The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

Hah! So after last night's debate I went and checked Amazon US again today for The Lost Suns comic and they had one copy available. Bought it, waiting impatiently, woo! Come into my hands Agent Shan. :cool:

Oh, lucky you. ^^

Damn, why is it Theron on the cover for the english comic while it's Satele on the French cover ? And why are there 3 parts for english while there seems to be only 2 for french ?

I feel so confused now :confused:

Oh, lucky you. ^^

Damn, why is it Theron on the cover for the english comic while it's Satele on the French cover ? And why are there 3 parts for english while there seems to be only 2 for french ?

I feel so confused now :confused:

It's a little confusing but I think there are 5 issues in the The Lost Suns series, but then there's also "Volume 3: The Lost Suns" which combines all five of those separate issues into one.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Old_Republic%E2%80%94The_Lost_Suns

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Old_Republic_(comics)

It's a little confusing but I think there are 5 issues in the The Lost Suns series, but then there's also "Volume 3: The Lost Suns" which combines all five of those separate issues into one.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Old_Republic%E2%80%94The_Lost_Suns

Thanks ^^

Well it seems, that i can only find Blood of the Empire and The Lost Suns in french, dunno why the 1st part is missing though.

Well, i'll give it a try i guess, i need more of the stupid spy boyfriend :)

Yeah the "volume" refers to there being 3 separate stories of SWTOR comics. So the first volume is Threat of Peace with 3 issues, second volume is Blood of the Empire with 3 issues, and the third volume is Lost Suns with 5 issues. Threat of Peace and Blood of the Empire is sometimes combined into one volume with 6 issues and just called "Star Wars: The Old Republic" because they were originally published on the SWTOR site. Lost Suns came a bit later and was not published on the site so it's treated a bit differently.

Lost Suns is the only one that deals with Theron though and is a good precursor to Annihilation. I don't find the other two volumes all that interesting personally. Especially because in Threat of Peace all the characters look completely different from how they look in game.

Yeah the "volume" refers to there being 3 separate stories of SWTOR comics. So the first volume is Threat of Peace with 3 issues, second volume is Blood of the Empire with 3 issues, and the third volume is Lost Suns with 5 issues. Threat of Peace and Blood of the Empire is sometimes combined into one volume with 6 issues and just called "Star Wars: The Old Republic" because they were originally published on the SWTOR site. Lost Suns came a bit later and was not published on the site so it's treated a bit differently.

Lost Suns is the only one that deals with Theron though and is a good precursor to Annihilation. I don't find the other two volumes all that interesting personally. Especially because in Threat of Peace all the characters look completely different from how they look in game.

Yeah. The others look alright but given the shipping fees (I'm in the Netherlands) and the prices of the books I could only do one this time around. Theron's more important than the other stuff so I only got his and it didn't appear like the other two are essential to understanding The Lost Suns. And if it's a good precursor to Annihilation, I'll hold off finally delving into that until I've read through TLS which, according to wookiee, takes place around the time of our prologue/first class chapter/Esseles stuff in-game. ^^

Oh, thanks, i'll just buy this one then i guess.

Does any know during the SWTOR timeline when the Theron books are set? As in are they set before our characters start their journey (eg: Korriban/Tython/Hutta etc: ) or during? Will help with my immersion (knowing what's going on in the galaxy at the time) when I finally get around to reading them. Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Does any know during the SWTOR timeline when the Theron books are set? As in are they set before our characters start their journey (eg: Korriban/Tython/Hutta etc: ) or during? Will help with my immersion (knowing what's going on in the galaxy at the time) when I finally get around to reading them.

According to Wookieepedia - The Lost Suns;

Behind the scenes

In-text references to the events surrounding the Flashpoint: The Esseles place Star Wars: The Old Republic—The Lost Suns more specifically during the early stages of Star Wars: The Old Republic between the prologue and chapter 1.

Annihilation, according to Wookiepedia, would take place in 3640 BBY (if you look at the page on the Ascendant Spear). The page for Annihilation itself says;

Continuity

Annihilation was originally unconfirmed as to where the novel falls in the timeline. When Rise of the Hutt Cartel was released, the Codex entry for Darth Acina claimed that she was Darth Hadra's successor instead of Darth Karrid, though this was later remedied, placing Annihilation between the Battle of Ilum but before the events of Rise of the Hutt Cartel. Annihilation focuses on a number of primary characters: Theron Shan and Teff'ith from The Lost Suns, Gnost-Dural from the Galactic Timeline videos, and Satele Shan and Jace Malcom from The Old Republic and its cinematic trailers. Annihilation directly references several elements from The Old Republic, such as Darth Malgus's betrayal on Ilum, the death of the Emperor, and the death of three Dark Councilors on Corellia.

So, in short, The Lost Suns takes place in 3643 BBY when we play our Class Story Prologue to Chapter One while Annihilation takes place post Ilum in 3640 BBY but before Rise of the Hutt Cartel in 3639 BBY. At least from what I could gather from various sources.

According to Wookieepedia - The Lost Suns;

Annihilation, according to Wookiepedia, would take place in 3640 BBY (if you look at the page on the Ascendant Spear). The page for Annihilation itself says;

So, in short, The Lost Suns takes place in 3643 BBY when we play our Class Story Prologue to Chapter One while Annihilation takes place post Ilum in 3640 BBY but before Rise of the Hutt Cartel in 3639 BBY. At least from what I could gather from various sources.

Jenny you're amazing! Thank you. :)

Does any know during the SWTOR timeline when the Theron books are set? As in are they set before our characters start their journey (eg: Korriban/Tython/Hutta etc: ) or during? Will help with my immersion (knowing what's going on in the galaxy at the time) when I finally get around to reading them.

Well, Annihilation takes place a little bit after the SW story, because Darth Gravus is still alive, because we meet him when we meet Thana (Taris 3642). Gravus was considered for a dark council position, but so was Darth Karrid who Marr was supporting...and Darth Karrid acted in typical Sith fashion with Darth Gravus (he died 3641/40), which caused some of the dark council to frown on her. (Gravus and Karrid were in the running for Hadra's seat) So I would imagine Theron making his way onto her ship the Ascendant Spear to destroy it likely just after the Sith Warrior story...but just slightly before Sith Inquisitor's story, because it is said in the Wookie that this happened around 3640 when Theron and Ghost Dural infiltrated Karrid's ship, and 3640 is when Darth Arctis dies and Thanaton ascends to the position of Dark Councillor.

It's been a long time since I've read either the comics or the novel, but near as I can remember this is about when it all takes place in terms of the novel Annihilation.

Edited by Lunafox

Well, Annihilation takes place a little bit after the SW story, because Darth Gravus is still alive, because we meet him when we meet Thana. Gravus was considered for a dark council position, but so was Darth Karrid who Marr was supporting...and Darth Karrid acted in typical Sith fashion with Darth Gravus, which caused some of the dark council to frown on her. So I would imagine Theron making his way onto her ship the Ascendant Spear to destroy it likely just after the Sith Warrior story...but just slightly before Sith Inquisitor's story, because it is said in the Wookie that this happened around 3640 when Theron and Ghost Dural infiltrated Karrid's ship, and 3640 is when Darth Arctis dies and Thanaton ascends to the position of Dark Councillor.

It's been a long time since I've read either the comics or the novel, but near as I can remember this is about when it all takes place in terms of the novel Annihilation.

Thank you Luna. :)

Well, Annihilation takes place a little bit after the SW story, because Darth Gravus is still alive, because we meet him when we meet Thana (Taris 3642). Gravus was considered for a dark council position, but so was Darth Karrid who Marr was supporting...and Darth Karrid acted in typical Sith fashion with Darth Gravus (he died 3641/40), which caused some of the dark council to frown on her. (Gravus and Karrid were in the running for Hadra's seat) So I would imagine Theron making his way onto her ship the Ascendant Spear to destroy it likely just after the Sith Warrior story...but just slightly before Sith Inquisitor's story, because it is said in the Wookie that this happened around 3640 when Theron and Ghost Dural infiltrated Karrid's ship, and 3640 is when Darth Arctis dies and Thanaton ascends to the position of Dark Councillor.

That would be a bit weird to place it before Thanaton's death considering the fact that they talk about Malgus' betrayal on Ilum (which for every class is after the end of chapter 3) and the supposed death of the Emperor, though at the time no one really knows if he's just missing or really dead.

Then considering the timeline it can give a bit more informations about the SI too, considering all the ruckus about accepting Karrid as a dark counsilor despite the fact that she's an alien, if Nox/Occulus/Imperius is made dark counsilor before her, then i guess the SI is supposed to be either Human or Sith pureblood.

That would be a bit weird to place it before Thanaton's death considering the fact that they talk about Malgus' betrayal on Ilum (which for every class is after the end of chapter 3) and the supposed death of the Emperor, though at the time no one really knows if he's just missing or really dead.

Then considering the timeline it can give a bit more informations about the SI too, considering all the ruckus about accepting Karrid as a dark counsilor despite the fact that she's an alien, if Nox/Occulus/Imperius is made dark counsilor before her, then i guess the SI is supposed to be either Human or Sith pureblood.

The thing is, the stories don't run concurrently there is an order to them, like for example the JK story runs before the IA (as evidence by Kaliyo still being Nemro's enforcer in the JK story which you see in Doc's companion story.)

I know that Annihilation comes after SW story, because we meet Gravus on Taris with Thana, and this would be shortly before his death, which makes it around 3641 at the time we meet him. Gravus dies because of Karrid in 3640. They go solely by years, but if there were months, it could mean it was only a few months that we met him on Taris and when he died over Leritor. He had quite a bit of support from the DC, Marr pushed for Karrid and if I recall correctly Vowrawn was kind of a swing vote.

The reason I think it was before the Sith Inquisitor story is because Wookiepedia says Thanaton died during 3641--Thanaton was still on council at the time SW story. He is seen in the video where SW confronts Baras.

There is a female councilor seen in the video where SI confronts Thanaton, but I can't quite decide if that's supposed to be Hadra or Acina. It says Hadra died in 3641 on Corellia and that Acina took her spot in 3640.

Now, it would be more accurate if they had months rather than just talking solely in years because the Wookie says Thanaton died in 3641. It also states that Hadra died in 3641 on Corellia and Acina took her spot in 3640.

There are so many events packed into that small time frame of about a year it's difficult to pick it out definitively without months to form a proper timeline...but at any rate for immersion purposes we do know it happened after SW for sure. No doubt about that.

Edited by Lunafox

It is a bit messy with oh so much happening in the span of one year in-game there, like the SW story end, then annihilation, then SI end can very much all happen the same year, and even within a couple of months of each other. It's that type of power pull, multiple all happening at the same time.

It is a bit messy with oh so much happening in the span of one year in-game there, like the SW story end, then annihilation, then SI end can very much all happen the same year, and even within a couple of months of each other. It's that type of power pull, multiple all happening at the same time.

Yeah this is true. Just looking at some events of the class-endings;

- Darth Baras dies in 3641 BBY at the end of the SW story.

- Darth Thanaton dies in 3641 BBY at the end of the SInq story.

- Dorian Janarus dies in 3641 BBY at the end of the BH story.

- Hunter dies in 3641 BBY at the end of the IA story.

- Voice of the Emperor dies in 3641 BBY at the end of the JK story.

- Battle of Corellia (essentially at the end of all class stories) takes place in 3641 BBY.

- The Voidwolf dies in 3641 BBY ending the Smuggler story.

- There's also the fact Darth Severin dies on Ilum, assisting Malgus, in 3641 BBY.

A busy year that one, clearly, but that's all by the year too. What we need is months because, obviously, the end of the BH story for instance where Janarus is killed has to take place *before* the finales of the Republic class stories where our PCs are honored by the new Supreme Chancellor Saresh.

When the Sith Warrior goes to Quesh a second time, they walk into Baras' trap and are aided by The Hand to prime the SW for becoming the new Wrath. That part of the story has to take place *after* the end of the Jedi Knight's 2nd act where Scourge betrays the Emperor. Yet, the finale of the Sith Warrior's story has to take place *before* that of the Jedi Knight in order for the SW saving the Voice on Voss, and the Knight killing the Voice on DK, to make sense.

So, yeah, clearly the story arcs don't run concurrently and it gets a little messy. I was somewhat frowning on my SW when I went to Voss to rescue the Voice, thinking to myself "But my JK just killed him?" lol.

Anyway, a major part of Annihilation is the situation with the Ascendant Spear, which is destroyed in 3640 BBY. Teff'ith is also stated to have begun operating as a smuggler for the Old Tion Brotherhood on Nar Shaddaa in 3640 BBY, so it is safe to say Annihilation takes place after all class stories and after Ilum as well. Rise of the Hutt Cartel takes place in the year 3639 BBY so post Annihilation.

I would actually really like a detailed timeline with not just years but months. Or a timeline that lays out every event in order of occurrence say; Start with BH Act I, follow it up with IA Act I, move on to JK Act I etc. but I imagine most classes are at best a couple of weeks set apart from one another. There is just so much though and imagine adding the books/comics into that timeline as well. Think my brain would melt. :eek: But could be a fun project for a rainy day...

When the Sith Warrior goes to Quesh a second time, they walk into Baras' trap and are aided by The Hand to prime the SW for becoming the new Wrath. That part of the story has to take place *after* the end of the Jedi Knight's 2nd act where Scourge betrays the Emperor. Yet, the finale of the Sith Warrior's story has to take place *before* that of the Jedi Knight in order for the SW saving the Voice on Voss, and the Knight killing the Voice on DK, to make sense.

So, yeah, clearly the story arcs don't run concurrently and it gets a little messy. I was somewhat frowning on my SW when I went to Voss to rescue the Voice, thinking to myself "But my JK just killed him?" lol.

I always knew they didn't run together on same timeline, think also on the SW's companion Pierce being the one that starts the Corellia stuff via companion conversations, and the trooper comes in well after to, in person, take out the military officer that requested Pierce's team to crack the fort. There is so much, but I think taking notes down stuff will get a look at the orders give or take, even if not actual years. xD

It's a busy 3 years! but that ending between class story ends and Ilum/just post ilum, is.. wow.

I always knew they didn't run together on same timeline, think also on the SW's companion Pierce being the one that starts the Corellia stuff via companion conversations, and the trooper comes in well after to, in person, take out the military officer that requested Pierce's team to crack the fort. There is so much, but I think taking notes down stuff will get a look at the orders give or take, even if not actual years. xD

It's a busy 3 years! but that ending between class story ends and Ilum/just post ilum, is.. wow.

And then there are the planetary arcs. If a Republic player does the Corellia planet story then they kill Darth Decimus. Yet, Darth Decimus is present, in person, on Korriban when the Sith Warrior faces Baras so in order for that to make sense you'd have to always finish the Sith Warrior story before your Republic toons play Corellia's planetary arc. And Thanaton is present for the SW vs. Baras fight as well so that means the Sith Inquistor's visit to Corellia for the Kaggath with Thanaton, and their defeat of Thanaton on Korriban, both take place after the Sith Warrior's finale.

Yeah I remember Pierce's mission with the whole Bastion thing on Corellia, which then also involves the Trooper story. Then there is Kaliyo who appears during one of Doc's class companion conversations with the Jedi Knight. Doc mentions she's looking to cure her old boss Nem'ro which either implies she's still helping Nem'ro while officially working with the Agent, or it implies that the Agent's story starts after that companion conversation with Doc and the Knight. Kaliyo also 'volunteers' as a hostage to ensure Doc's safe return which would imply she's still of great value to Nem'ro at this point.

Ahhh, puzzles!

Edited by JennyFlynn

Yup, I love the criss-cross referencing between class stories. The planet arcs are another arc on their own, faction specific, not all in time with the class stories at all, but rather on their own and the class stories weave around them.

I always saw as the SW being among the first to do almost everything, and the Imperial Agent following along last. In most cases that's how it feels anyway.

The thing is, the stories don't run concurrently there is an order to them, like for example the JK story runs before the IA (as evidence by Kaliyo still being Nemro's enforcer in the JK story which you see in Doc's companion story.)

I know that Annihilation comes after SW story, because we meet Gravus on Taris with Thana, and this would be shortly before his death, which makes it around 3641 at the time we meet him. Gravus dies because of Karrid in 3640. They go solely by years, but if there were months, it could mean it was only a few months that we met him on Taris and when he died over Leritor. He had quite a bit of support from the DC, Marr pushed for Karrid and if I recall correctly Vowrawn was kind of a swing vote.

The reason I think it was before the Sith Inquisitor story is because Wookiepedia says Thanaton died during 3641--Thanaton was still on council at the time SW story. He is seen in the video where SW confronts Baras.

There is a female councilor seen in the video where SI confronts Thanaton, but I can't quite decide if that's supposed to be Hadra or Acina. It says Hadra died in 3641 on Corellia and that Acina took her spot in 3640.

Now, it would be more accurate if they had months rather than just talking solely in years because the Wookie says Thanaton died in 3641. It also states that Hadra died in 3641 on Corellia and Acina took her spot in 3640.

There are so many events packed into that small time frame of about a year it's difficult to pick it out definitively without months to form a proper timeline...but at any rate for immersion purposes we do know it happened after SW for sure. No doubt about that.

Yeah, that's a bit messy. IIRC Kaliyo appears somewhere during JK's chap 3, that would place it 2 years after she left Nemro for the IA, which is weird. So my best explanation on this one is that she's still in touch with Nemro, even after she left Hutta.

And as there's no mention about Thanaton in Annihilation, i guess he's already dead at that time.

It's actually sad that we don't have a proper timeline about which class story events come in what order.

The only things we know is that apparently Baras betrays his aprentice after the JK left the Emperor's fortress with Scourge. That the SW goes to Voss before the JK and that Baras dies before Thanaton.

Yeah, that's a bit messy. IIRC Kaliyo appears somewhere during JK's chap 3, that would place it 2 years after she left Nemro for the IA, which is weird. So my best explanation on this one is that she's still in touch with Nemro, even after she left Hutta.

And as there's no mention about Thanaton in Annihilation, i guess he's already dead at that time.

It's actually sad that we don't have a proper timeline about which class story events come in what order.

The only things we know is that apparently Baras betrays his aprentice after the JK left the Emperor's fortress with Scourge. That the SW goes to Voss before the JK and that Baras dies before Thanaton.

Without specific dates it's impossible. So much stuff happens in like a year. It's hard enough to sort all the game events and then start including comics and novels and wow. It's kinda migraine inducing. :)

Without specific dates it's impossible. So much stuff happens in like a year. It's hard enough to sort all the game events and then start including comics and novels and wow. It's kinda migraine inducing. :)

I think we managed alright with what we do have for the order of things, even if we don't know how long in-between all the *coughs* changes of leadership. Seems we all came to the same order conclusion. xD

I bookmarked where this discussion started as I'm gonna need it if I ever get going again (writing). I'll need to try and stick it all one easy to browse thing first. Where's my flashcards!

And I thought just finding the years of major events was migraine inducing enough xD

Edited by Asmodesu

Yeah, as i'm trying to have a full coherent story for my 8 characters, not having a more precise timeline is indeed migraine inducing.

I think the JK arrives on Tython shorty before the JC, as the Flesh Raiders start their attacks just after the JK's arrival while it's already begun when the JC arrives.

Trooper and smuggler arrive on Ord Mantell quite simultaneously, you can see the smuggler's ship arriving right after the separatist shot down the trooper's walker, and Corso talks about that to Skavak and the smuggler.

Dunno about the other classes though.

Then i guess the BH is probably the 1st one on Corelia, as Janarus is already dead at the end of the Consular and Trooper's chap 3

But iirc, Corelia is stated to be a victory for the Empire when playing an empire class, while it's said to be a victory for the Republic while playing a republic class, that's confusing :confused:

Edited by Goreshaga

Yeah, as i'm trying to have a full coherent story for my 8 characters, not having a more precise timeline is indeed migraine inducing.

I think the JK arrives on Tython shorty before the JC, as the Flesh Raiders start their attacks just after the JK's arrival while it's already begun when the JC arrives.

Trooper and smuggler arrive on Ord Mantell quite simultaneously, you can see the smuggler's ship arriving right after the separatist shot down the trooper's walker, and Corso talks about that to Skavak and the smuggler.

Dunno about the other classes though.

Then i guess the BH is probably the 1st one on Corelia, as Janarus is already dead at the end of the Consular and Trooper's chap 3

But iirc, Corelia is stated to be a victory for the Empire when playing an empire class, while it's said to be a victory for the Republic while playing a republic class, that's confusing :confused:

Empire planet arc storyline for Corellia plays first, and republic planet arc is about retaking it or something. they run on a different timetable to class stories, which as I mentioned seem to just weave their way around the planet arcs. So for me, who is adding planet arcs to my tale even if I focus on one character with only tiny mentions to my others, I need to tackle planet arc timelines alongside class ones xD . I'll get there, no hurry for it yet, for me.

Like Taris is republic first, and then the Imps crash through and destroy all their hard work afterwards.

I found my blank flashcards, that'll help me. I like being able to see the stuff in front of me to order it all with a lot of guesswork involved xD

Edited by Asmodesu