People exploiting Group ranked for mats was predictable

Vanarion

With the introduction of the new augments and a component needed for them gated behind ranked PVP (drop rate from CXP boxes is pretty low) it was totally predictable that people would start win trading to obtain said components.

I think the idea was to create something similar to the equipment tier we once had for PVE nim mode.

Something you can only get effectively by participating what is considered the most challenging content.

Thing is you got to be able to actually kill the respective bosses in nim mode. And with the old system you would have got a certain pieces only from certain bosses. In PVP you can just win trade.

What is now happening was absolutly predictable. I hope that the market will get saturated with the PVP components while being short of the ones from operations.

Just another design descision by the actual bioware team that I can only describe as questionable.

Edited by Vanarion

Of course it was predictable to anyone who plays pvp. But someone who doesn’t pvp thought it was a good idea, so it got added.

A better method would have been to sell them for unassembled components and make them cost a lot. You still get more components in Ranked, so it would still be the fastest way to do it.

As I said in the PvP thread same topic, mixing a scored competition with a gathering activity is just plain stupid.

Surprise we get win trading gatherers, surprise this "tank" just switched to "tank" so he can get into master mode.

And lets face it, they are just making these augments hard to get so they can introduce another grind to cover up for lack of content.

They should be in WZ and Vet FP.

Edited by Foambreaker

As I said in the PvP thread same topic, mixing a scored competition with a gathering activity is just plain stupid.

Surprise we get win trading gatherers, surprise this "tank" just switched to "tank" so he can get into master mode.

And lets face it, they are just making these augments hard to get so they can introduce another grind to cover up for lack of content.

They should be in WZ and Vet FP.

Yep yep.

It's not like the new augments are really worth the effort and/or cost to produce really, which in my view makes it's triggering of gaming ranked PvP matches even worse. You get a 3rd stat...... great for min/maxers I'm sure.. but from a strict value based assessment.. they don't seem to be worth the current cost in materials or credits for what you gain. I guess time will tell where they settle out at in the crafting trade on the GTNs. None the less.. we have a factory line set up now in guild to make enough for everyones main and maybe an alt or two.. but after that... we will probably drop them from guild effort unless the fair market prices for the augment remain above 10M.

Edited by Andryah

I hope that the market will get saturated with the PVP components while being short of the ones from operations.

As much as I agree that it was predictable...in fact I and others already predicted this after seeing the first of it in let's say less offficial sources.

But what you wish here is rather unlikely. You only need 1 of them per craft instead of 2 and they have equal drop chance from crates, so they already are a lot cheaper than the PvP mat.

Currently the PvP mat is 7M each on the GTN (Malgus) and the PvE mat is 1.5M. So it's not half as cheap even but less than a quarter of the price.

I am not buying this. What do you mean exploiting? Win trading? Theyre just queuing bad groups so they can mats. They lose, somebody else wins and gets rating. Other group willingly queues and still get mats they were after. Wolf is fed and sheep is unhurt.

They should leave it and not introduce it in solo ranked because that's gonna piss a lot of people and create extremely toxic environment.

LMAO at all the super-elite PVPnesses calling it an "exploit" if people are bad at PVP'ing.

In addition to not giving a rats rectum about PvP, I am also even terribler at Role Playing, so I guess in your eyes I am exploiting the RP'ing aspects of the game just by logging in then too.

Just another PVP temper tantrum, nothing to see here, move along.

Edited by Bristol

Queues are popping though...isn't that all that matters?

Yes. I think what they did is great. If you don't want to play in pvp dont. Frankly, ELO in this game is entirely a joke. Solo or grouped. It has been since the 8-man ranked was removed. It's 4vs4 in a small arena with no objective play. It lacks any credibility to be ranked in the gaming world. There are no professional players in this ranked environment. Try getting farmed by Korean ranked players.

I support any method to make it played. If pvp isn't your cup of tea then you won't be getting mats from it. If you want to queue and as long as you do the bare minimum of walk around you are fine by me. I like to do ranked and group ranked. I'm not elite and I don't care. I think its got nice rewards and is fun to play.

Matching isn't the players job to fix. Its the developers. Get people playing again even if they want to hate it at first and just go in holding there nose is fine by me. Eventually they might say I might as well click on the abilities. Then they might win a couple and say. I might try keybinding this a bit. Then they might find that its not so bad and not be lazy feet stomping children about ranked. Eventually if they want the mats they might start to enjoy it a bit even if they don't want to admit it.

Edited by PlagaNerezza

Yes. I think what they did is great. If you don't want to play in pvp dont.

That's a little too easy. I don't want to PvP but I do want BiS gear for my characters that do NiM raiding, the hardest content in the game. But I cannot get BiS gear unless I go to PvP and throw some matches?

Something is wrong with that idea no matter how you wanna turn it.

People have been throwing ranked since it became a source for CXP. It still continues to be one of the highest, easiest ways to get it and they haven't changed it since last year, so don't hold your breath that crying about this practice continuing will change this, either. Is it stupid? Yep. Is it the first time something stupid has been put into practice? Nope, and not the last either.