Most Boring/Best class/gender voice in game?

jediknightmiles

[stuff]

Athena Karkanis wasn't all that great in the base-game, but she improved a lot by the time of KOTFE/KOTET. You can clearly hear that the actress is enjoying voicing the character and actually has fun with it. I liked her role in these expansions, sure showed us that there's room for improvement.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming in a close second is the male consular's voice. Am I the only person to actually like his voice? XD

No, you're not alone! I love the male Jedi Consular voice and I don't understand why people seem to hate it so much. It fits the class perfectly, as it is a calm, serene and pleasant voice to listen to. It has something sagely about it which is exactly how the Jedi Consular should sound like. I couldn't imagine any other type of voice or tone for the Jedi Consular, as that would simply fall flat. The way the male Consular's voice actor delivers the lines is just perfect for what the Jedi Consular is meant to represent! I love it :D

Male Jedi Knights and Consulars both sound like masters (seasoned/old) already when they're starting the game as padawans. For this they both get my vote for worst voices.

Female consular has to be the best jedi female voice I've every heard from any game or cartoon. Bioware did a great job with casting her.

I love the female voice acting on Inquisitor, Sith Warrior and Trooper most.

Not a big fan of the female consular because it's a bit of an almost motherly, pedantic tone. I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy the story more if the character didn't have that tone. But it's that touch of "I know best" that makes me dislike it. The rest of the female voices are basically all solid for me.

No comment on the male voices cause I don't play them.

Least favorite: female consular, male smuggler. Favorite: male agent, female trooper.

I love the female trooper, The BH voice suits him, especially as my first one was a BT4, the deep voice went well with him. Not sure there's any voice I actually hate.

Most boring/unpleasant? Female Consular, Sith Warrior, Bounty Hunter. Their voices are not feminine at all, they're too rough, like they're pretending to be guys. And they sound pretty monotone, Consular especially.

The best? Male Inquisitor/Warrior and female Agent/Trooper/Inquisitor are my favourites. They're just great.

"That's not fear I smell, is it?"

Best:

Female: SI - Really fit the character I made.

Male: Warrior - Once again, it just fits the character.

Worst:

Female: Con - Just throwing one here that I would mark as the weakest for me. Definitely better than the male counterpart.

Male: Con - I don't know what to say about this one. It just bugged me the entire time. I think I couldn't turn Drake off in my head.

I have a hard time deciding on the best. I think male SW sounds authoritative and eerily noble, which fits all versions of alignment imo. Female smuggler I think is the class character that sounds like the VA had the most fun playing a rogueish chaotic character. Jennifer Hale as female trooper is hard not to like too, there's a reason why she's so good as commander Shepard too.

There are three voices I dislike, male Inquisitor, male smuggler and male consular. Out of all of them I'd say male Consular is my least favourite, purely because I think it's one of Nolan Norths worse performance, man how I wish they'd have him do the male Smuggler, I think he'd have been good at that class character.

My problem with the Inquisitor is that he just sounds cartoonish, the character sounds like they are trying to mock the Sith stereotype constantly.

The male smuggler is purely a personal dislike, the voice actor is simply just such a common voice for NPC's in various games. I can't help but feel like the male smuggler isn't a main character whenever he speaks.

I also don't really enjoy male Trooper, but not because the voice is bad. That voice actor is just Varric from Dragon Age to me and I can't unhear that character when I play male trooper. I feel like he's going to crack jokes, talk about crossbows or suggest Wicked Grace games constantly.

Edited by JuventusAndFCK