PVP Hackers

Deathsus

I thought the new "Engines" were supposed to make it easier to deal with hackers in pvp and Starship missions. Several people have been making reports of the players and the matches on a constant basis where hackers are totally obvious and nothing is done. This is destroying the quality of gameplay. To not ban these players and send a clear message that this will not be tolerated just simply sends a message that you could care less about maintaining the quality of game play.This is going against your own creed as posted on the EA Investors site and the in game violation of the TOS. Is it time to form a web site that encourages doing a class action suit because of your defrauding of your subscribers or are we going to see you take a reasonable stewardship over the game. Edited by Deathsus
additional info

I thought the new "Engines" were supposed to make it easier to deal with hackers in pvp and Starship missions. Several people have been making reports of the players and the matches on a constant basis where hackers are totally obvious and nothing is done. This is destroying the quality of gameplay. To not ban these players and send a clear message that this will not be tolerated just simply sends a message that you could care less about maintaining the quality of game play.This is going against your own creed as posted on the EA Investors site and the in game violation of the TOS. Is it time to form a web site that encourages doing a class action suit because of your defrauding of your subscribers or are we going to see you take a reasonable stewardship over the game.

What kind of hacking?

Do they have video? Or just claims.

Because some abilities are a just little overdone and that's working as intended. Like the ridiculous vanguard/powertech speeds in addition to having movement effect immunity. I had to ask people was this normal b/c it look so ridiculous

Sonic the Hedgehog over there is working as intended I'm told.

Edited by Dayshadow

Personally I am not sure how it works. I had friends do some "bad" stuff and they got banned for ever after a few days. I really dont know how the people are doing it, coming back over and over. There are things for which you get 24 bann, then a week bann, then 1 month, then 3 months etc, but then they give permabans, just not sure how these "hackers" do it.

Maybe they pay with stolen or fake credit cards so they actually scam the game overall, i dunno. The thing is that they come and go at specific times, it kinda makes it look like they get temporary bans, not permabans.

Also, yes, for example in game moderators or live agents would help a lot in such cases, yet Bioware does not have the funds for it, im sure.

Imps going thru gates without them being open on Voidstar matches. Imps averaging 40-50kilss to 0 kills from any pubs. I'd say that clearly hacking.

A) Don't stand near the edge in voidstar after the bridge because a stealther will teleport to you and plant the bomb :rolleyes:.

B) Git gud.

Imps averaging 40-50 kils and pubs 0 has nothing to do with hacks.

The problem is that average pub pug enters wz thinking he is an amazing player since he cleared the solo storyline without dying once and then gets destroyed by players who actually know how to play.

Then comes here crying about hacks instead of learning from it,read some guides to his class,watch some you tube videos even or ask others players for some advice.

Did i just describe you :rak_02:

A) Don't stand near the edge in voidstar after the bridge because a stealther will teleport to you and plant the bomb :rolleyes:.

B) Git gud.

Imps averaging 40-50 kils and pubs 0 has nothing to do with hacks.

The problem is that average pub pug enters wz thinking he is an amazing player since he cleared the solo storyline without dying once and then gets destroyed by players who actually know how to play.

Then comes here crying about hacks instead of learning from it,read some guides to his class,watch some you tube videos even or ask others players for some advice.

Did i just describe you :rak_02:

He means there's (was?) an exploit in Voidstar where you could get past the starting gate and be planting the bomb before the game actually starts. You can tell because the bomb will be planted within the first 20 seconds of a match, which is physically impossible using normal game mechanics.

He means there's (was?) an exploit in Voidstar where you could get past the starting gate and be planting the bomb before the game actually starts. You can tell because the bomb will be planted within the first 20 seconds of a match, which is physically impossible using normal game mechanics.

The op enters a wz and doesn't understand what is going on around him.

When a guy says imps have 50 kills,pubs have 0 = OMG HAX, then i am pretty sure he doesn't know what he means either.

That is why my guess is that he is reffering to the teleport plant trick in voidstar and not to some real hack.

Jeezee is not around at the moment as far as i know.

Anyway,long story short : pic or didn't happen :cool:.

When a guy says imps have 50 kills,pubs have 0 = OMG HAX, then i am pretty sure he doesn't know what he means either.

That is why my guess is that he is reffering to the teleport plant trick in voidstar and not to some real hack.

Well I know the 50-0 pasting is possible in GSF, since I witnessed a 50-1 pasting with myself getting the only kill. Pretty easy to do the math.

It's just there was an issue with Voidstar start and certain people setting the bomb as soon as it was spawned and I was questioning if that is what he seen. Because you know, server mergers tend to bring back all sorts of people, especially those that like to troll.

Given what Jeezee has done repeatedly in the past while posting videos of it, well I think we can give those reports a little more weight than your usual Predation = speed hacking reports. So yeah, I'd like to know since he's supposedly merged into my server. I can queue dodge with the best of them.

Imps going thru gates without them being open on Voidstar matches. Imps averaging 40-50kilss to 0 kills from any pubs. I'd say that clearly hacking.

The first is a hack, at least if you're referring to someone planting in Voidstar at the beginning of a match before the defending team has even had time to jump down.

The second most likely isn't. Lop-sided matches occur normally all the time and are usually the result of a balancing mismatch where one team has more than one healer and tank and the other team doesn't have any. When those balancing mismatches happen the best DPS on the team without healers will have single digit kills, unless the other team are complete garbage, while even DPS on the bottom half of the leaderboard for the team healers and guard swap will have double digit kills. That's not a hacking issue, it's either an issue with matchmaking, premading, or both.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

What I'm talking about is fully geared 248 lvl PVP's who know the game and have lvl 70-90 valore can't get a kill and imps side 1-shot everone. Speed hack in civil war allows them to get from one side to another instantly with no CD's. 50-69 kills per imp vs totally 0 kills on fully geared pub side is Obvious hacking. If you don't understand this then you don't understand the game and have never played it!

What I'm talking about is fully geared 248 lvl PVP's who know the game and have lvl 70-90 valore can't get a kill and imps side 1-shot everone. Speed hack in civil war allows them to get from one side to another instantly with no CD's. 50-69 kills per imp vs totally 0 kills on fully geared pub side is Obvious hacking. If you don't understand this then you don't understand the game and have never played it!

Yeah ok, that speed hack is Predation/Transcendence:

30 sec. cooldown. 10 sec. duration. +80% movement speed. +10% defense. And most importantly... it cleanses roots/snares and this all applies for the entire raid within 40m.

You can quite easily run from grass to snow in that 10 seconds, with nearly double the movement speed.

That's not obvious hacking at all and that you think it is makes it sound like you need to learn to play.

It doesn't matter how well geared or high valor a DPS is if they have no healers on their team but they are up against two or three on the other team who may be guarded. The DPS on the team without heals is going to die a lot and have single digit kills at best unless the team with the healers is extremely bad.

What you're describing sounds like the typical balancing mismatch and not a hack.

As for the other team one-shotting everyone...if that actually happened and isn't a gross exaggeration of what sounds like a typical balancing mismatch, than yes that was a hack but one that has not been seen before. Assuming you weren't exaggerating, where is the evidence of people being killed with a single attack ability? Without it your claim sounds more like an exaggeration of a match where one team that had heals and guard farmed one that didn't.

You do not accidentally take a memory editor to the game while it's running and put yourself exactly where you want to be on the map, totally bypassing pathetic limitations like running speed and the barriers in front of the spawn.

That one should be 30 days once, perma twice, if not insta-perma.

If they're playing stupid games with disconnects, I can see going easier on them, because those are plausibly accidental. Sometimes.

As for the other team one-shotting everyone...if that actually happened and isn't a gross exaggeration of what sounds like a typical balancing mismatch, than yes that was a hack but one that has not been seen before. Assuming you weren't exaggerating, where is the evidence of people being killed with a single attack ability? Without it your claim sounds more like an exaggeration of a match where one team that had heals and guard farmed one that didn't.

Actually I can see where a noob would think they are getting globalled, I ran into a few premades last night that effectively globalled me every time I popped out of respawn. But the reality is, it was 3 or 4 players alpha striking me right out of the gate without a healer at my back and a team that's off doing who knows what.

Some days you're the one that feasts, and others you're the main course. That's just the way of life in PvP.

Yes the OPs point about 50 kills vs 0 kills is naive and probably a perception problem... certainly not a hack issue

JeeZ** isn’t the only hacker in this game and there are a lot more than people can identify properly because they do not understand every class’s game mechanics or even map mechanics... so just because that hacker isn’t playing... doesn’t mean there aren’t others... there are... I’ve been tracking two in the last week ;)

Lastly, that point about a picture is pointless... everyone with half a brain knows you can’t post proof on this forum even if the hacker is blatantly guilty... all that happens is the poor sap who posts the proof is banned from the forums... :rolleyes:

Yeah ok, that speed hack is Predation/Transcendence:

You can quite easily run from grass to snow in that 10 seconds, with nearly double the movement speed.

There are also the map speed buff mechanics... You can literally use transcendence or speed run to get to the first speed buff in civil war and then speed all the way to the enemy node and interrupt before they can finish the cap... in some cases I’ve gotten to the node before them because they’ve been slow out of the gate or not paying attention...

Same goes in hypergates if you wait in the tunnel between explosions and then use the tunnel speed buff to run to the enemy node and cap before they’ve bothered to run there...

I can understand how those can all look like hacks to a novice or someone not paying attention... most of the time people call hacks... it is a misunderstanding of the situation, abilities or mechanics...

The best way to combat those false calls is to educate people like you have :D

There are also the map speed buff mechanics... You can literally use transcendence or speed run to get to the first speed buff in civil war and then speed all the way to the enemy node and interrupt before they can finish the cap... in some cases I’ve gotten to the node before them because they’ve been slow out of the gate or not paying attention...

Same goes in hypergates if you wait in the tunnel between explosions and then use the tunnel speed buff to run to the enemy node and cap before they’ve bothered to run there...

I can understand how those can all look like hacks to a novice or someone not paying attention... most of the time people call hacks... it is a misunderstanding of the situation, abilities or mechanics...

The best way to combat those false calls is to educate people like you have :D

And maybe they'll start using the abilities themselves as well... sort of frustrating being on a team with sentinels and not once getting transcendence the entire match, even out of the gate. :(

And maybe they'll start using the abilities themselves as well... sort of frustrating being on a team with sentinels and not once getting transcendence the entire match, even out of the gate. :(

I pop mine every 30secs unless I’m hunting a sin, op or Sorc... and then I time it... but even then it’s at least once every 40-45secs

I pop mine every 30secs unless I’m hunting a sin, op or Sorc... and then I time it... but even then it’s at least once every 40-45secs

yup, pop it just before the gate drops to give everyone a boost and then as often as it is available after that

Got a huttball last night and sure enough the sentinel on our team didn't use Transcedence, so I got to watch as the other team grabbed the ball and set up for pass before most of my team even hit the top of the ramp.

Got a huttball last night and sure enough the sentinel on our team didn't use Transcedence, so I got to watch as the other team grabbed the ball and set up for pass before most of my team even hit the top of the ramp.

/face palm...

What annoys me is if we have 3 Sents/Mara’s on the team and I say I’ll pop it first and we can do it in succession so we have continuous speed... and I’m the only one using it all match... or they all pop it at the same time as I do instead of waiting...

Then other times I wait thinking they’ll pop it and I’ll wait and mine pop after... only they don’t pop it... 🤨