The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

TOR Wins game of the year

Jett-Rinn

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell is MSNBC? Isn't it a news channel in the US or something?

Yes, originally the cable news version of NBC, a historic national broadcaster. Now known for deliberate liberal slant and chat shows.

Not known for gaming reviews.

What a load of crap.

As much as I enjoy this game, everyone knows that title hands down goes to Skyrim, for 2011, 2012, and really every year that follows until the next elder scrolls game comes out.

Edited by ndruo

You do get that getting GOTY from a mainstream news source like MSNBC is basically like handing EA the keys to Fort Knox don't you? Good reviews from some hardcore gamers blog doesn't translate into a Bajillion box sales, getting GOTY from MSNBC does. Also G4 and PC gamer have already given it astronomically high scores So I'm pretty sure we can expect both of them to hand Bioware MMO of the year the next time it comes around.

MMo of the year...absolutely.

GoTY? Nah. This coming from a guy who enjoys this game. But still, there are too many good entries this year.

Yes, originally the cable news version of NBC, a historic national broadcaster. Now known for deliberate liberal slant and chat shows.

Not known for gaming reviews.

So they just post about the vidja'game their nephew told them about that's from that Lucas fella that made those space films all the kids liked them years ago.

Gotta love news broadcasters, the old definition used to be: Objective presentation of up to date information on the most important happenings of the day.

The new definition is: SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

How can it win the game of the year for either 2011 or 2012 when it released two weeks before the end of the year and when the article was written it wasn't even a week into 2012? Clear sign of a hype and corporate intermingling with review web sites. They only hurt themselves by publishing such nonsense.

Yet another accolade that can be bought, just like BBB rating whether you're absolutely terrible or not?

I would loooove to know how much MSNBC made off of this little, shameless plug of GOTY.

Everyone put on your tinfoil hats. They're out to get us!

Seriously, give the conspiracy theories a rest.

It's a great game, it's getting accoldaes from everywhere, and is selling like hotcakes.

agree it is better in skyrim in a sense, skyrim did not bring anything big and new from oblivion

dragons where overated and fancy first time you saw them, bad balancing like hell and short.....it got hyped up and this is from someone who played it to the ground( and waiting on moders to make it great like morrowind and oblivion)

ToR on otherhand, despite it bugs and inexperience with mmo (just look at crafting and pvp atm and missing basic stuff and I dont count LFG tool ect but rather want a LFG channel but I get off rail) the story is stunning for a mmo , period

endgame and rest I am not sold on but the story is plenty so I guess I got something to play for a month or 2

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....its been out for how long? And created at least 3 total trainwrecks full of QQ so far......

The forums are full of disappointed players, and its scores by player reviews are mediocre at best.

Talk about ******** accolaids.

It could be reviewed by God or Buddha or whatever you believe in and get a great score but you would still write it off because it's not WoW 2.0 or whatever you wanted it to be. I chuckle in your general direction... :rod_tongue_p: