Empty world?

Vegamann

Hello, I am a new player and recently started subbing as I find the game quite fun. But it seems empty, when im around the world and in the fleet I never usually see anyone. I come from WoW as an MMO-player and there was always places to hang out, Ironforge(back in the day), Orgrimmar as horde and Stormwind as alliance, wether it was duelling outside the city or afk-ing/trading inside, point is there was always places you did not feel alone in the game and you would bump into people every now and then questing(alot of people in the end game areas). How is this in comparrison to swtor? Is there somewhere to hang out? Duel? Meet other players? Or is it just that the game is dying and everyone is leaving? Edited by Vegamann

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which server did you create your character on? Maybe you chose one that is not very populated.

If you share where you reside (EU, NA East/West, APAC), we could suggest a more populated server for your location.

Which server did you create your character on? Maybe you chose one that is not very populated.

If you share where you reside (EU, NA East/West, APAC), we could suggest a more populated server for your location.

I created my characters on Tomb of Freedom Nadd

and this is exactly what new players should not have to put up with. there isnt a sign warning its close to empty server(s)

for those playing for several years they now exactly where to transfer or which are not ok servers, but prolly somone liked the name or looked for pvp server and got stuck in there. ok transfers are quite cheap but even so..

merge servers BW :)

and this is exactly what new players should not have to put up with. there isnt a sign warning its close to empty server(s)

for those playing for several years they now exactly where to transfer or which are not ok servers, but prolly somone liked the name or looked for pvp server and got stuck in there. ok transfers are quite cheap but even so..

Well, atleast the server is dead and not the game... but yea I agree

Yeah, the idea Bioware had that "new ppl will fill in the servers" was terrible and its not working, it only scares the people away if they see the game has no players. Those who do not bother to go to reddit or forums to ask about population will most probably leave the game right away.

its simply sad :(

Wich one is better? Both PVP/PVE? Or is it same same?

Well, atleast the server is dead and not the game... but yea I agree

If you only started you can either start from scratch on The Red Eclipse or transfer your toons, if you subbed you should ahve 500 cc and one trasnsfer is 90 cartel coins.

Wich one is better? Both PVP/PVE? Or is it same same?

There is no PVP/PVE anymore, you have instances, you are by default in the PVE instance where you cant PVP, then you can swap instances to PVP, which are mostly empty, but you can PVP there. This way all servers are practically PVP and PVE servers now.

Transfer (or make a new toon, since you just started, you shouldn't have much to re-do) to The Red Eclipse. It's the most populated European server. I'm on TRE, PvP queues pop often (more so if you're Imperial) if you're into PvP.

PvP instances on planets could still be empty. Open world PvP doesn't seem to work here much, but I don't do that, so don't quote me on that ;)

AGREED 100%!!! Merge the servers. Close the dead ones. It's ludicrous that any new player should ever have to make a post like this. For every one post like this, how many 100's don't post at all and just assume what they experienced is 'typical' and they quit without giving it a second thought?

Oh ffs, stop turning another thread to your holy "merge the servers" crusade :p Help the OP or not, but this is not about you.

I'm confused...did you happen to read the original post? He's complaining about an empty server...or "world" as he called it. How do you not see the correlation between that and "we need server mergers"?

I'm confused...did you happen to read the original post? He's complaining about an empty server...or "world" as he called it. How do you not see the correlation between that and "we need server mergers"?

Merge the dead server instead? I'm not willing to expend the money needed for double the character slots I currently have so that someone can get a faster PvP pop, when it only costs 90CC to transfer.

An alternative is to just close down PvP. It's so dreadfully popular that we have another thread about merges because the OP can't get a pop on a populated server, according to him, anyway. It serves no purpose, other than leading to periodic nerfs for "balance" anyway. Winning means nothing, losing means nothing == PvP means nothing. If "But it's fun" was a valid argument, then the poster of that other thread wouldn't be having any issues with queue pops, again, according to him, on a populated server. After all, if it's fun, people would be doing it enough to get queue pops, yes?

Merge the dead server instead? I'm not willing to expend the money needed for double the character slots I currently have so that someone can get a faster PvP pop, when it only costs 90CC to transfer.

An alternative is to just close down PvP. It's so dreadfully popular that we have another thread about merges because the OP can't get a pop on a populated server, according to him, anyway. It serves no purpose, other than leading to periodic nerfs for "balance" anyway. Winning means nothing, losing means nothing == PvP means nothing. If "But it's fun" was a valid argument, then the poster of that other thread wouldn't be having any issues with queue pops, again, according to him, on a populated server. After all, if it's fun, people would be doing it enough to get queue pops, yes?

I like how you're too cheap to accommodate your 50 toons, but you have no issue asking others to pay so you don't have to.

It's not about PvP either. It's about anything group related.

I like how you're too cheap to accommodate your 50 toons, but you have no issue asking others to pay so you don't have to.

Who says he has 50 toons? If you merge them into a mega server that could easily be 100 or more for a lot of people. And yes, one person paying 90cc to move is a lot cheaper than many deciding which characters they can play because you can't HAVE 100 characters on a server.

I'm not seeing a problem on Shadowlands. Haven't tried any group stuff today, but even doing heroics I was tripping over people on both factions. So yeah, I don't want to, as I pointed out in the "make a decision" thread, make sacrifices for someone else. 500 coins a month for a sub is 5 transfers, with some change left over. Add a security key, for those that don't already have it, and it's even easier to move all of one's toons where they'll be happier.

It goes deeper than character slots too. I don't want to re-invest the hours I have in decorating my SHs, I've already done the work, and since I'm not observing a problem, why should I want to do it again? Why should I have to scramble to rename toons, if it comes up, which it will, just with my own toons, some have the same name for "tracking" reasons, when I'm not having the issue that seems to pop up every 3-4 months. Every time it's the death knell for swtor, until it isn't, and then BAM, it's back again.

It goes deeper than character slots too. I don't want to re-invest the hours I have in decorating my SHs, I've already done the work, and since I'm not observing a problem, why should I want to do it again? Why should I have to scramble to rename toons, if it comes up, which it will, just with my own toons, some have the same name for "tracking" reasons, when I'm not having the issue that seems to pop up every 3-4 months. Every time it's the death knell for swtor, until it isn't, and then BAM, it's back again.

Because you don't play in a vacuum. That's the problem with MMOs - even if something doesn't effect you, it can.

Who says he has 50 toons?
The point is, it doesn't matter how many toons he actually has. Ultimately, what is best for the health of this game is what needs to happen...I believe that to be mergers. ESPECIALLY merging and closing the servers we all consider to be "dead".

The point is, it doesn't matter how many toons he actually has. Ultimately, what is best for the health of this game is what needs to happen...I believe that to be mergers. ESPECIALLY merging and closing the servers we all consider to be "dead".

It matters to me. However, the solution is simple, except for that guy that can't seem to get pops for PvP on a populated server, transfer toons. It's cheap, and it's been cheap for a long time. If "it's what's good for the health of the game" then surely you won't mind redecorating your SH or deleting excess toons because you can't buy enough slots to accommodate them all?