Queues on East Coast Servers

EricMusco

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really have not seen a change in lag or latency or ping. I get solid pin from northern California of 2-25 for west coast and 90-95 to east coast, and have seen no recent changes. I know some people insist the servers are all in the same location now... but Pingplotter clearly disputes this. So unless the studio is putting in an artificial delay of 70ms from west coast to an east coast labeled server (which would make no sense at all)... there are still two distinct server locations in the US.

BELOW ARE CORRECT LOCATIONS

The East Coast load balancer / servers are in Redwood City, CA Electronic Arts Complex:

http://www.ip-tracker.org/locator/ip-lookup.php?ip=159.153.92.28

Where they POP out impacts the ping times to your location. Pop means point of presense.

Edited by IntegrationArch

I just got a queue of 26 people on The Ebon Hawk. It disappeared very quickly but still wanted to let you know.

I also ran into a short queue on the Ebon Hawk at about 11:15 PM Central Time. I was able to log on in a minute or so.

BELOW ARE CORRECT LOCATIONS

The East Coast load balancer / servers are in Redwood City, CA Electronic Arts Complex:

http://www.ip-tracker.org/locator/ip-lookup.php?ip=159.153.92.28

Where they POP out impacts the ping times to your location. Pop means point of presense.

Those are the registration addresses, not the physical locations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dev Post

The Jedi Covenant server is now be ready for logins. We're still looking at the root issue, but apparently related to a stuck process which caused everything to backup. The queuing you experienced is an automatic/failsafe mechanism to prevent further logins and thus allow the Database to catch up.

We do not know if there will be any rollbacks for the players who were online at the time. My apologies for the inconvenience this caused you.

Regards,

Keith---

The Jedi Covenant server is now be ready for logins. We're still looking at the root issue, but apparently related to a stuck process which caused everything to backup. The queuing you experienced is an automatic/failsafe mechanism to prevent further logins and thus allow the Database to catch up.

We do not know if there will be any rollbacks for the players who were online at the time. My apologies for the inconvenience this caused you.

Regards,

Keith---

Keith -

Looks like there are still issues, Jedi Covenant's conquest scores have all been reset.

http://imgur.com/2JewnxO

Regards,

Keith---

I'm sorry, but the fact that you cannot tell whether your database has rolled back or not deeply worries me. A hung process, or a deadlock, that's fine and can happen for a lot of reasons, but...being unable to tell the SCN of the database (or whatever the equivalent in your system is) is really...strange.