Please Increase/Remove Guild Member Cap With Merges

UlaVii

Our second Imp guild is at 50% capacity already. We could fill it in a day with homeless alts and open a 3rd Imp guild but most guild members are being nice and leaving room in it for new members, plus they understand how much effort it is taking from the officers to run multiple guilds in sync with each other.

Here are my observations after two weeks of running 3 guilds (2 Imp + 1 Rep)

• Not having a working in-game cross channel chat system is a big pain. Discord is ok but it's very hard to manage with hundreds of accounts and a lot of people don't want to use a 3rd party app for what should be a simple LFG message.
  • We've promoted several new people to help with advertising our guild events across all our guilds but organising groups is still a lot more difficult than it would be with a single guild
  • Syncing member notes, officer notes and ranks across all three guilds sucks!
  • When you kick & ban somebody you have to stop what you are doing and relog across 3 guilds to remove their characters. Then outside game there is Discord, Teamspeak and the guild website.
  • Because our guild members are active and want all our guilds to be meaningful it means we have invaded with all three. Last week we ended up taking two planets in CQ which is cool on the one hand but sucks for other guilds on the server. If we could have one big Imp guild then it means we would only be winning one planet.
  • The vast majority of guild members have well and truly given up on Bioware helping. They just shrug when the guild ship goes missing again and they see the guild panel broken for over a year and can't help but lol when a rookie writes in /g about how they just fired off all their keybinds because they tried to type while the guild panel was open.
  • It's frustrating that when you copy the MotD text from one guild and paste it into the next one, all the line breaks are lost and you have to spend time adding them back again. Seems small and petty but I have to do this across 3 guilds, twice a day.
  • Since we opened our second guild and could resume invites/re-invites our active member count has increased by about 15% which is quite good for a 2 week period over summer

The whole situation is backwards. The producers want people to have more alts as it means they will buy more items off the cartel market for those characters if they play them but then they are unwilling to do anything to help the guild infrastructure that a lot of those people depend on for their in-game social interactions and entertainment.

I still can't fathom why BW seem to go out of their way to make things difficult for people that invest their time into improving the game experience for their players. All BW have done with their ill treatment of guilds has created a lot of resentment. They seem to think that since it's a small percentage of people that actually run the guilds that the issues only affect us but what they don't understand is that our guild members see the pressures we deal with for them.

Please increase the cap to 10k or implement the 1k account + unlimited alts system others have requested. It would also be nice if you could 100% fix the guild panel, add top 5 scoring legacies to the CQ panel, stop guild ships and strongholds from going missing, fix the in-game custom chat system, enable cross faction custom chat channels, let us set member notes/officer notes for the selected group and allow us to /w guild members with foreign characters in their name without having to find them on the /who panel. Easy :p

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on BW, please let this be in amongst the QoL changes to guilds you're talking about to; increase the cap and/or make it per account so people can put as many of their toons into a guild as they want and not have to coordinate playing with friends across multiple guilds or 3rd party apps. It really would make playing alts so much nicer and easier!

It's been stated many times that the DEVS are listening to the players. If that is true, then why has there not been a response to this thread?

This issue is something that affects many guilds and needs addressing.

#uniteourcharacters

It's been stated many times that the DEVS are listening to the players. If that is true, then why has there not been a response to this thread?

This issue is something that affects many guilds and needs addressing.

#uniteourcharacters

Because so far it's only affecting your guild.

All other guilds deal with it accordingly. Even when the cap was way lower. lol

Because so far it's only affecting your guild.

All other guilds deal with it accordingly. Even when the cap was way lower. lol

Most large guilds have to regularly clear semi-inactive characters to make room. It's not just time consuming to do the task but you also have to handle the upset guild members. I think most just don't bother posting here as they have given up on BW doing anything positive for guilds. They think I'm wasting my time trying to encourage the producers to help us. You can't blame the guild leaders for thinking that way when you look at the history of how guilds are treated in this game:

• Guild ships and strongholds still go missing as they have since they launched
  • They replaced the working guild panel with a very broken one making admin incredibly difficult
  • They ignored the guild panel issues for most of a year and then did a flimsy visual hack in an attempt to fix one of the problems
  • An updated "feature" of the new guild panel was that they made everybody's legacy names visible which meant that anybody who wanted to have some quiet time now has to do it outside their own guilds
  • Custom chat channels are still very broken
  • Years later and we still can't /w guild members with foreign characters in their name unless we use the /who panel
  • Their latest quality of life "improvement" was to conquest so less guilds can win. This brought an end to several smaller guilds who disbanded and their members moved to larger guilds making the cap issue more prevalent.

Compare that to the positive things they have done for guilds, if you can think of any.

I still haven't given up on BW helping their guilds, eventually they will see that their inaction does hurt their players.

I don't think this game needs even larger guilds. It would be very bad for the game. If you have too many members and/or chars you have to deal with it, it's not rocket science to limit/regulate your own size after all. I'm also a guild leader of a guild which scratches on the 999 limit all the time but I don't let it happen, it's that easy.

What we really need are guild management tools and not this joke Bioware has implemented since start which is so pathetic that words fail to describe it. No export functions, if people have left the guild the guild leaders have to make a guessing game which legacy it was and have to MANUALLY look through the whole f... roster to find possible leftover chars without mains and whatnot else. That is really something to be pissed about, not that guilds can "only" have 999 chars...

I'm very curious about the guild qol changes they will come up with after the summer, changes that are overdue for damn years. Bioware is always too late to the party, we know that already. That's sad, really.

Edited by Khaleg

I don't think this game needs even larger guilds. It would be very bad for the game. If you have too many members and/or chars you have to deal with it, it's not rocket science to limit/regulate your own size after all. I'm also a guild leader of a guild which scratches on the 999 limit all the time but I don't let it happen, it's that easy.

What we really need are guild management tools and not this joke Bioware has implemented since start which is so pathetic that words fail to describe it. No export functions, if people have left the guild the guild leaders have to make a guessing game which legacy it was and have to MANUALLY look through the whole f... roster to find possible leftover chars without mains and whatnot else. That is really something to be pissed about, not that guilds can "only" have 999 chars...

I'm very curious about the guild qol changes they will come up with after the summer, changes that are overdue for damn years. Bioware is always too late to the party, we know that already. That's sad, really.

Yes. BW needs a history record similar to the Guild bank history that also shows who's joined/left. It's not hard.

BW needs a history record similar to the Guild bank history that also shows who's joined/left. It's not hard.

Totally should have that and also who invited them which could prove massively helpful.

I get that the guild quality of life changes are not scheduled until September but could you at least say if you intend to increase the guild member cap at that time and if so then by how much? Please at least tell us your thoughts on the issue.

There's a bit of limbo going on atm as if we knew the cap was being increased then we can carry on with a 2nd/3rd guild for now, treating it as a temporary measure however if you are not going to increase the cap then we will make more permanent changes to help reduce our workload.

There's a bit of limbo going on atm as if we knew the cap was being increased then we can carry on with a 2nd/3rd guild for now, treating it as a temporary measure however if you are not going to increase the cap then we will make more permanent changes to help reduce our workload.

Make your more permanent changes anyway, you can always change them again in 3-4 months. If you have things you can do to reduce the workload then do it, that was one of your main reasons for this, its pointless burning your selves out. I know a single guild workload can be too much at times, especially fighting with that guild window when filling out notes in a large guild.