Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

I really have to get some SW shirts too. Only SW "geek" stuff that I own are some sideshow collectible figures (clone troopers + Jango Fett and soon Luke) and Darth Malgus from the Swtor collections edition.

I cannot could everything we have, but we do have a few figures including Malgus, and several good quality lightsabers. The fandom is strong with this family. :D

So regarding Arcann - I was wondering about his mask. Especially the part that covers the eye - do you think he has some kind of build in features there like zoom?

Do you think he only takes off the mask for eating and cleaning/take a shower? Maybe sleeping? He seems to wear it even when he is alone (or only with Vaylin) in the throne room.

I would think so yes, he would only remove it for eating, cleaning, sleeping. I believe that he is ashamed with his scars. They show that he has been weak.

On my side, I have been wondering about the outfit colours that they had chosen for Thexan and Arcann. Logically, if they had followed the classic use of colours, we could have expected Arcann to be the one in black, couldn't we?

On my side, I have been wondering about the outfit colours that they had chosen for Thexan and Arcann. Logically, if they had followed the classic use of colours, we could have expected Arcann to be the one in black, couldn't we?

I would looooove to see the design notes.

I am not an expert, but IIRC in Asia white is a color of death. I noticed that sometimes it is used to represent zealotry and narrow-minded madness. Can be connected to all that Yin/Yang stuff – neither is inherently evil (or good), but then one becomes unbalanced... oh boy, run for cover.

White also dirties easily. Sorta fitting.

Edit: Or different colors was used so servants could distinguish twins (not that it was helping then boys were small :p).

Edited by RandomName_Ru

New chapter! About Arcann's reaction to the scar he gave the outlander on Asylum. Not my best work, admittedly, and super angsty, but I hope you will enjoy it all the same :)

https://archiveofourown.org/works/14077602/chapters/32599914

Oh thank you so much! I love it, I really can't get enough to read about them and it is very well written (as always).

Not sure what to ask for next, but to be honest, they could go out in the woods and pick flowers and I am sure you would find a way to make it interesting to read :)

I am not an expert, but IIRC in Asia white is a color of death. I noticed that sometimes it is used to represent zealotry and narrow-minded madness. Can be connected to all that Yin/Yang stuff – neither is inherently evil (or good), but then one becomes unbalanced... oh boy, run for cover.

Edit: Or different colors was used so servants could distinguish twins (not that it was helping then boys were small :p).

Valkorion is wearing mostly white too and Vaylin black. I don't think evil/good really fits here but I agree it was for the twins used to distinguish them. Just watched the trailer again - they have black/white clothing even as children. So the audience can see that it is always the white one who is getting angry :)

Valkorion is wearing mostly white too and Vaylin black. I don't think evil/good really fits here but I agree it was for the twins used to distinguish them. Just watched the trailer again - they have black/white clothing even as children. So the audience can see that it is always the white one who is getting angry :)

Something I read somewhere, developer blog I think?, mentioned that Thexan and Arcann swapped outfits now and then as kids so the guards confused which was which. So was likely a way to tell the identical twins apart.

Edited by Asmodesu

White is a colour of mourning. But unless you are deeply superstitious, the colour symbolism generally meant nothing (as long as its not red.).

Upon close inspection, Thexan have darker shade of hair than Arcann who is blonde.

I am not really seeing that Arcann has blond hair or Thexan darker hair than Arcann. I think both have dark hair, rather short though.

I finally did it - my Jedi Knight has found her love.

I am not really seeing that Arcann has blond hair or Thexan darker hair than Arcann. I think both have dark hair, rather short though.

I finally did it - my Jedi Knight has found her love.

In the "Sacrifice" trailer, when they're kids, you can see that Thexan's hair is darker than Arcann's.

Your JK is wearing the same outfit as mine, mine is dark grey though

Or they simply (developers, of course) want Arcann to wear white while being redeemed and planned this well in advance.

New chapter! About Arcann's reaction to the scar he gave the outlander on Asylum. Not my best work, admittedly, and super angsty, but I hope you will enjoy it all the same :)

I like it. You are prolific. :-)

What is your native language?

I am 10 pages into my next text but not done yet. That one is not easy to write.

Edited by Iheaca

Oh thank you so much! I love it, I really can't get enough to read about them and it is very well written (as always).

Not sure what to ask for next, but to be honest, they could go out in the woods and pick flowers and I am sure you would find a way to make it interesting to read :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I have been toying with a few ideas myself. I'll try to write them and then see if they are worth posting :)

Nice read, as always.

Thank you :)

I like it. You are prolific. :-)

What is your native language?

I am 10 pages into my next text but not done yet. That one is not easy to write.

Thank you so much. My native language is Danish of all things, but I always write in English when its fanfiction or my own work (my job being the only exception).

Continuation of a story! I really enjoyed reading about the feelings of your characters, watching the development of their relationship. I do not have enough of such a relationship between the PC and Arcann in the game.

Haters?

Yeah, everyone with a different opinion is automatically a hater.

No, you're grown adults. There are no haters, there are only people who find you irritating.

In case of Arcann, awesome, let's romance ANOTHER badly written *****tain of a character. Wooooo! it's all they can produce these days.

"Haters keep out" is the chosen method of this forum to communicate "this thread is mainly meant for people who like this character". If you dislike the wording, you may want to have a chat with most of the companion fan threads.

Haters?

No, you're grown adults. There are no haters, there are only people who find you irritating.

In case of Arcann, awesome, let's romance ANOTHER badly written *****tain of a character. Wooooo! it's all they can produce these days.

We know people with different opinions aren't haters, it's just the easiest way to avoid confusion in terms of what is being discussed here. :) It's quite effective.

Haters?

You have seen there are like at least 10 of these types of threads right?

I score this: 2/10 on the trolling scale - only because of the passion. Try again, if you hit 10/10 there is a special prize for you! :D

I'm not saying its stuffed Arcann plushie, but well... it is!

Edited by Cowoline

Haters?

Hello Mr. Diefenbaker.

Yeah, I guess that Eshvara could have written "people who do not want to come and speak in a nice way here, whatever your opinion, keep out", but that would have been too long for a title.

You know, I think that people who do not like it or would like to see something else in the game are very welcome here as long as they do not come here just for complaining and saying that BW has done some very bad work on this. In fact, even though there are plenty of different opinions (we globally love Arcann but some would sacrifice him to get Vaylin instead :D) among the people who have been dwelling here these last weeks, I think that all have agreed to discuss it in a friendly manner and have fun with the others.

You are welcome to stay I guess, but then please, abide to the rules.

Candies, butterflies and happiness. And Happy Easter to you. :D

Edited by Iheaca