Please do something about Traditional Jedi Robes prices post exploit

WickedGonzo

ARE. YOU. BLIND.

Did you see the GTN? The disproportionate prices? The complete absence of some rare items that only a day ago were there? The Revan's Heir title had 14 pages on the GTN yesterday, today it's only 2 and the prices are 5 million each whole yesterday they were 90.000 credits. Dozens upon dozens of players are reporting the same thing on Twitter, on Reddit and on the forums and yet still you choose to remain ignorant of the facts and are unwilling to look beyond your own delusions.

I really had hoped you had learned something from the server merge discussions.

The prices are just as obscene as they have been for months on many rare CM items. They didn't sell then since I saw the same people posting them at those costs, and they won't sell now.

As for items being gone from the GTN. Many are most likely holding off on posting stuff on the GTN because of the exploit so they don't get accused of Laundering those exploited credits. I know I haven't posted anything on the GTN because of it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The prices are just as obscene as they have been for months on many rare CM items. They didn't sell then since I saw the same people posting them at those costs, and they won't sell now.

As for items being gone from the GTN. Many are most likely holding off on posting stuff on the GTN because of the exploit so they don't get accused of Laundering those exploited credits. I know I haven't posted anything on the GTN because of it.

Same here. I pulled all of my stuff from the GTN until the Dev Team takes action. No point in risking a ban for something I was not a part of.

I have 90k credits, who are you rich Wizards.:rak_02:

I've been in this game coming up on 6 years. I make money mostly when I sell something on the gtn from a crate or box that I know people would like to purchase. I do check the gtn and if I think the price is too high, I lower mine alot to give someone a chance to obtain it. I've only got approx 58 mil, but that's between 44 characters on one server. If I have something someone may wanna buy, I toss it on the gtn. Mostly I sell dyes, some mounts, and armor cause some stuff I just don't like.

I realize it is RNG.. But I've opened TWO Hypercrates.. Not crates.. Hypercrates (52 crates) and have received ONE (1) piece of that outfit thus far. So you have a choice.. Pay 200M or buy your own hypercrates.

Don't feel bad I bought a hundred dollars worth of crates when the Senya lightsabre came out that like 5 26 crate packages got ZERO senya Lightsaber's havent bought and crates since if I cant get it direct pee pee on BioWares gambling game

Also, how are people making credits with the cheap companion gift bug? Just curious, as I don't see how you would do this. Are they selling them on the GTN and people are actually buying them or something, or is there more to it?

Nope, it's very simple really, you never have to leave the vendor. Just remember the price you pay at the vendor is set by a different spot in the database than the price the vendor pays you to buy back an item you mistakenly bought. If both prices don't match and the buy price is lower than the buy back price, then you have a credit exploit in the wild.

That is basically how every credit exploit has worked in this game in the past. I never checked this one out but if what I heard was true, then it would have been especially bad since you didn't even need credits to prime the pump. You could make them with nothing (since the buy price was 0 and the buy back price was 650).

Someone bought all the pieces with exploited credits and relisted them for insanely high prices on my server. On the first day on thursday morning you could buy an upper box for 10-15 mil. It is meant to go cheaper after this, not the other way around. Thanks for the exploit.

Wake up people, recent price hikes have nothing to do with mythical supply and demand. It's because of the worst exploit ever. Bioware has to address this. No way in hell recent players will get there with those prices.

The thing is, that's not an exploit. If someone bought up all the cheaper version and that re-listed it for a much higher price, how exactly is that an exploit? Unless you can prove that the person used exploitedly obtained credits, I don't see what people would expect BW to do.

10-15 million credits is not a lot. There have been times I've had in excess of 100 million credits. If I were to buy something very rare at one price and than put it back on the GTN for a much higher price, that's not exploiting. There are no rules that govern how much someone can charge for anything. What are we talking about here, introducing communism into the fake game economy?

I understand peoples frustraition at wanting something that is extremely expensive and unaffordable, but, I'm not sure how that's any different from someone wanting a Ferrari even though they can get another car for a fraction of the sales price of a Ferrari. Is the price of a Ferrari unfair or an exploit?

Maybe I'm not understanding what's people are suggesting here, but, could you explain exactly what it is you are asking for here? I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth here.

If the issue is that something is very rare and wanted and people who have them are charging crazy high prices, they are not doing anything wrong persay, and that wouldn't be an exploit. Market values shift, prices go up and down, but we need to bare one thing in mind here, this is not a real economy. It's make believe credits that have nothing that backs them up like in a real economy [gold, bonds, etc.], asking BW to step in and impose price gauging or the like, or setting ceilings for prices goes in the face of a free economy system in spirit. Granted its a fake 'economy' to begin with so you are not really beholden to a real life structure, but that kind of thing is opening pandora's box, where does it stop than? Where is the oversight, where are the checks and balances of a federated government?

Best to keep it simple, because once you start down that road there is no telling where it will end.

Look what happened with "class balance", good intentions that ended up screwing almost every spec in the game over save for the ones that were the biggest offenders to begin with. BW messed up the game terribly with that crap and now there are so many disgruntled players, those who have left, those that will leave over it.

Personally, I don't want BW telling me what I can sell and can't and for how much, or what I'm allowed to say with monitor's on fleet slapping people with bans for using 4 letter words. No Thank you.

I think it would be a good idea for those of you who feel strongly about this issue to state exactly what you are proposing and not just in theory, you don't want to leave the nuts and bolts of things to BW because they break everything they touch.

What's that saying, Becareful what you wish for you just might get it?

Bioware breaks things, they don't fix things and things that are already broken they make worse.

Anyone who regularly checks the GTN has seen the recent inflation. It's affected everything, and anyone claiming otherwise is very much in denial.

I can't be certain it was purely the exploit's fault, seeing as especially the robes and new crafting materials are very sought after right now, but it's the only thing that's noticeably and drastically changed the number of credits in circulation recently, and considering exploited credits have to be laundered to make the exploit more difficult to punish, they can't really be compared to the people with 10 figures sitting in their banks legitimately. These credits have to be spent, and quickly. It's the logical culprit, and for lack of a better explanation from BW (provided they have one) it's the one people are going to run with.

Regardless of its blame for current prices, anyone who used the exploit needs to have their credits reduced to 0 and their banks emptied of valuables. Return items bought by those accounts since the patch hit to the people who sold them, and delete the credits from existence. Make the exploiters build their fortunes again from scratch so that future potential exploiters have something to fear when they discover a get-rich-quick scheme. It's harsh, but necessary, and prevents a full rollback from happening.

Anyone who regularly checks the GTN has seen the recent inflation. It's affected everything, and anyone claiming otherwise is very much in denial.

Jarael set, Insidious councilor set, shikaakwan set and covert energy set were around the same price range as always when I checked yesterday. Unrelenting terror seems to be going downwards -- it was around 70 million week or so ago, cheapest was 55 millions yesterday.

No, it has not effected everything.

Jarael set, Insidious councilor set, shikaakwan set and covert energy set were around the same price range as always when I checked yesterday. Unrelenting terror seems to be going downwards -- it was around 70 million week or so ago, cheapest was 55 millions yesterday.

No, it has not effected everything.

Of course it didn't affect undesirable items.

You messed it up, please fix it. The prices were fine before, 15-20m for upper body box and so on. Now they're absurdly high. The robes are iconic, having them locked behind 200m+ for a full set is simply absurd. At least put them on direct sale...

They have posted there will be bannings, sit back and wait for the fun, soon prices will revert to normal.

Bannings as in the typical 3 day ban or a permanent one? If it's the former, it won't change anything.

Usually the people who have been accidentally hit by the banhammer after an exploit have complained about being permabanned and then being forced to jump through several hoops to get their account back. So I'm guessing it's permaban.

Usually the people who have been accidentally hit by the banhammer after an exploit have complained about being permabanned and then being forced to jump through several hoops to get their account back. So I'm guessing it's permaban.

Can't say I've seen it. Guess we'll find out eventually. But from my memory, BW always gives players a slap on the wrist. Every time I feel like exploiting the **** out of things as people always seem to get away with it, but then I don't really want to, so I don't. /shrugs

Edited by Eshvara

Nope, it's very simple really, you never have to leave the vendor. Just remember the price you pay at the vendor is set by a different spot in the database than the price the vendor pays you to buy back an item you mistakenly bought. If both prices don't match and the buy price is lower than the buy back price, then you have a credit exploit in the wild.

That is basically how every credit exploit has worked in this game in the past. I never checked this one out but if what I heard was true, then it would have been especially bad since you didn't even need credits to prime the pump. You could make them with nothing (since the buy price was 0 and the buy back price was 650).

Thanks for the explanation, how did BioWare not see this coming?!

Ok so now I'm scared that I'm going to be banned for using the bug in the way that they told us we could. I used it to level up my companions. Do you think they are going to ban everyone who bought the gifts, or just those who sold them back? I really hope it's the latter. If they did infact ban everyone who leveled up their companions, well, that'd be a lot of people...

The thing is, that's not an exploit. If someone bought up all the cheaper version and that re-listed it for a much higher price, how exactly is that an exploit? Unless you can prove that the person used exploitedly obtained credits, I don't see what people would expect BW to do.

That's not the exploit, that's the FIX. The exploit itself was when the gifts themselves cost NOTHING and could be refunded for the full original credit amount. In other words, you'd buy a stack of 9999 gifts for ZERO credits, and sell them back for over 9 MILLION. The total time to do this is measured in seconds. The exploit was in the wild for over two hours. Let that sink in a sec.

Ok so now I'm scared that I'm going to be banned for using the bug in the way that they told us we could. I used it to level up my companions. Do you think they are going to ban everyone who bought the gifts, or just those who sold them back? I really hope it's the latter. If they did infact ban everyone who leveled up their companions, well, that'd be a lot of people...

If all you did was level companions then you have nothing to worry about.

Anything you do on a server is recorded in logs. The people that took advantage of this exploit left a paper trail that can be pointed straight back to them.....obtained comp gifts for nothing...sold them back immediately, received credits. They are the ones that will suffer the risk of a ban.

If all you did was level companions then you have nothing to worry about.

Anything you do on a server is recorded in logs. The people that took advantage of this exploit left a paper trail that can be pointed straight back to them.....obtained comp gifts for nothing...sold them back immediately, received credits. They are the ones that will suffer the risk of a ban.

Phew, well that's a relief.

Also, my Traditional Jedi Lower Body Armor has finally unbound, and I'm scared to sell it because I don't want to risk a ban for no reason, is it safe to sell these? Can the Devs see that I obtained this from a crate?

Edit: I just posted it on the GTN, because YOLO. Lmfao. I really hope I don't get associated with exploiters because of this. I'm just a poor dude who got lucky with an RNG crate tryna make some creds. :,(

Edit #2: Just sold for 15mil. Glad that the buyer was able to get a non-dirty set!

Edited by doohickeyexpress

They have posted there will be bannings, sit back and wait for the fun, soon prices will revert to normal.

You guys really have little understanding of how things work. Bans won't help much. It's very easy to launder credits with such exploits. They should have shut GTN down asap. :[

Prices will not revert to "normal" any time soon because the damage is done. heavily.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue