You Were Enthusiastic About Dailies... What Happened?

Ylliarus

Bioware, please explain to me what happened to the enthusiasm regarding the dailies and that people were returning to them? I get it, the bug was giving a lot of CXP, while I think that was the value that should have been, I would have understood the CXP going down 25% or at most 50%. But the dailies are returning to their original values... a giant mistake.

You said you wanted to help the players, listen to the players... but what you are doing now is highly contradictory to those claims. You are putting aside all the positive feedback the players have given you about the dailies, I don't want to say it, but you're actually throwing it into the thrash. Please explain what your reasoning is behind this, why do you think returning the dailies to their original values is a good idea? Again, I would have understood 25% or 50% down but not this. This I simply do not understand.

So, what happened to the enthusiasm at the dailies being revived? If you really will continue this approach, then sadly today will be the last time I touch dailies for a long while. A pity, I really enjoyed doing them, relived a lot of nice memories, but after they return to the 75 CXP value they won't be worth doing anymore I am afraid.

Edited by Ylliarus

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The same thing that happened to "play the way you want", or "decisions that matter" before it, they say one thing but then completely contradict themselves with the execution.

GC is clearly a mild form of torture, making it less painful is counterproductive.

GC is clearly a mild form of torture, making it less painful is counterproductive.

That is a colorful description, but you are not wrong.

This is why I think that the CXP/GC/RNG system should be repealed and replaced..... (oh, wait "repeal and replace" is for something else. I can't believe I opened that can of worms :eek: )errr ...I mean.... ripped out and reverted back to a commendations system similar to what we had in 1.x -4.x.

RNG has its place in games, but RNG should not be used as the primary means of obtaining gear.

Bioware, please explain to me what happened to the enthusiasm regarding the dailies and that people were returning to them? I get it, the bug was giving a lot of CXP, while I think that was the value that should have been, I would have understood the CXP going down 25% or at most 50%. But the dailies are returning to their original values... a giant mistake.

You said you wanted to help the players, listen to the players... but what you are doing now is highly contradictory to those claims. You are putting aside all the positive feedback the players have given you about the dailies, I don't want to say it, but you're actually throwing it into the thrash. Please explain what your reasoning is behind this, why do you think returning the dailies to their original values is a good idea? Again, I would have understood 25% or 50% down but not this. This I simply do not understand.

So, what happened to the enthusiasm at the dailies being revived? If you really will continue this approach, then sadly today will be the last time I touch dailies for a long while. A pity, I really enjoyed doing them, relived a lot of nice memories, but after they return to the 75 CXP value they won't be worth doing anymore I am afraid.

They ignored all the feedback about pvp, class balance etc. why should they care about daylies? Are you really surprised? Maybe you are a new player because it is far not the first time they ignore our feedback

RNG should not be used as the primary means of obtaining gear.

Most MMORPGs have it in some way or other. At least this isn't ArcheAge, where the gear ladder RNG can:

* In rare cases, give a double gain.

* In some cases, give the gain you wanted.

* In lots of cases, give nothing either way.

* In some cases, reverse the previous gain

* In more cases than anyone is comfortable with, DESTROY the item being "upgraded".

They ignored all the feedback about pvp, class balance etc. why should they care about daylies? Are you really surprised? Maybe you are a new player because it is far not the first time they ignore our feedback

I will be playing this game for 5 years in november this year, so I am not a new player :) I've been here for a while and know how things go, I just remain hopeful things will change at one point. Call it naivety.

Edited by Ylliarus

This about covers it.

Ooh! I get to disagree with Yil for the second time in the past year since I've returned (Read: he's still one of my favorite posters).

Yil, the current daily CXP was unsustainable. I'm a mostly solo guy (until the friends I recently recruited given their new direction level up) but I don't think I should receive 10x the CXP compared to those who are doing HM and NiM Ops.

Do you really think I should get 2813 CXP (assuming buying the bonus from fleet or CM -- yes, I've memorized the number :rak_01:) for standing in the base of the Black Hole and clicking several times to get the traitor?

We're getting double bonus and a *commitment* (yes, I know what that means and take with grain of salt) to re-evaluate the current rewards.

But, ZOMG, if I hear Torian's voice (even though it is not Torian per se in the Massassi area) say one more time, "They were going to kills us, I don't even know why?" on Yavin 4 I'm going to go kill all the Ortolans on Hoth. Oh, and all the Jawas on Tatoinne. :rak_03:

The new system is much, much better.

Hugs,

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Ooh! I get to disagree with Yil for the second time in the past year since I've returned (Read: he's still one of my favorite posters).

Yil, the current daily CXP was unsustainable. I'm a mostly solo guy (until the friends I recently recruited given their new direction level up) but I don't think I should receive 10x the CXP compared to those who are doing HM and NiM Ops.

Do you really think I should get 3000 CXP (assuming buying the bonus from fleet or CM) for standing in the base of the Black Hole and clicking several times to get the traitor?

We're getting double bonus and a *commitment* (yes, I know what that means and take with grain of salt) to re-evaluate the current rewards.

But, ZOMG, if I hear Torian's voice (even though it is not Torian) say one more time, "They were going to kills us, I don't even know why?" one more time in Yavin 4 I'm going to go kill all the Ortolans on Hoth.

Hugs,

Dasty

You do have a point and I definitely agree with bringing down the CXP rewards. While I loved the almost 3000 CXP you were getting I agree it was a bit ridiculous. However, by lowering it to 75 CXP again that does completely take away the incentive to do the Dailies. I would have hoped they would have reduced it to 750 CXP per mission or 500 CXP per mission. That would still allow for the amount you get to be reasonable but also it would maintain the incentive to do the Dailies. But 75 CXP per mission is nothing, really and that is something I don't agree with.

But, bottom line remains the same, the current amounts of CXP are too much, I loved it, but too much. 500 CXP per mission would have been perfect, sadly, 75 CXP per mission takes away all incentive for me to do them :(

One positive thing regarding all of this... all the Ortolans and Jawas get to live :D

Edited by Ylliarus

My understanding is that they are re-evaluating CXP rewards and the rotating bonus rewards. But tomorrow's change is not the result of that evaluation, it is a bug fix.

The perk to potentially open up +100% CXP to those working on alts only has to be bought once per legacy.

Having dailies give the most cxp with little effort required is fun in the short term but is not good at all for the game beyond that.

Edited by Savej

You do have a point and I definitely agree with bringing down the CXP rewards. While I loved the almost 3000 CXP you were getting I agree it was a bit ridiculous. However, by lowering it to 75 CXP again that does completely take away the incentive to do the Dailies. I would have hoped they would have reduced it to 750 CXP per mission or 500 CXP per mission. That would still allow for the amount you get to be reasonable but also it would maintain the incentive to do the Dailies. But 75 CXP per mission is nothing, really and that is something I don't agree with.

But, bottom line remains the same, the current amounts of CXP are too much, I loved it, but too much. 500 CXP per mission would have been perfect, sadly, 75 CXP per mission takes away all incentive for me to do them :(

One positive thing regarding all of this... all the Ortolans and Jawas get to live :D

Heh! Touche. And, yes, they should do the course correction as soon as possible. I will fully admit my bias, or at least perspective since I got 4 up to 300 during the bonanza, so I will get the 100% bonus. But, yes, your fundamental and broader point is correct.

You are hereby restored to my second favorite poster (sorry, Esh, still is tops :rak_03:).

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Heh! Touche. And, yes, they should do the course correction as soon as possible. I will fully admit my bias, or at least perspective since I got 4 up to 300 during the bonanza, so I will get the 100% bonus. But, yes, you're fundamental and broader point is correct.

You are hereby restored to my second favorite poster (sorry, Esh, still is tops :rak_03:).

Dasty

Yaaaaasss :D :D :D I can live with second best ^_^

It's funny though, the Daily areas are full with players now grinding the last bits out of the CXP bug. I am betting you that whereas people are waiting for mobs to respawn right now tomorrow the daily areas will be deserted after the patch :p

Yaaaaasss :D :D :D I can live with second best ^_^

It's funny though, the Daily areas are full with players now grinding the last bits out of the CXP bug. I am betting you that whereas people are waiting for mobs to respawn right now tomorrow the daily areas will be deserted after the patch :p

I have confidence in people gaming the system. Well, I shouldn't say "gaming" because that sounds pejorative (though BW, you are losing lots of money because I'm creating a bunch of alts on other servers to create new slots).

Now people will pay attention to the Heroics you can complete quickly -- like Coruscant. And, not Taris because of that horrific Mutations daily where you have to kill Infected Raks and the respawn timer takes longer than Trinity's death speech in Matrix 3 (yeah, I've used that one before, but it's just that good).

So, Eric. You completely ignored my thread from 3 days ago (granted you were in NYC, which I forgot)...but for $150 in cartel credits -- commit to fixing the respawn timer on some of the heroics.

Yes, I know that is extortion. (Someone report this post so they read it). Well, not really, because no threat is implied. :rak_03:

Hugs,

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

I have confidence in people gaming the system. Well, I shouldn't say "gaming" because that sounds pejorative (though BW, you are losing lots of money because I'm creating a bunch of alts on other servers to create new slots).

Now people will pay attention to the Heroics you can complete quickly -- like Coruscant. And, not Taris because of that horrific Mutations daily where you have to kill Infected Raks and the respawn timer takes longer than Trinity's death speech in Matrix 3 (yeah, I've used that one before, but it's just that good).

So, Eric. You completely ignored my thread from 3 days ago (granted you were in NYC, which I forgot)...but for $150 in cartel credits -- commit to fixing the respawn timer on some of the heroics.

Yes, I know that is extortion. (Someone report this post so they read it). Well, not really, because no threat is implied. :rak_03:

Hugs,

Dasty

Oh yes I definitely will be doing Heroics again because since the CXP bug I haven't touched they much and my Alliance crates stacks need to grow for my alts. So that will be nice to redo those again, albeit it I absolutely 10000000% agree that many of the heroics need to be fixed ASAP regarding timers and such. That Mandalorian dude on Dromund Kaas is a pain in the [insert that word here] as well.

It just also depressing that they didn't even tried to meet our expectations with symbolic increase.....

85..90...95....100 CXP( hey guys we want to do overall revaluate and its need time to implement it all at once but at lesat we will increase old value)

It just also depressing that they didn't even tried to meet our expectations with symbolic increase.....

85..90...95....100 CXP( hey guys we want to do overall revaluate and its need time to implement it all at once but at lesat we will increase old value)

At risk of white-knighting, hell it wouldn't be the first time I was accused of it. There appears to be some confusion. When I read the original Roadmap, I thought it meant that that the Double CXP event would apply only on -- and I'm quoting:

"For a full week, we’re bringing back Double Rewards (XP, Command XP, Valor, Requisition)"

This was supposed to start on Nov. 8th.

But, Eric's post from today:

"Correct, the daily areas are returning to their original values (75CXP) and we added a new CXP bonus perk. There is also a double event that will start tomorrow and run for one week.

-eric"

It Is at a minimum ambiguous.

Dasty

P.S. In order to get a response, I'm reporting my own post (something some of you forum justice warriors like doing).

Edited by Jdast

At risk of white-knighting, hell it wouldn't be the first time I was accused of it. There appears to be some confusion. When I read the original Roadmap, I thought it meant that that the Double CXP event would apply only on -- and I'm quoting:

"For a full week, we’re bringing back Double Rewards (XP, Command XP, Valor, Requisition)"

This was supposed to start on Nov. 8th.

But, Eric's post from today:

"Correct, the daily areas are returning to their original values (75CXP) and we added a new CXP bonus perk. There is also a double event that will start tomorrow and run for one week.

-eric"

It Is at a minimum ambiguous.

Dasty

P.S. In order to get a response, I'm reporting my own post (something some of you forum justice warriors like doing).

There are two events planned.

There are two events planned.

Well, don't I hate getting to be made look a fool. I made my post relying only on the original roadmap without checking the event page.

You are 100% correct. P.S. Thank you for politely putting it and not calling me out for being a friggin moron. :rak_03:

Dasty

Begin quote from today (though to some of my credit, not in original roadmap post) It reads:

DOUBLE REWARDS EVENT

(OCTOBER 10 - 17, 2017: BEGINS AND ENDS AT 4AM PST/12AM GMT)

LEVEL: All Levels!

MISSION: The galaxy's most popular event is back for a limited time! Earn DOUBLE the Experience Points and Galactic Command Experience Points all week long. So jump in, team up with friends, and rack up that XP and CXP!

Edited by Jdast

DOUBLE REWARDS EVENT

(OCTOBER 10 - 17, 2017: BEGINS AND ENDS AT 4AM PST/12AM GMT)

LEVEL: All Levels!

They might want to change this a bit. 10 October, 12 AM (GMT) has come and gone. I think, given the PST time given, they mean 12PM GMT. This also coincides with when the servers are meant to come down for the long downtime. Bah.

The change to the old values is only going to tick people off, and severely disadvantage those who just returned to the game.

The updated perk will not help level 300's trying to get 248 BIS gear. I have probably opened almost a thousand tier 4 crates and I still can't get a 248 lightsaber hilt. When the old values return, I won't even try.

The change to the old values is only going to tick people off, and severely disadvantage those who just returned to the game.

The updated perk will not help level 300's trying to get 248 BIS gear. I have probably opened almost a thousand tier 4 crates and I still can't get a 248 lightsaber hilt. When the old values return, I won't even try.

After Nov. 28th, when you can disenchant gear to the legacy-wide UC's -- doesn't that resolve your problem? Or at a minimum alleviate it (depending on the conversion rate -- something I myself have asked about)?

Dasty

P.S. Kodrac, this is what you call white-knighting, LOLZ :rak_03:

Edited by Jdast

It's a bit of a shame, really. As others have mentioned it was something that was getting people enthusiastic about returning to daily areas and playing the game more, and it was accessible to both solo and group players. Especially when there isn't a lot of new content, anything that gets people playing should be embraced IMHO.

While I agree that getting that much CXP was perhaps disproportionate to what it should be, 75 CXP also seems way too low. It's too bad they didn't leave it alone until they were able to enact a permanent improvement.

It's a bit of a shame, really. As others have mentioned it was something that was getting people enthusiastic about returning to daily areas and playing the game more, and it was accessible to both solo and group players. Especially when there isn't a lot of new content, anything that gets people playing should be embraced IMHO.

While I agree that getting that much CXP was perhaps disproportionate to what it should be, 75 CXP also seems way too low. It's too bad they didn't leave it alone until they were able to enact a permanent improvement.

And, now to show I'm not a white-knight, I have to agree with this post. Why not just say, we're going to triple or quadruple (which frankly wouldn't be a huge deal) the CXP rewards. I'm cool with saying we shouldn't get 8000 CXP for a Ziost run where you essentially do nothing but yeah, we're going to say you get at least 2000-3000 (these are rough estimates) for places like Coruscant.

After Nov. 28th, when you can disenchant gear to the legacy-wide UC's -- doesn't that resolve your problem? Or at a minimum alleviate it (depending on the conversion rate -- something I myself have asked about)?

Dasty

P.S. Kodrac, this is what you call white-knighting, LOLZ :rak_03:

Yes, the disintegration to UC will help with my specific issue, but the follow of crates will still be very low for rank 300.