The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

• 1 month later...
Found myself thinking about 6.0 today, been trying to get myself excited for it but the thought that Theron as well as so many other LI's possibly not getting any dialogue or a place in the story just sucks out any excitement from me for it. Companion and LI interactions/dialogue/story has always been a huge part of my game enjoyment. Any one else feeling similar? Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Found myself thinking about 6.0 today, been trying to get myself excited for it but the thought that Theron as well as so many other LI's possibly not getting any dialogue or a place in the story just sucks out any excitement from me for it. Companion and LI interactions/dialogue/story has always been a huge part of my game enjoyment. Any one else feeling similar?

I feel quite the same way.

We don't know if we'll get anything from any other LI than Lana, and while it's good for people romancing her, i don't care myself about romancing her. I don't care about potentially romancing either Anri or Tau either, and even Jonas who i was looking forward to romancing on at least 1 of my characters if given the opportunity, i end up not caring either. I actually don't care about new romances that will end up the same way as the old ones anyways, especially if that means we'll never get anything from the other LIs as I already have the romances I like for most of my main characters (Theron for my JK, Aric for my Trooper, Arcann for my SW, Torian for my BH, Vector for my IA) :(

And we don't know either if we'll trully be able to keep the Alliance as an independant small faction that is just allied to one of the bigger factions.

Companions, and especially LIs are as integral to my enjoyement of this game as the story itself, and the Alliance is also a part of it, without that, i would probably not care about the game anymore.

So it's pretty hard to get exited about what's to come...

I swear if in 6.0 Lana is still hovering around and taking Therons screentime on my toons that romanced him i am not paying a single penny for this company anymore even that 6.0 would have 8 new classes with class stories reaching from 1-70, flying monkeys going around Coruscant dropping credits and cartel coins on me and Keith making conference calls to sing us to sleep at night.

Not because "Oh more Theron" but because how it was handled in start of Ossus just absolutely made no sense and broke the hole character/companion (not just romance point of view but) working relationship that it has been building ever since prelude to Shadow of Revan. What is the point of making choices, choosing sides and choosing who you romance when all you get in the end is some tiresome sithlord explaining you how to do things you and your companion have been doing without her and better than her all their lives.:mad:

This worried me a bit - from the patch notes:

Theron Shan will no longer show as available for players who exiled or killed him
I can't leave Theron to die - not even on my dark siths - I did watch the youtube to test my own theory on what happens. I had hoped Theron being left for dead (since we don't see him actually die) meant he'd be saved and appear in any future story (6.0) for everyone. Unless Eric's patch notes are a slip up, it seems Theron will end up a "no-be" like the other companions who had an actual kill option. Thoughts? Edited by Sarova

I can't leave Theron to die - not even on my dark siths - I did watch the youtube to test my own theory on what happens. I had hoped Theron being left for dead (since we don't see him actually die) meant he'd be saved and appear in any future story (6.0) for everyone. Unless Eric's patch notes are a slip up, it seems Theron will end up a "no-be" like the other companions who had an actual kill option. Thoughts?

Well there it is, confirmation he can be "officially" killed off and we all know what happens to characters when they can be killed off in the game now. :mad:

If he can be officially killed off there goes any real story/interaction with him the future I believe now unfortunately. Hope I'm not being too much of a downer but I feel any hope we had for him in the future story wise has just been taken away. :(

I can't leave Theron to die - not even on my dark siths - I did watch the youtube to test my own theory on what happens. I had hoped Theron being left for dead (since we don't see him actually die) meant he'd be saved and appear in any future story (6.0) for everyone. Unless Eric's patch notes are a slip up, it seems Theron will end up a "no-be" like the other companions who had an actual kill option. Thoughts?

I feel your pain and trepidation, however, as soon as they started 'killing' off companions, it pretty much was a death knell for future interaction with Love Interest companions. It's likely a financial decision, which I understand, but taking away an integral part of the game that sets it apart, does not bode well. SWTOR seems to be headed toward the path of every other MMO out there. A hack and slash quest fest, with PVP and an occasional OP on the side. It's a shame and I hope I'm wrong.

Well, that's what we all feared since he became killable.

Seriously if the only LIs who get anything are Lana and the potential new ones but they completely forget about all the others, i'll have little to no interest in playing the next storyline... Most of my mains don't even make sense in JUS, the only character i'm really eventually interest to continue the story with is my JK romancing Theron, if i never see him again, that will feel really, really lonely :(

It's likely a financial decision, which I understand, but taking away an integral part of the game that sets it apart, does not bode well. SWTOR seems to be headed toward the path of every other MMO out there. A hack and slash quest fest, with PVP and an occasional OP on the side. It's a shame and I hope I'm wrong.

I too can understand them making decisions about companions based on budget, however it would be nice if they were honest about this so we know what to expect and can decide whether the game is still for us. It's the lack of clarity that annoys me. I would rather they were clear on which companions were finished for good and will have no future part in the game. Theron is one of the few companions I really like in this game. If they admit to removing him from future content it would make my decision on whether to continue to sub/play a lot easier.

Just want to point out here that Charles had already confirmed before that for those who killed Theron he will be dead.

"I have absolutely no plans to bring Theron back for players who chose to kill him on Nathema. If you killed him, he's dead."

However he has said also on several occasions that this does not mean he will disappear from the story for people who kept him.For example here

Now i do totally get disbielief on the issue if this is just talk or is he gonna really follow his promise (especially after having Lana at the start of Ossus instead of Theron on SIS matters etc.), but how about instead of giving up to "he will never be part of story now" we would stand up and demand him to keep his promise and stand behind his words? Anyone got some mats to make big angry signs and vuvuzelas? I bring the torches for the march.:D

Edited by Noerra
typo

Now i do totally get disbielief on the issue if this is just talk or is he gonna really follow his promise (especially after having Lana at the start of Ossus instead of Theron on SIS matters etc.), but how about instead of giving up to "he will never be part of story now" we would stand up and demand him to keep his promise and stand behind his words? Anyone got some mats to make big angry signs and vuvuzelas? I bring the torches for the march.:D

I was so disappointed that i had to go on a walk in the woods with Lana to watch waterfalls under the sunset, to tell her for the 3rd time that i wanted to side with the Republic while all this would've made much more sense on my JK with Theron who she's romancing and who should've been the one contacting Jonas.

So i'd really appreciate if they could include Theron instead of Lana when he makes more sense than her :(

I was so disappointed that i had to go on a walk in the woods with Lana to watch waterfalls under the sunset, to tell her for the 3rd time that i wanted to side with the Republic while all this would've made much more sense on my JK with Theron who she's romancing and who should've been the one contacting Jonas.

So i'd really appreciate if they could include Theron instead of Lana when he makes more sense than her :(

This exactly! For me it was not just badly made but also insulting. For example my trooper had been working with SIS and Jonas trough whole class story. Then started to work with Theron at prelude, Lana hopping in later in Manaan. Lana was always the third wheel. Trough SOR my trooper was even able to talk with Theron about Lana not being trustworthy but keeping her around just cause we need her atm.

From that point of view, when starting Ossus having Lana being one to talk about who to choose (with Theron not even being there as third person at all) and having actually HER to tell she will contact HER contacts in SIS. That infuriated me totally! It just ignored all my characters history and earlier choises like they never happened and i would understand it if it would be written by someone who has not written or even played anything before that moment in the game. But actually having Charles in lead who wrote the trooper story i just don't understand how he lets this kind of crap to go trough.:mad:

Edited by Noerra

I take the 'just because they're dead for some doesn't mean they won't get future content for those who left them alive' with a grain of salt, because I mean, you only need to look at Nathema and the severe lack of content for Koth when his baby got blown up, to realize that it's a bunch of bull.

Add in the fact that Lana is the one who contacts the SIS for us (and that she deliberately kept them trying to contact us hidden) instead of Theron, and that Theron got just a hug whilst Lana got the romantic sunset walk - we can easily figure that Theron likely won't get much, if anything going forward. :( They'll likely throw everything at the new companions because they are currently alive for everyone (outside of Malora, but she felt very introduced just to be thrown away, anyway.)

It sucks because that's pretty much all four m/m options bricked at this point because they've all had kill (or bury in lava) options.

I take the 'just because they're dead for some doesn't mean they won't get future content for those who left them alive' with a grain of salt, because I mean, you only need to look at Nathema and the severe lack of content for Koth when his baby got blown up, to realize that it's a bunch of bull.

Add in the fact that Lana is the one who contacts the SIS for us (and that she deliberately kept them trying to contact us hidden) instead of Theron, and that Theron got just a hug whilst Lana got the romantic sunset walk - we can easily figure that Theron likely won't get much, if anything going forward. :( They'll likely throw everything at the new companions because they are currently alive for everyone (outside of Malora, but she felt very introduced just to be thrown away, anyway.)

It sucks because that's pretty much all four m/m options bricked at this point because they've all had kill (or bury in lava) options.

Pretty much all of this :(

Koth being nowhere during the cutscenes with the Gravestone, and character romancing him having nothing after that where they could share that they're juste happy that the other one is alright was really disappointing.

And Lana contacting the SIS while Theron's still in the Alliance and even more so when he's the Commander's lover makes no sense especially when Lana is hiding that the SIS tried to contact us...

While i somehow liked Tau and Anri, i just don't care at all about romancing any of them...

And the male LI/female PC romance are not that much better than the M/M options, as most of them have a kill option too, except Andronikos, Corso, Vector and Doc, who are pretty much all class specific anyways, so pretty much as good as dead considering they don't exist outside of their class.

Cytharat was by far my fav M/M option, and it was really sad that they tossed him away so fast, he looked great with a SI :(

The only LI who looks ok right now is Lana actually... So if you're not romancing her, too bad for you it seems...

Hey farferello!! XD.

And yeah that patch note made me shake, I’m trying to not think too much about it but I can’t help it. The other reddit post someone shared above doesn’t help me either. Seems like they are reading feedback on bricking Theron and Lana in the first place. I’ll be happy with at least one good Theron scene next story. Just one, all I ask.

While i somehow liked Tau and Anri, i just don't care at all about romancing any of them...

Agree, I really enjoyed both characters but I don't think I'd romance either of them with any of my alts. I wonder if they'll be the next new big companions going into the 6.0 story or if we'll introduced to even more.

I understand them wanting to cut costs and that continuing to have 8 full crews of companions all be a part of the story is unreasonable, I get it. The problem is that they went to the extreme. It wouldn't be so bad if they pulled a companion or two from each crew and made a new permanent crew, maybe with other former crewmembers making occasional appearances as secondary characters that are not party members. Sure we'd still be losing some of the companions we love and some of our characters wouldn't have their love interest anymore and TBH I'd probably abandon those particular characters but at least it would be better than what we have now. What we have now is the Lana Variety Hour. Lana is my most hated companion out of any of the class stories or expansions and she's the one and ONLY companion left whether we like it or not. She gets all the interactions, all the screen time, all the romance scenes, all the story involvement (even when it makes no sense like with the Jonas and the SIS). That creepy, clingy Stepford wife constantly being shoved in my face makes me want to scream! Not only is she insufferable but she's a reminder of all the far superior companions she replaced.

I believe the only reason Theron got any content at all in this last update was to fool us into complacency thinking these "brickings" will not continue but I believe what's actually happening is that he's being phased out so we wont notice when he disappears for good. We were all looking out for it after Nathema and would have immediately noticed if they hadn't thrown us some crumbs. It's like the frog being slowly boiled in the pot. If you throw the frog in boiling water it will immediately jump out but if you put it in cold water and slowly bring it to a boil it wont notice anything is wrong until it's too late. I think we might see one or two short interactions with Theron at most and then he'll be added to the corpse pile with every other killable companion and 2 minute alliance alert return.

I believe the only reason Theron got any content at all in this last update was to fool us into complacency thinking these "brickings" will not continue but I believe what's actually happening is that he's being phased out so we wont notice when he disappears for good. We were all looking out for it after Nathema and would have immediately noticed if they hadn't thrown us some crumbs. It's like the frog being slowly boiled in the pot. If you throw the frog in boiling water it will immediately jump out but if you put it in cold water and slowly bring it to a boil it wont notice anything is wrong until it's too late. I think we might see one or two short interactions with Theron at most and then he'll be added to the corpse pile with every other killable companion and 2 minute alliance alert return.

That's how i see it too.

A few scenes here and there untill he fully disapear for good, never to be seen again.

That's exactly what they did with Aric, Torian and Koth during the end of KOTFE and the entirety of KOTET after they got their kill option (i guess it was the same for Kaliyo and Vette, but as i did not romance any of them, i can't tell), we saw them stand in the background they had a couple romance cutscenes and then they just vanished.

No doubt Arcann and Theron will be no different, and we will be left with only Lana and the potential new LIs... :(

Edited by Goreshaga

That's how i see it too.

A few scenes here and there untill he fully disapear for good, never to be seen again.

That's exactly what they did with Aric, Torian and Koth during the end of KOTFE and the entirety of KOTET after they got their kill option (i guess it was the same for Kaliyo and Vette, but as i did not romance any of them, i can't tell), we saw them stand in the background they had a couple romance cutscenes and then they just vanished.

No doubt Arcann and Theron will be no different, and we will be left with only Lana and the potential new LIs... :(

What potential new love interests?

That really pisses me off :mad:

Me too, because most of my characters already have a nice romantic relationship with someone, and none of them with Lana actually, i'm really not interested in romancing her (well, i had 1 but i deleted her because i needed space to roll a new character, and she broke up with Lana before i deleted her anyways)

And i'm not interested in new romances either, as i don't intend to break up with my character's LIs

Edited by Goreshaga

That really pisses me off :mad:

And me as well.

I am actually angrier about Theron than other LIs (that i do care as well). Reason for that is that he sort of came same time as Lana as "new dude". While i don't like at all that old ones are phased out, phasing Theron out makes me more angry because Lana is still there, so should Theron. I don't know if i make lot of sense but i think from point of view them sort of giving us Lana and Theron to replace old comps, so if they are crapping all over old ones they should at least keep both "replacements" in the game.

So, if anyone can still keep up with my reasoning, taking away all but one of the "replacements" makes me distrust them also with future "new companions" because obviously they will not stick either.

Plus, on my point of view, there is NO new interesting LIs available for me in new content. I make female characters who romance male npc's and for such, there is nothing there. (Don't even try to say that tea dude...) All available is several LIs for men and some girl to girl action.:mad: Almost like some teenage boys dreamworld.

So once again i ask, who is ready for the big protest parade:D