Please Increase/Remove Guild Member Cap With Merges

UlaVii

/signed. #uniteourcharacters

"Limits are lies. There are only people.

Through people we gain groups.

Through groups we gain friendships.

Through friendships we gain fun.

Through fun we enjoy SWTOR.

Removing member cap shall delight us."

Aashtaroth.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed. #uniteourcharacters

"Limits are lies. There are only people.

Through people we gain groups.

Through groups we gain friendships.

Through friendships we gain fun.

Through fun we enjoy SWTOR.

Removing member cap shall delight us."

Aashtaroth.

Awesome and /signed

Please listen to our cries of help producers. So far all we've had is a vague "we might look into a cap increase after the merges" and it has now been over 2 months of silence on the issue. When you tell us there will be a roadmap posted in several weeks that just tells us we have to wait weeks to read a plan of what you may do in the future.

We need your help now. We need you to support your guilds. Please fix the defective guild panel and increase the cap above 10k so we can bring all our alts in or switch it from 1k characters to 1k active accounts with unlimited alts.

The server merges were almost 3 months ago (1/4 of a year) and in the pre-merge stream you wrote that you would see how things settled post-merge and consider increasing the member cap. Well it's been months and things have settled. My writing this thread shows how that worked out, we don't have room for all the people that want to join unless we kick out other people's alts. For example, last night a new member joined and wanted to bring all 8 of their characters in. I asked if they actively play them all and they said they did. So straight away, 8 slots taken up. I have officers and guild members that help with summons during our server events and whilst they each have 20+ characters they can't use them all because we don't have room.

Producers, please share your decision on increasing the member cap sooner rather than later so we can make decisions for our guilds. If you are not going to increase the cap or you're only going to do 2-3k then our only choice is to create secondary guilds which will take additional time to plan and setup. I don't think it's wrong to ask for your help when it comes to planning actions which will affect hundreds of our guild members.

Please make the limit to 1000 accounts instead of characters. It makes no sense for 1 player to hold 2 or even 10 spots in a guild with alts that prevents other players from joining because the guild is full. Edited by DKEVINZ

Is there any chance of getting ANY official response to this?

Because it seems the devs are completely ignoring the issue.

I'm pretty sure there are performance/db issues involved. Also, I sure think bigger guilds would be very unhealthy for the game. The only thing that would be somewhat acceptable is an account based limit combined with some limit how many alts someone can have in addition, not a general increase in members. The latter would be a very stupid decision for this game.

Edited by Khaleg

I'm pretty sure there are performance/db issues involved.

Please quote your source or explain your knowledge of this games database system.

Also, I sure think bigger guilds would be very unhealthy for the game.

Why?

...not a general increase in members. The latter would be a very stupid decision for this game.

Why?

Please quote your source or explain your knowledge of this games database system.

Why?

Why?

The first one is common sense when you know at least anything about IT. I guess you don't.

The other points...we will end up in a few mega guilds sooner or later. What a stupid thing to wish for.

Edited by Khaleg

The first one is common sense when you know at least anything about IT. I guess you don't.

The other points...we will end up in a few mega guilds sooner or later. What a stupid thing to wish for.

We already had Harbinger be plagued with a omega guild for the longest time as it is, where they took up to six planets every single conquest, and normally won at least bare minimum four of those. Most of the time they would be the ONLY guild winning across the board, so if you wanted conquest titles, you HAD to join them. Omega guilds are already a thing, and it would be 10x better for them to be all merged into one guild rather than three, and this is coming from someone who's server has been ruled by a single guild for two years now.

EDIT- /signed or whatever to show my support for this :).

Edited by peter_plankskull