How old is our character?

Zhedzaban

Well I mean what age you set for your toon now is up to you, but the Consular has been in training since at least the age of four. The very first conversation, Yuon Par mentions that the PC was stronger in the force at age 4 than she was at 14.

Let me take my Consular as an example:

They knew of his abilities. They watched him for a long time. But seeing how he's Alderaan native and not only that, but of a smaller House too, it wasn't easy to just pluck a child. And there were Sith around as well. They especially wanted to lure him through sweet lies. This put Jedi in quite the conundrum. So, what they decided to do is to STALL the situation with the Sith. And they stalled it alright! Almost as proficiently as Azorious lol. For 10 years they stalled it because they knew what a Prodigy he was. This indirectly led to rather dire consequences on Alderaan. Or it did not, who is to tell? But it sure seemed so. Eventually, when he turned 14, he decided to enroll with the Jedi, not the Sith.

Or my Knight, enrollment first to the Sith then to the Jedi. He's actually quite gray. Just like his history with the Force is. Which is also oddly mirrored in the JK story. What a bunch of helixes, no?

I do pay attention to FACTS, it's just that once you do and you don't hang on them like a drunk does with the fence...they can help your creativity VERY MUCH.

I've such backstories for most of my characters.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh we are old its time for an new younger, faster and stronger character like in football once in your 30's you should retire.

Granted among those 11 years 5 do not count we where in carbonite.

What about Qui Gonn, Obi Wan, Yoda and such? They were ancient by your estimates.

Just because you're old(even my Knight...wouldn't say ~55 is old), doesn't mean you're for scrap. In fact, you could be more powerful if you're older. Take JK as an example:

Which makes more sense given the story as is:

1. An old veteran(not necessarily a Master)

or

2. A new kid on the block(who's supposedly more powerful than de facto Masters)

Most of /ugh, SO CHEESY comments that come by the way of JK's story come when you're looking at it from the perspective of #2. Because, I HATE such literally works(and I guess a lot of others do too). You end up being some kind of Ash Ketchup whose ****** quite common Pokemon ends up more powerful than mythic Pokemons...sorry, what? In fact, in case of #1, I wouldn't even say that Mary Sue applies. While in case of #2....MOST CERTAINLY IT DOES!

But then again, I'm not such a big fan of Luke, Rey, Ash etc. I mean, I like Luke as a person(a bit too dreamy / idealistic prior to Return tbh ; Return and post Return incarnation is just godlike though). I just don't care for his Mary Sue status at all. It made sense for Anakin, not so much for Luke.

Edited by Cuiwe

What about Qui Gonn, Obi Wan, Yoda and such? They were ancient by your estimates.

Just because you're old(even my Knight...wouldn't say ~55 is old), doesn't mean you're for scrap. In fact, you could be more powerful if you're older. Take JK as an example:

Which makes more sense given the story as is:

1. An old veteran(not necessarily a Master)

or

2. A new kid on the block(who's supposedly more powerful than de facto Masters)

Most of /ugh, SO CHEESY comments that come by the way of JK's story come when you're looking at it from the perspective of #2. Because, I HATE such literally works(and I guess a lot of others do too). You end up being some kind of Ash Ketchup whose ****** quite common Pokemon ends up more powerful than mythic Pokemons...sorry, what? In fact, in case of #1, I wouldn't even say that Mary Sue applies. While in case of #2....MOST CERTAINLY IT DOES!

But then again, I'm not such a big fan of Luke, Rey, Ash etc. I mean, I like Luke as a person(a bit too dreamy / idealistic prior to Return tbh ; Return and post Return incarnation is just godlike though). I just don't care for his Mary Sue status at all. It made sense for Anakin, not so much for Luke.

Okay Qui Gonn should have retired long ago look how the younger and more fit sith called Maul owned him and killed him.Obi Wan had about 35 at the end of revenge of the sith give or take an few years around his prime and from there is just down which was proven in A New Hope when he lost against Vader who was younger an cyborg with unlimited stamina and way bigger strength who made up for his age.

Yoda well we are talking here about an god in the force who by the way could not longer lift all the balls of something that weighted tons like he could do in his prime. Its in the comics basically it shows his power decreased.

The older you are the weaker you are is my point like football players. I even proved it to you. Sorry but that is the truth for jedi and sith the younger you are the stronger you are. The movies showed this, the comics showed this, the games showed this.

Edited by adormitul

Okay Qui Gonn should have retired long ago look how the younger and more fit sith called Maul owned him and killed him.Obi Wan had about 35 at the end of revenge of the sith give or take an few years around his prime and from there is just down which was proven in A New Hope when he lost against Vader who was younger an cyborg with unlimited stamina and way bigger strength who made up for his age.

Yoda well we are talking here about an god in the force who by the way could not longer lift all the balls of something that weighted tons like he could do in his prime. Its in the comics basically it shows his power decreased.

The older you are the weaker you are is my point like football players. I even proved it to you. Sorry but that is the truth for jedi and sith the younger you are the stronger you are. The movies showed this, the comics showed this, the games showed this.

Fair enough. But do keep in mind that young adolescents lack* one thing that is VERY CRUCIAL in life: experience / veterancy. I was just thinking about Defenders in soccer and how physical fitness is almost irrelevant there. But experience and calmness? Things that come with years...oh yes so much required.

So you either have:

-> Unexperienced snot nosed physically fit character

OR

-> Very experienced, but kinda unfit older character

I know which ones I prefer.

*Unless the character's a Mary Sue. Then every ounce of logic flies through the window. Literally evaporates. But I don't usually talk about such characters ; they are horrible, see.

Fair enough. But do keep in mind that young adolescents lack* one thing that is VERY CRUCIAL in life: experience / veterancy. I was just thinking about Defenders in soccer and how physical fitness is almost irrelevant there. But experience and calmness? Things that come with years...oh yes so much required.

So you either have:

-> Unexperienced snot nosed physically fit character

OR

-> Very experienced, but kinda unfit older character

I know which ones I prefer.

*Unless the character's a Mary Sue. Then every ounce of logic flies through the window. Literally evaporates. But I don't usually talk about such characters ; they are horrible, see.

This is interesting experience well lets analyze it further for the classes. Lets take the trooper first as we know he graduated the academy of soldiers I guess first among all but he had no combat experience unless there is in the academy.

He basically over performed the entire previous squad he is an Mary Sue that is not debate here. For the trooper to make sense you have to give him an background in active combat before the academy.

The smuggler its clear that he has some experience in the field and an criminal record this one is the most believable of all classes no special background needed here for him to make sense the game the game gave enough.

The Bounty Hunter well this guy/girl really needs some special background besides being a good shooter he can not do the feats he does realistically as an normal non force user sentient being. He needs an very special background. He killed more jedi and other force users of all non force users besides Grevious and among force users there only an handful who killed more. Age really makes no difference here. Mary Sue all the way.

The imperial agent well its the same as the trooper it needs an background where he gets experience and more years under the belt it just does not work so it does not go into Mary Sue territory.

The force users are something more different that I will avoid for now.

This is interesting experience well lets analyze it further for the classes. Lets take the trooper first as we know he graduated the academy of soldiers I guess first among all but he had no combat experience unless there is in the academy.

He basically over performed the entire previous squad he is an Mary Sue that is not debate here. For the trooper to make sense you have to give him an background in active combat before the academy.

The smuggler its clear that he has some experience in the field and an criminal record this one is the most believable of all classes no special background needed here for him to make sense the game the game gave enough.

The Bounty Hunter well this guy/girl really needs some special background besides being a good shooter he can not do the feats he does realistically as an normal non force user sentient being. He needs an very special background. He killed more jedi and other force users of all non force users besides Grevious and among force users there only an handful who killed more. Age really makes no difference here. Mary Sue all the way.

The imperial agent well its the same as the trooper it needs an background where he gets experience and more years under the belt it just does not work so it does not go into Mary Sue territory.

The force users are something more different that I will avoid for now.

Well yeah.

The Trooper is the shining star of the Academy. But how old are the graduates? 20? 25? 30? Anywhere between 20 and 30? We don't know. Is Trooper a Mary Sue? Yes, he outperformed the entire previous squad, but NOT ALONE. He did it with ample help from Garza and others that were recruited. He has elements of a Mary Sue(the rising star of the Academy etc), but I don't believe he is.

The Smuggler is not. To quote him(her, whatever), when talking to Corso: "Do you think I know what I'm doing? I'm just making it up as I go!". That's...not something a Mary Sue would say.

The Agent, I am interested why you say that Trooper is a MS yet that IA is not. But given the story and how manipulated around the IA is, I have to agree. IA's simply a pawn in the grander scheme of things(like that or not). Even if you play it as an ultra patriot that refuses to use his full potential, he simply doesn't have an atmosphere of a Mary Sue.

Bounty Hunter...now that's a Mary Sue! Does things he shouldn't be able to(kill or defeat so many Jedi)), survive while every single BH is hunting him, convince top ranking Sith to help him, survive being manipulated by that Sith and live to tell the tale. Eh...ok. What else? edit: He can also resist the Mind Trick! What gives?

What did you have in mind for the Force users? To me:

JK = Mary Sue(unless a veteran with prior confrontations with the Sith / the Dark Side)

JC = Space Jesus no matter how you look at it(tho you can be sarcastic I guess)

SW = idk. I'd say SW is a Mary Sue because even if you make it a child of Red Sith royalty...what SW does is too much lol!

SI = A bumbling idiot with too much luck. I mean, what did SI do that wasn't handed to him. Kallig was handed to him by Zash, other ghosts by Kallig and victory over Thana by those ghosts. He'd even have been expelled from the Academy if Zash didn't scheme hard enough...so...yeah. I hate this story. It's a story of "DO NOTHING -> GET R.E.W.A.R.D.E.D.". It's supposed to be a Darth Bane story, but somehow I think they fudged it up.

Edited by Cuiwe

Well yeah.

The Trooper is the shining star of the Academy. But how old are the graduates? 20? 25? 30? Anywhere between 20 and 30? We don't know. Is Trooper a Mary Sue? Yes, he outperformed the entire previous squad, but NOT ALONE. He did it with ample help from Garza and others that were recruited. He has elements of a Mary Sue(the rising star of the Academy etc), but I don't believe he is.

The Smuggler is not. To quote him(her, whatever), when talking to Corso: "Do you think I know what I'm doing? I'm just making it up as I go!". That's...not something a Mary Sue would say.

The Agent, I am interested why you say that Trooper is a MS yet that IA is not. But given the story and how manipulated around the IA is, I have to agree. IA's simply a pawn in the grander scheme of things(like that or not). Even if you play it as an ultra patriot that refuses to use his full potential, he simply doesn't have an atmosphere of a Mary Sue.

Bounty Hunter...now that's a Mary Sue! Does things he shouldn't be able to(kill or defeat so many Jedi)), survive while every single BH is hunting him, convince top ranking Sith to help him, survive being manipulated by that Sith and live to tell the tale. Eh...ok. What else? edit: He can also resist the Mind Trick! What gives?

What did you have in mind for the Force users? To me:

JK = Mary Sue(unless a veteran with prior confrontations with the Sith / the Dark Side)

JC = Space Jesus no matter how you look at it(tho you can be sarcastic I guess)

SW = idk. I'd say SW is a Mary Sue because even if you make it a child of Red Sith royalty...what SW does is too much lol!

SI = A bumbling idiot with too much luck. I mean, what did SI do that wasn't handed to him. Kallig was handed to him by Zash, other ghosts by Kallig and victory over Thana by those ghosts. He'd even have been expelled from the Academy if Zash didn't scheme hard enough...so...yeah. I hate this story. It's a story of "DO NOTHING -> GET R.E.W.A.R.D.E.D.". It's supposed to be a Darth Bane story, but somehow I think they fudged it up.

For the force users the problem is there is no way more years under the belt and different backgrounds change that there all Mary Sue.

Take JK lets say he has previous experience in fighting the sith the same for JC for that matter it does not make them that successful. The Republic-Imperial war is long dozens of years long there plenty of other jedi who have the experience to fight the sith yet none of them do half the accomplishments JK does or JC does none among hundreds.

For the Sith the same thing experience can not change that fact that they had more accomplishments then any other sith of the empire.

There Luke Sywalker and Darth Bane as Mary Sue as they get.

• 3 weeks later...
At the beginning of our class story, we are in our early 20s. By the end of the latest content, i'd say late 20s to early 30s. I believe someone said when the game first launched, that each chapter was a year of time. So, the class story spans three years. I would say there is 2-3 years between each expansion, so it is more likely that our character is in their early 30s and maybe mid 30s even. Edited by cool-dude

At the beginning of our class story, we are in our early 20s. By the end of the latest content, i'd say late 20s to early 30s. I believe someone said when the game first launched, that each chapter was a year of time. So, the class story spans three years. I would say there is 2-3 years between each expansion, so it is more likely that our character is in their early 30s and maybe mid 30s even.

Force users are explicitly pretty young so I can see where you are coming from. But the Hero of Tython was confirmed by writers to be 18 at the beginning of their story making them 28 after KOTFE.

Force users are explicitly pretty young so I can see where you are coming from. But the Hero of Tython was confirmed by writers to be 18 at the beginning of their story making them 28 after KOTFE.

Also it's inferred that the Smuggler is quite young for a ship captain. Now the trooper, he/she is a bit older, probably around 24 or so at the start cause hitting Sgt, that takes a few years.

Imperial agent, probably college age, BH probably around 20. But the force users, probably about as old as Anakin was in Ep 2.

I always played my smuggler as mid to late 20's. i also played my bounty hunter lthe same way. The way they are desc, it seems like both have been doing smuggling/hunting for a while. Both 24 at the earliest because I want to play them as a little more mature then their first companions. Corso seems like he just got off the farm and has really no clue. Mako seems like the same as Corso. Though she would probably roll her eyes at Corso. They both seem to me to have a romantic idea of what the smuggler and hunter does. Even your smuggler can bring that up to Corso in one of the early vonvos.

The trooper I play as mid 20's (23/25) since she has to have a few years of basic.

I play the force users early 20's maybe late teens. YOu figure they are all pretty young.

In speaking of character ages, there is one thing that always interest me...

How much sense would it make if the Emperor's Wrath and Darth Imperious were long lost siblings story-wise?

Back story-wise, I know the Inquistor was a slave but you can say that they was sold into slavery so it could be that maybe Wrath (who would obv be the older sibling here) was sent away a while before their family was enslaved without them even knowing until years later.

Edited by Ackerprincess

In speaking of character ages, there is one thing that always interest me...

How much sense would it make if the Emperor's Wrath and Darth Imperious were long lost siblings story-wise?

Back story-wise, I know the Inquistor was a slave but you can say that they was sold into slavery so it could be that maybe Wrath (who would obv be the older sibling here) was sent away a while before their family was enslaved without them even knowing until years later.

I think that will rely on your creativity to make it work. I can see maybe the Inquisitor being disowned from the family while the Wrath keeps being raised by them, perhaps then Inquisitor became the Wrath's own slave which sparks rivalry before the game even begins.

OR the inquisitor could be a sibling that they thought was dead. Shuttle/ship crash, they think there was no survivors. Someone spotted the doomed ship before rescue could come. Found a few kids who survived , took them and sold them into slavery. They also could have damanged the ship even more to hide their tracks. Edited by LeelaSeventen

OR the inquisitor could be a sibling that they thought was dead. Shuttle/ship crash, they think there was no survivors. Someone spotted the doomed ship before rescue could come. Found a few kids who survived , took them and sold them into slavery. They also could have damanged the ship even more to hide their tracks.

This could work as well. Now I feel like being the Emperor's Wrath and Darth Imperious will get people (in game) suspicious when they look at the two and think "Wait, you guys looks so similar." (Ignoring that the fact this games reuses models like crazy of course :p)

We know that the Warrior became Wrath before the Inquisitor became a member of the Dark Council right because Thanaton was there when Baras fought the Warrior.

Edited by Ackerprincess

Or somehow you create a mirror image of one of your future companions. I somehow made my toon an exact copy of Elara, the trooper companion. I kid you not I had no idea untill I did the meet Elara scene, the only difference was the eyes.

I have even seen other companion faces in the character creation also. I just wish we could do a Aric cathar in the character creation. (I just can't get into the cathar creation).

Edited by LeelaSeventen

That leaves the Smuggler, who by my reckoning is the old man of the eight. An experienced smuggler and starship pilot, with enough reputation to pick up a job running guns into a warzone and enough skill to pull it off. I'll speculate, and suggest him being in the 30-35 range.

Yea, in my 'family tree' my gunslinger is the mother of my two 'twin' jedi, one a male guardian and the other a female sage. Then my Sith Juggernaut is her brother. So, in my backstory, as a non-Force sensitive woman in a powerful Sith family, she was 'given' to a Sith who got her pregnant, so she stole a ship and fled, because she didn't want her children to grow up in the Empire. When they turned out to be Force Sensitive like their family, she gladly gave them up to the Jedi. Then her brother is actually my Light Side Sith Juggernaut, so especially with the story of the LS warrior (which I won't spoil) I say that they are back in contact and working together.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero