Please Increase/Remove Guild Member Cap With Merges

UlaVii

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, just looking through the first 5-6 pages, I am getting the feeling that many people don't know how to manage guilds or how the big guilds dominate. This isn't to say that I disagree with increasing the cap and basing it on legacy numbers, but...

It's called creating multiple guilds. Guilds like BBB (8 guilds), Ruin (untold), etc. have multiple guilds. How else was BBB able to win five planetary invasions in one week?

You hit your cap, create a second guild. Hit that cap? Create a third guild. THAT is what you do right now to get over the guild limit. If it is too much work to administer, then perhaps you shouldn't be that big of a guild.

I disagree and think people totally understand running large guilds. You run into burn out of the officers and GM of having too many guilds to manage and juggle characters. BBB management likely can't maintain that model without a very large officer pool and dedicated human resources tracking team members. Not saying it's impossible, but it does make it dramatically harder when a simple guild member cap increase would solve. Even changing the cap to be 1000 unique accounts might be a better approach and more likely easier to code change against.

So I came here more for input on how to make an active guild. I've just started a Guild with some friends on Star Forge and we all enjoy the game tremendously. I'm the acting Guild Leader and I wondered what methods you've all used to get bigger member bases. Like if there was anything recruitment wise you did special or different from the norm.

My thoughts are that asking for a general unlimited size of guilds is totally bs, ignorant and not even marginally thought through - it's bad for the game for several and obvious reasons.

A reasonable limit determined by accounts/legacies however, is not.

There is no sane reason to have a guild on a server larger than the current cap.

It is just bad for the game having stupidly large guilds that just dominate, you just end up having to join one to compete.

As per any other monopoly it kills things.

Do not raise the cap.

Multiple players have 20+ and even 40+ alts at the moment, I don't play all but I don't put them in my normal guilds cause there is a upper cap, it would be great if the guildcap was based on accounts and not characters to allow for multiple alts.

If they introduce x-faction like I'm hoping The Road Map is indicating it might be worth revisiting this.

However, I'd rather see them add an *Alliance and *War mechanic of some sort instead. Anyone that's played SWG kind of knows what I mean.

However, looking at the big guilds I have been in and the fact that a lot of them house butt loads of the same player's alts. I'm thinking 1,000 is still ok until something like x-faction guilds become a thing. I'm doubting they do, just saying that'd certainly be cause to revisit this.

There is no sane reason to have a guild on a server larger than the current cap.

Quite the opposite.

Imagine, 1000 cap means 100 persons can accommodate no more than 10 characters each, and if there are more ppl wishing to play together that amount becomes even more severe. There are more than 300 quite active members in my current guild, each night at about, let's say, 80 to 100 players log in, 50-60 online at the same time and when the expansions arrive there are 100+ active players online simultaneously.

The game is 5 years old, almost each of us own more that 10 one fraction character.

If the cap can't be raised at least it should be moved from the character to the legacy.

Edited by Txornisx

LOL, just looking through the first 5-6 pages, I am getting the feeling that many people don't know how to manage guilds or how the big guilds dominate. This isn't to say that I disagree with increasing the cap and basing it on legacy numbers, but...

It's called creating multiple guilds. Guilds like BBB (8 guilds), Ruin (untold), etc. have multiple guilds. How else was BBB able to win five planetary invasions in one week?

You hit your cap, create a second guild. Hit that cap? Create a third guild. THAT is what you do right now to get over the guild limit. If it is too much work to administer, then perhaps you shouldn't be that big of a guild.

As the person who did the main job of running those 8 guilds and "administering" it for the last 2 years - I'm sorry but I'm going to have to agree with those posting here. The guild size should be increased. I know exactly how much work running and uniting 8 guilds and 2 factions is... I did it. Night and day. For (almost) two years. And when I quit doing it, it quit getting done. BBB went from being 6 busy/full guilds + 2 alt guilds to being one IMP and one PUB guild really fast when there wasn't someone willing to commit to 40+ hours a week of running it.

It's too much work when there is a fairly simple solution available (requesting more member slots) and this is not an unreasonable request.

Edited by PennyAnn

So the rest of us that care more about the needs of our members than a row on a scoreboard should be denied because you fear your guild will collapse if your chances of winning conquest are reduced :rolleyes:

Ugh conquest conquest conquest. The number of guilds that frequently take the #1 spots is quite low. There are a lot more guilds that don't take the top conquest spots and they have not collapsed. They have active communities that enjoy playing together. Conquest is just an encouragement to do certain activities, it should not be the glue that holds a guild together.

The rest of the guilds should not be punished because a few have chosen to base their entire guild around conquest.

Actually, it could be argued that if they start basing the guild member cap on legacies, and people are allowed to have more of their alts in a guild, that it would INCREASE the ability of smaller guilds to compete in conquest.

Instead of having to round up as close to 1000 individuals as you can to achieve that goal, you can have those that enjoy conquest doing it on more of their characters earning more points for each guild. I have a TON of crafters, and during crafting week if I can have them all in a guild and cranking for that guild - I can represent as much as 20 or 30 million points on the board (because I've done it, and have screenshots to prove it!). Is that unfair? Nah... I took the time to both level those characters and their companions affections to that point, and I worked hard for that (not to mention it was very, very expensive!!).

Same principal can be applied to earning points in PvP, Operations, Base Guard raids, all of it. The more of your own characters you can have earning points for a guild, the better the chance of getting on the leader board and the better chance you have to compete against 1000 individuals with CQ fever... vs. a few hundred individuals with CQ fever and an army of alts!

Actually, it could be argued that if they start basing the guild member cap on legacies, and people are allowed to have more of their alts in a guild, that it would INCREASE the ability of smaller guilds to compete in conquest.

Instead of having to round up as close to 1000 individuals as you can to achieve that goal, you can have those that enjoy conquest doing it on more of their characters earning more points for each guild. I have a TON of crafters, and during crafting week if I can have them all in a guild and cranking for that guild - I can represent as much as 20 or 30 million points on the board (because I've done it, and have screenshots to prove it!). Is that unfair? Nah... I took the time to both level those characters and their companions affections to that point, and I worked hard for that (not to mention it was very, very expensive!!).

Same principal can be applied to earning points in PvP, Operations, Base Guard raids, all of it. The more of your own characters you can have earning points for a guild, the better the chance of getting on the leader board and the better chance you have to compete against 1000 individuals with CQ fever... vs. a few hundred individuals with CQ fever and an army of alts!

Sorry, but I don't see that. On ... it's Tulak Hord now ... It's the same old names there at the top in every conquest. I simply don't see any new names there.

They very, very, very soon create a gap of ... let's say 1 million points at the top vs. 600.000 points at number 9 or 8. in the list. That isn't even competition anymore.

What, if LARGE guilds have BOTH crafters and PvE / PvP people in it ? Then, smaller guilds have no chance whatsoever.

The small guild I'm in is usually at the number 9 or 10 in the list - or lower than that.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Every guild has the same potential as any other guild. There are no advantages given to any guild over another.

If your guild is barely able to stay in the top 10 for the conquest leaderboard then that is unfortunate but that is due to how your guild is run. By that I just mean that clearly there is a difference between how a guild with 20 people operates vs a guild with 500+ people. If you want to know how the bigger busier guilds function then join them with an alt and see for yourself then apply that knowledge to your own guild but don't expect it to be something you can just copy and paste across as the chances are you will find that the popular busy guilds put in a tremendous amount of effort to cater and care for such a large number of players.

Conquest is just one part of the game and should not be used as an excuse to force players to be excluded from the communities they want to be a part of. Increasing the member/account cap is about bringing all our guild member's characters home instead of leaving them guildless.