Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What games will you be playing during the extended downtime for the merge?

xordevoreaux

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'll be at work all day for most of the maintenance, but when I come home, I expect the game to still be down, and even if it isn't, I may stay out for 24 hrs or so to let things settle. Chances are something major will be broken and it might be safest to not even log in until it's fixed.

I'm not even saying that with cynicism I swear, it just a wise expectation to have.

So wed night? I may be in LOTRO (where after much research I think I now qualify for a PhD in "imbuement" - good gracious is that system complicated!) or Dragon Age Inquisition. DON'T spoiler the ending people, because I haven't gotten there yet and have been doing a decent job keeping out of any big reveals.

Well, I'll be at work all day for most of the maintenance, but when I come home, I expect the game to still be down, and even if it isn't, I may stay out for 24 hrs or so to let things settle. Chances are something major will be broken and it might be safest to not even log in until it's fixed.

I'm not even saying that with cynicism I swear, it just a wise expectation to have.

So wed night? I may be in LOTRO (where after much research I think I now qualify for a PhD in "imbuement" - good gracious is that system complicated!) or Dragon Age Inquisition. DON'T spoiler the ending people, because I haven't gotten there yet and have been doing a decent job keeping out of any big reveals.

When you are forced to change your name it might be better to get in right away to choose a new name. 24 hours later you name will need to have numbers: CloudCastle3429704109738 :p

- Destiny 2 (weeklys with friends including the next raid).

- ESO (Ive played it since launch, always nice to jump back in every now and then)

- Space engineers (Because me and my friends are building an enormous base for lulz)

- Might fire up the force unleashed again if I feel like I need a SW fix while im not playing.

Probably more actually I have way too many games over 150 haha so idk what else i would play.

Turns out I am taking the day off for other reasons, so, um, I dunno? I got almost 300 games in my steam library and have played a small fraction of them, I could go back to D3, or try and get into Starcraft again, or see what I've got in my GoG library...

When you are forced to change your name it might be better to get in right away to choose a new name. 24 hours later you name will need to have numbers: CloudCastle3429704109738 :p

Yeah, that's a good point. At least log on just to get all your names picked. I'm hoping I won't lose any though. So far all the names taken on other servers are of characters under level cap, so I hope that means that they most likely have lower played times then mine anyway.

Working.

Then probably ESO, then log into tor when it comes up check which names I've saved and then discover that the server merger hasn't made this a new experience form today and be disappointed that server mergers haven't been a magic fix for the last year and all its achieved is losing west coast players.

Blizzard announced they're going to be doing vanilla WoW servers - I think they said that at BlizzCon? At any rate, I hate WoW. The art-style just makes me go "bleh" and I just could never get into the lore/story/whatever. The only reason I played it for a year was for friends.

I'll be at work for most of the day. Servers may still be down when I get home and if so then maybe DAI as I just recently started a human female playthrough just so Solas could NOT break my heart again. Or maybe something with my friends. Not sure.

Blizzard is thinking about doing their own vanilla server? I was not aware of that, thank you. Not that I would engage it, but if true then I stand corrected in my discussion with @CKNORTH.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.