Discussion Topic: Discussion Topics!

EricMusco

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread was started on July 13, not yet a week ago. To me, the topic of this thread doesn't lend itself to gold post replies at this point. It's a gathering of potential future dev discussion topics.

I would like to see the devs give a reply by date. Open-ended "give us your feedback" threads eventually feel stale to me. For example, the "Server Merge Discussion Thread" started six weeks ago; last dev response almost a month ago. There's currently no end in sight for that thread.

Have a cut-off date for player input. Start a new thread in the future as needed.

I think Keith Kanneg established a much better communication with the playerbase than what we had before, and I appreciate that. Mostly, I think calls for dev posts are more along the lines of, "Devs, you're still listening, right?"

No. We need a BW course correction commitment announced like i said to help reverse sub populaton decline on thinned out servers among other things. The game needs surgical and technical updates to keep it on par with the field of competition. Edited by IntegrationArch

I understand losing their true meaning in the swamp of expectations we all have. My perspective is I see more open dialogue from them and see it as a net positive. I don't feel put out because Keith or Eric or company didn't quote me in a gold post, but some people see that as a lack of two-way communication. They've openly said multiple times that they're reading everything but can't respond to everything. And would we really want that? If they responded to every forum, Reddit, twit, and PM, they'd spend zero time in internal meetings going over all the things we're posting. Do we want them personally responding to every little thing or actively working on making the game better?

Can BW be clearer sometimes? Sure, but they might be in a position to feel they've been clear enough and don't also need additional posts of clarification if they feel they said enough in the beginning.

Yet an update every now and then summarizing a few of the major concerns they see in the thread from the player base and their concerns is so difficult?

You/they state: "can't respond to everything"

The reality is lately closer to "can't respond to anything".

I don't deny the level of communication has improved, the level of discussion has not. I would have no problem with that if they would stop pretending like it's any different from what we've always had in regards to discussion.

These should be called "feedback topics" not "discussion topics" as I see it.

Can BW be clearer sometimes? Sure, but they might be in a position to feel they've been clear enough and don't also need additional posts of clarification if they feel they said enough in the beginning.

I can feel like I've been clear enough too sometimes, but if what I'm saying just doesn't seem to translate to quite a few people, I'd be concerned, question myself and review my post and in case it was true, I'd be as specific as I can be. Should that really again show no results then there wouldn't be much I can do at that time.

We all know they're reading everything and can't respond to everything, it isn't something new they came up with since Keith joined. Pretty much every Dev on every gaming forum says the same thing and nobody is doubting that.

Here at swtor we've been craving for more communication, we got more communication and we're all glad we did. Does that mean people have to sit down and shut up because we went from 2 Dev posts per 100 player post to 5 Dev posts per 100 player posts? If that's satisfying to you, great! If people were all like you, we'd have no problems. Unfortunately people have different opinions and there's no right or wrong.

If someone such as GhostCrawler can take time and answer detailed questions about WoW while working for Riot games, you'd think our own Devs could post a bit more often about the game they're actually working on. Should it really be impossible to respond to more, does the problem lie with us? Or the possibility that they are understaffed?

When Charles posted about the story, he was very specific and gave us a detailed elaboration of why things went the way they did. We all appreciated that, even though some did not agree with what was said. But at least we didn't go back and say how he never told us anything or were uninformed.

But if they feel like they've really been as clear as they can be with us on this subject and we should all be getting it, then there isn't anything we can do.

No point on going back and forth on something when it has been set in stone.

Edited by Eshvara

don't need new discussion topics. you don't care about players opinion or communication. if you were really interestet in the players than show us how you handle the mass of discussion topics here in the forum.

what about the zillions of postings regarding ****** class balance ? merc for example. why did you nerf dps and not the 3 god modes ? why the hell is the buff of the madness sorc so miserable and over the top you nerfed the sorc bubble. really that's all far beyond every logic and players like me don't understand why you simply cant get it done right. august is not far away and still no postings about adjusting class balance in 5.4

I have one question:

Why is the Makeb daily and heroics not on the planetary command rotation? I went through them all over the weekend and noticed that those do not come up and not sure why when they are also part of the conquest.

I don't feel put out because Keith or Eric or company didn't quote me in a gold post, but some people see that as a lack of two-way communication.

Utter rubbish and you know it.

Two-way communication would mean addressing the concerns as presented by the playerbase.

This thread is a prime example of how Bioware are NOT doing that.

I don't care if I or anyone else gets quoted in a gold post.

I do care if our questions and concerns are answered or not.

All The Best

Utter rubbish and you know it.

Two-way communication would mean addressing the concerns as presented by the playerbase.

This thread is a prime example of how Bioware are NOT doing that.

I don't care if I or anyone else gets quoted in a gold post.

I do care if our questions and concerns are answered or not.

All The Best

Some people here act like it is a personal affront that a dev didn't respond to them personally, and you know it.

This thread was not made to address anything. It was to get a tally of the future discussion topics that we as players want to have, and they're going to map out the weekly discussion threads from it, just like Musco said.

Again, conflating "promises" that never existed.

Now this is mostly on BW/EA--We went from almost no communication beyond maintenance/patch announcements, to more than we're used to (or ready for, it seems), and some people are still complaining it isn't enough. That very well may be true, but they gotta get there! This thread is exactly for that purpose!

Perfect world, Eric drops in before the next discussion thread is posted and lets us know how our input went. "100 people wanted companions addressed, 150 people wanted Strongholds addressed, 200 people wanted class balance for PvP addressed immediately, 250 people wanted a new Op faster, etc etc. We will discuss in the next thread Ops. Then we'll talk about class balance (again) in the next one.

And so on. Yes, communication could be better. Keith has admitted it to all of us a few times already. Can we please let the drought end through normal rain instead of flash floods and broken dams?

inb4 "it's more like sprinkling than rain"

Watch the "Argument Clinic" sketch of Monty Python.

And watch all the Monty Python you possibly can(get a dedicated monitor) to keep you in a good mood to play this game

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DoYlzTdSZeI4&ved=0ahUKEwjJ2r3ospbVAhXM5iYKHZuoDz8QtwIISjAL&usg=AFQjCNF0SwtY5ALMfNU2PK_K5Re_TkAP5w

Edited by IntegrationArch

Just so Bioware is aware:

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/discussion

A Discussion requires more than one party. In this discussion the Parties involved are "The Players" and "Bioware".

If one of those Parties is absent this isn't a discussion.

Please stop calling these threads "Discussions" unless you are actually prepared to be involved in the thread beyond the opening post.

Shocking customer relationship management.

All The Best

Just so Bioware is aware:

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/discussion

A Discussion requires more than one party. In this discussion the Parties involved are "The Players" and "Bioware".

If one of those Parties is absent this isn't a discussion.

Please stop calling these threads "Discussions" unless you are actually prepared to be involved in the thread beyond the opening post.

Shocking customer relationship management.

All The Best

They should just call the discussion topic threads "toxic bombs"... just about ever single one has turned toxic at some point along the way or has been taken completely off topic... there is zero Mod in them..

It just seems like smoke and mirrors... they see a hot topic we want addressed, but they aren't ready to do anything... so they chuck a toxic grenade at the topic and let the players battle it out against each other and they can just ignore the topic for a while longer.

A prime example is the Bolster discussion they "started" on the 29th June and have not posted in since. That's nearly a month. We had about 10+ pages of 3 people attacking each other and completely off track.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=926155

Zero moderation on the topic and all the actual real discussion was flooded out with this noise from a few idiots who hijacked the thread. The thread has run its course now because most new posters haven't read any of the old ones that contained information because they can't see it and the threads getting large. Bioware need to participate if they want the players to behave and give real feed back. Just about every thread that Bioware actually participates in is rather civil and the thread is moderated. It's why I call the ones they start and never participate in, toxic bombs

Edited by Icykill_

I'd love to see a DT on game's user interface improvements, I feel like there would be a ton of ideas, not including mine (I have a long, long list).

What's wrong with the current interface? It's much better than most other games and is really customisable as well as not requiring addons.

What's wrong with the current interface? It's much better than most other games and is really customisable as well as not requiring addons.
There's absolutely nothing wrong, it is pretty amazing, I just think there are some things that could be added to make it even better, i.e. new keyboard shortcuts options, resizable windows, font size control, color scheme control and so on.

I like this game a lot until the forced level sync and "boost all ops to 70" arrived.

Every MMO content have its lifespan, especially group content. If the intended target has lost interest on it, it's time to move on, set new carrot for them and thus the old content needs to switch its position.

If you keep the same difficulty, then it will pretty much die out because the intended target, the raiders has gone for the new content and the casuals aren't gonna group up for such hard raid. The World bosses have the same problem.

Even the most hardcore MMO, which you need a group to level up to if you are not so good on solo, let you solo on old raid bosses.

GW2 uses level sync, yes,but it's a different game.

1. It doesn't have a trinity system, other than raid, there is no need for specific role.

2. You don't need to group up for loot, so most of the world bosses are zergable.

3. The dungeons are short and easy for max leveled players, the only hard one Arah got fewer ppl to group.

SWTOR has chosen to focus on the story since KotFE, which didn't please the raiders and definitely didn't give a good sign to attract new raiders, but on group content, 4.0 made all ops to level 70 again and level sync players in the fp. So this has greatly limited casual players' content. We can see ppl mostly just ask for the SM ops and EV/KP HM rather than all the HM or even NIM sometimes.

But at the same time it didn't please the raiders because it's really old to them. I didn't raid much but I could understand it. I don't want to run those very old fp with a group anymore because I had already run them many times in the 1.0 era. So the level sync/boost ops had hurt both sides. The raiders got bored due to lack of new content. The casuals still got blocked by the old content. Even the two SoR ops is 2 years+8 months old.

It's time to change this. Pls give ppl the option to turn off level sync and run the old ops on their original level.

I would like returning companions to be a topic sometime.

I completely agree. And yes, i do realize everything changed in 5 years and the developers need time to come up with meaningful stories, I'm not expecting everyone to be as happy as Qizen Fess was when he saw me " oh cool,the Scorekeeper's Herald is alive, hooray, everyone pack your bags we going to Odessen" .