Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

First, make sure you have checked my most recent status update here.

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,' that was just the start. Normally I continually do posts like that the entire time we are down but I don't want to be pouring salt in the wound either. Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric

No, we want you to put out codes everyone can use, not just whoever happens to see them first and scoops them up.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,' that was just the start. Normally I continually do posts like that the entire time we are down but I don't want to be pouring salt in the wound either. Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric

Rather give ALL accounts some compensation. Whether that is a really cool freebie or two extra days added to your subscription is your choice. Do you want a happy player base or not??

-eric

making it a competition of who hits the buttons first? IS making it worse. make it a code that everyone can redeem the way latest cantina codes worked (make them expire tomorrow if you have to but for the love of god, do NOT make it a competition where majority of the people are losers), would have worked much better. as would extending double xp/cxp by another week

-eric

What ever you do that is limited to a lucky few will always not go down well,tbh send something through the ingame mail or give us a days sub since most of us in the EU will of lost half a day,yes you don't have to do this but it would be good customer service. :)

-eric

Feels like irony, no need for codes if they are addressed to 10 persons

LoL. First of all we don't bug the developers. Second it's their job that we pay for a finished product which they fail to deliver time and time again. Third, we do not receive any compensation for it.

Here is a free businesses advice. If you provide a certain service to people and screw it up they will not give you money.

1) it remains to be seen if we are compensated for this. NO.. the codes are not compensation, they are distraction entertainment.

2) Yes it is their job to deliver a trouble free service. But any person with an ounce of sense knows that with complex code bases like what is required for an MMO IS NOT SIMPLE, and @#$% does happens sometimes. In fact such code bases, particularly when maintained by different people over the years (and only the force knows how well it was coded and commented to begin with) are notoriously troublesome. Why? Because changing one thing can in fact cause unintended effects elsewhere in the game. There is really NO way to properly regression test an MMO because so much of what takes place is interactively triggered by players.. thousands and thousands of players.

Get back to me when they in fact fail on every patch (and no.. not talking bugs, talking actual server stability and in game functionality actually functioning correctly).

-eric

The way they work, and in context to the problem, yes. They make it way worse. I'd recommend against posting more of them.

a universal code would be nice. especially since everyone in europe has missed a full day, the random codes are a nice gesture, but they're gone too fast for all but a handful to get. it just makes more sense to send everyone a code or something in game. i realize you're working to get things fixed, but this is the second time this year that this has happened

-eric

Just remember that theres a tiny fraction able to refresh fast enough to get the rain- I just want to play the game- but by all means continue to post the shineys. NEED MY SWTOR FIX, I@M IN SERIOUS WITHDRAWAL !!

-eric

Eric look at who is actually posting on this thread and PM them a code this way you know for sure this will be given to one person only

-eric

I would rather you continued to do what you did with the update, wherein we receive a clear frame of reference for when to check back (aka in 2 hours) for a possible further update.

As for the codes, they don't really drive home anything compared to the status update you gave us.

So, in summation, more updates like the clear time-frame, known details and important information... fewer one-shot codes! (PS the more being irrelevant for 2 hours because you clearly defined not much will occur until then at the earliest!)

-eric

Well, look at it this way. How many people do you make happy with those codes and how many do you tick off?

I appreciate the gesture but in the balance between positive and negative effects, perhaps next time around another idea might be better. I of course hope there won't be a next time, but live happens ;)

Ok to summarize for EU people the denial of service started from 3PM and now it's 9PM...

How would it be if this was transposed to American server ?

Would they get 25 miserables single use codes ? (Meaning only 25 people chain refreshing forum get them!)

Would they flame you more than us ? We seem pretty quiet atm...

Trully :mad:

-eric

Dont bother its a joke at best but feels more like an insult that makes me wnat to tell you to stuff this game.

-eric

We understand Eric you really serve no purpose other then on the forums to keep the community advised on what's going on, and that you can only do what Bioware allows you to do. But as a Community manager you should take the Communities concerns to the Dev team and let them know hey we're pissed off. Second, how about we just all unsubscribe UNTIL we get compensated and appreciated for our hard earned money? Maybe then would they listen? and Lastly if you need to ask us if it is making things worse then YOU my friend are in no position to represent us to Bioware. THEREFORE! I PUSH FOR A VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE IN ERIC'S ABILITY TO REPRESENT US AND TAKE ACTION! I MOVE FOR NEW LEADERSHIP! Sorry couldn't resist. It's ok Eric just sit back and we will do the work for you like we always do little buddy.

-eric

Your codes are only making it WORSE. The game isn't working,it's devs FAULT,yet instead of giving compensation to everyone who can't play at the moment, you are making GAMES in which most of the players are LOOSING. SO what do players get? Their swtor is off and they loose, which means DOUBLE dissapointment. You must compensate everyone who could not log during game is OFF by giving everyone who tried to log during this period of time 450 CC

Edited by omaan

LoL. First of all we don't bug the developers. Second it's their job that we pay for a finished product which they fail to deliver time and time again. Third, we do not receive any compensation for it.

Here is a free businesses advice. If you provide a certain service to people and screw it up they will not give you money.

I worked in customer service for nearly 20 years, and I still remember a quote I posted on my desk in my first year of work. This post just reminded me of it.

"Anyone can fire everyone, from the company president on down, simply by spending their money somewhere else." - Sam Walton.

-eric

As always when i can't play in evening because u have any problems i don't need CC, i don't need pets or some like this. I need only one more day of sub, because I paid for it. Or return my money for that day.