Orange Item Schematics

DoomFrog

I was wondering if anyone can confirm where you get the schematics for Orange items.

There was a post during beta that said they would come from Underworld Trading. But since it was after my last beta weekend I was never able to confirm it.

Underworld Trading is the ONLY place to get the "Orange" type gear.

Hiya!

Here's the link to the thread about Item Modification and orange schematics.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/some-clarifications-item-modifications

They can be found in Underworld Trading and RE of existing items.

Cheers!

~R~

Man great link. That was an interesting read. I was a full time tester but didn't have time to do much of the later testing. Just did it in the early phases. I'm really glad to see the changes they made to the mod system. I liked it, but thought it could be a lot better. Now it is a lot better from the sounds of it.

Edited by AndiusTheGreat

We might want to get some clarification on that developer post in regards to the orange, moddable items.

Taking a closer look at that post, it seems the direction they want to take with the orange items is that we can use them through a character's leveling cycle up to the point of raiding. I've gotten very little sleep today, so I might have misread the intention that was stated.

If the case is that a level 10 orange item can be used for as a slightly less effective alternative to end content raiding drops, the one big problem I see is that the armor value on the moddable items does not seem to scale. I was hoping that maybe there was some sort of hidden armor value on the mods/enhancements that would up an item's armor rating, but this is not the case. I suppose one could argue that a dps/healer probably has little need for armor in a raid setting, but this would completely bone all the tanks out there.

Second, the ability to take mods/enhancements out of orange items doesn't seem to be any different than the moddable blue drops/quest rewards. Again, I've had very little sleep so my memory is not the most reliable at the moment. I could swear that some of my blue Black Talon items turned orange after I removed/changed the mods/enhancements that originally came with the pieces. This is something I'll be testing out the next time I play. In any case, wouldn't the orange items be more special than the blue items if replacing mods didn't have a cost to them as opposed to leaving blue items having a cost?

In any case, I'm sleep deprived and tired which is just leading to even more confusion on my part as to what exactly the purpose of the orange, moddable items really are if they are really no different than the blue items in terms of replacing modifications and stack a huge armor penalty due to the armor not scaling with the level of mods being placed in them. It's a really perplexing system that is either not fleshed out completely or certain aspects of the orange items were overlooked and need to be readdressed in the future.

We might want to get some clarification on that developer post in regards to the orange, moddable items.

Taking a closer look at that post, it seems the direction they want to take with the orange items is that we can use them through a character's leveling cycle up to the point of raiding. I've gotten very little sleep today, so I might have misread the intention that was stated.

If the case is that a level 10 orange item can be used for as a slightly less effective alternative to end content raiding drops, the one big problem I see is that the armor value on the moddable items does not seem to scale. I was hoping that maybe there was some sort of hidden armor value on the mods/enhancements that would up an item's armor rating, but this is not the case. I suppose one could argue that a dps/healer probably has little need for armor in a raid setting, but this would completely bone all the tanks out there.

Second, the ability to take mods/enhancements out of orange items doesn't seem to be any different than the moddable blue drops/quest rewards. Again, I've had very little sleep so my memory is not the most reliable at the moment. I could swear that some of my blue Black Talon items turned orange after I removed/changed the mods/enhancements that originally came with the pieces. This is something I'll be testing out the next time I play. In any case, wouldn't the orange items be more special than the blue items if replacing mods didn't have a cost to them as opposed to leaving blue items having a cost?

In any case, I'm sleep deprived and tired which is just leading to even more confusion on my part as to what exactly the purpose of the orange, moddable items really are if they are really no different than the blue items in terms of replacing modifications and stack a huge armor penalty due to the armor not scaling with the level of mods being placed in them. It's a really perplexing system that is either not fleshed out completely or certain aspects of the orange items were overlooked and need to be readdressed in the future.

from what i recall, armor/damage values for armor's/weapons of orange gear update according to the basic mod that you insert.

the post does indeed seem like they are pointing out that for pve the top gear will be raid drops and non-moddable (at least the major mod), but i think they have hinted that there may be mod drops from raid bosses, possibly making orange gear with raid drop mobs equivalent to pure raid gear.

from what i recall, armor/damage values for armor's/weapons of orange gear update according to the basic mod that you insert.

the post does indeed seem like they are pointing out that for pve the top gear will be raid drops and non-moddable (at least the major mod), but i think they have hinted that there may be mod drops from raid bosses, possibly making orange gear with raid drop mobs equivalent to pure raid gear.

Here's hoping they go through with that concept, because I want to look like a Jedi Knight instead of some Space Samurai or Power Ranger at level 50.

On the part of crafting, I have yet to get me an orange schematic. I'll trade with the underworld a bit more today and hope for the best :p

This is the case. Your armor plating, hilt, and blaster barrel modify the damage/armor of the item. So the most important one to have at highest possible level are those.

Armor: Plating

Lightsaber: Hilt

Blaster: Barrel

Keep that in mind as you improve the mods on your gear.

This is the case. Your armor plating, hilt, and blaster barrel modify the damage/armor of the item. So the most important one to have at highest possible level are those.

Armor: Plating

Lightsaber: Hilt

Blaster: Barrel

Keep that in mind as you improve the mods on your gear.

This is good to hear, i thought about this question last night when i came across a quest offering me a better Moddable item that looked the same, or a commendation, The base stats were better, but now that i know i can just mod up to increase the base stats like armor, that makes everything more clear.

This is good to hear, i thought about this question last night when i came across a quest offering me a better Moddable item that looked the same, or a commendation, The base stats were better, but now that i know i can just mod up to increase the base stats like armor, that makes everything more clear.

Yeah, during beta I tested out 2 orange assault cannons. One came from the bag you get when choosing my AC and the other I bought for 14 commendations. After taking out all the mods on both items; the base stats on both assault cannons were exactly the same.

:)

The only thing that might make moddable items useless at end game raiding is lack of set piece bonuses, unless the devs do something different.

Other than that, as long as you have good item mods in the peice, it will be useful.

My understanding is that in raids both fixed purple items as well as bare purple mods will drop, to satisfy people preferring either way of gearing up.

Heya!

Nice to see people talking about this.

As far as RE bringing orange items, I was in the last beta weekend and RE'd two orange items after a TON of RE of the items. I had gotten all purple versions before I got the orange. It may have been a fluke or a bug but i do know that it happened. (I was so happy too because it was my favourite chest piece and pants!)

I also had a few orange items drop on me as well as mission rewards. Also I bought two orange lightsabers from the Commendation Vendor on Coruscant which I loved. So they're out there and not all that hard to get.

I did mod up my oranges to BETTER than was I was able to craft or buy. To be honest, I was mowing through mobs! I love the orange items and the flexibility it's going to bring for the look of my character. :D

Cheers!

~R~

My understanding is that in raids both fixed purple items as well as bare purple mods will drop, to satisfy people preferring either way of gearing up.

Heya!

You guys do know that some purples do drop with multi stats? Including +absorbtion or +alacrity and such like. I did see a few in the vendor on Taris with multi stats, which was pretty kewl. :)

Cheers!

~R~

can you RE orange items to get the plans for orange items?

Heyla!

Honestly, I didn't try. *laugh* But from what I understand you can only get schematics from Underworld Trading and RE of a regular item.

I could be wrong though. :D

Cheers!

~R~

Underworld Trading is the ONLY place to get the "Orange" type gear.

According to Torhead, Underworld Trading doesn't seem to produce Custom (Orange) schematics. Are you 100% sure this is the case?

I know that Investigation produces schematics, but it seems they are only Prototype (Blue) quality.

Any confirmed information (screen shots would be lovely) would be greatly appreciated!