Do I get a day of credit for not being able to play today?

TimOCeallaigh

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get my money back one way or another. There is a dollar amount placed on CS. And come 9am eastern I will cost them more then I spent

But you'll not have gotten anything back; not your money, not your game time. You might get something - revenge maybe? But that is not something you lost.

Plus, if CS sees this post, you can be shut down as soon as you identify yourself to them..

The question is: did this guy play the game of life wrong?

He didn't want a pet or a shiny set of armor, he wanted game time. He was looking to get the most play time for his money. If he did exactly what he said he did, did he play the game of life wrong?

So far, it's looking like a resounding "no, anyone who did that played life correctly." If BW actually does bother going through and giving everyone a free day, it's more like "Anyone who did that played wrong."

He didn't want a pet or a shiny set of armor, he wanted game time. He was looking to get the most play time for his money. If he did exactly what he said he did, did he play the game of life wrong?

So far, it's looking like a resounding "no, anyone who did that played life correctly." If BW actually does bother going through and giving everyone a free day, it's more like "Anyone who did that played wrong."

Only if he didn't care about his character names. if he did, he'll probably be pretty bummed when he logs in (since every sub is higher priority than F2P).

If he only cares about playing time, then he's fine.

In my state it only $40 to make a claim in the lower courts. If I win my dispute with the case, the defendant has to pay the court costs. Personally, in the end it costs me nothing, but SWTOR has to pay someone to go and present a defense. AND PAY court costs.

Thanks.

A former customer.

Just for curiosity's sake, can you post some (heck, even one) cases of precedent in your state where the court took on a case for $0.50? Please provide the stenographer's recordings, because I want to see how many convulsions and explosions of mirth occurred as the plaintiff was laughed out of the room.

If a day of not beeing able to play a specific computergame (you can always play something else if you need the relief) causes one to act up like that, one might wonder if there is any actual life to speak of. The word 'obsessed' springs to mind.

Also, it has been explained over and over that the 12 hours was the lowest estimate and by no means a promise. Combined with the fact that we all agreed that playtime can be paused for any reason at any time neither OP nor the reddit-case nor anyone else has a leg to stand on.

I mean..even my spaceship needs to be grounded from time to time for maintenance. I make use of that time to put on some fresh underwear (free idea for ye right there ;) )

From my perspective i see a buch of people doing their job well and probably even put in some overtime to get the job done a.s.a.p. That's hard working folks that earn respect, not the 'spoiled brat' type of disdain.

Edited by Baldrix
typo

I love this logic...

Since I sleep 1/3 of each day, have a job that takes 1/3 of each day, have to brush my teeth, eat, etc. for some amount of time, I demand that only pay BW 1/4 of the 24/7 subscription rate... BW should work like cell phone companies where it charges me for hours of gameplay and then applies a penalty if I go over my hours... Maybe buffer my exp if I earn it too fast, or disconnect me when I hit a limit per day or month...

If a day of not beeing able to play a specific computergame (you can always play something else if you need the relief) causes one to act up like that, one might wonder if there is any actual life to speak of. The word 'obsessed' springs to mind.

Also, it has been explained over and over that the 12 hours was the lowest estimate and by no means a promise. Combined with the fact that we all agreed that playtime can be paused for any reason at any time neither OP nor the reddit-case nor anyone else has a leg to stand on.

I mean..even my spaceship needs to be grounded from time to time for maintenance. I make use of that time to put on some fresh underwear (free idea for ye right there ;) )

From my perspective i see a buch of people doing their job well and probably even put in some overtime to get the job done a.s.a.p. That's hard working folks that earn respect, not the 'spoiled brat' type of disdain.

That's the operations side of the game. It's separate but obviously connected to the business side.

I don't see anyone complaining about how it all worked after it got put together, except maybe that United Forces achievements misbehaving for some people (not me).

As for you, you need to look this game in the eye, and see that it was designed specifically to be habit-forming, the same way its mechanical template (WoW) was. It was designed to make you want to log in and play. This thread's existence (and the Reddit thread) shows that this design is working entirely as intended, at least for some people. Its mechanics were built on FOMO and getting people into the habit of logging in and playing. So... when someone makes a thread like this one or a post showing the game's design is Working As Intended , their major life choices and/or mental health are in question.

Pot, kettle.

Computer games require servicing. Outages happen. You won't win against your ISP for an outage. You won't win against your electric company if a tree falls on a line. You can't take someone to court over 0.30 ******* cents for 18 hrs. Grow up.

This.

Your water, Internet, cell phone or electricity could go out because there's a problem or they need to service the line. It's highly unlikely you'll get reimbursed for that outage unless it's substantial - for instance if you lose electricity for several days - and even then it's not common.

If you join a health club that is open 24/7, they still might need to close down the club, or part of it, for cleaning or maintenance from time to time.

If you have a pass to a theme park it might be good 365 days a year but you might find they close the park due to bad weather, special events, etc. so you don't really have 365 days.

Life happens. Subscribing to the game doesn't mean they are guaranteeing 24/7, 365 access without any downtime for maintenance or resolving problems. And although this game is in fact very addictive, losing it for a day is not like losing food and water or something.

Guys we all pay just for the the permission to log in the server in a specific period of time.....

WE DON''T PAY FOR GAMETIME.

Reqad the Eula,it states clearly that the server can be put down ANYTIME EVEN WITHOUT announcement even for days with no rights of compensation in any form.

This kind of EULA exists since the first MMOG got live so i'm asking myself how some people can think they have any "rights" due to the loss of gametime....this is nonsense.

I made my money back today. I would sooner take a permanent ban before putting my ideals on the line. If every sub had a spine, maybe they would treat use better than the people that buy Cartel Coins.

Your ideals? What ideals? You don't have a leg to stand on here. BioWare VERY CLEARLY said they expected "AT LEAST" twelve hours of maintenance. They warned us all repeatedly before the merges to expect a very long maintenance. It is IN THEIR TERMS OF SERVICE that they have the right to pull the game for maintenance at any time, with or without a warning.

You will provide at your own expense the equipment, Internet connection and charges required to access and use EA Services.

[...]

We do not guarantee that any EA Service, Content or Entitlement will be available at all times, in all locations, or at any given time or that we will continue to offer a particular EA Service, Content or Entitlements for any particular length of time. EA does not guarantee that EA Services can be accessed on all devices, by means of a specific Internet or connection provider, or in all geographic locations.

From time to time, EA may update, change or modify an EA Service, Content or Entitlements, without notice to you. These updates and modifications may be required in order to continue to use EA Services.

You literally have nothing to go on.

He wants to burn his bridge here, that's up to him. It's kinda overkill when a simple unsub-uninstall-forget-for-a-few-months would have done well enough. Or maybe that's what he really did (or plans to do) and is trying to get everyone else to chargeback BW and eat permabans. Whatever. If he actually did chargeback BW and wants to play again in a few months, he'll learn a valuable life lesson about anger management. Hopefully.

No, they don't have to give us credit for the downtime. Yes, they can point at the ToS and correctly say we're not entitled to anything. It would, however, be nice of them, a concept apparently lost on some people.

Your ideals? What ideals? You don't have a leg to stand on here. BioWare VERY CLEARLY said they expected "AT LEAST" twelve hours of maintenance. They warned us all repeatedly before the merges to expect a very long maintenance. It is IN THEIR TERMS OF SERVICE that they have the right to pull the game for maintenance at any time, with or without a warning.

You literally have nothing to go on.

Their self given and llusionary "right" is something......but that's just thin air...nothing

Wow. I can't believe this guy trolled out 15 pages. GG! :rolleyes:

Most people are like this today....not a slight knowledge of the reality beside the reality they've given themselves.

And from the inside of their "reality" they complaim about "their right",which simply doesn't exist.

But do we have to wonder about it?

In times in which youtubers that barely reach the IQ of a piece of bread are "stars"?

I don't think so tim.....

Edited by Holanos

That's the operations side of the game. It's separate but obviously connected to the business side.

I don't see anyone complaining about how it all worked after it got put together, except maybe that United Forces achievements misbehaving for some people (not me).

As for you, you need to look this game in the eye, and see that it was designed specifically to be habit-forming, the same way its mechanical template (WoW) was. It was designed to make you want to log in and play. This thread's existence (and the Reddit thread) shows that this design is working entirely as intended, at least for some people. Its mechanics were built on FOMO and getting people into the habit of logging in and playing. So... when someone makes a thread like this one or a post showing the game's design is Working As Intended , their major life choices and/or mental health are in question.

Pot, kettle.

I have to rescedule my time often because something unexpected came up. I'm sure most people are familiar with that phenomenon. Can't imagine sueing people everytime life happens.

I'm sure OP's stance isn't all due to an alleged addiction, as you put it. His willingness to burn bridges and invest more money to retrieve the lost 25 cents (if it actually amounts to that much) tells me that. Posting about it on a Forum also says something about that.

Pot, kettle.

Meaning what exactly.. ?? :confused:

Let them sue me

Depending on what you are doing, a threat may end up in jail time for you, not always being sue but facing time behind bars and therefore having a record which you have to put on a job application, and for some jobs would stop you from being hired.

Depending on what you are doing, a threat may end up in jail time for you, not always being sue but facing time behind bars and therefore having a record which you have to put on a job application, and for some jobs would stop you from being hired.

I just had an image pop into my head:

Older man sitting behind a huge desk, holding a job application. "Your background investigation shows that you were arrested, and convicted of being a forum troll and threatening a video game company. What was that all about?"

OP: "They did a server merge maintenance and I didn't get to play for nearly 18 hours, and I wanted my 35 cents back for the time I wasn't able to play. So I threatened them if they didn't pay me back my 35 cents or give me an extra day of play for free."

Interviewer: "35 cents?"

OP: "Yes."

Interviewer: "Seriously? 35 cents? Not even the cost of a soda. You can't be serious."

OP: "Seriously. Yes. That is correct."

Interviewer: "Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! That's the best laugh I've had in years."

OP: "So do I get the job?"

Interviewer: "Son, you'd be lucky to find a job cleaning port-a-pots."

:D

I just had an image pop into my head:

Older man sitting behind a huge desk, holding a job application. "Your background investigation shows that you were arrested, and convicted of being a forum troll and threatening a video game company. What was that all about?"

OP: "They did a server merge maintenance and I didn't get to play for nearly 18 hours, and I wanted my 35 cents back for the time I wasn't able to play. So I threatened them if they didn't pay me back my 35 cents or give me an extra day of play for free."

Interviewer: "35 cents?"

OP: "Yes."

Interviewer: "Seriously? 35 cents? Not even the cost of a soda. You can't be serious."

OP: "Seriously. Yes. That is correct."

Interviewer: "Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! That's the best laugh I've had in years."

OP: "So do I get the job?"

Interviewer: "Son, you'd be lucky to find a job cleaning port-a-pots."

:D

Luckily these kind of "background information" is not possible in my country :-)

Maybe in us but not in a democratic country..... :-)

Edited by Holanos

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.