Solo Rated matchmaking system (Season 9)

rolandps

Summary

I'm not the best sorcerer healer. But I'm definitely not the worst.

Todays games:

• 20 games played as sorcerer healer

• 5x tank/healer games where my team didn't have a tank

• 9x 3d 1h games where one of my dds quitted even before first round finished

• 1x 3d 1h games where one of my teammates disconnected

• 2x 3d 1h games where one of the enemies left

• 1x tank/healer games where the enemies didn't have a tank

• Surprise! 1x 3d 1h game where both teams were complete

Usual games:

• One team with 2k rated player and the opponent team with 1k rated player, on average (What is the 1k rated team supposed to do?)

• People that: leave, throw, ****, suck, disconnect, whatever you want

• Competitive matches are pretty rare nowadays, anyway!

Suggestions and Improvements:

• Give people that leave (or disconnect from) a (solo-) rated match a 30 minutes or 1 hour ban (or whatever) in order to prevent leavers, throwers and wintrader of queuing frequently

• *********** introduce a (at least) 242 gear requirement for solo rated!!! And valor 25? Is that a really sarcastic joke?

• Maybe match rated average equal teams vs each other. That means, when one team has 2k rated, 1k rated and 2x 1.5k rated player, the enemies team maybe gets 4x 1.5k rated player at least (or is this logic too hard to code for you guys?). I know that this isn't possible always. But it's definitely possible, without any fkn doubt, not to match 2k rated vs 1k rated teams!!!

Today, Bioware lost me as sub. I really love SWTOR combat system, ability system is great. But PvP sucks, and PvP is all I love to play.

Maybe think about my suggestions and improvements.

I'm sure that it's not the first thread about this, but I highly recommend paying attention on this. I won't be the first you guys loose caused by exactly the above listed reasons.

I'd be grateful up to anyone replying or amending my topic!

Thanks for reading

~ Imasorc

In theory the average rating of each team should at least be somewhat similar. But this is contingent on a lot of players being in queue. I'm fairly certain there are literally never as many players in queue as the system was designed for.

But you can occasionally see what it looks like when there are just barely enough players of varied enough ratings to make vaguely balanced games, almost always on the red eclipse.

The only way to counter this is by playing lots of games to average out of the randomness and bad luck in the long term. If you pull your weight and keep queuing you will climb.

I'm sorry you had such a brutal night with throwers and leavers but in my experience getting *that* many dumpster fire games if pretty atypical, although I've definitely noticed an uptick in this since the server merges. I would expect that to die down.

Edited by yellow_

They definitely need a gear requirement. Nothing crazy, just to a point where it is probable that someone at lvl 70 AND the valor requirement would have something.

You want to make it really interesting? Prevent players from switching gear while in a match. This would prevent someone to just queue then take everything off to troll. We get it, it probably doesn't matter anyways since they are throwing the match but it is something.

Do not match players base on ELO, just match randomly based on Tank, Healer, DPS. I'd rather make solo queue completely random versus the weird matchmaking that keeps 2k players together.

Additionally, when assigning rewards to the highest players, take 5 minutes to check out their alts. You'd be surprised to find that SOME of the "great" players are using their alts to throw to keep themselves high and/or to help out friends.

Don't ban them, because it keeps money flowing. But don't reward them anything.

Otherwise, keep the rewards mediocre especially for top tier players. Considering that they are willing to do anything possible (cheat, throw on alts, server hop for wintrading, etc.) rewards should reflect the toxic community.

There is not much you CAN do against the leavers, I mean you still have to consider them as "paying customers" whom you simply cannot limit the game just like that. On the otherhand you do have a 15 min lockout in Groupfinder, true, but nothing hinders u to relog to an alt and que again and leave again.

Also, the matchmaking IS balanced when it comes to rating. The only exception is when there are not enough ppl in que, otherwise the group rating (when you add together the ratings) should be fine. Some of the PVPers even missuse the system to que sync this way (but I wont go into details).

The roles are basically balanced but if u dont get mirrored teams it just might be that the tank "just left the que" or there was no other tank etc, so the system wants you to play so matches you with what is in que. I think the system is good as it is, its just that people know how it works and missuse it a lot of times, they sync que and wintrade, thatst he problem.

Summary

Todays games:

Usual games:

• One team with 2k rated player and the opponent team with 1k rated player, on average (What is the 1k rated team supposed to do?)

• Give people that leave (or disconnect from) a (solo-) rated match a 30 minutes or 1 hour ban (or whatever) in order to prevent leavers, throwers and wintrader of queuing frequently

• *********** introduce a (at least) 242 gear requirement for solo rated!!! And valor 25? Is that a really sarcastic joke?

• Maybe match rated average equal teams vs each other. That means, when one team has 2k rated, 1k rated and 2x 1.5k rated player, the enemies team maybe gets 4x 1.5k rated player at least (or is this logic too hard to code for you guys?). I know that this isn't possible always. But it's definitely possible, without any fkn doubt, not to match 2k rated vs 1k rated teams!!!

Today, Bioware lost me as sub. I really love SWTOR combat system, ability system is great. But PvP sucks, and PvP is all I love to play.

I'm sure that it's not the first thread about this, but I highly recommend paying attention on this. I won't be the first you guys loose caused by exactly the above listed reasons.

Thanks for reading

~ Imasorc

What i noticed is that there is a very small number of games with healers but very huge number of games with all dps specs. This sucks since many swtor classes (mara, jugg, dot oper etc) are bad in dps fights, and much better in heal games. Such domination of dps games forces everyone to play burst opers, dec sins, snipers and mercs..... this looks dumb and untair. Overall, solo rated is TRASH in swtor

Summary

Todays games:

Usual games:

Thanks for reading

~ Imasorc

I hope you will reconsider this.. ;)

The matchmaking is rubbish and it doesn't favor you if you are 900-1180 range. it's very hard to get out and it will lead to a lot of frustration. LOTS of players gave up because of this

The other healers in que were higher rated than you and they got teamed up with the highest rated DPS available to them while you got teamed up with 2nd Highest rated DPS's in que probably 900-1100 range and you get the leavers and quitters.

Players rated rated 1300+ are rarely leavers and throwers.

If you want relaxed ranked games, que rep side. It won't matter if you lose. ;) No one will abuse you.

What i noticed is that there is a very small number of games with healers but very huge number of games with all dps specs. This sucks since many swtor classes (mara, jugg, dot oper etc) are bad in dps fights, and much better in heal games. Such domination of dps games forces everyone to play burst opers, dec sins, snipers and mercs..... this looks dumb and untair. Overall, solo rated is TRASH in swtor

FYI jugg and dot oper are among the worst choices for heal 3 dps game.

I hope you will reconsider this.. ;)

The matchmaking is rubbish and it doesn't favor you if you are 900-1180 range. it's very hard to get out and it will lead to a lot of frustration. LOTS of players gave up because of this

The other healers in que were higher rated than you and they got teamed up with the highest rated DPS available to them while you got teamed up with 2nd Highest rated DPS's in que probably 900-1100 range and you get the leavers and quitters.

Players rated rated 1300+ are rarely leavers and throwers.

If you want relaxed ranked games, que rep side. It won't matter if you lose. ;) No one will abuse you.

Read this again...

... while you got teamed up with 2nd Highest rated DPS's in que probably 900-1100 range and you get the leavers and quitters ...

Just BTW. I had paused SWTOR for 2 years. I came back 2 months ago, because I really liked the PvP in Season 7 on TOFN (it probably was the best Season this game ever had, as far as I can listen to other people talking).

For my sorcerer healer: I started playing Dot DD sorcerer. I went down to 900 rating pretty quick. My rating is 1185 (i was 1207 2 days ago) currently. It's an increase of about 300 points as healer. And I'm proud of it. But I promise you guys that I play and deserved better than other 1350 rated heals in this queue.

But that's simply impossible to reach for me. As I started the thread, read it again at the matchmaking, there are hardly any games I can win. And this actually frustrates me, as you said. It can be frustrating. It's more than frustrating. Caused by the matchmaking, I become suicidal some evenings. Honestly.

Thank you guys for your guesses :)