Thanks! My ping improved! No lag spikes.

SaerethDL

Thanks for moving the servers to east coast even though i live in the middle of the country my ping improved by about 20-30 ms.. it was 70 ms, now its 30-40 ms. Nice! surprise and no lag spikes. Please remove both US servers all together and just make one big server now. thanks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for moving the servers to east coast even though i live in the middle of the country my ping improved by about 20-30 ms.. it was 70 ms, now its 30-40 ms. Nice! surprise and no lag spikes. Please remove both US servers all together and just make one big server now. thanks

Must be nice to be on the east coast and close to where they put the servers or even in the EA office.

White knights and their funny posts just make me laugh. Do you think they get paid over time during crisis’s like this.

Reading is fundamental.

Careful she’s a bear no need to poke her to see how mad she is. She’s angry because being from Aussieland her play has become very much worse, this “white knight” post is simply being made to make fun of her and her fellow APAC people’s situation. Its rather unfortunate the “white knight” thought it was needed.

What, and you think white knights tell the truth or even play the game?

Listen, I've already personally said that I have sympathy for what AUS players are going through. I sincerely do.. But all of this ranting and raving on the forums doesn't do anybody any good. All you do is get yourself worked up into a frenzy and lose your logical thought.

I get that your ticked off, I wouldn't play a game with a 400 ms ping either. But at this point it has been a 'DAY' since the change was made. I'm adult enough to give them the opportunity to try and make things better.

Why don't you make a post with pre/post server change pingpath charts. Show them how your play is going to be impacted with facts, not emotion.

Hysteria on the forums is only good for one thing, driving up your blood pressure.

Peace.

Careful she’s a bear no need to poke her to see how mad she is. She’s angry because being from Aussieland her play has become very much worse, this “white knight” post is simply being made to make fun of her and her fellow APAC people’s situation. Its rather unfortunate the “white knight” thought it was needed.

GRRRRRRaaarrr. LoL.

Look out, momma drop bear on the loose.

I blew a fuse and all the red lava shot out the back of my head. ;)

Dang! You must be a riot at parties! :cool:

Also, I feel bad about what you're going through. Mostly because of selfish reasons that us EU players could share the same fate once they decide to just go haywire with a single megaserver located on the East Coast. But I understand.

Dang! You must be a riot at parties! :cool:

Also, I feel bad about what you're going through. Mostly because of selfish reasons that us EU players could share the same fate once they decide to just go haywire with a single megaserver located on the East Coast. But I understand.

That’s cause I’m hot, lol. I bring the red lava shots

But sadly I feel you are right about the EU. The writings on the wall.

Meh, I can sorta get it. For me personally it's an improvement as well, but while I've called out someone on the west coast for claiming that playing on the east coast would somehow be impossible, I don't really see the point in making a thread like this, when all it does is antagonize people that have a legitimate complaint.

You can look at it many ways, you can justify the decision itself, but this whole "oh yeah, btw, you're moved somewhere else now" approach was absolutely ridiculous, especially after transfers had been disabled.

I can't judge how many players will be genuinely affected to an extent that it will really harm their gameplay experience, how big an impact this has on the population as a whole, but why purposefully antagonize people? That's the only thing that this OP is useful for.

That’s cause I’m hot, lol. I bring the red lava shots

But sadly I feel you are right about the EU. The writings on the wall.

You know it sucks, i agree with you but we can't just cry about it. You know why this happened?Blame it on EA and Bioware but don't forget to blame it on your friends and people in APAC for not playing the game or investing in the game.. I'm going to assume here a reason to drop those servers was because of low population and return on investment. It's sad, and it sucks, but it's a part of life.. I mean there are some mmo's I can't even play at all because they are region locked.. at least you're not region locked. Look at the bright side of things. If i can get top kills on quake 1 on my dial up 28.8k modem, you can get kills in ranked too.

“white knight” post is simply being made to make fun of her and her fellow APAC people’s situation. Its rather unfortunate the “white knight” thought it was needed.

Unless this "white knight" is legit & indeed grateful they have better play time. Just because others are unhappy with the changes doesn't mean all have to be. That's just sheer stupidity.

Some play groups are going to have better pings, others worse. Just because the vocal ones on the forums today are the ones with worse pings, doesn't mean those getting better are making fun of them when posting a thanks. It doesn't work like that.

you can get kills in ranked too.

Except they don't play ranked. In fact they rarely step foot in a level 70 WZ per their own admission. They stay in low level warzones all the time.

I get that your ticked off, I wouldn't play a game with a 400 ms ping either. But at this point it has been a 'DAY' since the change was made. I'm adult enough to give them the opportunity to try and make things better.

If they could magically change anything, they would have done so long ago when the APAC region was first forced onto the now deceased west coast servers. Our only hope is to turn this into a PR nightmare, and hope they will reverse this decision.

If they could magically change anything, they would have done so long ago when the APAC region was first forced onto the now deceased west coast servers. Our only hope is to turn this into a PR nightmare, and hope they will reverse this decision.

And when has that worked except when political correctness came into play?? (See "Hot Prospect" on that.)

How naïve!

If they were going to put all the servers in the same place it should have been central, in which case your ping would have dropped to 20.

Yet you are celebrating.

Plus, if this improved your ping it means you were always on the wrong servers.

Slick moves :p

You know it sucks, i agree with you but we can't just cry about it. You know why this happened?Blame it on EA and Bioware but don't forget to blame it on your friends and people in APAC for not playing the game or investing in the game.. I'm going to assume here a reason to drop those servers was because of low population and return on investment. It's sad, and it sucks, but it's a part of life.. I mean there are some mmo's I can't even play at all because they are region locked.. at least you're not region locked. Look at the bright side of things. If i can get top kills on quake 1 on my dial up 28.8k modem, you can get kills in ranked too.

You’re priceless 😂😂😂

Blame the APAC players for not playing, bahahaha. Bioware drove them away when they closed APAC servers even though they didn’t need to. And now they are doing it again.

No one is to blame except Bioware and EA.

Of course getting kills in quake 1 on a dial up modem is the same as playing ranked pvp 🙄. I wish I was able to get what you’re on because the world would be all white and fluffy. Maybe I could even get myself a white pony.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

How naïve!

If they were going to put all the servers in the same place it should have been central, in which case your ping would have dropped to 20.

Yet you are celebrating.

Plus, if this improved your ping it means you were always on the wrong servers.

Slick moves :p

Yeah that'd be cool, but I'm happy either way, never was one to complain about ping. I was on the west coast server because that's where my guild wanted to go was Drooga's Pleasure Barge, and I was merged to Harbinger. I also had some characters on east coast and didn't notice a better ping. But nice assumptions :D

They will update their resumes, call this all a success and get new jobs.

You’re priceless 😂😂😂

Blame the APAC players for not playing, bahahaha. Bioware drove them away when they closed APAC servers even though they didn’t need to. And now they are doing it again.

No one is to blame except Bioware and EA.

Of course getting kills in quake 1 on a dial up modem is the same as playing ranked pvp 🙄. I wish I was able to get what you’re on because the world would be all white and fluffy. Maybe I could even get myself a white pony.

:rolleyes: Bioware wouldn't close anything down that was profitable.. Business 101. They where losing money on APAC servers because of the reasons I stated.. YALL DIDNT PLAY! YALL DIDN'T INVEST! Why would bioware keep something going that isn't making them money? and you know, when swtor stops making them profit, it will be shut down to go right with it! Quake 1 on dial up required a lot more skill than playing ranked with a high ping, I understand you didn't grasp that concept? No need to insult people and say they're "on something". That is pretty rude and will get you an infraction point on these forums so be careful ;)

:rolleyes: Bioware wouldn't close anything down that was profitable.. Business 101. They where losing money on APAC servers because of the reasons I stated.. YALL DIDNT PLAY! YALL DIDN'T INVEST! Why would bioware keep something going that isn't making them money? and you know, when swtor stops making them profit, it will be shut down to go right with it! Quake 1 on dial up required a lot more skill than playing ranked with a high ping, I understand you didn't grasp that concept? No need to insult people and say they're "on something". That is pretty rude and will get you an infraction point on these forums so be careful ;)

Oh, babe, you have no idea. I don’t know what’s more sad, that you are posting this stuff or that you might actually believe it.