Exciting changes for character creation and appearance.

ThrakhathSpawn

I was thinking this morning, why not attempt to bring all the fun and excitement of Galactic Command to character creation and appearance designer?

In this new version, instead of needing to pick out your faction, class, race, sex, and appearance, you just hit create character. All of these are randomly picked for you! As soon as you create a character, it is off to the loading screen of whichever starting planet your randomly assigned class has the beginning story.

I think this would make character creation a lot of fun, it would be exciting. Imagine the possibilities of what you might get when make it through the load screen! If you didn't like your randomly generated creation, you can go through the fun of logging out, deleting it; and having the anticipation of another random set of character options after making it through the load screens!

You could also buy character creation boosts, these last for a period of time, and have your character load into a smaller instances for faster load time should you want to create/delete faster.

For appearance designer, you can only buy random changes. If you don't like your new random appearance, just buy another random change. Each time you decide you want to scrap your existing randomized look for a new randomized look; you get one un-assembled appearance component. These would be used to make actual choices in your appearance, or change race. They would cost the same as the existing choice system cartel coin increments. After 600 random changes you can pick your race, and everything about the character. Or 60 random changes that you scrapped let you pick a hairstyle, etc....

I can't wait for a system like this to roll out. What would be even better is to randomize the appearance of everyone on the server; so we all get to participate in this new exciting change!

Edited by ThrakhathSpawn

When you create a new character it does exactly that. It has random things preselected and you can already see the result before you enter a name and play.

Your suggestion makes zero sense to me.

I really hope this is some attempt at sarcasm but I'm not sure why.

Edited by Tsillah

When you create a new character it does exactly that. It has random things preselected and you can already see the result before you enter a name and play.

Your suggestion makes zero sense to me.

I really hope this is some attempt at sarcasm but I'm not sure why.

This would change it to where you go straight to a created character with these random choices. The anticipation of what you might get would be thrilling.

In addition, we could make a rare random chance that your character gets created with cartel market options. This would open these options up for everyone. Just like galactic command equalized cosmetics and gear inventory gains for everyone.

I was thinking this morning, why not attempt to bring all the fun and excitement of Galactic Command to character creation and appearance designer?

In this new version, instead of needing to pick out your faction, class, race, sex, and appearance, you just hit create character. All of these are randomly picked for you! As soon as you create a character, it is off to the loading screen of whichever starting planet your randomly assigned class has the beginning story.

I think this would make character creation a lot of fun, it would be exciting. Imagine the possibilities of what you might get when make it through the load screen! If you didn't like your randomly generated creation, you can go through the fun of logging out, deleting it; and having the anticipation of another random set of character options after making it through the load screens!

You could also buy character creation boosts, these last for a period of time, and have your character load into a smaller instances for faster load time should you want to create/delete faster.

For appearance designer, you can only buy random changes. If you don't like your new random appearance, just buy another random change. Each time you decide you want to scrap your existing randomized look for a new randomized look; you get one un-assembled appearance component. These would be used to make actual choices in your appearance, or change race. They would cost the same as the existing choice system cartel coin increments. After 600 random changes you can pick your race, and everything about the character. Or 60 random changes that you scrapped let you pick a hairstyle, etc....

I can't wait for a system like this to roll out. What would be even better is to randomize the appearance of everyone on the server; so we all get to participate in this new exciting change!

Hilarious post

Too bad they actually thought this was a good idea for gearing lmao this game would be in a much better place if they just worked on content instead of cheap treadmill tactics.

This would change it to where you go straight to a created character with these random choices. The anticipation of what you might get would be thrilling.

In addition, we could make a rare random chance that your character gets created with cartel market options. This would open these options up for everyone. Just like galactic command equalized cosmetics and gear inventory gains for everyone.

Yes, well I think that we've been very clear already on the benefits of GC to BW so this is a rather superfluous attempt and almost a year too late.

I am at least grateful that it was not intended as a serious suggestion because sadly that's not a given here.

This is a sarcastic post. It has to be.

I thought of another one last night.

What about costume designer? Right now it is too quick and boring. You just select items for the different slots, hit commit and pay a credit fee.

If we want to make this more exciting, and bring in a thrill of the chase; I have some proposed changes.

The new system randomly pulls from anything available in collections, legacy gear(including that on alts/companions/storage), and anything bound to character. You get an exciting animation where your character is covered in a smoke, there is a shaking, and poof, the smoke clears and here is your new random costume! This would be far less boring, and far more exciting.

Imagine the hours that could be spent chasing after that perfect costume design! Instead of seconds of play-ability, you could spend hours.

Of course, each time you undo a costume set, you get unassembled costume shards. These can be turned in for costume slot components that allow you to pick out a particular piece for a particular costume slot. These would also drop from PVP.

An even more exciting change, is to continue the increased repair costs brought on by legendary gear being the new standard. Costumes would also need repair, or else they would disintegrate to being empty in that slot if not repaired before they went to 0%. This would give us a new way of spending credits!

I think this was a troll post, but...it kind of hurt my head to read.

No, if we're still here a year after GC launched, that means we love it. Otherwise we would of left for other games.

I must admit, reading about Galactic Command last year also hurt my head, but I eventually understood it. Supposedly the perfect original even got improved, and is getting a few more improvements even in the next month. I incorporated these improvements into my original post as well as I can; in addition to the perfect original.