Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

I may have dreamt or imagined this but

I was sure someone posted that Arcann is in the Elom flashpoint on the PTS but I can't find any reference to it now. Many of us sent him on the mission to Wild Space in the recent mini story “Whispers in the Force” alert; it would seem a huge let down if nothing comes of that and just as bad if all we get is a letter. I'm hoping that they left Arcann out of the Livestream info because to mention him would be a huge spoiler.

I haven't seen that, but I really hope you're right! Do let us know if you remember where you saw it :)

I sent him too and absolutely agree it would be a massive let-down if nothing comes of it. I'm trying to keep my expectations moderately low because we didn't get a voiced scene before sending him off and because they didn't mention him in the livestream - but confirmation that he is actually in the flashpoint would give me hope! I kind of want him to be lost/in danger to add some tension to the story and the romance.

Wow. It's just so wild to see such a long thread for what I didn't realise was a more detailed romance than I thought!

So some thoughts. I have often thought about the Arcann romance for various reasons. Now my Jedi is a lesbian and is married to Lana. She had to break it off with Doc on his return(very hard, But In some respects.. "I apologise... I am actually married to a woman I am gay" is a lighter letdown for an ex husband then some routes. I opened the door just enough so I could have all the cards put on the table with Kira even though the conversation WAS heartbreaking. Since my Jedi is basically someone who was closeted and romancing Doc while Kira was her padawan.

Arcann... woo. That man made me cry. There was so much emotion in that 2 minute conversation when he gives you that armour. I wore that armour as part of a set for the next 6 months. I know haters come down on the horrid things he did as Ruler but War is different than Peace time.

And Even if we as Eternal Commander or Erernal Alliance didn't cut a swathe though the galaxy we have probably piled up a lot of bodies ourselves.

So I am thinking he could be the one to grab my "Evil" Agent's heart as he and his brothjer(DS smuggler) were both gentically created and messed with by Imperial powers to be superior forms. Although they are both apparently dark skinned Humans they suspect they may even have non human DNA and are kind of mad at the world.

I really like the idea that Arcann would be the one to soften my character. Irl I am also a lesbian but his voice is just amazing. There is so so much emotion in it. And I can't believe I am gonna have to go through that convo 7 more times at least... well probably more. I'm just not comfortable ever skippin kotfe and kotet. Too many choices that are unique to characters.

My LS Jedi made unusual choices that would NOT have been the default ones and even my evil characters are almost all very anti "removal of free will" so anything involving Slavery or the like.

But just wanted to say hello and will probably drop some updates once I have a romance with Arcann as this thread has shown me it is much more than just a 3 minute cutscene.

Welcome!! We are so glad to have you here with us!!

Arcann's redemption and subsequent romance are my favorite things in this game! I think he's a wonderful character that has so much more development potential. I really hope the devs listen to us and continue his (and Senya's!) story!

We have a discord now where we share Arcann (and Eternal Throne) related fan art, media, compositions and 'unreleased' content. Let me know if you'd like an invitation! We'd love to have more people there to discuss Arcann's story with!

I just finished writing a fanfic chapter about those scenes! :eek: (Still haven't worked up the courage to share it with the world...)

I always took "the answers" Arcann refers to in that first line to mean the answers to why Valkorion is interested in these people in the first place -- and whether or not they will prove useful to Arcann by ridding him of Valkorion. It's kind of an insane gamble of him to take. I think it shows how desperate he is and how much he is willing to risk to make another attempt on his father's life.

I agree with everything you said about how listening to the conversation in the throne room must have affected him. I really wonder how much he understands about what manner of being Vitiate/Valkorion actually is, though. He has obviously been brought up to view him as a god, and personally views him as a monster, but I wonder if he knows the extent of those powers (slithering from body to body across the centuries, consuming entire planets, master-minding wars all over the galaxy, etc.).

What are the audio files you found that might not be in the game? Could they be the dialogue you get for choosing to kneel to Valkorion? The outcome and Arcann's reaction to it is pretty interesting. He says something along the lines of having sacrificed everything for such an offer - which almost sounds as if he once hoped to be Valkorion's vessel (though I personally doubt he means it so literally).

Almost time! Can't wait!! :D

I know I can always count on you, Witchglove, for a wonderful post and response!

I love thinking about this topic! My other question is: What was Valkorion's goal for that throne room scenario?

Was his plan all along to take over the Outlander's body? Valkiorion knew what he was doing. There was a reason why he didn't blast the player character like he did to Marr. Why did he make Arcann 'execute' the Outlander? Valkorion clearly knew that Arcann would make another power play - you could see it in Valkorion's face. Was Valky bored with Zakuul and wanted to go on another adventure inside of the Outlander?

I don't understand why Valkorion did the things he did in the throne room.

I will post up the audio in discord for you to listen to! :)

Edited by Siita
Spoiler edit

Anyone else watching the Livestream? Arcann was NOT mentioned on the list of characters to join us as part of the story in 7.0 :( Does anyone know if he's in anything on the PTS? Are we going to have to rescue him?

I've been on the PTS quite a bit and did the new FP.

They took the story part out of the FP, essentially. It is barebones except for the last boss. I have, however, read through some game files... no Arcann from what I've seen so far but I'm still locating "things"

The only information that I have at this point is from

Dellums - he says that more content is on the way. If I find anything "interesting" related to Arcann, I'll post in discord/reach out

I'll have more information soon! <3

Edited by Siita

I think its sort of obvious something about Arcann will be mentioned on the 14th. However, the entire expansion will not be released on that day. Also Arcann has had tons of time during onslaught and there are other romances <cough> Vette & Jorgun<cough> that do need so much love. We can't and shouldn't be greedy. Other LI's deserve to shine too.

I think its sort of obvious something about Arcann will be mentioned on the 14th. However, the entire expansion will not be released on that day. Also Arcann has had tons of time during onslaught and there are other romances <cough> Vette & Jorgun<cough> that do need so much love. We can't and shouldn't be greedy. Other LI's deserve to shine too.

I hear you on that. I absolutely agree that other love interests have been given the shaft, however you can't blame us for talking about wanting more Arcann story/romance in this thread ;) That will probably never change hahahaha

I'm going to be real here... if they created periodic story missions for individual companions that you could buy, I would be spending a LOT of money. I'd 100% pay extra money to support/fund the creation of new companion story missions that would come out periodically. That way they could still continue the main storyline but give some desperately-needed love to our main class companions! <3 Maybe I'm the only one that wouldn't mind paying for something like that.

I hear you on that. I absolutely agree that other love interests have been given the shaft, however you can't blame us for talking about wanting more Arcann story/romance in this thread ;) That will probably never change hahahaha

I'm going to be real here... if they created periodic story missions for individual companions that you could buy, I would be spending a LOT of money. I'd 100% pay extra money to support/fund the creation of new companion story missions that would come out periodically. That way they could still continue the main storyline but give some desperately-needed love to our main class companions! <3 Maybe I'm the only one that wouldn't mind paying for something like that.

You know, I feel the same. I'd pay money for a replayable companion mission just to feed that urge from time to time to have some interaction with my original companions, or the ones who came back as romanceable. Ah well, I can dream, I guess, but seems like a missed opportunity for Bioware.

As for Arcann, who knows if we'll even get a line or two out of him when we go to Elom? Again, I can dream.

I hear you on that. I absolutely agree that other love interests have been given the shaft, however you can't blame us for talking about wanting more Arcann story/romance in this thread ;) That will probably never change hahahaha.

True that this is the Arcann thread and I do want more (a wedding perhaps):D Still, I am glad of how much we've already gotten, and really want other LI's to be remembered.

His last letter is so homesick. Still, he made that bed of nails so exile is appropriate.

Wow. It's just so wild to see such a long thread for what I didn't realise was a more detailed romance than I thought! ... But just wanted to say hello and will probably drop some updates once I have a romance with Arcann as this thread has shown me it is much more than just a 3 minute cutscene.

Hello and welcome! It is pretty awesome how long this thread is. It's not nice to compare, I know, but Theron's thread is 600-ish pages ;) We still have a ways to go to catch up with the Quinn thread, though :p Hope you stick around to help us make it even bigger - or join us on the Discord server!

I know I can always count on you, Witchglove, for a wonderful post and response!

I love thinking about this topic! My other question is: What was Valkorion's goal for that throne room scenario?

Was his plan all along to take over the Outlander's body? Valkiorion knew what he was doing. There was a reason why he didn't blast the player character like he did to Marr. Why did he make Arcann 'execute' the Outlander? Valkorion clearly knew that Arcann would make another power play - you could see it in Valkorion's face. Was Valky bored with Zakuul and wanted to go on another adventure inside of the Outlander?

I don't understand why Valkorion did the things he did in the throne room.

I will post up the audio in discord for you to listen to! :)

Thanks and same to you! :) I listened to those clips and posted some walls of text about it on Discord :p

I think Valkorion was deliberately provoking Arcann in that scene, just like he did in the scene where Thexan stopped Arcann from killing him (I interpret the look on Valkorion's face as Arcann leaps at him in the trailer to mean that he knows exactly what's about to happen and very deliberately drove Arcann to attack him at this point). I think both Arcann and the PC are part of his plan at that point: he knows he wants to possess the PC (because he/she has impressed him by being so powerful, just like Revan and other champions have before), but he also needs Arcann to set himself up as a tyrant for the (possessed) PC to overthrow. That way Valkorion will end up back on the throne once he has defeated Arcann through the Outlander, but in a new guise. I'm not sure he has any reason for wanting to change meat-suits, except for what he says to the JK as Vitiate:

"I want to become everything".

His last letter is so homesick.

It really is. I love it. Just the fact that it's titled "I'll be home soon".... The Alliance (and the PC) are home to him :o I wonder if Arcann ever had a very strong sense of home before. Lavish as the Zakuul Palace obviously was, it's not like he ever really felt safe or happy there.

Edited by witchglove

I think Valkorion was deliberately provoking Arcann in that scene, just like he did in the scene where Thexan stopped Arcann from killing him (I interpret the look on Valkorion's face as Arcann leaps at him in the trailer to mean that he knows exactly what's about to happen and very deliberately drove Arcann to attack him at this point). I think both Arcann and the PC are part of his plan at that point: he knows he wants to possess the PC (because he/she has impressed him by being so powerful, just like Revan and other champions have before), but he also needs Arcann to set himself up as a tyrant for the (possessed) PC to overthrow. That way Valkorion will end up back on the throne once he has defeated Arcann through the Outlander, but in a new guise. I'm not sure he has any reason for wanting to change meat-suits, except for what he says to the JK as Vitiate:

"I want to become everything".

Okay that's starting to make more sense to me. I knew he'd never stop playing Arcann as a pawn in his experiments/games, but I just never understood what he actually wanted in that throne room scene. It would make sense that Valkorion would be looking for something that interested him at this point. After everything that Valky said to our players on Ziost, he did show us that he found us interesting, however, one thing stands out to me still (I started talking about this in discord).

I believe that, regardless of any of our player choices, Arcann is more powerful than all of our possible characters (all of our possible backgrounds) and Arcann would have defeated or killed us if not for Valkorion's intervention on Arcann's flagship.

Think about that... the idea that Arcann is more powerful than the Jedi Battlemaster, the Emperor's Wrath, the Barsent'hor, dark council member that consumes force ghosts... the list goes on. If you follow that train of thought, why would Valkorion be so enamored with our player characters? Valkorion is more powerful than Arcann and the player. Is this even about a power play or is this just a case of an entity reveling in the fact that he's the ultimate puppet master (like "Q" from Star Trek TNG ).

It really is. I love it. Just the fact that it's titled "I'll be home soon".... The Alliance (and the PC) are home to him :o I wonder if Arcann ever had a very strong sense of home before. Lavish as the Zakuul Palace obviously was, it's not like he ever really felt safe or happy there.

I grew up moving every few years. We have always considered "home" to simply be where our family is- where the people we love are. It hasn't ever been a location thing. Imagine Arcann feeling like being by our character's side is home for him... wow, what a great thing to think about. Thanks for that idea, Witchglove!!

I believe that, regardless of any of our player choices, Arcann is more powerful than all of our possible characters (all of our possible backgrounds) and Arcann would have defeated or killed us if not for Valkorion's intervention on Arcann's flagship.

*more powerful* doesn't really mean much. Objectively speaking Anakin was 'more powerful' that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon Jin was 'more powerful' than Darth Maul. Power alone doesn't determine the victor in a fight. I personally believe Arcann to be equal to my Force users. And remember Vaylin definitely was/is? more powerful than our PC's. We beat her too.

Arcann is definitely powerful but he's not a Gary-Stu, he doesn't need to be the pinnacle of everything.

*more powerful* doesn't really mean much. Objectively speaking Anakin was 'more powerful' that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon Jin was 'more powerful' than Darth Maul. Power alone doesn't determine the victor in a fight. I personally believe Arcann to be equal to my Force users. And remember Vaylin definitely was/is? more powerful than our PC's. We beat her too.

Arcann is definitely powerful but he's not a Gary-Stu, he doesn't need to be the pinnacle of everything.

I've always thought the problem with some NPC and eventual companions is that they are made theoretically too powerful and we should never be able to beat them. A non-force user should never be able to beat unshackled Vaylin; she was able to take out an entire room full of her own force users after she was freed with very little effort. Vaylin should have been able to crush our entire alliance through her power alone but that had her say some nonsense like "that will be too easy". Not even Valkorian's power could beat her. I would have been happier if we'd been sent on a quest to increase our power to be able to beat Vaylin.

As for Arcann, I think his power was changed when he was healed but not reduced as his focus changed. I like to think he's returned to using the force in balance rather then to only destroy.

Vaylin was conceptually great but the execution was hit-and-miss. Realistically non-Force users make no sense in KOTFE/KOTET. (That's why in my head they are support characters in the Alliance and never the Commander.) If I had to put Arcann on a theoretical power scale I'd say he's up there with Windu and Dooku in terms of raw ability. That said, in certain areas he lacks refinement. It's not a put-down. Combatively he's brilliant, however subtlety and situational awareness isn't his strong-suit in KOTFE.

Think about that... the idea that Arcann is more powerful than the Jedi Battlemaster, the Emperor's Wrath, the Barsent'hor, dark council member that consumes force ghosts... the list goes on. If you follow that train of thought, why would Valkorion be so enamored with our player characters? Valkorion is more powerful than Arcann and the player. Is this even about a power play or is this just a case of an entity reveling in the fact that he's the ultimate puppet master (like "Q" from Star Trek TNG ).

I think he would have killed the PC then if not for his father's order, too! I'm also pretty sure that Arcann's actions are an attempt to turn that humiliating order ("go fetch this stranger who is more important to me than you are!") back on his father.

You make a really interesting point with regard to why, exactly, Valkorion considered his sons to be unworthy of being his vessels. I think the best explanation is what you said - it's more about emotional manipulation than who is objectively the strongest vessel. In the case of the Jedi Battlemaster, though, he/she has thwarted Vitiate several times with great success - certainly far more than Arcann. That's why the JK will always be my 'head-canon' Outlander.

I grew up moving every few years. We have always considered "home" to simply be where our family is- where the people we love are. It hasn't ever been a location thing. Imagine Arcann feeling like being by our character's side is home for him... wow, what a great thing to think about. Thanks for that idea, Witchglove!!

You're very welcome! :) I think home is more a matter of who than where to Arcann, as well. I'd guess the only person who ever felt like home growing up was Thexan, which means that Arcann has felt (emotionally) homeless for a long time until he joins the PC/the Alliance.

I think his relationship with Vaylin is far too fraught and dysfunctional for them to feel at home in each other's presence. Some of the things he says to her ("I freed you from his control - I hoped that earned your... support") indicate to me that Arcann would like a closer relationship with Vaylin, but doesn't know how to establish it. I don't think he understands her very well at all, actually. She also indicates that Thexan was the brother she felt close to.

I think of Arcann as the kind of character who has always longed for a sense of belonging - maybe even someone to belong to in the sense of accepting him and caring for him. I like to think he finally found it with our PC :)

If I had to put Arcann on a theoretical power scale I'd say he's up there with Windu and Dooku in terms of raw ability. That said, in certain areas he lacks refinement. It's not a put-down. Combatively he's brilliant, however subtlety and situational awareness isn't his strong-suit in KOTFE.

I think there's a lot of evidence for that assessment in the battles with him. I'm thinking specifically of the fight on Asylum where you can use those power cables to fry his arm. I wish they'd done something like in the final battle on the flagship instead of that weird shield that someone apparently just left lying around for the PC to pick up.

Yeah, I didn't mean to try to make a competition of sorts. I just wanted to bring up the fact that Valkorion was interested in our characters "all those years" and we "held his attention" ...over someone just as powerful = his son. I was simply curious about Valkorion's motivation for all of this. It isn't a competition, I agree. I also did want to point out that Valkorion's influence is the only reason our character wasn't killed by Arcann, as well.

Interestingly enough, Senya "defeated" Vaylin on Asylum... I don't believe for a second, however, that either of them truly wanted to kill each other, even Vaylin. I do believe that Arcann and our players DID want to kill each other. The only thing keeping us from being rekt by Arcann was Valkorion.

IYou're very welcome! :) I think home is more a matter of who than where to Arcann, as well. I'd guess the only person who ever felt like home growing up was Thexan, which means that Arcann has felt (emotionally) homeless for a long time until he joins the PC/the Alliance.

I absolutely ADORE what you wrote here. I completely concur. I love that we got to see Senya and Arcann rebuilding and establishing a strong bond, as well. The last time Arcann saw Senya previously was when he was still growing up, perhaps ~15 years had past?! I absolutely adore Senya and love the fact that the devs made her such a sensible and powerful force user.

I think his relationship with Vaylin is far too fraught and dysfunctional for them to feel at home in each other's presence. Some of the things he says to her ("I freed you from his control - I hoped that earned your... support") indicate to me that Arcann would like a closer relationship with Vaylin, but doesn't know how to establish it. I don't think he understands her very well at all, actually. She also indicates that Thexan was the brother she felt close to.

Vaylin was absolutely trying to manipulate and emotionally screw with Arcann with the twisted things she'd say and do. Remember the conversation with Arcann where Vaylin she casually dropped the fact that she told Senya during their fight on Asylum that Arcann had murdered Thexan? Yikes. The time she mentioned that Thexan was her favorite brother was pretty sad too. Since Arcann was still always looking for approval from people, he was hurt by what she said but instead tried to remind her of the nice things he did for her. :(

I think of Arcann as the kind of character who has always longed for a sense of belonging - maybe even someone to belong to in the sense of accepting him and caring for him. I like to think he finally found it with our PC :)

Oh man, I agree! My characters absolutely wouldn't do anything to betray his trust. I just hope everything works out okay

on Elom! All of my characters sent him there!

I do believe that Arcann and our players DID want to kill each other. The only thing keeping us from being rekt by Arcann was Valkorion.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but again I don't think the Asylum Fight indicates just how 'powerful' either PC or Arcann is. Losing a fight isn't always about being stronger or even more skilled than the opponent. Remember Jedi/Sith/Force Users, can be killed by droids, blasters, getting shoved out windows... Just because Arcann 'landed a killing blow' doesn't mean he's exceptional.

PS. He is exceptional I just don't think fighting him proves it.

Valkorian did keep PC alive but he would have done that if a droid was fighting PC. It really had nothing to do with Arcann.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but again I don't think the Asylum Fight indicates just how 'powerful' either PC or Arcann is. Losing a fight isn't always about being stronger or even more skilled than the opponent. Remember Jedi/Sith/Force Users, can be killed by droids, blasters, getting shoved out windows... Just because Arcann 'landed a killing blow' doesn't mean he's exceptional.

PS. He is exceptional I just don't think fighting him proves it.

Valkorian did keep PC alive but he would have done that if a droid was fighting PC. It really had nothing to do with Arcann.

I didn't say that Arcann was more powerful based on the Asylum fight. I am referring to the fight on his flagship where Valkorion saves us by shielding Arcann's attack. If Valkorion didn't do that, we would have been defeated. That's all I'm saying.

I don't remember getting nearly offed on the Flagship only Asylum. I'm leveling my renown on my SW so I know what I'm doing tonight.:D

I believe that, regardless of any of our player choices, Arcann is more powerful than all of our possible characters (all of our possible backgrounds)[/i]]

Added the color for emphases. I think depending on how you play this can be true, however 'more power' isn't the defining factor in a fight.

Edited by JakRoanin

I don't remember getting nearly offed on the Flagship only Asylum. I'm leveling my renown on my SW so I know what I'm doing tonight.:D

Added the color for emphases. I think depending on how you play this can be true, however 'more power' isn't the defining factor in a fight.

When you confront him and have an initial conversation with him on the flagship, he uses the force to push your character to the ground and then tries to hit you with his lightsaber but is stopped by the same bubble shield that protected Valkorion from him in chapter 2. All of this during a cutscene before you fight.

Oh ok well to me that wasn't a part of the real fight. Nor a definitive demonstration of power by either PC or Arcann. It does prove Arcann knows more about Valkorian than PC does, (as the game idiotically insists you believe he's gone from PC.) Arcann isn't trying to kill PC then he's trying to get Valkorian to manifest.

Oh ok well to me that wasn't a part of the real fight. Nor a definitive demonstration of power by either PC or Arcann. It does prove Arcann knows more about Valkorian than PC does, (as the game idiotically insists you believe he's gone from PC.) Arcann isn't trying to kill PC then he's trying to get Valkorian to manifest.

Agree to disagree. /shrug

Agree to disagree. /shrug

Please don't think I'm saying you're wrong. I certainly believe you have a valid and intriguing interpretation. Anyone can play that scene believing that Arcann is either more powerful, less powerful, or weaker than PC. That's the fun of an RPG.