The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

Cullen was done very well. A shame his VA is ruining that.

Theron is amazing, love him to bits. My other fav is Aric.

Alistair was ok but a bit young and niave for my personal taste. Plus I hate the whole Morrigan aspect to that romance. Just eww.

Aric and Theron are normal slow burns romances with characters that arent 100% perfect and I love it.

Cullens romance was the same.

I have to say, I was SO impressed by Aric. when I decided to start my female trooper, the first thing I thought was "no, I would never romance someone with a cat face" 🤣 bit "racist" I know. but then, because I didn't want to ruin anything in the future, I saw some videos on youtube and... OH.MY.GOD, I completely changed my mind on him. even because thinking more about it, my female trooper is more in line with him then with Theron ( at the beginning I wanted to romance him with her )

so yes, I like so much Aric. he has a good storyline and the romance progression is extraordinary 🤍

I have to say, I was SO impressed by Aric. when I decided to start my female trooper, the first thing I thought was "no, I would never romance someone with a cat face" 🤣 bit "racist" I know. but then, because I didn't want to ruin anything in the future, I saw some videos on youtube and... OH.MY.GOD, I completely changed my mind on him. even because thinking more about it, my female trooper is more in line with him then with Theron ( at the beginning I wanted to romance him with her )

so yes, I like so much Aric. he has a good storyline and the romance progression is extraordinary 🤍

I was the same, was very dubious about alien romances but Aric is just sooo good. I love the early hostility that feels very much like underlying sexual tension. His jealousy if you flirt with Jonas which he hides behind duty. All of it. Also his reunion was the best! Sooo many feels.

But before this turns into an I love Aric thread under Theron! I really do love him too. Handsome workaholic hubby is great and I love how he kinda sneaks up on you. Comes across as a one night stand type deal until you realise you want moorreee and love him to bits.

Just look at those eyes, he hands down has the most beautiful eyes in the game. I can just imagine how his model would be if this game had an even better engine than it does.

https://i.imgur.com/4FZJSJM.png

And yeah the best thing about Theron romance is it feels authentic and real you aren't just flirting with the guy for 2 seconds and instantly you love each other. It feels like an actual development so when they actually do get to the words "love" it feels earned and very rewarding. I think I told Goreshaga once before that Theron starts off a bit reserved and guarded due to his past of abandonement, but he loves extremely hard when he has it, I love that about him

Edited by vallixas

I like those outfit 😂 I am new to all this swtor world, so could I ask you what comics/books do I have to read to know the story of Satele, Jace and Theron?

and what bug are you talking about? o.ò

I found all 5 of the comic issues scans you can read online in order, there's some stuff in there about satele too

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-The-Lost-Suns

Edited by Jaxterone

I was the same, was very dubious about alien romances but Aric is just sooo good. I love the early hostility that feels very much like underlying sexual tension. His jealousy if you flirt with Jonas which he hides behind duty. All of it. Also his reunion was the best! Sooo many feels.

But before this turns into an I love Aric thread under Theron! I really do love him too. Handsome workaholic hubby is great and I love how he kinda sneaks up on you. Comes across as a one night stand type deal until you realise you want moorreee and love him to bits.

naaaaa don't worry u.u Theron will be n°1 topic in this thread. but is good to give some credit to other male romances for female characters, becuase there aren't some many. the only ones I romance with my 10 characters are: Theron and Arcann as non vanilla companions, and Aric, Torian, Scourge and Vector as the vanilla ones. the others are a bit meh, but 6 out of 10 of my character will romance Theron.. just to say how much I like him as a character. even because I am fascinated by the ones with a cool background and he sure has it 🤍

I found all 5 of the comic issues scans you can read online in order, there's some stuff in there about satele too

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-The-Lost-Suns

So nice to see, some stuff in there with satele too. Such a damn shame we didn't get to see more of the spy stuff and his relationship and chemistry with a lot of these characters from the comic in the game. I blame KOTFE entirely which sort of spammed us with so many characters that both lana and theron got lost in the craziness lol

Just look at those eyes, he hands down has the most beautiful eyes in the game. I can just imagine how his model would be if this game had an even better engine than it does.

https://i.imgur.com/4FZJSJM.png

And yeah the best thing about Theron romance is it feels authentic and real you aren't just flirting with the guy for 2 seconds and instantly you love each other. It feels like an actual development so when they actually do get to the words "love" it feels earned and very rewarding. I think I told Goreshaga once before that Theron starts off a bit reserved and guarded due to his past of abandonement, but he loves extremely hard when he has it, I love that about him

Part of me want that eye color to be a player toon option, part of me want that eye color to be Theron's alone.

Theron and Scourge are the only 2 LI I'm really into in game.

I love the foundation we build up during the Forged Alliance story arc. There are flirts but we also learn a lot about Theron's character. It makes him interesting instead of a coded "press flirt=romance" reaction.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for slow burn lol

Vette, Vector, Kira, Elara, Jorgan, and Arcann I'd consider slow burn Romances as well. Don't get me wrong, Theron is absolutely perfect for my Mando BH, but he's not perfect for every toon of mine. I think that's why I like the romances in this game. Each are special to the individual character you create. My BH literally has devoted her entire life to their relationship. She considers herself bound for eternity to Theron. But it wouldn't work for my other toons.

I have to say Quinn is also a slow burn type of romance because of all his rejections of the Sith warrior too, but I have to say I never tried Aric because he’s a cat person and it made me a bit uncomfortable ? I sound racist as well but you guys made me want to try it out so I will soon :)

When it comes to Theron I have to say it kinda hurt like Quinn when he did what he did to my agent (because my agent is the one that romances him they go very well together especially since she’s a double agent anyway :p) it felt better after but I only wish we would see him as much as Lana in Onslaught. It felt weird for me to wake up with Lana instead of Theron especially since he wanted to come so vehemently. There’s also something I always wondered. In the books Theron seemed Caucasian right? Kinda like Bastila and Revan seemed to be but now he’s more Asian? I don’t want to define him completely but I’m kinda curious because my agent and him have a daughter and I kinda struggled with character creation on her if anyone knew that would be nice because I just don’t know if I like her face or not xD

Who should play Theron in a movie if there was a movie?

By looks alone I think Jeremy Renner comes closest, but I think he can pull it off acting as well. Of course there could always be a no name who becomes Someone through the part, but given an already established actor a star power actor isn't right for the part. Well known, yes, but hardly ever the main protagonist.

Well it's a fact that no other character have as much content drawn out for as long as either Lana or Theron. It's also the fact that none of the other companions besides the orignal vanilla companions spend as much time with the commander. Their romance goes on throughout multiple expansions, building up on it, giving the impression of a long developed relationship. It's no secret just why the two are the most popular male and female LI. It's not their fault they got developed more for several years and launched for both genders.

This development doesn't even really happen for most of the vanilla characters who also got the short end of the stick when they all came back. Glorified alerts to "resume the romance" instead of actually having anything like Lana or Theron carrying out the romance throughout every single mission and story beat. That is why they feel the most developed. No offense intended to those who did romance arcann but I would not necessarily call Arcann romance a slow burner. There is no real romance, just an added alert slapped on to a character that displayed no romantic interest in any scene beforehand because of I guess some fans wanting it. It was almost as out of left field as the Vaylin having a flirt option thrown in for Echoes imo. You really don't establish even a semblance of attraction until that alert.

I have to say Quinn is also a slow burn type of romance because of all his rejections of the Sith warrior too, but I have to say I never tried Aric because he’s a cat person and it made me a bit uncomfortable ? I sound racist as well but you guys made me want to try it out so I will soon :)

When it comes to Theron I have to say it kinda hurt like Quinn when he did what he did to my agent (because my agent is the one that romances him they go very well together especially since she’s a double agent anyway :p) it felt better after but I only wish we would see him as much as Lana in Onslaught. It felt weird for me to wake up with Lana instead of Theron especially since he wanted to come so vehemently. There’s also something I always wondered. In the books Theron seemed Caucasian right? Kinda like Bastila and Revan seemed to be but now he’s more Asian? I don’t want to define him completely but I’m kinda curious because my agent and him have a daughter and I kinda struggled with character creation on her if anyone knew that would be nice because I just don’t know if I like her face or not xD

IIRC Lana has more presence on Pubside in Onslaught (strangely enough) while Theron has more scenes on Impside than he does on Pubside. I think they like the idea of them interacting with their opposites.

Anyway my biggest gripe with the game has always been the fact that we did not get a choice in who we wanted to be our "spokesperson". They made it for us. For a character who felt closer to Theron I would have liked for him to be the one giving my commander the quest and all the updates, which is the route they should have went allowing people who liked Lana instead to have her, and those who liked Theron to have him instead, kinda like how in the original Mass Effect we could choose Kaidan or Ashley, but they took the choice from us.

Assuming Satele is supposed to be mixed race (her face capture is based on someone who is half asian half white) and seeing as how Jace is also seemingly mixed race. Yeah Theron is also, he just looks white passing at times. I mean if you take someone who is seemingly half white and mix them with someone else who is also seemingly half white the child is going to favor the Caucasian side a lot. You can still tell though if you really look at him. Especially his concept art.

Edited by vallixas

Who should play Theron in a movie if there was a movie?

By looks alone I think Jeremy Renner comes closest, but I think he can pull it off acting as well. Of course there could always be a no name who becomes Someone through the part, but given an already established actor a star power actor isn't right for the part. Well known, yes, but hardly ever the main protagonist.

I doubt legends characters would ever get movies lol but since it's for fun. Idunno. I don't really know that many actors with his exact make up that would fit. Maybe that guy who plays Robin in Titans? though he might look way too young.

Keanu could fit, if he still looked like his Matrix days LOL

Theron's concept art very much reminds me of an actual existing actor, but I can't think of his name right now

https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/005/361/213/large/chris-anderson-023-theron-shan.jpg?1490490925

I need a very real wedding scene and maybe a honeymoon cut to the pool where he is waiting in a speedo. Thank you for your consideration bioware.

It would be everything to have a wedding back on Rishi

Edited by vallixas

Want to also add with Lana and Theron they did a good job in making them fit with just about any class, whereas vanilla were more catered to the class they launched with. The two don't seem out of place with any of them and act accordingly. Lana is sith but her ideals make for a flexible romance with any type. Theron especially I feel was designed in a way that he meshes with all the classes given his background in both espionage, and jedi culture. He's had dealings with the depths of the underworld's trash, and he's been trained and half raised by Jedi for several years before getting the boot. From Knights to Imperial Agents he works with em all. Edited by Jaxterone

Want to also add with Lana and Theron they did a good job in making them fit with just about any class, whereas vanilla were more catered to the class they launched with. The two don't seem out of place with any of them and act accordingly. Lana is sith but her ideals make for a flexible romance with any type. Theron especially I feel was designed in a way that he meshes with all the classes given his background in both espionage, and jedi culture. He's had dealings with the depths of the underworld's trash, and he's been trained and half raised by Jedi for several years before getting the boot. From Knights to Imperial Agents he works with em all.

I absolutely agree on this. just because some of my character have the romance with the vanilla companions, but I imagine that even the trooper and the BH have a good choice with Theron. the only thing that I am a bit concerned is with the characters that go FULLY DS..... would there be a problem? 🤔

I absolutely agree on this. just because some of my character have the romance with the vanilla companions, but I imagine that even the trooper and the BH have a good choice with Theron. the only thing that I am a bit concerned is with the characters that go FULLY DS..... would there be a problem? 🤔

I don't think there's a huge issue in game but I don't think it works logically. Theron does approve of some DS choices but he's got a pretty inflexible moral code that might not be fully "Republic, or Jedi" but he sticks to his own code period.

Satele definitely has asian in her so Theron would as well. It's not overly predominant in him, at least to me it doesn't look to be, but certainly could be in any children he has.

Just to be clear so there's no miss understandings - I wouldn't mind if it was, I'd love him no matter what. His appearance just doesn't seem that asian to me. I personally am caucasian with a slightly olive tone to my skin, I dont sunburn easily and tend to tan more then burn. Therons skin tone etc seems more like mine where as Satele's is definitely more asian.

It only matters in Onslaught.

If you side with the Empire and let them bomb the civilians of Corellia he gets mad at you, and you won't have the kiss at the end. You don't break up, but you're sleeping on the couch.

I suppose it also matters if you went Dark Side and chose to play the game wrong at the end of Nathema Conspiracy you won't have him around anymore, but surely you'll be playing the game correctly.

Theron is more grey as a character than fully light. But someone made a good point on another board on just why it makes sense for him being as loyal as lana. Theron has just about been abandoned by everyone in his life besides Master Zho. He is a loner because of it. It's why he starts out awkward and bad at relationships and handeling them. Theron gradually starts to open up and lose his loner ways the more he spends time with you and Lana. He grows attached. His messages confirm that, and later in the story Satele confirms that even more with him finally being content and having a home. It's not unreasonable to think he'd stay loyal and want to hold on to the one person he felt was loyal to him in his life. Hell look at all he goes through just for the commander and the alliance in nathema.

Satele definitely has asian in her so Theron would as well. It's not overly predominant in him, at least to me it doesn't look to be, but certainly could be in any children he has.

Just to be clear so there's no miss understandings - I wouldn't mind if it was, I'd love him no matter what. His appearance just doesn't seem that asian to me. I personally am caucasian with a slightly olive tone to my skin, I dont sunburn easily and tend to tan more then burn. Therons skin tone etc seems more like mine where as Satele's is definitely more asian.

Yeah, it's not that apparent, you only start to notice a little bit when looking at his eyes

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/0/06/Theron_Shan.png/revision/latest?cb=20180105085816

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/DbA-Jib19RE/maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Jaxterone

It only matters in Onslaught.

If you side with the Empire and let them bomb the civilians of Corellia he gets mad at you, and you won't have the kiss at the end. You don't break up, but you're sleeping on the couch.

I suppose it also matters if you went Dark Side and chose to play the game wrong at the end of Nathema Conspiracy you won't have him around anymore, but surely you'll be playing the game correctly.

yes. I will do a LS IA that will romance Theron and do all the saboteur arc. but luckily I saw THAT particular decision and I am still convinced it is bugged, because for a saboteur choice it sure does many damage @@

I have Theron with my DS Inq, and it's fine. I am kind of under the impression that Theron gets darker when with a DS char, but not sure if it's just me, or his reactions are really adapted to it.

But it doesn't feel forced or cause trouble, no.

I have Theron with my DS Inq, and it's fine. I am kind of under the impression that Theron gets darker when with a DS char, but not sure if it's just me, or his reactions are really adapted to it.

But it doesn't feel forced or cause trouble, no.

There are things he has a problem with.

If you kill the civs on corellia you dont get the kiss scene afterwards, he storms off annoyed instead as an example. It creates more tension and disagreements with him being dark side that just doesn't happen with a LS character. I totally think there would be some moral battles going on in his head there.

Theron and Satele's look changed a lot from the earlier time to the game. They modeled Satele after a Korean American actress so I guess they changed Theron's look to better reflect that. He has distinct north east asian eyes and nose (I know because I'm one lol) but his over all facial structure is more western. The artist did a great job catching the mixed blood feature, you don't see that every day.

People on a 300+ year family tree could change alot look-wise. We have people in my country who look like your typical Asian, got married, had kid who has red hair, and found out one or both of them have an ancestor some 300 years ago who was Dutch (we were Dutch colony for a while). Genetics are funny like that, it's not always 50/50 look from the parents, I won't worry too much about creating a character with complicate heritage. Theron's daughter might looks exactly like Bastilla if the Force are being humorous lol

Ps: but please for the love of the Force, don't white wash an established poc character even if they don't look *insert color* enough.

The problem is, Bioware weren't sure with how they wanted to portray these characters originally. Even Jace Malcom has changed in appearance multiple times. Sometimes he has looked white-ish, other times he has looked hispanic, then black, and in-game + trailers almost Jason Momoa type Islander-like + White.

Satele also went through many changes. Her original concept art was of a woman who looked fully caucasian. In some comics she also looked this way. Then the original trailers dropped and Satele looked changed again somewhat Hispanic? and darker in complexion than her original concept art. Then they used a half white half korean actress for her face model, but made Satele's model in-game way lighter than her while also giving satele blue eyes instead of brown like the face captured model. So you have to forgive some people for the confusion, Bioware were confused themselves lmao. They have never released any official information (and why would they none of these racial groups technically exist in star wars lore), but based on what they did to Satele's model and her face capture being half white/korean, and based on how Jace looks we can assume that both parents are atleast half white which explains why Theron looks the way he does.

Edited by vallixas