When will the character transfers be available?

EvilHarlequin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see no personal insults and if you think saying " not smart enough " was an insult you need to go out a lot more.

You're basically saying the people that are asking for free transfers weren't smart enough to make the transfers prior to the merger... and that's not an insult? And what does going out a lot more have to do with anything? How do you know what I do or don't do? And is NOT going out some kind of insult? Isn't that kind of garbage meant to hurt someone so they back down and don't challenge your opinion?

Yes, yes you're right. I don't go out enough therefore your opinion is much stronger than mine. :rolleyes: End sarcasm.

Rather than attacking others, we should focus on clarifying our end of the story. He wanted to know why people want/need transfers NOW. I just went out of my way to explain it.

I kind of sort of agree with a "free transfer" period, but not for an entire week. At the same time, I paid for two 2400 CC cards for transfer to the EU server and back, so... bleh

Rather than attacking others, we should focus on clarifying our end of the story. He wanted to know why people want/need transfers NOW. I just went out of my way to explain it.

I kind of sort of agree with a "free transfer" period, but not for an entire week. At the same time, I paid for two 2400 CC cards for transfer to the EU server and back, so... bleh

I don't care if they're not free. I'm willing to pay a little fee. I think the 90cc was fair but then the name change CC charge didn't fit.

I'm sorry but I am of the opinion that Bioware needs to allow us to transfer some of our characters to other servers for free this time. I have almost 60 characters on one server and I did not ask for them to do this and I will not be paying them to move 30 characters to the other US server. You want me to move them you give me transfers for free. Or I will leave them were they are. Edited by Fallensouls

I don't care if they're not free. I'm willing to pay a little fee. I think the 90cc was fair but then the name change CC charge didn't fit.

You do realize they won't be 90cc anymore right? They're likely to go back to their original 1000cc price.

But again, without really knowing their situation, how can you criticize?

Because the transfer shutdown was announced well in advance. That should have been a motivator to get any transfers you wanted done before that. And we don't need to know his personal situation.. We're all in the same boat. His situation doesn't make him any more special than the rest of us.

Because the transfer shutdown was announced well in advance. That should have been a motivator to get any transfers you wanted done before that. And we don't need to know his personal situation.. We're all in the same boat. His situation doesn't make him any more special than the rest of us.

You don't understand what situations come about after the merges, that is really prominent. Others get ideas during/after the merge. If I knew I was going to do what I currently plan BEFORE the merges, I would have had it done. But I did not. How is it fair to apply that logic to someone like that?

You don't understand what situations come about after the merges, that is really prominent. Others get ideas during/after the merge. If I knew I was going to do what I currently plan BEFORE the merges, I would have had it done. But I did not. How is it fair to apply that logic to someone like that?

So, don't make solid plans until after the transfers are back up. I get that things happen and you had some great idea. But you never know what will happen until they give a date (if they can even stick to that!).

It's only been a week. They just did a MAJOR move. Give them time to work out the kinks and fix whatever problems people are having first.

Doesn't matter. Everyone is in the same situation now. All you can do is wait like everyone else. Besides, I was mostly speaking to the guy gaming the system while transfers were cheap taking umbrage over a perceived insult. It's always the shady ones that are quick to cry foul.

I'm sorry but I am of the opinion that Bioware needs to allow us to transfer some of our characters to other servers for free this time. I have almost 60 characters on one server and I did not ask for them to do this and I will not be paying them to move 30 characters to the other US server. You want me to move them you give me transfers for free. Or I will leave them were they are.

Nobody is stopping you from leaving them where they are.

Feel free to do so.

Personally I think server transfers need to wait a while yet. The mergers are about a week old and the servers are still suffering from the need for optimization. The servers need to be stabilized before you potentially bring in a large influx of characters. The people running the hardware need a stable population to do that and shifting characters around right now would make that difficult. Right now there is a practical Civil War going on in the forums and some of that is bleeding over into the game. Allowing transfers right now would just lead to people using them to act out their frustrations in the game.

Doesn't matter. Everyone is in the same situation now. All you can do is wait like everyone else. Besides, I was mostly speaking to the guy gaming the system while transfers were cheap taking umbrage over a perceived insult. It's always the shady ones that are quick to cry foul.

"Gaming the system while transfers were cheap?" Is that suppose to be a something negative? Had nothing to do with cheap or not. How do you know what I'm willing to pay. How do you know what the proper price should be?

And yes, cause only your perceived world matters. Everybody else's opinion doesn't (end sarcasm).

Insults and criticisms are different. So what you're saying is if I say you're not smart that's a criticism... Do you know what a critic is? You need some kind of justification for what you're criticizing. Anything else is not a real critic. Spewing baseless assumptions isn't criticism.

Fish got called out. Deal with it (are you the same poster/ different account?).

Besides, it's always the shady ones that have to educate everyone on what is right and wrong.. Oh, wait, calling you shady is a criticism not an insult. And people are shady because they want to use the transfers given to us by Bioware? Um.... huh? So is Bioware shady for offering the 90cc?

Edited by Zerileth

Star Forge was on Heavy Saturday night, I hope they don't turn the transfers on. Things are going well, people are getting along and we have the most populated server.

I say leave them off at least until next year or make the prices 2000CC per character so if people have to move a character they only move one. Everyone knew what server their characters were heading to and had the chance to move them long before the merge happened.

"Gaming the system while transfers were cheap?" Is that suppose to be a something negative? Had nothing to do with cheap or not. How do you know what I'm willing to pay. How do you know what the proper price should be?

And yes, cause only your perceived world matters. Everybody else's opinion doesn't (end sarcasm).

Insults and criticisms are different. So what you're saying is if I say you're not smart that's a criticism... Do you know what a critic is? You need some kind of justification for what you're criticizing. Anything else is not a real critic. Spewing baseless assumptions isn't criticism.

Fish got called out. Deal with it (are you the same poster/ different account?).

Besides, it's always the shady ones that have to educate everyone on what is right and wrong.. Oh, wait, calling you shady is a criticism not an insult. And people are shady because they want to use the transfers given to us by Bioware? Um.... huh? So is Bioware shady for offering the 90cc?

Wow. No you did not get insulted. You just feel that way, obviously, for whatever reason. It was a criticism for a lack of planning. Yes, you were gaming the system. Are you really going to pay 2000 cc round trip to buy that shiny on the GTN? But keep trying to defend your shadiness with more paragraphs. And, no, that's not an insult either.

Edited by kodrac

Star Forge was on Heavy Saturday night, I hope they don't turn the transfers on. Things are going well, people are getting along and we have the most populated server.

I say leave them off at least until next year or make the prices 2000CC per character so if people have to move a character they only move one. Everyone knew what server their characters were heading to and had the chance to move them long before the merge happened.

That's just rude. Why would you suggest jacking up the price?

People have all sorts of reasons for moving characters. When the servers are stable and issues resolved, there is no good reason for BW not to turn them back on.