Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Unassembled Component Changes in 5.4

EricMusco

Your going about this all wrong the components from the dailies are irrelevant, this is why people just afk gsf matches.. you need to make the components per match from warzones more than that of gsf if you want to stop the afk gsf match syndrome

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

As we have mentioned a few times over the past couple of weeks, we are planning some Unassembled Component changes in GU 5.4. This thread is to outline the exact changes you can expect. We had a few goals we wanted to focus on:

• Increase the overall Components a character can get each week via Missions.
  • Increase incentive for Ranked Warzones to increase participation and to ensure it is being properly rewarded compared to unranked.
  • Shift some of the rewards from the Daily Missions into Weekly Missions so it is less punishing if you miss a day.

With that in mind, here are the specifics!

Unranked - Overall, Component rewards earned per week unchanged.

• Daily Mission: Now rewards 10 Components, down from 12.
  • Weekly Mission: Now rewards 54 Components, up from 40.

Ranked - Large changes were made here to really amp up the value of Ranked Missions.

• Solo Daily: Now rewards 15 Components, down from 16.
  • Solo Weekly: Now rewards 100 Components, up from 30.
  • Group Daily: Now rewards 30 Components, up from 20.
  • Group Weekly: Now rewards 200 Components, up from 60.

It is worth noting that the Command XP values of almost all of these Missions have also been buffed. The same is true of the Ranked Season Tokens that you earn from the Ranked Missions. Those are the Mission changes you can expect for Ranked and Unranked coming in 5.4. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Is anyone else getting tired of Bioware posting new information (that they know we will not like) late on Friday afternoons and then disappearing for the weekend? It's like they know what we're going to say and hope we'll forget about it by Monday.

Is anyone else getting tired of Bioware posting new information (that they know we will not like) late on Friday afternoons and then disappearing for the weekend? It's like they know what we're going to say and hope we'll forget about it by Monday.

We wont forget about it by Monday but they will !

Its lazy, cowardly, and shows they have no real intention of communicating "with us", and are happy to continue communicating "at us".

Nothing at all learned during Ben's disastrous tenure as Lead Producer.

In fact those days are looking better by the hour.

All The Best

^ This.

2 more months of this and it will be "Come back Ben Irving all is forgiven".

That's how bad it is getting.

All The Best

You have to question wether Keith actually has much of a say in what is happening or is he just the front man and the real culprits are hidding behind him.

As an avid player I thought Keith would understand the plight of the rest of us. This is why I question if he is just shielding those people who are ruining the game with their agenda.

I really hope he's not the the one making these poor decisions as he seems a decent person and I think he wants to help but can't get past the bureaucracy.

Edited by Icykill_

Yep, it's their MO. Post Friday and make everyone stew all weekend.

Best way we can communicate with them is with our credit cards. Everything else falls on deaf ears. I start to believe that coming to forums is waste of time, as customers we expressed concerns and in turn received only a mid finger from the company. I am just curious what is the next thing they will do exactly the opposite of what players asked for.

Edited by BoySaber

Your going about this all wrong the components from the dailies are irrelevant, this is why people just afk gsf matches.. you need to make the components per match from warzones more than that of gsf if you want to stop the afk gsf match syndrome

And now they will afk ranked warzones. I know I will. Well, I might dance or throw a couple of attacks for the helluvit.

Need to go check how many 4v4 matches I need to lose to get my weekly.

Downloading ffxiv - H2017.06.06.0000.0001k

Time Remaining: Approximately 78 minutes

Download Speed 3.74MB/s

this game has better classes, specs, rotations, pvp, etc etc. but at least that game is fresh and has content and is supported proprely and isn't just some casual crap.

Edited by Hoppinswtor

Wish they had voice actors for the dialogue instead of text

yeah. I don't really play MMOs for the story (I know, I'm missing out because this game has good cutscenes), so it doesn't really bother me.

if they want this to be a casual game, then I'll stick to logging in an hour or two a day....

Edited by Hoppinswtor

if they want this to be a casual game, then I'll stick to logging in an hour or two a day....

I manage that amount of time in a week, maybe. I'm simply not engaged in the grind for gear, it put me off playing. Which is why the UC "change" is a pretty poor one to be making considering the cost of the gear using UC. RNG gearing is pointless, because in my view that's just an awful way to try to gear with the way they implemented it.

Hence, a couple of hours per week now, maybe. Compared to hours per day prior to 5.0.

Its lazy, cowardly, and shows they have no real intention of communicating "with us", and are happy to continue communicating "at us".

Nothing at all learned during Ben's disastrous tenure as Lead Producer.

In fact those days are looking better by the hour.

All The Best

It's almost as if freakin' lot of people believed Keith could ever change anything :rolleyes:

New guy, more show-off, same result.

Edited by BenitsubasaChiyo

It's almost as if freakin' lot of people believed Keith could ever change anything :rolleyes:

He did change the communication which is something I do appreciate.

Also, I do recognise that some of the things people ask here do actually happen. Just not everything and not always in the way people envisioned.

The problem remains that there are just a number of things that could be so much better that are just basically ignored because of, I imagine, resource issues. They let a lot of existing content slide and added new content that just hasn't been as successful as it should've been. I mean how many people actually enjoy replaying the new stories and how many people are really actively doing Uprisings? Both of these things could've been much more successful...but in essence they were set up for failure by bad decisions on various levels.

The most frustrating thing is that when you take all the shouting and raging aside, there were really good arguments for why certain things wouldn't work right and they came true. That's what I find the biggest shame.

These are not helpful changes to me for s number of reasons but first and for most is alts.

I often get a few dailies done on alts but not always weeklies so this means even slower gearing of alts, thanks there that's needed.

Technically you can gear all your alts with just 1 character, you all know that right?

Sure it's not convenient, but you can get sorc stuff on operative as well as on sorc. Then all you need to do is put the candy into legacystuff and you're good :p

Technically you can gear all your alts with just 1 character, you all know that right?

Sure it's not convenient, but you can get sorc stuff on operative as well as on sorc. Then all you need to do is put the candy into legacystuff and you're good :p

Oh could you explain how to do that with earpieces, implants and relics? Cause that's just over a third of your gear.

Crafted 246s will serve until the alts can grow up and go to the store on their own ; )

Well, I was responding to the comment that said that "technically" you can gear your alts with one character.

Your answer means you need three characters to do so.

As a sidenote, the cost of ripping mods on gold gear is probably the trade off. At 50k a mod that's a fair bit of cash when you have lots of alts.

Eh, if it were up to me, PvP would grant zero UCs and bolster would go up to 244, maybe even 246. Let the PVP crowd have their skill vs skill environment they so desire.

On the other hand, most PvE activities could grant some UCs -- Operations and Veteran/ Master Flashpoints Operations come to mind.

You have to question wether Keith actually has much of a say in what is happening or is he just the front man and the real culprits are hidding behind him.

I really hope he's not the the one making these poor decisions as he seems a decent person and I think he wants to help but can't get past the bureaucracy.

It's almost as if freakin' lot of people believed Keith could ever change anything

The producer just following orders has also been a theory of mine.

Consider that 5.0 is using the end game gear and content as subscriber bait. Weekly Flashpoint, Operations, and PVP passes where removed, with the endgame becoming subscriber only - rebranded as "Galactic Command".

Whereas with 4.0's subscriber bait was monthly Chapters and occasional subscriber gifts.

Ten months into 5.0, the only time "Galactic Command" worked for me was the the one week period in July which featured Double CXP.

Edited by jimmorrisson

Well, I was responding to the comment that said that "technically" you can gear your alts with one character.

Your answer means you need three characters to do so.

As a sidenote, the cost of ripping mods on gold gear is probably the trade off. At 50k a mod that's a fair bit of cash when you have lots of alts.

246 earpieces implants and relics are almost as good as the 248 - the difference is absolutely minor and probably only makes a difference in 1 out of 100 cases. And you can buy them from gtn or ask another one to craft them for you.

Yeah mod removal is expensive, but you don't do it all the time - usually you buy the gear with those little orange shields and put them into it - then you just swap it to the character you want them on.

Besides that, I hardly know a mmo where you don't need to farm your stuff. In many you actually need to farm several weeks to just get one piece. And then they are mostly soulbound or stuff like that.

You are basically saying that you want the very best gear that is out there and with minimum effort - probably best if you get a mail with a little box in it where all the 248 gear pops out once you reach 70?

Then again, I guess the only thing you can always count on is that people are always unhappy - some will always see only the bad things.

Wish you a lovely day o/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.