Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!! OH MY GOD, HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO HIM!

Can't stop laughing.

In the 18th century with such a wig Arcann would be popular.

He immediately became much more solid.:p

I am starting to think we might need to get some kind of NSFW warning in the thread title....

New chapter fellow Arcanites. As requested, this chapter is about how different Alliance members react.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/14077602/chapters/32507094

If you have any more suggestions, they will be more than welcome :)

Thank you - I really enjoyed reading it! And it really felt in character (in my opinion) for the NPCs.

Unfortunately we never see a reaction from Koth when Arcann joins the alliance. I think he might even try to kill Arcann and leave the alliance in this case.

If you like further suggestions - what about if Arcann sees the first time the scar from where he stabbed her? Of course provided that happened in the story.

Edited by Cawyden

I can read almost any kind of fic: except explicit private times stuff, I cannot read that kind. And first person tone (usage of I, me - to be fair I struggle reading any form of fiction/novel that is using first person right through).

It's more I usually don't read stuff that's also about what I'm writing, which is why I'm fine reading Arcann fics, I'm nowhere near writing with him yet outside the one scene I wrote almost a year ago now. So it's been fun to read ones linked in this thread xD

I like getting sentence structure (for dialogues, the common theme is spreading it out with spaces between spoken lines etc that I find hard to read but it's the in-thing so learning how that's structured) and story tone ideas from others' writing styles, but for seeing other people's views of a character I prefer discussions more then reading fic since others will have noticed things in a different way then I do.

I've loved this thread for that, since we've not only discussed Arcann but many other things too xD, there's far less drama/insults when someone disagrees on one thing, from both sides lol.

I am not a fan of first person view either - if it is a single page like for example in the Dark Elf books where you have before a chapter starts a first person view from Drizzt Do'Urden it is ok I think.

I think first person view can be nice to get some more insight into a single persons feelings/thoughts. But you have a very limited viewpoint there as well. I think you need a very interesting main character and a very good way to describe things to make it not boring. If you have a narrator you likely get additional information about what is happening at the same time to other characters for example. So more diversity. In my opinion.

Edited by Cawyden

I am not a fan of first person view either - if it is a single page like for example in the Dark Elf books where you have before a chapter starts a first person view from Drizzt Do'Urden it is ok I think.

I think first person view can be nice to get some more insight into a single persons feelings/thoughts. But you have a very limited viewpoint there as well. I think you need a very interesting main character and a very good way to describe things to make it not boring. If you have a narrator you likely get additional information about what is happening at the same time to other characters for example. So more diversity. In my opinion.

Me neither.

And you sum up perfectly well why I also prefer the 3rd person narrative.

I have more trouble with present tense than first person POVs. i.e: Divergent etc. But I especially hate it when there's dozen characters with first POVs in one story and all of them have the same voices. Then again, I rarely read fanfics, so no comments on that.

All I want now is one more "go bowling with republic or Imperial soldiers" scene. Like that one in SW story xD let me use the force more if I'm on a character who can!

edit: the pictures, if there's no scarring it's not Arcann! so.. in-game pixels it is, lol

Edited by Asmodesu

All I want now is one more "go bowling with republic or Imperial soldiers" scene. Like that one in SW story xD let me use the force more if I'm on a character who can!

edit: the pictures, if there's no scarring it's not Arcann! so.. in-game pixels it is, lol

That would be great but I guess it is too much to ask for as they have to do different animations then for all other classes. But even such small differences between the classes and class stories would help to make replaying the unified story more enjoyable.

@Esh: what happened to your avatar pic?

Edited by Cawyden

That would be great but I guess it is too much to ask for as they have to do different animations then for all other classes. But even such small differences between the classes and class stories would help to make replaying the unified story more enjoyable.

@Esh: what happened to your avatar pic?

Yeah :( I think we got one force choke and one failed force persuade attempt through all 25 chapters plus Iokath?

There is a ton of dialogue differences etc for each class, or force vs non-force but in-cutscenes there's almost no differences, which is a huge shame.

It is quiet here today. Hello from work wearing one of my prefered Star Wars t-shirt. :p

I am posting during my lunch break and then I am off working again. Which shirt? Do you have pictures? I must confess I don't have a SW shirt yet but I was thinking about getting one.

I am posting during my lunch break and then I am off working again. Which shirt? Do you have pictures? I must confess I don't have a SW shirt yet but I was thinking about getting one.

There: https://imgur.com/a/bK6TE

The glittery one is the one I am wearing today. But I think that they are both Park's exclusives.

I was the only one in the family who did not have any shirt so far. I had to solve that and got a few. :p But we have much more SW geek stuff. :D

Edited by Iheaca

Get inside her twice a day and take her to heaven and back :D

The perspective seems quite acceptable. :D

The poor guy needs means to help extinguish his fire and prevent him to go back to the dark side anyway. My PC will be glad to help... In a totally therapeutic and selfless goal of course.

Edited by Iheaca

There: https://imgur.com/a/bK6TE

The glittery one is the one I am wearing today. But I think that they are both Park's exclusives.

I was the only one in the family who did not have any shirt so far. I had to solve that and got a few. :p But we have much more SW geek stuff. :D

Thank you! Nice shirts :)

I really have to get some SW shirts too. Only SW "geek" stuff that I own are some sideshow collectible figures (clone troopers + Jango Fett and soon Luke) and Darth Malgus from the Swtor collections edition.

So regarding Arcann - I was wondering about his mask. Especially the part that covers the eye - do you think he has some kind of build in features there like zoom?

Do you think he only takes off the mask for eating and cleaning/take a shower? Maybe sleeping? He seems to wear it even when he is alone (or only with Vaylin) in the throne room.