Updates on missing companions.

DeltaBos

I know I'm probably a small majority and know its expensive but I really hope conversations do not get shorted. I'd rather have just one mission with it correctly than ten with that KOTOR version. I need to hear my character to speak if I'm expected to have any chance of immersion.

The voice actor strike is still ongoing though it is showing signs of finally winding down apparently. But until it does end, only projects agreed to prior to February 2015 are being worked on.

Dude they have really thinked this through, don't fool yourself mate xD. Taking away the companions and giving us the possibility to have them back is a good plan from Bioware to keep ppl subbed to the game. Just in a weird way .....

Not even close. Just like the Dark Sanctuary on the Gravestone. How did a place imbued by the Dark Side of the Force get on a ship built by droids? How does that happen? Charles Boyd doesn't know. And he signed off on the story.

There is absolutely no point whatsoever in staying subbed to get comps back. Plus, we haven't gotten any comps back since Chapter 14 of KOTFE months ago. I'm not counting Senya.

While the story of KotFE wasnt what I wanted (I would have preferred more planets like Rishi/Yavin) I did enjoy the regular chapters, with returning companions.

Lets not forget the KotET was technically very well done, with lots of new & interesting gameplay mechanics which made a nice change.

But I am extremely UHAPPY that the monthly chapters have been ditched, and our missing crew companions have not returned via a emotionally satisfying story element.

As a story loving sub (also a game whale, I used to buy loads of crates) I am seriously considering dropping my sub when it expires.

There was a six month gap (in game) between KOTFE and KOTET? Surely that would of been the ideal time to bring back all the remaining companions?

In fact, I hope they do a prequel to KOTET, (yeah I know, a long shot) I would rather see the other companions brought back during the Zakuul Arc than whatever the hell is going on with the Iokath story.

100 credits says the Eternal Alliance is going to tear itself a part based on the decision we made concerning who to ally with ... we destroyed our own Empire!

The voice actor strike is still ongoing though it is showing signs of finally winding down apparently. But until it does end, only projects agreed to prior to February 2015 are being worked on.

Man, that two years worth of work. Almost three. I had no idea there was a strike. Of course, I usually have no idea when anyone strikes.

• 4 weeks later...
Here's my issue, and it has nothing to do with "I want x companion back because they're my favorite." It has to do with the terrible choices they made for the story, and that is the removal of both Scourge and Kira, the two most important companions in all of swtor. The entire premise of these two were the fact they both held special stories that dealt specifically with the emperor, to the extent of one being controlled by him and the other spending a few hundred years trying to kill him, yet bioware just so happened to ignore this pinnacle part of the story and instead throw in characters like Scorpio, T7 (which I loved T7, but it made little sense to bring the droid back), Kalio, even Torian. It pushed the two characters that would of had the best reason to be there fighting the Eternal Throne, especially with their connection to the Emperor who they kept feeling throughout the story, even after the Knight "killed him."

I heard some will be coming back soon, but they're be class specific and get your attention via alliance alerts. Look, I'm all for them using an Alliance Alert to let me/my character know 'oh hey we found your friend/husband/wife, go get them!'

But I swear to God, if Bioware cheapens out and makes our reunions with our LIs in the KOTOR style dialogue where the companion is talking and I'm clicking on links to 'chat' I'm going to be pissed. Non-love interests, okay fine, sure, be cheap bastards, but NOT our LIs.

If they want to use the Alert to tell my Smuggler her husband is around here somewhere, awesome.

If they want to use the Alert to tell my Jedi her husband is around here somewhere, cool.

But my husbands/wives should have me chatting with them and them chatting back and us having a little cutscene or whatever.

If Tharan Cedrax, or Scourge, or Zenith, or whoever not one of our LIs come back and they get cheap on us and use the Alliance Alert KOTOR style 'chatting' fine, but NOT our LIs.

Bioware, Love Interests require cutscenes and actual interaction, not them talking and me standing there picking my nose.

Don't be cheap. If you've done the KOTOR style with our LIs, you better bring our characters' voice actors back in and record some quick dialogue, because that **** ain't going to fly.

I heard some will be coming back soon, but they're be class specific and get your attention via alliance alerts. Look, I'm all for them using an Alliance Alert to let me/my character know 'oh hey we found your friend/husband/wife, go get them!'

But I swear to God, if Bioware cheapens out and makes our reunions with our LIs in the KOTOR style dialogue where the companion is talking and I'm clicking on links to 'chat' I'm going to be pissed. Non-love interests, okay fine, sure, be cheap bastards, but NOT our LIs.

If they want to use the Alert to tell my Smuggler her husband is around here somewhere, awesome.

If they want to use the Alert to tell my Jedi her husband is around here somewhere, cool.

But my husbands/wives should have me chatting with them and them chatting back and us having a little cutscene or whatever.

If Tharan Cedrax, or Scourge, or Zenith, or whoever not one of our LIs come back and they get cheap on us and use the Alliance Alert KOTOR style 'chatting' fine, but NOT our LIs.

Bioware, Love Interests require cutscenes and actual interaction, not them talking and me standing there picking my nose.

Don't be cheap. If you've done the KOTOR style with our LIs, you better bring our characters' voice actors back in and record some quick dialogue, because that **** ain't going to fly.

I just heard about this and if it's true I will be really upset. You are right, they can't bring back LI's in that way, you'd think they would have learned how much these returns mean to us, especially after the Quinn/Dorne fiasco.

But I swear to God, if Bioware cheapens out and makes our reunions with our LIs in the KOTOR style dialogue where the companion is talking and I'm clicking on links to 'chat' I'm going to be pissed. Non-love interests, okay fine, sure, be cheap LADIES AND GENTLEMEN :D, but NOT our LIs.

Quoted just so the Devs see THIS and TAKE NOTE!!!! :cool:

Edited so they don't get pissed and delete the post. ;)

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

There was absolutely no forethought whatsoever put into this.

There was forethought. They imagined we'd slog through alert after alert, gaining boxes by doing old content long enough to buy them time to write something. In the minds of BioWare, we're still happy doing H2s and Star fortresses several times a day/week/month while we wait patiently and pay our subs like happy little drones..

Reality is, people got bored after a week, and wanted more content they couldn't deliver. - the situation is the same after nearly 2 years waiting.

If your GF/BF hasn't written, called or contacted you after ~2 years IRL ( 5-6 years in-game time) , chances are they never will.

There was forethought. They imagined we'd slog through alert after alert, gaining boxes by doing old content long enough to buy them time to write something. In the minds of BioWare, we're still happy doing H2s and Star fortresses several times a day/week/month while we wait patiently and pay our subs like happy little drones..

Reality is, people got bored after a week, and wanted more content they couldn't deliver. - the situation is the same after nearly 2 years waiting.

If your GF/BF hasn't written, called or contacted you after ~2 years IRL ( 5-6 years in-game time) , chances are they never will.

You would think they would, you know?

Doc seemed head over heels in love with my JK, but I haven't received **** from him. It's not like he doesn't know I exist any longer. I've made an announcement about the traitor, I've told the galaxy the Eternal Alliance is for peace and I've got pubs and imps who joined my happy butt. You'd think he'd be like YAY SHE'S ALIVE! But not so much as a post card.

Quinn I could sort of understand. He was in jail for a long time. But then he thought his wife wouldn't take him back. Which she did. At least he'll say **** this with the Empire if you join the Republic. Unlike Dorne who is all scandalized if you join the Empire or were a big old meanie butt.

Corso, Iresso, Vector (!) all should have gone 'oh hey she's back!!' but they've been silent. Like they think I forgot about them. It's been 6 years for THEM, but only 1 year for ME.