Wow ranked is toxic

Lundorff

I understand y u want a que system that is 1v1. You want it to be ENTIRELY about your skill level. But 1v1s are not the solution.

Tanks in duels are OP.

OPs in duels are OP.

Please go online and find some recent dueling tournament videos before blindly promoting something you have no idea the effect of. I am an operative and I dont even want 1v1 ranked. If you want to try 1v1s go enter a tourniquet.

Tank in dual are theoretically OP, and a separate queue for tanks might be needed. That being said, I think many tanks would lose 1 vs. 1 against a normal dps class simply because they are not good enough - even more so with the coming nerfs. It would be a fun concept to test. And yes stealth classes are problematic in a mixed queue, which is why I suggested the above mentioned de-stealth system.

Besides, this queue would be and addition to 2 existing ones and not a replacement. People would be free to queue 4 vs. 4 if they please.

Please read what we posting before commenting on a proposal you do not fully understand.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tank in dual are theoretically OP, and a separate queue for tanks might be needed. That being said, I think many tanks would lose 1 vs. 1 against a normal dps class simply because they are not good enough - even more so with the coming nerfs. It would be a fun concept to test. And yes stealth classes are problematic in a mixed queue, which is why I suggested the above mentioned de-stealth system.

Besides, this queue would be and addition to 2 existing ones and not a replacement. People would be free to queue 4 vs. 4 if they please.

Please read what we posting before commenting on a proposal you do not fully understand.

The issue with stealth classes isn't that they're stealth, it's the off-heals from Operative that is the problem.

Edited by DARKheartLAND

The issue with stealth classes isn't that they're stealth, it's the off-heals from Operative that is the problem.

Both sorc and merc have better off-heals in a 1 vs. 1 fight, and snipers can heal periodically.

Yes there would be issues with a 1 vs. 1 queue. Yes there would be unbalanced fights, and perhaps some OPer would dominate the queue, but I often see 1 vs. 1 fights that goes the "wrong" way simply because that person is much better in general.

There is no sorc that would beat an OP. Ever.

There is a reason OPs have their own bracket in duels. People have figured out that in duels there are some classes that are dominant. Don't try to reinvent the wheel, but instead understand how and why the wheel was invented.

Again, if you are interested in 1v1s I welcome you to enter dueling tournis but putting a ranked 1v1 system in the game will end this game for good.

Edited by septru

There is no sorc that would beat an OP. Ever.

There is a reason OPs have their own bracket in duels. People have figured out that in duels there are some classes that are dominant. Don't try to reinvent the wheel, but instead understand how and why the wheel was invented.

Again, if you are interested in 1v1s I welcome you to enter dueling tournis but putting a ranked 1v1 system in the game will end this game for good.

There is no oper that would lose to a sorc of equal skill, agree. But that is the entire point of having a 1 vs. 1 queue where everybody can test their skill - or lack thereof. You can not compare the skill set of people courage enough to participate in tournaments to the general yolo-queue. I know plenty of sorcs that could beat several of the opers I run into, simply because they are not particular good. Again, yes, it's possible top 10 would be dominated by opers, and some type of dampening mechanic would be needed to balance things out. It is just an idea :)

There is no oper that would lose to a sorc of equal skill, agree. But that is the entire point of having a 1 vs. 1 queue where everybody can test their skill - or lack thereof. You can not compare the skill set of people courage enough to participate in tournaments to the general yolo-queue. I know plenty of sorcs that could beat several of the opers I run into, simply because they are not particular good. Again, yes, it's possible top 10 would be dominated by opers, and some type of dampening mechanic would be needed to balance things out. It is just an idea :)

Oh okay, I see what you mean now. Skill level varies between operatives, so it gives some sorc, merc, or sniper room to compete.

No sorc, merc or sniper would beat a good Operative in a duel, trust me.

Oh I completely agree, but they might beat a mediocre oper. They might even beat semi-good oper if they themselves are very good. This idea is not perfect by a long shot, but with some tweaking it could surely work.

Oh okay, I see what you mean now. Skill level varies between operatives, so it gives some sorc, merc, or sniper room to compete.

Precisely :)

Off-topic: You are this "Cloudy" that I was not allowed to TT yesterday? Context: the other side had a shadow tank, and I suggested we go TT and they laughed at me and said: "That is Cloudy, we can't TT him". :D

Precisely :)

Off-topic: You are this "Cloudy" that I was not allowed to TT yesterday? Context: the other side had a shadow tank, and I suggested we go TT and they laughed at me and said: "That is Cloudy, we can't TT him". :D

I am that shadow, Lol. Was it an Imp vs Pub match? I think I remember.

I was pointing out that it is setup completely dumb.

Gear comes from raiding, yes there is other MUCH slower methods to getting it, but you can't get it through UNRANKED pvp at a reasonable rate. I love the constant get good comments when I don't care if you are the best pvper in the world and you know everything, if you are in 230 gear vs someone in 248 .. you are not winning that fight even if the 248 has never pvped. Yet there is no unranked way to really get that gear, yet doing ranked win or lose you can get the parts needed to upgrade pieces to 248. I didn't create the system this way I'm only forced to play by their rules. Some think ranked weekly should be removed completely but then where would any of you get wins because you would have 8 hour que times because lets face it not enough people care to be top 100 or top 10. If you really looked at the ones doing ranked most of the time it would be they are only there because they feel a sense of obligation not fun. That being said I would never go in and just stand there and do nothing, being under geared and unable to damage someone on the other team doesn't mean I can't taunt them or put barriers on my team mates to help them fight or even interrupt the other teams healers trying to lock them down long enough for the other 3 to kill someone, but with the current system as it is, I just wouldn't be any help as actual damage.

Edited by Davetiger

I love the constant get good comments when I don't care if you are the best pvper in the world and you know everything, if you are in 230 gear vs someone in 248 .. you are not winning that fight even if the 248 has never pvped.

This is completely and utterly wrong, skill trumps gear in this game it's just that simple. Give me a team of experienced players wearing all item level 208 gear over a fully 248 geared team that's never played group ranked, and I promise you the matches wouldn't even be close. The skilled players would never lose a round.

This is completely and utterly wrong, skill trumps gear in this game it's just that simple. Give me a team of experienced players wearing all item level 208 gear over a fully 248 geared team that's never played group ranked, and I promise you the matches wouldn't even be close. The skilled players would never lose a round.

Skill to dodge and win trade and to sync with one's bot, yeah. Gear and stat distribution actually does make a difference.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Skill to dodge and win trade and to sync with one's bot, yeah. Gear and stat distribution actually does make a difference.

sure it makes a difference, but the point still stands, if the 248 geared guy is bad, the person in 230s is going to beat them.

My god, you're such a cry baby Alec.... You've never once queued on my server and yet all you do is whine about win trading and botting. SF is the only server that's pub dominated right now, so I'll again invite you to come queue against me.

As for gear, I never said that gear doesn't make a difference. I said that skilled players will beat players that have never pvp'd, regardless of gear. Maybe next time wipe those salty tears away so you can read the post.

My god, you're such a cry baby Alec.... You've never once queued on my server and yet all you do is whine about win trading and botting. SF is the only server that's pub dominated right now, so I'll again invite you to come queue against me.

As for gear, I never said that gear doesn't make a difference. I said that skilled players will beat players that have never pvp'd, regardless of gear. Maybe next time wipe those salty tears away so you can read the post.

The salt is making me delirious at this stage.