weekly cxp cap?

Jeweledleah

does it still exist. i remember it was a thing, back when GC just came out and was MUCH slower to acquire. but the rate of acquisition has changed and double xp event makes it go even faster especially if you do something like ops (I understand that group content is supposed to be faster, but it is ridiculously, insanely significantly faster then solo options - which IMO should be brought up a bit, if you are going to keep this system).

so... is there still weekly cap? was it increased? is it the same as before? just curious. thanks

does it still exist. i remember it was a thing, back when GC just came out and was MUCH slower to acquire. but the rate of acquisition has changed and double xp event makes it go even faster especially if you do something like ops (I understand that group content is supposed to be faster, but it is ridiculously, insanely significantly faster then solo options - which IMO should be brought up a bit, if you are going to keep this system).

so... is there still weekly cap? was it increased? is it the same as before? just curious. thanks

Well if it is a cap, it's extremely high because I went like 40-50 levels yesterday to T3-T4.

Since the cap was emplaced as something to stop "exploits we haven't thought of," I doubt it'll ever go away. I fyou hit the cap, though, say something. It's supposed to be "impossible to hit in legitimate play," though IIRC someone did manage to hit it with legitimate play by grinding a LOT early in 5.x; one of the reasons they radically reduced kill-reward CXP, though they've been tuning that higher recently.

I got 130 levels yesterday by popping CXP packs and doing a couple weeklies so I doubt it still exists.

I also heard no one complain when 5.2 came out, and some people saved a LOT of CXP packs for T4 crates.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Since the cap was emplaced as something to stop "exploits we haven't thought of," I doubt it'll ever go away. I fyou hit the cap, though, say something. It's supposed to be "impossible to hit in legitimate play," though IIRC someone did manage to hit it with legitimate play by grinding a LOT early in 5.x; one of the reasons they radically reduced kill-reward CXP, though they've been tuning that higher recently.

There were a lot of people who hit the cap in the early stages of 5.0. It required about 39 hours of Fractured farming in a week to hit it. At the time, there were groups that would run 10 hours straight per day to farm the levels.

it WAS impossible without exploiting, but they popped the kill xp back up, as far as i could tell from running a few things, not to mention - just finishing, legitimately 2 ops last night, without using any of the packs - got me something like 30 levels? in about 2 hours.

I got 130 levels yesterday by popping CXP packs and doing a couple weeklies so I doubt it still exists.

I also heard no one complain when 5.2 came out, and some people saved a LOT of CXP packs for T4 crates.

cool beans, thank you :)

like other reply said, i haven't seen them say anything about removing or adjusting it, so was just wondering.

There were a lot of people who hit the cap in the early stages of 5.0. It required about 39 hours of Fractured farming in a week to hit it. At the time, there were groups that would run 10 hours straight per day to farm the levels.

If you're putting in almost as much time in SWTOR as I do in my day job, well, I think you're working too hard at it. That's awe-inspiring at the very least.

If you're putting in almost as much time in SWTOR as I do in my day job, well, I think you're working too hard at it. That's awe-inspiring at the very least.

There were a lot of us on Christmas vacation (or retired in some cases) at the time, so no jobs needed and lots of time was put into rushing the levels.

• 1 year later...

today i reached the cxp cap, after i had opened 7 Strorages with cxp Packs.

We just have double CXP week and with Command Boost.

sry for bad english:

Ich habe heute das CXP Cap erreicht, nachdem ich bei einer Doppel XP Woche mit Komando Boost 7 Laderampen mit CXP Packs geöffnet habe. naja ich glaube ich habe daraus ca 4 LAderampen mit Listen bekommen :D

ITS REAL!!!!