Make HM/NIM mount drop in SM as well

Slowpokeking

There is a way to,get it, You don't want to do it that way....so stomp your feet and throw a fit, is that really your plan?.....seriously?.....oh well I think your plan lacks class but hey it might work...but let's all hope not.

Again put away the fallacy, WHY does it matter if someone could get other ways to get it? How would it hurt your feeling at all? Did it damage some rule of the universe? I just don't get it. You still run the same ops and get the same thing, actually I even asked all of those to drop 100% in NIM. Why does it matter to you if I could get another way for it?

I don't want to do it again but seems like you don't get it.

There was a way to get SWTOR, paying 49$.

There was a way to finish your personal story, spending 2-3 weeks like 70 hours to get your char to 50.

There was a way to get a FP group, call out on fleet.

There was a way to finish Prelude of SoR, queue for all 4 fps.

There was...

Should I keep bring it up? There is a way doesn't mean it should always be the way, which is why we get patches and changes as time goes by, just like in real life. It really doesn't hurt any of you if the mount drops for non raiders unless you build your pride on what others "couldn't get". Let me ask you once more, WHY does it matter to you at all? It doesn't hurt your gaming at all.

Edited by Slowpokeking

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again put away the fallacy, WHY does it matter if someone could get other ways to get it? How would it hurt your feeling at all? Did it damage some rule of the universe? I just don't get it. You still run the same ops and get the same thing, actually I even asked all of those to drop 100% in NIM. Why does it matter to you if I could get another way for it?

I don't want to do it again but seems like you don't get it.

There was a way to get SWTOR, paying 49$.

There was a way to finish your personal story, spending 2-3 weeks like 70 hours to get your char to 50.

There was a way to get a FP group, call out on fleet.

There was a way to finish Prelude of SoR, queue for all 4 fps.

There was...

Should I keep bring it up? There is a way doesn't mean it should always be the way, which is why we get patches and changes as time goes by, just like in real life. It really doesn't hurt any of you if the mount drops for non raiders unless you build your pride on what others "couldn't get". Let me ask you once more, WHY does it matter to you at all? It doesn't hurt your gaming at all.

Well this has gone on long enough for me, I should have dropped out long ago so may last word here is I hope you are ignored by the devs and your request forgotten. You may continue with your stomping I shall leave you in peace.

Well this has gone on long enough for me, I should have dropped out long ago so may last word here is I hope you are ignored by the devs and your request forgotten. You may continue with your stomping I shall leave you in peace.

See? You couldn't answer this question throughout the conversation, there is nothing wrong to simply be honest.

It doesn't hurt me to see someone with, for example Wings of the Architect. But, I know that in order for that person to have it, they either:

1) Put in the effort, which isn't trivial, and got the lucky loot roll (or traded with one of the team members)

2) Paid a team to carry them through it.

Either way, it doesn't hurt me or my gameplay experience because they can neither disrupt the in game economy by flooding the market with cheap Wings, nor do they have a specific advantage by using that speeder. In fact, depending on the speeder chosen for comparison, they may be at a subtle disadvantange.

I don't fault MM raiders for feeling proud of earning a MM mount, nor do I fault a player for earning the credits (legitimately) to pay for a sale run. Maybe it has nothing to do with pride at all, but they want it to complete a collection or finish decorating something in their stronghold. I highly doubt they care that I have a slightly lower chance of getting knocked off my speeder or take slightly less damage than they do trying to zip through a bunch of mobs.

If the devs wanted to, they could give everyone a pair of Wings from character creation. But then, there is one less incentive to do master mode Brontes. And this is not the time to be alienating these players. Because they are the people that write the guides, construct the models that we use for optimizing our stat distribution, produce the videos and streams so others can learn, figure out the optimal rotations, etc. And, in many cases, they are part of the Influencer program, which means they provide early feedback on game systems that will directly impact the rest of us.

Why does it matter? Because it trivializes their achievement irrespective of the wounded pride. It's like handing out Valedictorian to everyone in the graduating class. Even considering the fact that the encounters may be under-tuned for characters 15 levels above the original design, there are only a handful of guilds that still do these. I know this to be true, because if there were more players who had Brontes on farm then the price of Wings runs would go down significantly because of competition. Simple supply and demand. And that's really why you made this thread, isn't it? Because you could go over to T3-M4 and buy a Wings run from <Berserk>, just like I paid them for a run for something I wanted to have.

Would you be satisfied if the drop rate for Wings of the Architect in story mode Brontes was about as much as the drop rate on a Czerka Crate O Matic? What drop rate would you be satisfied with? What rate would satisfy your desire to have the wings and not trivialize their accomplishment? Yes, the mount is not the only incentive to do MM Brontes, but it is a big one.

See? You couldn't answer this question throughout the conversation, there is nothing wrong to simply be honest.

many have answered your questions and analogies and even your insults. You've demonstrated over and over that you don't care about other people's input so continuing to seek it is just silly. You have made up your mind and won't be swayed. Which is fine. But if you're seeking to change other people's minds you'll need a better counter argument than "WHY" and "get a life".

Why? You chose to face challenge and beat it is the best reward you've got. Especially after so many years.

/notsigned™

If all that matters is completing the challenge of the operation then why do *you* want the mounts so badly?

Just more whining from people to have what others have without having to do what's required. So give me all the PvP ranked rewards even though I don't play ranked, ok?

It doesn't hurt me to see someone with, for example Wings of the Architect. But, I know that in order for that person to have it, they either:

1) Put in the effort, which isn't trivial, and got the lucky loot roll (or traded with one of the team members)

2) Paid a team to carry them through it.

So how does it hurt you if someone got it from DF SM or HM? Does it simple make your day terrifying and couldn't endure such horrible thing?

Either way, it doesn't hurt me or my gameplay experience because they can neither disrupt the in game economy by flooding the market with cheap Wings, nor do they have a specific advantage by using that speeder. In fact, depending on the speeder chosen for comparison, they may be at a subtle disadvantange.

So if it drops from SM or HM, it disrupt the game economy and hurts the market?

I don't fault MM raiders for feeling proud of earning a MM mount, nor do I fault a player for earning the credits (legitimately) to pay for a sale run. Maybe it has nothing to do with pride at all, but they want it to complete a collection or finish decorating something in their stronghold. I highly doubt they care that I have a slightly lower chance of getting knocked off my speeder or take slightly less damage than they do trying to zip through a bunch of mobs.

They could feel proud all day, nobody's having problem, but some people here feel proud when others can't get something.

If the devs wanted to, they could give everyone a pair of Wings from character creation. But then, there is one less incentive to do master mode Brontes. And this is not the time to be alienating these players. Because they are the people that write the guides, construct the models that we use for optimizing our stat distribution, produce the videos and streams so others can learn, figure out the optimal rotations, etc. And, in many cases, they are part of the Influencer program, which means they provide early feedback on game systems that will directly impact the rest of us.

If they do all these simply for a mount rather than the fun and challenge, then it's ok to stop it.

NIM Brontes is a cool fight, but it's also been out for like 4 years, which is very old for a raid content, there would be nothing wrong if ppl no longer do it anymore. Seriously, if I'm a raider, I would have lost interest on such old content long ago and would switch to new content already. We've already got every info we've got, it's ok to move on. I don't see any problem with it. I do see problem if some people still stick with such old content with their "pride" and don't want others to touch it.

Why does it matter? Because it trivializes their achievement irrespective of the wounded pride. It's like handing out Valedictorian to everyone in the graduating class. Even considering the fact that the encounters may be under-tuned for characters 15 levels above the original design, there are only a handful of guilds that still do these. I know this to be true, because if there were more players who had Brontes on farm then the price of Wings runs would go down significantly because of competition. .

What wounded pride? If their pride is about how others don't get it, then it's better to be hurt. Achievement is about you've done it in a proud way, not about how others have done it later with easier way.

It's not Valedictorian, it's simply a in game reward. You are comparing game gear with academic achievement? Seriously? Seriously? Seriously? Sorry but pls remember this is a game, you don't get any real life achievement from it. You really need to get a life if you try to prove you are better than others in a MMORPG game.

They've beaten it long ago, they've had all the fame and fun. Why does it matter if someone could get it easily now? Both in games and real life there are very rare stuff become easy/cheap to get over time. Like the Korrelais series and tons of achievement, it becomes much easier to get now. If someone's pride got hurt because others could get a mount in a easy way. Then I would suggest them to realize this is just a game, there is nothing to be really proud of, even if there is, it's about your achievement, how hard you have tried to beat the game. Not how someone else get a reward or not.

Simple supply and demand. And that's really why you made this thread, isn't it? Because you could go over to T3-M4 and buy a Wings run from <Berserk>, just like I paid them for a run for something I wanted to have

Don't bring up this fallacy again, otherwise you guys should all have paid 49$ to purchase this game+RotC, because I've done it.

Would you be satisfied if the drop rate for Wings of the Architect in story mode Brontes was about as much as the drop rate on a Czerka Crate O Matic? What drop rate would you be satisfied with?

I would be fine as long as there is a chance to get it. I've run story FP to death to get the mount. I'm willing to spend the effort, just not changing my gaming style. Simple.

What rate would satisfy your desire to have the wings and not trivialize their accomplishment? Yes, the mount is not the only incentive to do MM Brontes, but it is a big one.

Again, if you can't endure someone else getting what you've got with easier path, in a MMORPG game. You need to get a life. Seriously. No offense.

Edited by Slowpokeking

/notsigned™

If all that matters is completing the challenge of the operation then why do *you* want the mounts so badly?

Just more whining from people to have what others have without having to do what's required. So give me all the PvP ranked rewards even though I don't play ranked, ok?

I don't want such challenge because I don't want to stick with groups to keep on raid. I just hope the mount could be get with other ways.

Also, there are early PVP rank rewards become obtainable easily now. AKA Korrealis series.

Every mode, even SM is a challenge for people.

So I ask again, if just completing an operation is all that matters, why do *YOU* want the mount so badly? You say the "rewards" don't matter but yet you want the rewards.

Every mode, even SM is a challenge for people.

So I ask again, if just completing an operation is all that matters, why do *YOU* want the mount so badly? You say the "rewards" don't matter but yet you want the rewards.

No, I made it clear I want the mount, but others brought up all the reasons about why they don't want to see others can get the mount easily. So I just point out that the real achievement you've got from the ops is the process, not the reward.

See the difference? I like the mount, I don't care if other people can spend less effort than me to get it. They don't, they don't allow others to have it with easier or different path. Which is silly if they think it show some "pride".

Tell me again, how does it hurt your feeling if others can have these mounts without doing NIM mode? Does it make your day so dark? Maybe I can help you to get happier with it.

I like the mount but I don't want to change my way of gaming, I no longer want to stick with a group, set fixed schedule to raid anymore. Just like some ppl didn't want to pay 49$ to play this game and they no longer have to now. Shall I blame Bioware for it? No.

Edited by Slowpokeking

They could feel proud all day, nobody's having problem, but some people here feel proud when others can't get something.

Nobody said you can't get something, in fact, you CAN get something, you just don't want to do what it takes to get it.

Nobody said you can't get something, in fact, you CAN get something, you just don't want to do what it takes to get it.

How does it hurt you if I can get it with different path? Tell me how would it hurt your feeling or ruin your game, let me understand it. I promise I will never show it to you if we are on the same server.

This game once cost 49$(39+RotC) to purchase, so should I ask you pay the additional amount if you didn't pay that much? This game once require like 50-70 hours to get one character to 50, should I ask you to spend the same effort if you didn't with your recent characters? This game once got no GF, should I ask you to go to the fleet if you want to group for FP? I could keep go on until you realize that you DIDN'T spend the same effort as the old players to get things done in this game, should we feel mad about it? NO! Then why should you be mad on this topic?

Edited by Slowpokeking

You're saying you want everything in the game just handed to you for picking your nose?

You want the game to completely change to fit YOU and screw everyone else who plays the game the way the game is supposed to be played.

Selfish much?

How does it hurt you if I can get it with different path? Tell me how would it hurt your feeling or ruin your game, let me understand it. I promise I will never show it to you if we are on the same server.

It would hurt my feelings and ruin my game.

Why are your feelings so hurt cuz you don't have it? Why can't you play the game cuz you don't have it?

Ultimately, you need to go away, this thread is nothing but whining condescension from you all cuz you don't want to put any effort into getting what you want and screw everyone else who actually does what it takes.

If NIM is solo content, then you got a point, sorry it isn't. You need a group to do anything. I simply don't want to change my game style, honestly even if I am a raider, I won't want to try such old content, nor would I would care about did the content or the reward become pub obtainable. I would simply want new content to try on, simple.

Like I've said, many contents weren't that easy/nice like they are now, shall we change it back to make it fair for everybody to "earn" it with effort like the 1.0 or 2.0 players? NO, that's not the case, same with these content and reward. There is nothing wrong to let people get it in other ways.

I can live without Wings, but seems like some people here can't live with other people having wings from different ways.

Good. You should have no problem letting this go and living without them if you are not willing to put forth the effort to EARN them, and that means finding a group and doing <GASP> GROUP content.

I fully expect more of the "I want to earn them, but only if I can earn them my way by doing easy faceroll solo stuff, so BW needs to cater to me and let me have those wings I covet with little to no effort.", though.

Wow, i have to give credit to the OP for making such a daring post in the first place.

Anyway, I understand your viewpoint that the rewards are old and by now, in other games you can solo the operations and get what you want, but thats why Bioware introduced level sync and scaling instances. The game simply does not have enough content to keep the players busy and subbed so they had to buff the current content to top level in order for the game not to die. If they wanted for people to get these mounts easily they wouldnt have scaled the operations. It was too easy to get this stuff in 3.0 with being 5 levels over the operation bosses.

Next, it would be a slap in the face for hundreds or thousands of people that wasted anything from 50-200 mil for the mounts as sales runs. Even for you it shouldnt be hard to pay a guild to get it. I got a DP Rancor for as little as 50 mil a few weeks ago, no crystals nothing, its an easy fight.

Lastly Bioware already made steps in this way with the Eternal Championship, you have a chance to get the Rancor which is a reskin of the DP NiM rancor!! Its actually a rare and unique mount!

It could work like the statue decors, NIM has a 100% chance to drop, HM has a decent chance and SM with a smaller one.

No point to lock them behind a small group of people anymore.

That's exactly the point. Wings of the Architect, as an example, is a very visible symbol/reward for being able to clear that OP on that specific difficulty mode.

As someone who really wants that mount, and has close to ZERO chance of getting it via gameplay, I'm OK with that system.

It would hurt my feelings and ruin my game.

Why are your feelings so hurt cuz you don't have it? Why can't you play the game cuz you don't have it?

Ultimately, you need to go away, this thread is nothing but whining condescension from you all cuz you don't want to put any effort into getting what you want and screw everyone else who actually does what it takes.

Tell me how does it hurt you? You build your fun of the game entirely on someone doesn't get something?

You're saying you want everything in the game just handed to you for picking your nose?

You want the game to completely change to fit YOU and screw everyone else who plays the game the way the game is supposed to be played.

Selfish much?

I want a mount, it's simple, it's not going to break the game or hurt anyone's gaming, they could still run the same ops and get the same thing. Why does it matter to you?

By your logic, we would still have lived in the 1.0 era if we don't need any change as long as there is a way, pls tell me about my question, don't avoid it.

This game once cost 49$(39+RotC) to purchase, so should I ask you pay the additional amount if you didn't pay that much? This game once require like 50-70 hours to get one character to 50, should I ask you to spend the same effort if you didn't with your recent characters? This game once got no GF, should I ask you to go to the fleet if you want to group for FP? I could keep go on until you realize that you DIDN'T spend the same effort as the old players to get things done in this game, should we feel mad about it? NO! Then why should you be mad on this topic?

Good. You should have no problem letting this go and living without them if you are not willing to put forth the effort to EARN them, and that means finding a group and doing <GASP> GROUP content.

I fully expect more of the "I want to earn them, but only if I can earn them my way by doing easy faceroll solo stuff, so BW needs to cater to me and let me have those wings I covet with little to no effort.", though.

No, the problem is some people CAN'T LIVE with someone getting the mount without doing NIM.

Stop the fallacy here, answer my previous question.

Grinding mobs or doing many side quests or do ship missions once was necessary to finish your personal story.

Stay on fleet to yell for once was necessary to get a FP group.

Queue for group once was necessary for Preclude of SoR.

PVP with pub/imp toon once was necessary for Korrealis Prince/Sovereign

Korrealis Baron/Commander once sold for 1m(which is at least 10-15m by today) from vendor.

So did you go through all of these by earning it like the old players in 1.0? Did you get to play this game by paying 49$ like we old players? Then should I tell you to learn to earn it rather than enjoy the current content format of this game?

That's not how MMO works, that's not how real life item works, I don't get why you still can't learn it.

Edited by Slowpokeking

^^^This. The OP just needs to start raiding and earn his way into a HM\NiM group. It's bad enough that the old NiM gear is now purchasable via Dark Side\Light Side tokens.

Yeah, you probably need to start to learn to play this game in the 1.0 style and pay 49$ to get a touch to this game right?

That's exactly the point. Wings of the Architect, as an example, is a very visible symbol/reward for being able to clear that OP on that specific difficulty mode.

As someone who really wants that mount, and has close to ZERO chance of getting it via gameplay, I'm OK with that system.

Oh yeah, you seriously need a in game mount to show how awesome you are. You will get seriously hurt if someone else could get it by other means.

Seriously get a life.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.