Umbara Stronghold

LordAppius

I do but since it is so uninspiring inside it will be decorated with all 1 credit meat trees! Also, you cannot mount up in this stonghold. What the eff bioware?

I think thats called attention to detail and it's something bw seems to be lacking a lot of in this patch.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct.

And in the past, they have added SHs and NOT added more capacity in all cases. So I would say it is much more logical to conclude that UNLESS they announce they are adding SH capacity per legacy.... it would be prudent to assume they have not, even when adding a new stronghold.

But we have a small clutch of players in the forum right now that are running from thread to thread to decry and condemn over everything and anything... so this kind of thread approach will continue. Take the OP for example.. who prepublished their disappointment about Umbara before the patch even released, so of course he will be working this topic like it was the biggest thing since sliced bread.

Personally, I will just deactivate my Dromund SH. I never really liked it anyway and only picked it up during a promotion where it was essentially free.

You are both wrong and clueless, yet have a very "strong" opinion on the matter. FYI, this was fixed about a year ago, and not again introduced with Manaan. The "limit" of allowed strongholds was the number of available ones since then, so technically there goes your limit bs down the drain since it was no limit at all. Now they introduce the same bs they have introduced with Yavin again.

But actually I still believe this was born from Bioware's well known incompetence, ignorance and unprecise/inaccurate working style and processes and is not intentional. The disaster that was (and still is) the 5.4 release allows this assumption.

Edited by Khaleg

Correct.

And in the past, they have added SHs and NOT added more capacity in all cases. So I would say it is much more logical to conclude that UNLESS they announce they are adding SH capacity per legacy.... it would be prudent to assume they have not, even when adding a new stronghold.

But we have a small clutch of players in the forum right now that are running from thread to thread to decry and condemn over everything and anything... so this kind of thread approach will continue. Take the OP for example.. who prepublished their disappointment about Umbara before the patch even released, so of course he will be working this topic like it was the biggest thing since sliced bread.

Personally, I will just deactivate my Dromund SH. I never really liked it anyway and only picked it up during a promotion where it was essentially free.

Yep. Limit has always been there. They just raised the limit, but how could you not know there is a limit? People act like this was some kind of a surprise to them? I knew all this because this is how it has always been. There are more Strongholds than you can actually have active. I do wish they would get rid of the cost of deactivating them.

Edited by tahol

Well, I'm not surprised about the SH limit not being increased, otherwise they would have told us. Still, increasing the limit wouldn't be bad. I don't remember swtor being a game were you couldn't obtain everything with a bit of patience...

Oh, maybe you were speaking of this when you said that Kotet would present multiples choices for the players, with drastic changes and consequences ? :rak_02:

The stronghold looks nice I must admit, it has clearly this original and unique feel that lack in Dromund Kaas SH imo ^^ Still I don't know for now what I could add that could be clever in terms of decoration... :o

Well, some issues still need fixes. The fact that you cannot use a mount on the SH as an example.

Framerate issue -> OMG fix this asap. I already had a bad time running Kotet but it seems that these issues increase with each new content addition. Is it really that hard to create new content without decreasing fps ? If yes then maybe it could be the time to upgrade this game's graphic engine, to something that would run a lot smoother with the current addition. Maybe upgrade the current with a newer version of it ? If it still exist :p

A bit sad that I couldn't run the SH with at least decent graphics because of it. Sure it looks nice and without any problem on some videos like Dulfy's presentation... But I doubt this was intended to look good only on really expensive pc. :rolleyes:

I don't think laughing, criticizing, or being negative is the answer anymore. The game is reaching a very sad state.:(

I don't think the studio has the funds or manpower, nor support from EA to maintain this game at a growing or expanding level. In other words they are doing the best they can with what they have. Until EA pulls the plug or decides to go maintenance mode, what else can they do? They can't fix the bugs; appease the players/fans at the level they want so they put out what they think is the best option to keep the lights on.

When the boat starts to sink you bail water for as long as you can. You fix the big leaks and prioritize whatever you think will keep it afloat the longest. And be happy they still have the "diehards" that think everything is fine. :confused:

Yep. Limit has always been there. They just raised the limit, but how could you not know there is a limit? People act like this was some kind of a surprise to them? I knew all this because this is how it has always been. There are more Strongholds than you can actually have active. I do wish they would get rid of the cost of deactivating them.

nevermind

Edited by yeldarbnotned

I may get rid of my Nar Shaddaa one. I don't mind having to reactivate it when the limit is increased again. Or I'll just open the trader's quarters and wait for Bioware to up the limit which is what I believe they'll do. I asked earlier in a thread if they had upped the capacity to 7 strongholds and not make us get rid of one. They'll probably do so either before or on 5.5, so I'm not worried.

This is not new news, there has always been a limit on the number of strongholds you can have.

But that limit was increased by one when Manaan was launched, because they had learned from the mistake they made when they launched Yavin SH but did not up the SH limit.

All The Best

It's totally not like there were huge backlash about Yavin 4, and it's totally not like they didn't repeat that mistake with Manaan.

And yet here you are, trying to look smart by saying something that's just outright stupid.

Here is a tissue for you, it is not so bad, don't weep...

All bickering aside...

They did not communicate the matter in advance.

They should know by now that Strongholds introduced are going to generate TWO main questions from the community every single time without question. They should have at least had in patch notes or published something month ago.

1) Will the Conquest bonus increase another 25%

2) Will we need to deactivate an existing stronghold or is our total count increased

I'm sorry - but the lack of communication the last two patches have been horrible and borderline middle finger.

All bickering aside...

They did not communicate the matter in advance.

They should know by now that Strongholds introduced are going to generate TWO main questions from the community every single time without question. They should have at least had in patch notes or published something month ago.

1) Will the Conquest bonus increase another 25%

2) Will we need to deactivate an existing stronghold or is our total count increased

I'm sorry - but the lack of communication the last two patches have been horrible and borderline middle finger.

You forgot the weekly cap of 50 Alliance Recon Data :D

This too was missed in the patch note. Strange, no ? :rak_02:

After watching the walkthough video on Dufly I am looking forward to obtaining one. Although I would like to have a front window for the front engine compartment.

I'd been hoping for that too and I'm not best pleased that the room is already (rationally enough, I s'pose) dedicated to being the "driving area". Would have made a great lounge area.

Think I'll pass on this one, it's just not exciting me all that much.

Well, I'm not surprised about the SH limit not being increased, otherwise they would have told us.

Exactly.

Still, increasing the limit wouldn't be bad.

No disagreement. It's always nice to get more things... but the negative rhetoric in this thread over this is pretty absurd.

If they follow prior practice here... they will wait and see the effects on server performance BEFORE increasing the SH count. It was a surprise to be honest that they increased the SH count concurrent with release of the Manaan SH.... AND they did get some complaints about performance, yet did it anyway.

Edited by Andryah

Not sure if it's a bug or not But just checked my currency tab and I still have 10 Recon Data left, Even though I only had 60 Recon data before buying the traders access thing, Course if this is as intended I'm gona be a bit miffed because it means I could have picked up the SH last week

It's always nice to get more things... but the negative rhetoric in this thread over this is pretty absurd.

Actually, I disagree.

The communication the last two months has been piss poor from Bioware. I think the negative rhetoric is legit and could have been completely avoided had Bioware communicated in advance (Or even in patch notes). People will always find something to complain about, but this time it's warranted. They didn't say boo about the CAP (So folks did the grind) and didn't say boo about this. So yes - some built up tension.

If they follow prior practice here... they will wait and see the effects on server performance BEFORE increasing the SH count. It was a surprise to be honest that they increased the SH count concurrent with release of the Manaan SH.... AND they did get some complaints about performance, yet did it anyway.

Well, it's not like performance were already bad before. :p

I mean, Desync are a common thing in PvP, as well as in PvE (when you're still inside an aoe for the server although your game clearly show you aren't). They did resolve the companion problem in Manaan with ease and speed. The only thing that really affect performance in this SH is that it demands way too much for the poor game engine. :rolleyes:

I really hope this was just an oversight on BWs part. I mean seriously, why would they require us to deactivate a fully decorated expensive SH in order to get the new one. No-one will get the new stronghold until this is fixed.

BW please up the limit so we can enjoy the new stronghold and make it worthwhile by increasing the conquest gains another the normal amount.

I won't pretend I'm not disappointed at having to deactivate one of my other strongholds to obtain this one but, since I found Manaan so disappointing and consequently didn't decorate it much, I opted to get rid of that (and I'd bought it with cartel coins, so I won't have a massive bill for reactivating it if Bioware up the limit). Some who've bought this one have complained about bad design and hook placement, but I personally think it's far better than Manaan in that respect, and am quite happy with it.

The issue is... the last two strongholds release have increased the active cap by 1 each time.

This has set an expectation that was not upheld with this last stronghold.

All you white knights need to realize there *is* an issue with doing things like this and noone who (given the standard set by the previous 2 stronghold releases) who is upset by not being able to have 7 active strongholds is out of place for being upset.

BioWare should have communicated better, plain and simple.

It's a house. Or in this case, a train. If you want it, get rid of one of your cheaper homes like DK or Cor. When they up the limit, all rooms in that house you had remain unlocked and you only pay for the buying of the home again. So if DK cost let's say 10k (cause been a loooooooooooooong time for me) and you want the train, get rid of DK, buy the train. When the SH is upped to 7, rebuy DK, all rooms fully unlocked. Only thing is you have to redecorate.

It's not a big deal. Sure they should have let us know about the weekly cap and that they didn't up the cap of SHs to 7, but it doesn't mean Bioware is garbage. Good lord, the amount of complaining over really stupid stuff. And yes, this is something stupid. It's a stronghold, they didn't delete your toon or get rid of your account. It's a stronghold. Just wait for 5.5 or 5.6 I'm sure they'll up the limit.

If you don't want to remove one of your existing strongholds, wait. If you don't want to wait, get rid of one, and get the train. It's not the end of the world. Some things are more important in the world.