Novel idea for the legacy armor storage issue?

Holocron

So, devs! As you know, legacy armor quantities have gone off of the reservation since legacy items were originally introduced. And I mean really far off of the reservation! When the sheer amount of available legacy gear takes up a minimum of 3 full banks (all tabs), then it's time to do something here.

ENTER...

LEGACY TOKENS

• Remove the "Legacy" coding of the current legacy armors, weapons, items

• Add those items to the collection system (under their own special legacy tab)

• Players collect the legacy items/armor as per normal in order to unlock it in the collections system

• Each time a legacy item is unlocked in the collections system, the player will receive a "Legacy Token"

• Players can reclaim the armor/items as per the normal reclaim process from the legacy tab section

• The "Legacy Token" can then be applied anytime to the reclaimed armor/item
    (Turning it back into a normal legacy item)

• The tokens can be added/removed at anytime without fees

Ok devs /thoughts?

Edited by Holocron

or just add them in collections

That's brilliant! I wonder why none of us ever thought of that before. :rolleyes:

The devs have stated that it's technically impossible for them to do so. Some conflicts in the coding. So we are left with either a horrible storage issue, or at least coming up with some potentially workable ideas as a work around.

That's brilliant! I wonder why none of us ever thought of that before. :rolleyes:

The devs have stated that it's technically impossible for them to do so. Some conflicts in the coding. So we are left with either a horrible storage issue, or at least coming up with some potentially workable ideas as a work around.

Why not just give us another Legacy Hold - it could even be called Legacy 2. It's obvious adding to the existing one isn't possible due to lag issues some people have, so give us another one to use as well. I don't see why this isn't possible.

Why not just give us another Legacy Hold - it could even be called Legacy 2. It's obvious adding to the existing one isn't possible due to lag issues some people have, so give us another one to use as well. I don't see why this isn't possible.

I wouldn't mind that solution, however, I have little over half of all the legacy armors/items in the game, and that alone takes up 3 full banks. So there needs to be a big solution. I'd be fine with a bank that has enough storage that it would be equal to 6+ banks.

So, devs! As you know, legacy armor quantities have gone off of the reservation since legacy items were originally introduced. And I mean really far off of the reservation! When the sheer amount of available legacy gear takes up a minimum of 3 full banks (all tabs), then it's time to do something here.

ENTER...

LEGACY TOKENS

• Remove the "Legacy" coding of the current legacy armors, weapons, items

• Add those items to the collection system (under their own special legacy tab)

• Players collect the legacy items/armor as per normal in order to unlock it in the collections system

• Each time a legacy item is unlocked in the collections system, the player will receive a "Legacy Token"

• Players can reclaim the armor/items as per the normal reclaim process

• The "Legacy Token" can then be applied anytime to the reclaimed armor/item
    (Turning it back into a normal legacy item)

• The tokens can be added/removed at anytime without fees

Ok devs /thoughts?

IMO, that would depend on how that "legacy token" was coded. IMO, certain things should be bound to character and NOT legacy bound, including but not limited to: relics, earpieces, implants and certain BOP items that are earned per character, such as the armors from the new FP.

If that legacy token could be coded so that it would not work on relics, implants, earpieces and items such as the the armors from the new FP, then it would be a more viable solution.

That does sound like a lot of intense coding and work just for what amounts to a simple storage issue, especially when no one is being forced to keep all those legacy armors and/or weapons, though.

IMO, that would depend on how that "legacy token" was coded. IMO, certain things should be bound to character and NOT legacy bound, including but not limited to: relics, earpieces, implants and certain BOP items that are earned per character, such as the armors from the new FP.

If that legacy token could be coded so that it would not work on relics, implants, earpieces and items such as the the armors from the new FP, then it would be a more viable solution.

That does sound like a lot of intense coding and work just for what amounts to a simple storage issue, especially when no one is being forced to keep all those legacy armors and/or weapons, though.

I envisioned it as the token only working on the same type of gear it was pulled from, similar to armorings. So if you got a legacy token for a weapon let's say, then it could only be applied to a weapon that was reclaimed from the unlocked weapons listed in the legacy sub tab of the collections.

Eric also said it wasn't possible to rename the Hot Prospect server......so, yeah...

When the sheer amount of available legacy gear takes up a minimum of 3 full banks (all tabs), then it's time to do something here.

Yes, it's time to vendor all the ugly stuff you're never going to wear/use .:)

Unless you are a "collector" there's no need to keep it all.

(The stuff that can't be sold, can just be trashed.)

If you are a "collector", the simplest solution, at the moment, would be to create some "storage mules" (alts), who are just used for storage. Even a brand new level 1 character can travel to your stronghold and access Legacy Storage.

Edited by JediQuaker

Yes, it's time to vendor all the ugly stuff you're never going to wear/use .:)

Unless you are a "collector" there's no need to keep it all.

(The stuff that can't be sold, can just be trashed.)

If you are a "collector", the simplest solution, at the moment, would be to create some "storage mules" (alts), who are just used for storage. Even a brand new level 1 character can travel to your stronghold and access Legacy Storage.

There are many unique looks and names that are not offered anywhere else in the game, so it's hardly vendor trash. Also, the current in game storage solution is in fact alt (mule) storage, as there too many items for any other way.

This is just really a poor quality of life design, because if failed to look forward enough. So it makes looking for various looks/armors very burdensome every time a player wants to utilize those armors, and that's not even considering the database impact. Also, legacy storage currently is not large enough to house all of the offered armors/items, and that is just single copies.

There are many unique looks and names that are not offered anywhere else in the game, so it's hardly vendor trash. Also, the current in game storage solution is in fact alt (mule) storage, as there too many items for any other way.

This is just really a poor quality of life design, because if failed to look forward enough. So it makes looking for various looks/armors very burdensome every time a player wants to utilize those armors, and that's not even considering the database impact. Also, legacy storage currently is not large enough to house all of the offered armors/items, and that is just single copies.

You might want to collect legacy armors. Billy might want to collect all the BOE armors. Johnny might want to collect all the BOE weapons. Someone else may want to collect all of some other item.

There are so many items in the game that one person or another might want to collect that in order to have "looked forward enough", BW would likely have needed to create enough storage to store at least one of every item in the game and then extra storage space to allow for future items. Talk about database impacts.

I fail to see how Johnny deciding to collect/hoard all the legacy armors is a BW issue. You can say that BW created all the legacy armors, but they also created all the armor sets that are quest rewards, as well as every other item in the game. If Billy wants to keep every BOP armor set he earns as he levels, is it up to BW to provide extra storage (or add those BOP armor sets to the collections interface) to accommodate Billy's hoarding?

Every MMO I have played has had limited storage, although those limits have varied by game. The common denominator in every MMO I have played is that players had to make choices on what to store/hoard and what to let go.

So put it in a tab underneath the character like pets or vehicles with the full sets collected in a list.

You might want to collect legacy armors. Billy might want to collect all the BOE armors. Johnny might want to collect all the BOE weapons. Someone else may want to collect all of some other item.

There are so many items in the game that one person or another might want to collect that in order to have "looked forward enough", BW would likely have needed to create enough storage to store at least one of every item in the game and then extra storage space to allow for future items. Talk about database impacts.

I fail to see how Johnny deciding to collect/hoard all the legacy armors is a BW issue. You can say that BW created all the legacy armors, but they also created all the armor sets that are quest rewards, as well as every other item in the game. If Billy wants to keep every BOP armor set he earns as he levels, is it up to BW to provide extra storage (or add those BOP armor sets to the collections interface) to accommodate Billy's hoarding?

Every MMO I have played has had limited storage, although those limits have varied by game. The common denominator in every MMO I have played is that players had to make choices on what to store/hoard and what to let go.

Imagine if the collections system didn't currently exist. That should answer your reasons as to "why".