Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Maintenance: October 24th, 2017

EricMusco

Weird hours? Now they always have maintenance during their night... That are normal work hours for Americans? Learned something new here today... :D

It doesn't matter.

You have every right to complain, I just don't see what the big deal is.

Anyway, G'day.

I understand Biomild's point. If like me you played WoW for many years, you will have been spoiled by their ability to run maintenance at different (and therefore more player convenient), times for European and American servers (and any other places around the world where they offered servers). SWTOR is a much smaller game worldwide, so they are not going to put in the resources to offer convenient maintenance times for all of us; they are going to pander to their own first, same as with cinema & TV shows - American audiences matter first. I expect if BW was an EU company we'd be pretty happy. Hearthstone (also a Blizzard game) iirc altered their Weds reset times to benefit prime time US players which put a lot of EU and the rest of the world out but it doesn't stop me playing.

Biomild - remember there is worse to come if you don't like downtime - the next update is going to be even longer so non-Americans will lose a day's sub to maintenance. I don't think I will be upset about £0.29 pence!!

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand Biomild's point. If like me you played WoW for many years, you will have been spoiled by their ability to run maintenance at different (and therefore more player convenient), times for European and American servers (and any other places around the world where they offered servers). SWTOR is a much smaller game worldwide, so they are not going to put in the resources to offer convenient maintenance times for all of us

Not really. This game went live in 2011 with over 200 servers and 2 million. Even then they wouldn't do separate maintenance times so it's not about that.

I understand Biomild's point. If like me you played WoW for many years, you will have been spoiled by their ability to run maintenance at different (and therefore more player convenient), times for European and American servers (and any other places around the world where they offered servers). SWTOR is a much smaller game worldwide, so they are not going to put in the resources to offer convenient maintenance times for all of us; they are going to pander to their own first, same as with cinema & TV shows - American audiences matter first. I expect if BW was an EU company we'd be pretty happy. Hearthstone (also a Blizzard game) iirc altered their Weds reset times to benefit prime time US players which put a lot of EU and the rest of the world out but it doesn't stop me playing.

Biomild - remember there is worse to come if you don't like downtime - the next update is going to be even longer so non-Americans will lose a day's sub to maintenance. I don't think I will be upset about £0.29 pence!!

Yeah, the way WoW was handled was indeed nice. I understand that people want to play, but for me personally at least, I feel like I just can't complain anymore, I've had this in quite a few games I played so I guess I feel like I just can't get worked up about it.

And for the "it doesn't matter" part, I edited out something as I didn't want to go on and on into the conversation. :p So that wasn't related to his post.:)

Bioware please be careful during the maintenance today please, I suddenly got the feeling something will go terribly wrong with the hardware updates that will force you to do the server merges way ahead of time :eek:

That seems like a good thing.

Server mergers good. So Server mergers sooner better.

If you don't want server mergers your out of luck anyway and holding out for more 2 weeks before you enjoymant is curtailed by having to avoid world quests seems unlikely to result in happiness.

That seems like a good thing.

Server mergers good. So Server mergers sooner better.

If you don't want server mergers your out of luck anyway and holding out for more 2 weeks before you enjoymant is curtailed by having to avoid world quests seems unlikely to result in happiness.

Unplanned things hardly bear fruits!

Unplanned things hardly bear fruits!

Things going ahead of schedule and not delayed would be amazing if just for the novelty factor. I full expect that server mergers will be delayed, which is a fairly smart play. If you subscribed to keep your character name, if it looks to expire before the merger goes ahead you will have to subscribe again.

Things going ahead of schedule and not delayed would be amazing if just for the novelty factor. I full expect that server mergers will be delayed, which is a fairly smart play. If you subscribed to keep your character name, if it looks to expire before the merger goes ahead you will have to subscribe again.

While them being on time is great, I prefer delay over a game full with errors.

Hah, I knew I was right.:rak_03:

You were indeed. The UK is currently on BST which is GMT+1, so you need to add the +1 to adjust for summer time. Next weekend the UK and most of the western world changes back to winter time and then the UK will be on GMT again.

You were indeed. The UK is currently on BST which is GMT+1, so you need to add the +1 to adjust for summer time. Next weekend the UK and most of the western world changes back to winter time and then the UK will be on GMT again.

Well, this seems like an easy to understand post! Now we can all be less confused about time.:D:p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.