The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

To me, Theron's awkwardness isn't shyness, it's an unconscious fear of rejection that dogs him. His mother chose the Jedi way over him, his dad isn't much better because he wants another super-soldier as his legacy. He was rejected by the Jedi because he isn't FS. He gets bounced around by the Republic, and he's desperate to belong. So, talking about feelings, and dealing with other people who can reject him again, is the worst thing that can happen to him. Hence when he tries to socialize it's painful for him.

Awesome description!

I wish they would do some more letters. It would really add to each of the romances, and, presumably, not use many resources. I also hope they'll beef up the Arcann romance (and make it so you can change his armour) but somehow I doubt it.

Agreed fully. Whoever writes the romance letters does a fantastic job, they always feel very in character.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Curious as to who kept Theron's new haircut (under cover hairstyle) after Nathema. I recently finished the story line on my BH who actually really digs Theron's new cut and am keeping that customization. On the other hand my SI couldn't stand it. :p

I'm a bit torn on this, i don't really like the haircut, but his face looks more detailed with the customization, like the scars around his cybernetics.

For now i've kept it, i'll see later if i really can't stand it or not.

Curious as to who kept Theron's new haircut (under cover hairstyle) after Nathema. I recently finished the story line on my BH who actually really digs Theron's new cut and am keeping that customization. On the other hand my SI couldn't stand it. :p

I got rid of it the moment I could. I didn't like it at all.

I kept it on my SW just so that I didn't have a bunch of carbon copy Therons running around. My others instantly ditched it. Every time I play my SW it's a bit of a shock, lol.

Lol that "my head got run over by a lawnmower" haircut and ugly grey outfit went straight into the trash the very second it let me do so. They never explained what the point of it was, we never get to comment on it (neither does any character) it must have been put there to troll me with its hideousness, that's the only explanation! I wish it let us play the "traitor" parts over again after finishing them so I could just replay Copero and Nathema without the stupid hair and therefore erase it from existence.

I think of two characters that I bothered to finish the flashpoints with- 1 has Theron with old hairstyle, 1 has Theron with "new" . I'm too bitter and jaded to really care about it anymore, far more concerning things for me to focus on now in-game xD

I need some serious motivation If I'm going to go through KOTFE/ET again.

Perhaps you could just do KOTFE chapters 1-9, start the official romance with him in the Odesson cantina scene and skip straight to Iokath and then onto the Umbara FP? If you just want to get into the Traitor Arc and have him propose at the end of it.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Just made a new Zabrak Knight ... :eek: ... I'm thinking of romancing Theron on him ... assuming I can find the motivation to go through kotfe / et again .... so many skytroopers!

Should have made a consular so you could stealth past some of them lol

Soooooo I just played the Theron romance for the first time (was very sweet), ended it at the conclusion of Nathema, and have been added to the huge pile of many people affected by various Things Left Unsaid bugs. :(

My operative believed in Theron all the way to the end of the Nathema conspiracy, took him back into the Alliance, but broke up with him. After finishing Theron's romance, she completed Vector's alert and took him back romantically. However, after breaking up with Theron but before beginning the Vector alert, Theron's contact page said: "With the return of your former romance, you and Theron have decided to end your relationship." And after the Vector alert I got the Theron breakup quest and cutscene, even though she and Theron had broken up already. I literally timed all this so the break-up made in-character sense and I wouldn't get the scene where we see Theron sad that she picked someone else over him. And the game ruined my plan. Is this setup just incredibly bugged? I guess I should be grateful that I didn't get an uncompletable mission like some people, but I just feel peeved that my carefully orchestrated timing didn't work perfectly.

Incidentally, while OOC my reason was absolutely timing to avoid the non-Nathema break-up scene, I wouldn't have set it up that way without an IC reason. My operative is a Republic double agent. As someone who has SIS history, she felt Theron should've found a way to clue her into what he was doing and trusted her to act like his treachery was real. She's been living a double life for years; she can fake pretty much anything. She always thought the way Lana treated Theron on Rishi was disrespectful of an intelligence operative, so to be on the receiving end of similar treatment after defending him at that time was just too much for the relationship. (I find it interesting that the parallel that helped to reconcile Lana and Theron drove Theron and my operative apart.) Theron's wish that she'd give him another chance made me sad not to say yes, but I never would've started the relationship in the first place without a plausible reason to end it before Vector's return. I really have to take new characters with no class romances through the Lana and Theron show, just for their romances, because I cannot dump the class romances after they mourned and lost us for years.

OOC, btw, I don't blame Theron for not trusting my SIS agent but the writing for making him that way. (Not that Theron exists apart from the writing, but I think you know what I mean. Established characters can have writing added to them that doesn't fully make sense with how they were before.) Even if Gemini 16 had them under constant surveillance, two people extremely skilled in subterfuge could work around that. Especially if they were in an intimate relationship; there would be plenty of codes they could use to communicate with each other in ways not obvious to anyone watching or listening (e.g. Star Wars equivalent of morse code, silently and invisibly tapped as they hold hands under the blankets). If Gemini's level of surveillance was absolutely all-seeing - and all-knowing of all possible codes Theron might use with anyone - then he never should've been able to get a message out to the Alliance or Lana as he did during the story. Buuuuuut I appreciate that BW can't write a whole different story just for agents romancing Theron, lol.

Edited by Estelindis

I'm romancing Theron on a LS Cyborg Fem BH and I LOVE it. As always, I created an insanely detailed backstory for Kalki-Sati Johar, and IMVHO she blends with our Secret Agent Man beautifully.

First off... I was determined that I didn't want an FS character with Theron. I get the sense that deep down he thinks the Force sort of messed up where he's concerned. His mother being one of the most powerful Force Sensitives in galactic history, and it doesn't pass to him is already a blow, but to be raised as a Jedi until his mid-teens and then having to leave just ouch! I wanted to make sure that the pairing would be completely equal.

Second... I honestly thought I'd hate playing BH because all the runs I saw on YouTube pointed to a "Kill Everything" playstyle that I loath but as I cannot stand Fem Smuggler's voice, (too much Lil and Phil in it) BH was my better option. Also when I started playing I realized that it was a lot more leeway then I saw in run-throughs. I've also always loved Mandalorian culture.

Third... I knew that I wanted my BH to have at least as messed up as his. So, I cooked up her background to be the illegitimate daughter of a Grand Moff, and a "lady of the night" from Lothal. She grew up on Sleheyron, with her mother alternately neglecting the her, or abusing her, to the point where she gets hearing implants. Mom was ticked off that her baby daddy wouldn't claim and pay for his daughter. In her mid-teens she discovers her calling after one of mom's "callers" got fresh with her. She shot him in the knees and decides she to make money by shooting scum and collecting bounties!

Fourth... She is truly Mandalorian. Kalki-Sati has no use for the Empire other then their credits. She doesn't loath the Republic, but sees the bad along with the good. She joined the Mandalorians because she's been desperate for family, for loyalty, and to be respected and valued for herself. Also, Resol'nare has given her purpose beyond survival and never being in poverty again.

Fifth... When she meets Theron she sees a fellow misfit, but wants him to be grateful to the fact that his messed up parentage didn't include the horror of hers. She respects that he forged his own path, he'll stand up to Chancellors, Grand Masters and Sith Lords with ease. He may not wear Beskar, but he's as bold and brash as any Basilisk rider. In her eyes, he's got the heart of a Mandoa.

• 2 weeks later...
That little goodbye cutscene with Theron in the new update warms my heart. I think the reason why he and Lana are indefinitely leaving the protagonist is incredibly dumb but I understand why it was done in a out-of-universe sense. I'm not very far in the Ossus storyline. I feel that I don't have much care it for since my two best friends were put on a speeder. Hopefully things will become more interesting.

That hug and nuzzle was very sweet if super quick. I honestly, and sadly, don't expect much more from him. As always only expect the big bulk of cutscenes playing out in Odessan (and Alliance Alerts- she gave one out of the 2 and featured in the second (Jaesa)) to be led by Lana since Theron isn't around for that many players it seems - with both a leave for dead, and an exile option both of those lead to the same thing in the end.

It was a nice little couple of lines, I'm sad that they wasted some of it on a haircut comment. he could've had an extra line to say to his to-be-wife/husband or friend instead of a haircut comment.

Edited by Asmodesu

That hug and nuzzle was very sweet if super quick. I honestly, and sadly, don't expect much more from him. As always only expect the big bulk of cutscenes playing out in Odessan (and Alliance Alerts- she gave one out of the 2 and featured in the second (Jaesa)) to be led by Lana since Theron isn't around for that many players it seems - with both a leave for dead, and an exile option both of those lead to the same thing in the end.

It was a nice little couple of lines, I'm sad that they wasted some of it on a haircut comment. he could've had an extra line to say to his to-be-wife/husband or friend instead of a haircut comment.

It definitely did feel like a goodbye, didn't it? I really do hope we see more out of him, but at this point I'm sadly relegated to the idea that he's going to be a hood ornament.

In other news I almost ended up with both Jaesa's (LS and DS) thanks Alliance Alerts -.-'

Also that LS Jaesa AA -spoiler

That was awkward as all heck... turning her down after all that because. Well, my sw is with Theron. So awkward.

It definitely did feel like a goodbye, didn't it? I really do hope we see more out of him, but at this point I'm sadly relegated to the idea that he's going to be a hood ornament.

mhm... I know I didn't expect him to be part of the story/have a decent amount of content as many others hoped but we'll see. This was just a tiny content patch of course, I can still hope we get something more with a 'proper' expansion.. if they do a proper one this time :)

Edited by Asmodesu