There is NO [F a i r] Play

AleksandarKey

I just went to the game, and the 1st think was to que for operation using the group finder. A second later group pops up, and i click ready, so the other players too. Another second later i was kicked out. Then i found another group in the general fleet chat, they needed a tank, so i have entered in another party as a tank, but the problem was i had 7-8 minute timer on the group finder, so the new "LEADER" decided to kick me out.

SO Musco, dude...do something about the fair play in this damn game,err.

Stuff like this happens. It's irritating, but you learn to deal with it. Maybe the first group wanted a specific person in the group and you unknowingly too that spot. Why they didn't group together or explain this to you is frustrating, and bad behaviour, but there's nothing you can do about it. As for the second group...they probably wanted a quick run and didn't have the patience to wait until your lockout timer expired. Again, irritating, but there's nothing you can do about it. I'm not condoning their behaviour - just saying it happens at times, and offering possible explanations. I can assure you not all PUG groups are that way.

I just went to the game, and the 1st think was to que for operation using the group finder. A second later group pops up, and i click ready, so the other players too. Another second later i was kicked out. Then i found another group in the general fleet chat, they needed a tank, so i have entered in another party as a tank, but the problem was i had 7-8 minute timer on the group finder, so the new "LEADER" decided to kick me out.

You were probably kicked because they were trying to get a guild mate in for their GF run after someone left. Don't take it personally.

People kick you from groufinder all the time if they deem you are undergeared (even if you're not for the content) because they want to speed run through it. Sometimes they even kick one person so they can bring out a companion instead because you can't get a groupfinder pop without 4 people to start with. Once it starts there is no minimum number of players requirement. It is part of the toxic nature of groupfinder content in this game. Not everyone is a jerk but there seem to be more jerks in groupfinder queues than anywhere else

People kick you from groufinder all the time if they deem you are undergeared (even if you're not for the content) because they want to speed run through it. Sometimes they even kick one person so they can bring out a companion instead because you can't get a groupfinder pop without 4 people to start with. Once it starts there is no minimum number of players requirement. It is part of the toxic nature of groupfinder content in this game. Not everyone is a jerk but there seem to be more jerks in groupfinder queues than anywhere else

I run group finder all of the time on nights when my raid group doesn't have a formal op scheduled and it's far from toxic. There are jerks once in a while but they're in the extreme minority and easily dealt with via vote kick should they prove to be that detrimental to a group. I raid on Harbinger\Satele Shan and Red Eclipse\Darth Malgus which have poor reputations to boot.

I don’t think ‘fair’ means what you think it means.

Also, you don’t get a lockout if you’re kicked which means you left, so live with your decision and go do something else for a few minutes.

Actually, you do get the timer if you are kicked now.

I've noticed this change and it's been an irritating one for a few months for me now. I've noticed it both with group finder for regular groups and for raids. I suspect this change was stealth done due to people asking to get kicked based on what FP popped, though I do not know if this timer goes down as you go through the dungeon.

If you look at the group que'd and all of them have the same guild tag they are likely bringing in a guildie and dropping out the lockout holder. Normally those folks will apologize in a whisper for picking you up, since they try to time it in a countdown normally in ts or some other voice chat but they are getting conquest points for their guild and a non guild member isn't going to do that. Yeah, it sucks when that happens but it isn't deliberate. Now if they don't apologize in a whisper yeah, that's rude.

Stuff like this happens. It's irritating, but you learn to deal with it. Maybe the first group wanted a specific person in the group and you unknowingly too that spot. Why they didn't group together or explain this to you is frustrating, and bad behaviour, but there's nothing you can do about it. As for the second group...they probably wanted a quick run and didn't have the patience to wait until your lockout timer expired. Again, irritating, but there's nothing you can do about it. I'm not condoning their behaviour - just saying it happens at times, and offering possible explanations. I can assure you not all PUG groups are that way.

Wait wait, hear me out, because Facts are nowadays that people have gotten' ******y(didnt use actual word) and there has been a problem with people just being rats to the point I stopped playing a couple months ago, then tried things out with a Guild. But no matter what, the Biggest thing is that 1) If u don't have cred, or are new to the Flashpoint/ Op, then your are gonna get either kicked or blamed. Now, since i was new to some stuff it was my fault, but when it's their fault they will either blame the new guy for not having all 230 to 240 gear when I can out damage some people in 240 gear.

2) These brats also always tell you and everyone else to SPACEBAR, and even though i do it, even when I have never done the content, 3 times I did what was right for the other newbies and said No i won't spacebar, even though i did. Now the people that wanted to see the Cut scenes got to see it, because they have PAID for Their Right to see for the first time the story of the Flashpoint/Op. Because I said i wouldn't Space bar, those punk Rat Kid or Kids Kicked me out. I was also the Leader of 1 of those Flaspoints to, but didn't remember how to vote No.

Mergings had to be done, but with it came Fewer good people to group with. Now, i know there is plenty of good people, but the bad thing is the Good People usually get caught with Bad Egotistical idiots, that think they are God's gift to Mankind

This Kick player Option is too much abused and people will never try, nor be able to learn how to be the best, because so many snobs do Not give people their due chance. 3) I was also kicked because that 1 or 2 people bullied others and said stuff about me, when we had Never met. They bully other kick others, because they are Egotistical morons, that don't even know what a Real Life job is.

I believe We as a Community should try to help others, it also helps people stay subbed, but no 1 wants to play a game with such people that only jollies from demeaning others.:mad:

/Rant off for now.

Actually, you do get the timer if you are kicked now.

Well, my bad then, and that's a bug thumbs down from me cuz if anything actually needs a lockout it's Warzones, not Operations/FPs.

Maybe a compromise would be if you're kicked before the first boss for being under-geared or not knowing how to play then no lockout?

You likely got kicked because a group was trying to replace a player they knew...the second your name showed up, they knew you weren't who they wanted so they kicked you. It was nothing at all personal...but it IS fair...not to you, but it's the only way to get people in your group that you want once you've started an Op in GF.

Something fishy about this line. Are you sure you weren't kicked for being a DPS queuing as a tank?

I played as tank jugger using ~236 gear rate.

About the 2nd group they were different group,with different group leader.

Anyway i've managed to beat The gods of machines successfully, aprox. 30 minutes later.

Edited by AleksandarKey

Wait wait, hear me out, because Facts are nowadays that people have gotten' ******y(didnt use actual word) and there has been a problem with people just being rats to the point I stopped playing a couple months ago, then tried things out with a Guild. But no matter what, the Biggest thing is that 1) If u don't have cred, or are new to the Flashpoint/ Op, then your are gonna get either kicked or blamed. Now, since i was new to some stuff it was my fault, but when it's their fault they will either blame the new guy for not having all 230 to 240 gear when I can out damage some people in 240 gear.

2) These brats also always tell you and everyone else to SPACEBAR, and even though i do it, even when I have never done the content, 3 times I did what was right for the other newbies and said No i won't spacebar, even though i did. Now the people that wanted to see the Cut scenes got to see it, because they have PAID for Their Right to see for the first time the story of the Flashpoint/Op. Because I said i wouldn't Space bar, those punk Rat Kid or Kids Kicked me out. I was also the Leader of 1 of those Flaspoints to, but didn't remember how to vote No.

Mergings had to be done, but with it came Fewer good people to group with. Now, i know there is plenty of good people, but the bad thing is the Good People usually get caught with Bad Egotistical idiots, that think they are God's gift to Mankind

This Kick player Option is too much abused and people will never try, nor be able to learn how to be the best, because so many snobs do Not give people their due chance. 3) I was also kicked because that 1 or 2 people bullied others and said stuff about me, when we had Never met. They bully other kick others, because they are Egotistical morons, that don't even know what a Real Life job is.

I believe We as a Community should try to help others, it also helps people stay subbed, but no 1 wants to play a game with such people that only jollies from demeaning others.:mad:

/Rant off for now.

And here's MY recent experiences with flashpoints. I haven't used group finder (or even run anything in a group) for quite some time. I ran more than 6 veteran flashpoints through GF the other day. At least one person didn't space bar, maybe more. No one complained or said anything about it at all. Once when I queued, I forgot to not remove Tank as an option. When I got into the flashpoint I said, "Sorry guys, I didn't mean to queue as a tank." They said, "No problem." One of the flash points put me into Umbara which I hadn't done before. I informed the others of this at the start and they said, "No problem." And then proceeded to explain the boss fights when we got to them. There were a couple of deaths in the Umbara flashpoint but no on blamed them on me. And this was with different people in each of the flashpoints.

Now granted, these were veteran flashpoints. Maybe people queuing for master mode flashpoints or for operations have different attitudes. But my recent experiences with group finder were quite pleasant.