Traitor Among the Chiss Preview

DarkLordSnake

I am in the camp that they will be gone eventually --- and just so you know -- I hope I'm wrong ---

Logically, if I was writing it --- I would see it this way ...

Theron himself said once when my agent asked him to join her crew -- " oh yea, like no one would think I was spying for my mom " -- he has a good point ... Lana is still a Sith --- and go Republic ? Not likely ... she is too loyal

So -- it hurts to write this, but I feel this awful gut feeling we will lose them both -- to be honest if you are romancing either Theron or Lana -- and one faction loses one, but the other faction doesn't ? Can you see the unfairness in that little bit of writing ? I can --- and massive rage on the forums .... not pretty

I think the whole setup is kinda unfair. It'll be weird as hell if Theron somehow goes but Lana stays, I wonder how they'll attempt to explain themselves. While Lana is a loyal Sith, I can see her being flexible, I think it would be a bit harder for Theron.

If either or both do end up going, I hope BW will give those who romanced either will still get something after the story is done.

As they're now making a killable Npc a LI, I think there's a good chance.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in the camp that they will be gone eventually --- and just so you know -- I hope I'm wrong ---

Logically, if I was writing it --- I would see it this way ...

Theron himself said once when my agent asked him to join her crew -- " oh yea, like no one would think I was spying for my mom " -- he has a good point ... Lana is still a Sith --- and go Republic ? Not likely ... she is too loyal

So -- it hurts to write this, but I feel this awful gut feeling we will lose them both -- to be honest if you are romancing either Theron or Lana -- and one faction loses one, but the other faction doesn't ? Can you see the unfairness in that little bit of writing ? I can --- and massive rage on the forums .... not pretty

Because killing them wouldnt have the same rage effect and possible mass exodus?!

Here is another thought. Right now we are getting the Theron story so to speak. Darksiders basically forced him to kill his father and he did it. Now isn't it more likely that a Theron who killed his own father has lost a part of himself and is headed down a darker path whilst one who did not isn't? That there may also be a simliar Lana story in the future that may have her in some stories take a lighter path?

Lana and Theron have both been loyal to one person and one person only, the outlander. Theyve both turned their backs on their factions for this person at one time or another. I can't see that suddenly changing but I can see the outlander influencing their future towards a lighter or darker path. Maybe for once, choices will make a difference only a more direct difference to two much loved characters.

Edited by Suzsi

Because killing them wouldnt have the same rage effect and possible mass exodus?!

Here is another thought. Right now we are getting the Theron story so to speak. Darksiders basically forced him to kill his father and he did it. Now isn't it more likely that a Theron who killed his own father has lost a part of himself and is headed down a darker path whilst one who did not isn't? That there may also be a simliar Lana story in the future that may have her in some stories take a lighter path?

Lana and Theron have both been loyal to one person and one person only, the outlander. Theyve both turned their backs on their factions for this person at one time or another. I can't see that suddenly changing but I can see the outlander influencing their future towards a lighter or darker path. Maybe for once, choices will make a difference only a more direct difference to two much loved characters.

I think that is a good and fair assessment. However people tend to think that only darksiders allied with Acina and lightsiders allied with Malcolm. Not all played their characters that way. Take this as an example, Light side republic character allies with Acina and also was a Peacekeeper not Empress. Did not tell Theron to shoot papa but put a bounty on his betrayal later. So there you have a mix of multiple choices that I am sure the writers have to account for in the up coming story. Plus they should also consider that some of us have leveled Theron and Lana up to rank 50. I imagine for a lot it would be a game breaker if these two went there separate ways after all we had been through with them.

I like your idea though that our influence can change their path. Also keep in mind in the imperial agent story you can take your character to

betray (in so many word) the empire and spy for the SIS at the end of Chapter 3

so why not be able to convince Theron to leave the republic and follow your character.

Edited by Swingkittie

I think the whole setup is kinda unfair. It'll be weird as hell if Theron somehow goes but Lana stays, I wonder how they'll attempt to explain themselves. While Lana is a loyal Sith, I can see her being flexible, I think it would be a bit harder for Theron.

If either or both do end up going, I hope BW will give those who romanced either will still get something after the story is done.

As they're now making a killable Npc a LI, I think there's a good chance.

I really hope you're right -- and yes, I can see Lana going Republic too if given a very good reason -- but Theron would be a bit of an outcast in the Empire ....

There are a lot of variables to consider --- a ton ...

as examples; all of my toons are LS V -- they are all "Peackeepers" --- 2 are Republic allined Imperials;

1 went over to the Empire from the Republic ( my JK of all people ); but still a Peacekeeper ---

the 4th one stayed true to her original allinement -- Republic

And I know people have got to have every variable in between -- this could be a writers nightmare ......

Cannot say I care for the new haircut myself but am glad for it all the same. It just seems so unrealistic for characters to not change there appearance over such a long time. At least most returning companions got a new outfit when they returned. I hope Kira and Mako have a different hair style too when they return. The original look though should of cause still be an available.

As for the story, well looks good. I still think though that the Chiss home world is going to be more of an interest for me. The Chiss are and probably will always be my favourite species in the SW universe.

Edited by Thunderisaclone

Theron's hair is a good thing for story, but I think someone like punk rock and beer in their design department. As for the Chiss, I'm possibly the only person who hasn't read much about them. Never thought about it really. BUT Mr. Zhan is an excellent writer I hope he continues his relationship with the team.

As for what will happen... I do have a theory.

LS Players: Theron went rogue to protect you as an individual and is spying on this "Order" and Lana is the actual danger.

DS Players: Theron's totally disillusioned with all TPTB and has gone all HUNTER and joined up with a Star of Kabbal type organization.

Anyway I still have to finish all the rest of the game anyway...

Cannot say I care for the new haircut myself but am glad for it all the same. It just seems so unrealistic for characters to not change there appearance over such a long time. At least most returning companions got a new outfit when they returned. I hope Kira and Mako have a different hair style too when they return. The original look though should of cause still be an available.

As for the story, well looks good. I still think though that the Chiss home world is going to be more of an interest for me. The Chiss are and probably will always be my favourite species in the SW universe.

Agreed, sortta anyway.:) But they changed Arcann after he went LS also DS. Though I'm happy his hair didn't suddenly grow.:rak_03:

But events can change your style I guess! We all want an option in the end, if that happens we'll all be fine. :D

I really hope you're right -- and yes, I can see Lana going Republic too if given a very good reason -- but Theron would be a bit of an outcast in the Empire ....

Yeah, indeed! :) I just want everyone to be happy!:rak_06:

Edited by Eshvara

IMHO excising Lana or Theron completely would result in too much of an outcry. If they wanted to drive off or further alienate their remaining story players, hey, that would be the way to do it, but IMHO it's probable that they're going to tread lightly here.

I really can't think of a scenario in which either Lana or Theron would legitimately betray the player of their own volition, unless the player went full-on Dark V dictator. Both Lana and Theron have been sufficiently alienated by their own factions enough to probably justify crossing sides if the player is forced to give up the Alliance and rejoin the Empire or Republic. Neither of them quits when the Alliance chooses an ally in Iokath, and Theron doesn't seem to mind too much if the Commander allies with the Sith Empire during KOTET.

I guess that's the haircut he wants to die wearing, so be it,

My sith warrior hated Koth after koth stole his ship but at the last minute, they made up and went their separate ways, but Theron is dead meat

Edited by kirorx

• 2 weeks later...

Just a warning: For those of you that never used Lana (like me) I would advise raising her influence since I would imagine she is the only one we will be able to use (not thrilled about that myself) and having her influence higher might help with regard to the missions. I know from experience on Umbara she couldn't even heal good since her influence was barely 10

I would rather have a choice in who to take but from past experience I doubt that will be the case and we have to use Lana whether we want to or not.

Edited by casirabit

Just a warning: For those of you that never used Lana (like me) I would advise raising her influence since I would imagine she is the only one we will be able to use (not thrilled about that myself) and having her influence higher might help with regard to the missions. I know from experience on Umbara she couldn't even heal good since her influence was barely 10

I would rather have a choice in who to take but from past experience I doubt that will be the case and we have to use Lana whether we want to or not.

I think she's like 7 for me. Didn't have much of an issue with her however.

But it's a good reminder.:)

Edited by Eshvara

Didn't think of this, your right, my train trip with Lana took longer because I was relying on her to heal me and herself. :mad:

I'll slap a hat or mask over Theron's new do until it's fixed or they make a "classic" customization. ;)

Dead excited about Saganu's return though and really hoping he and my Agent will recognize each other. I'd say be able to rekindle their brief affair but that's likely outside the realm of possibilities.

As for Lana, I luckily raised her to 30 or something a while back only because there were chapters where she's your forced companion so figured I may as well.

Since they mentioned Raina Temple will be 'your guide' I am thinking that she might be the forced or second companion at least for part of it. Which means if she was your vanilla companion you'll be in luck and if not, you'll be doing this with a companion at influence 1. I will be bringing companion gifts just in case.

It is a good idea to raise all the base KOTET companions' influence since they're forced in various chapters. That one with Scorpio and Senya in KOTFE kills me a lot since they are both like a 4 influence and I won't waste gifts on them. But with the others I try to get them all to at least 20 and with Lana and Theron I get them to 50 because they both pop up a lot and I need them on their toes for the Vaylin fight.

Since they mentioned Raina Temple will be 'your guide' I am thinking that she might be the forced or second companion at least for part of it. Which means if she was your vanilla companion you'll be in luck and if not, you'll be doing this with a companion at influence 1. I will be bringing companion gifts just in case.

It is a good idea to raise all the base KOTET companions' influence since they're forced in various chapters. That one with Scorpio and Senya in KOTFE kills me a lot since they are both like a 4 influence and I won't waste gifts on them. But with the others I try to get them all to at least 20 and with Lana and Theron I get them to 50 because they both pop up a lot and I need them on their toes for the Vaylin fight.

I liked Temple until she got all weird with my male agent. Then I backed away slowly, lol. Neither of my agents have gone through any of the kotfe/kotet stuff and my main absolutely will not until Vector returns. Lana is one of my lowest companions because she and I just do not get along. Our personalities clash entirely. That's my biggest issue with the forced companion thing. I'm just not willing to use my companion gifts on a character I utterly ignore until forced into it. There should always be at least two options in my opinion.

Concerning the flashpoint, eeeee! I'm thrilled that it involves the Chiss! They're my favorite species and I can't wait to see them featured in story. I just hope we get some hint or confirmation that Theron really isn't against us. I really just want this storyline to be resolved. I reserve my final judgement until I see how it all pans out, but for the time being I'm not enjoying it at all.

I liked Temple until she got all weird with my male agent. Then I backed away slowly, lol. Neither of my agents have gone through any of the kotfe/kotet stuff and my main absolutely will not until Vector returns. Lana is one of my lowest companions because she and I just do not get along. Our personalities clash entirely. That's my biggest issue with the forced companion thing. I'm just not willing to use my companion gifts on a character I utterly ignore until forced into it. There should always be at least two options in my opinion.

Concerning the flashpoint, eeeee! I'm thrilled that it involves the Chiss! They're my favorite species and I can't wait to see them featured in story. I just hope we get some hint or confirmation that Theron really isn't against us. I really just want this storyline to be resolved. I reserve my final judgement until I see how it all pans out, but for the time being I'm not enjoying it at all.

Oh yes, I agree, there should always be a choice of at least two companions or teams. Even if you have to keep one specific companion with you as a 'guide' like Torian in the Mandalorian chapter, you should always be able to pick the one who is actually doing the companion duties/healing/etc.

I clash with Senya for the same reason you clash with Lana - her personality rubs me the wrong way and I actually kinda hate her. I don't like having to use her in various chapters of KOTFE and don't want to waste gifts on her when I could give them to a companion I like.

I am excited to see the Chiss too, and the new planet, but I am holding back my main and her clones until I read the spoilers on the flashpoint. I am worried sick both about my LI and Theron. I liked having a few nice moments in Iokath with my LI and I liked the letter I received from her after Umbara, but I have not enjoyed Umbara or Iokath otherwise. Not even a little.

Oh yes, I agree, there should always be a choice of at least two companions or teams. Even if you have to keep one specific companion with you as a 'guide' like Torian in the Mandalorian chapter, you should always be able to pick the one who is actually doing the companion duties/healing/etc.

I clash with Senya for the same reason you clash with Lana - her personality rubs me the wrong way and I actually kinda hate her. I don't like having to use her in various chapters of KOTFE and don't want to waste gifts on her when I could give them to a companion I like.

I am excited to see the Chiss too, and the new planet, but I am holding back my main and her clones until I read the spoilers on the flashpoint. I am worried sick both about my LI and Theron. I liked having a few nice moments in Iokath with my LI and I liked the letter I received from her after Umbara, but I have not enjoyed Umbara or Iokath otherwise. Not even a little.

Lol, Lana and I bicker too often for her to send me a letter. I'm terrible, I actively try to aggravate her now. Still, I don't want her to be taken from the people who do like her. I'd just like to not have to have her around me. Can I just send you my Lana? If you have any Vectors you're willing to part with they can come stay with me, lol. I think everyone, Lana included, would be happier with that arrangement.

Lol, Lana and I bicker too often for her to send me a letter. I'm terrible, I actively try to aggravate her now. Still, I don't want her to be taken from the people who do like her. I'd just like to not have to have her around me. Can I just send you my Lana? If you have any Vectors you're willing to part with they can come stay with me, lol. I think everyone, Lana included, would be happier with that arrangement.

Put her on the next shuttle - we have a deal! I'll happily swap you my Vectors for her. The companions end up with people who adore them, we end up with the companions we adore...it's a win-win. :)

That's what it really should be all about: that we all get to play and interact with the companions and LIs we love best, whoever they may be, and are able to assign the annoying ones to go elsewhere. :)

Put her on the next shuttle - we have a deal! I'll happily swap you my Vectors for her. The companions end up with people who adore them, we end up with the companions we adore...it's a win-win. :)

That's what it really should be all about: that we all get to play and interact with the companions and LIs we love best, whoever they may be, and are able to assign the annoying ones to go elsewhere. :)

*Loads all the Lanas on a shuttle and waves goodbye* They're on their way. I await my hive of Vectors, lol!

Edited by DuchessKristania

• 4 weeks later...