Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

KeithKanneg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been playing for about six months. Rigth now I have three legacy gear sets that would work for the 242 requirement: one for tank, one focused on critical and the other on allacrity.

But I still know very little about ops and almost nothing about HM fp. The greatest barrier is finding a good group. ..[/QUOTE]

shocking...

thank the crowd crowing for story story... when can I F my companion again... Oo a stronghold and crappy cartel items yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ON A SERIOUS NOTE-

Why is your tank using crit and alacrity....SERIOUSLY WHY?

I'm assuming you have a Sin tank or shadow (don't ask I'm a jedi)

http://dulfy.net/2017/01/29/swtor-5-0-kinetic-combat-shadow-pve-guide-by-numy/

look at that, and get a grip.

count yourself as one of the few, this game has become one of the many trashy mmos produced over the last decade and a half. the problem with people like you is you don't want to truly play an mmo, you want an online single player. To do that to an mmo is like buying a bugatti and never putting it on the freeway!

I've played mmos since EverQuest 2 and had an abusive relationship with SWG while cheating with WoW. It sickens me that WoW is still the king of MMO because that means MMOs are dead. Ultimately EA needs to cut it's losses on this game, which is essentially down to one server, and start over with the franchise.

I would love to see an open world hybrid with post Return of the Jedi era setting. I think you guys would really love an open world mmo where you have a chance to create your own story at your own pace. A lot of people mocked Star Wars Galaxies (SWG) for having artisans and entertainers but for people who can't tie their shoelaces it's a perfect option. It allows you to be social and play in a non-threatening environment while still contributing.

In closing:

A lot of what I say is in frustration over a long career of passionately playing these games. I implore you players who are holding this game back and will hold future mmos back, please research the games you are playing! There is always information out there, and learn to build on harsh words.

Everyone has been called a noob, bad, trash, pleb, mouth-breathing waste of life scum bag piece of garbage... its a mean world kids and it preys on the weak, but sometimes it's true and if you take it and learn from it you get better. Ultimately, if you play an online game, you will be verbally assaulted and sometimes it's the mean truth.

tips:

-reddit is always solid information if you spend time looking

-join a guild of players that are better than you not worse

-download voice programs and data parsing (all games have them)

-CHALLENGE YOURSELF DONT SIT ON EASY CONTENT!

No thanks, I neither need nor want your tips.

1. There isn't one specific way to play an MMO, and you don't get to judge what other players should or should not do.

2. It's not anyone else's job to mold THEIR paid online gaming experience to what YOU expect them to do.

3. Mature adults actually don't need to trash each other online, and when you sit there screaming about how other players are "bad" or call them names - because they don't like what YOU or play the game the way you want- all you do is contribute to bad stereotypes of gamers. Growing up is a good thing sometimes. Honest.

4. There are a lot of diverse players in this game. Ops, PvP, PvE, RPG, etc. The game was designed to accommodate that. It is what it is.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Last complaint I am going to make today:Oh its Tiered

-Tier 1 complaint: I am outperforming most people in gear that is (haha) two tiers behind

-Tier 2 complaint: Why am I doing this when I have not researched the game in two years?

Tier 3 complaint: What is the problem?

I really want to know the answer to the Tier 3 complaint, what is the matter with you guys that can't complete ops beyond Ev and Kp and are doing two tiers behind expected values with your classes?

I'm upset by it, I have been for a decade of these games and in 2017 when everyone in this world has a F'n opinion why are you not reviewing information, absorbing it, and improving?!

On a final note!

Keith, its been a pleasure seeing you try to revive this dead rotting husk of a game. Ben Irving really slashed it up like Jack the Ripper and EA handed him the knives.

On behalf of a veteran of this game (since launch) I want to extend that we don't blame you, and anyone who blames you is an ***. You're not working with a full deck and EA should be ashamed, but I've seen EA operate for 2.5 decades and I know it has no shame.

Its a crime that EA has control of the star wars gaming IP, they S the bed with everything that they do but to be fair to EA everyone S's the bed with star wars products...

I digress.. Keith thank you for your hardwork and dedication, as someone who still wants to play this game I appreciate it and I wish EA the best of luck on the next attempt.... if there is one....

No thanks, I neither need nor want your tips.

1. There isn't one specific way to play an MMO, and you don't get to judge what other players should or should not do.

Um you're right but its hard to find a niche community when the game is the size of a backyard pond. I do however, get to judge you, since I have to deal with the way you play. If I decide not to play with you then you lose out and worse if others make the same decision I make you are excluded from content of the game.

The choice to be bad works in both directions.

2. It's not anyone else's job to mold THEIR paid online gaming experience to what YOU expect them to do.

Again this is just repeating number 1, you play with other people... they prefer to play with competent players. If you decide to be incompetent, you put yourself at the risk of not finding groups.

3. Mature adults actually don't need to trash each other online, and when you sit there screaming about how other players are "bad" or call them names - because they don't like what YOU or play the game the way you want- all you do is contribute to bad stereotypes of gamers. Growing up is a good thing sometimes. Honest.

Pretty sure adults trash each other all the time, and here is the larger issue... some adults need to learn how to take criticism. If you can't take criticism, don't be asked to be treated like an adult.

4. There are a lot of diverse players in this game. Ops, PvP, PvE, RPG, etc. The game was designed to accommodate that. It is what it is.

This is a misconception, Modern MMOs are made off of Raiding. Ask WoW if raiding makes it sucessful... 10+ years of being the king because it has built its game on endgame massive content (though massive has shrunk over the years... like the talent pool)

Edited by dontbeswg

THIS GAME ISN'T FOR YOU, AND THE MINUTE THEY MADE IT FOR YOU, IT DIED. Sorry but mmos are made for massive multiplayer content and the minute you people that play this game that don't understand finally do the better this game will be.

At the risk of feeding a fairly obvious troll:

Take your own advice, mate. There are scores of MMOs out there, some that emphasize raiding, some that emphasize PVP, some that emphasize sandbox elements, and yes, this one that emphasizes being story-centric / solo-friendly.

Some people enjoy [X].

Some people enjoy [Y].

Some MMOs focus on [X].

Some MMOs focus on [Y].

If you like [X], then play a game that gives you [X]. There's no need to go out of your way to a game that specifically focuses on providing [Y] to players who enjoy [Y] and complain about the fact that it isn't focusing on [X].

Not every MMO on the market needs to focus on your preferred playstyle - particularly when there are plenty that already do - it is okay for this MMO to focus on things that other people prefer.

Edited by DarthDymond

At the risk of feeding a fairly obvious troll:

Take your own advice, mate. There are scores of MMOs out there, some that emphasize raiding, some that emphasize PVP, some that emphasize sandbox elements, and yes, this one that emphasizes being story-centric / solo-friendly.

You think I'm trolling? This game is down to one server (don't even say it's not this game is the size of a inflatable backyard pool you can pick up at walmart for 9.95).. kids when this game was created it was designed to take on WoW for the foreseeable future... it's dead now.

The mmo genre is dead my friends, and the reason is because no MMO that isn't named wow made in the last decade plus has executed a very simple strategy, make fun raids and make them often .

Let's look at these other mmos you speak of:

ESO - dead

Black Desert - dead

Final Fantasy Reborn - re-dead

LOTRO- who cares it's probably dead!

Guild Wars 2 - Dulfy plays it... hey where is dulfy? probably WoW!

Let's look at the common theme of these games------

ESO- no REAL RAIDING!

Black Desert- 0 end game!

Final Fantasy- if it has raiding no one cares

LOTRO - raids? nope at least not when people talked about it

Guild Wars 2- looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool no raids

So you folks just keep pitching that, well ... everyone like... plays what they want... they space... they F their companions... they hook up crap they bought on the home shopping network that is the cartel market...

THESE ARE SIDE DISHES FOR F%%^% SAKE GTA V HAS A GOLFING MINI GAME! YOU CAN PLAY YOUR STUPID STORY CRAP AND UNRANK WARZONES TILL YOUR BALLS ARE BLUE THIS GAME STILL SHOULD HAVE OPERATIONS REGULARLY RELEASED ITS A FREAKING SUB BASED GAME CHRIST!!!!

[color="Red"
] Um you're right but its hard to find a niche community when the game is the size of a backyard pond. I do however, get to judge you, since I have to deal with the way you play. If I decide not to play with you then you lose out and worse if others make the same decision I make you are excluded from content of the game.

The choice to be bad works in both directions.[/color]

And we get to Judge you as well. I play with a group that does various things and various operations and completed them, but with your attitude you would not be welcome. We take new people and help them and don't judge them. Most people on this game do not have a problem with others doing other things that they like. You are very rude and hateful to others and that is why you would not be welcome in our group.

Again this is just repeating number 1, you play with other people... they prefer to play with competent players. If you decide to be incompetent, you put yourself at the risk of not finding groups.

Actually we can choose who we play with and from my experience (I have played other MMO games as well) the person who spouts off the most is usually the one that makes the most mistakes and blames everyone else.

Pretty sure adults trash each other all the time, and here is the larger issue... some adults need to learn how to take criticism. If you can't take criticism, don't be asked to be treated like an adult.
Most adults have grown up and act like adults since that kind of behavior is not acceptable is some profession areas, but I guess you would need to be a professional to know that and not to act like a child who is stomping their feet because they didn't get their way.

[color="Red"This is a misconception, Modern MMOs are made off of Raiding. Ask WoW if raiding makes it sucessful... 10+ years of being the king because it has built its game on endgame massive content (though massive has shrunk over the years... like the talent pool)[/color

That might have been true in the past, but most companies are smart enough to know it takes all types of people to play a game and they create various aspects to a game and if you can't adjust to it, then it is your problem not the other person's. Calling people names and being a jerk about it will not get you anyone to play with, it only puts you on more ignore lists.

[color=Red"

And we get to Judge you as well. I play with a group that does various things and various operations and completed them, but with your attitude you would not be welcome. We take new people and help them and don't judge them. Most people on this game do not have a problem with others doing other things that they like. You are very rude and hateful to others and that is why you would not be welcome in our group.

That's fine, I'm assuming your group doesn't clear content because if it does then you're lying. Ultimately you are going to have to confront someone about their play, and if you do... not all cases will be successful because;

1) Some people do not listen

2) Some people do not believe they are at fault EVER

3) Some people do not respect you no matter how nice and flowery you are

4) Some people do not improve for unknown reasons that are outside of your remote control (Ie. you would need to address ergonomic issues)

So feel free to judge me but I've been at this as long as anyone left, I'm just too tired to deal with pleasantries.

I agree that people can always be nicer, but just because you're nice doesn't mean the problems go away, and for you to say we only accept nice people and get S&^* done is full of S&^*.

Edited by dontbeswg

since we are going far off the rails....

I want the word CASUAL GAMER eliminated... there is no "casual gamer" only the LAZY GAMER.

Call it what you will, not everyone is interested in playing the way you do. If that makes me lazy in your eyes, so be it.

What enjoyment does a person have at not being any good at a game? What fun does anyone have at not being able to have access to a community?

I'm really frustrated and angry because I truly love MMOs and they are going away for more fidget spinning friendly games, but!!!!!!!

I am curious, for the community of SWTOR gamers that commonly does operations with 248 gear but does not attempt all of the ops:

1) Why are you not trying them?

2)Have you read anything online?

a) If so what?

b) If not why?

3) Are you currently using a voice program?

a) do you find it useful?

b) if not, why?

4) Are you currently using starparse?

a) if so how do you use it?

b) if not why?

Why play a game if you have not interest in getting better?

Lots of people pay for the story, the chance to do something with friends who live far away, or the chance to meet people who they might not otherwise.

I am part of a casual guild, we have players we never ever step foot in any group content yet they are happy to chat with us, help the guild open rooms on our ship, donate millions to our guild funds and get heavily involved in conquest. We have others on the opposite side who only show for our ops runs. We have a pretty fair mix and lots of people in between. We also have a wide range of skill levels. But there are many ways to play this game and many don't require you to ever get any better at the mechanics because that is not why they are here.

Um you're right but its hard to find a niche community when the game is the size of a backyard pond. I do however, get to judge you, since I have to deal with the way you play. If I decide not to play with you then you lose out and worse if others make the same decision I make you are excluded from content of the game.

The choice to be bad works in both directions.

Actually, given your attitude, I would wager that others are deciding not to play with you, rather than the other way around. Avoiding someone who interacts with others the way you have interacted here would not be a loss to me or my in-game experience in any way, shape or form.

You have such anger about the way other people enjoy their game - but that isn't any other player's issue to solve or address.

Why play a game if you have not interest in getting better?

Getting better at what exactly? I don't enjoy ops, I enjoy PvP and story those are the only things I do in game.

Edited by Eshvara

Lots of people pay for the story, the chance to do something with friends who live far away, or the chance to meet people who they might not otherwise.

I am part of a casual guild, we have players we never ever step foot in any group content yet they are happy to chat with us, help the guild open rooms on our ship, donate millions to our guild funds and get heavily involved in conquest. We have others on the opposite side who only show for our ops runs. We have a pretty fair mix and lots of people in between. We also have a wide range of skill levels. But there are many ways to play this game and many don't require you to ever get any better at the mechanics because that is not why they are here.

The thing is that is all a part of improvement it builds, ultimately this game has elements in it that if you don't prepare for you can't enjoy. I'm sure everyone of those players at one point has a desire to play the operations, or even the flashpoints and if they just go in there happy go lucky all the time they won't be able to enjoy it as much as if they put in a little more effort.

Why would someone shoot a basket ball if they never make a shot? I don't buy that everyone can't play this game. Most people log onto this game for hours, if you spend one hour a day on this game you have put enough investment into it to play operations. More over if you are paying 15 a month and you are not raiding...

Actually, given your attitude, I would wager that others are deciding not to play with you, rather than the other way around. Avoiding someone who interacts with others the way you have interacted here would not be a loss to me or my in-game experience in any way, shape or form.

You have such anger about the way other people enjoy their game - but that isn't any other player's issue to solve or address.

Yes, tons of people are enjoy this game... hence the declining population.