The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So...How many skimpy dressed Lanas do you think we're going to see today?

DarthPrimus

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does she have to be dressed in a sensuous outfit at all, and why do male players feel the need to continually objectify any powerful female character they have and turn them into a pet/sex object?

Why does it matter at all? It's a fantasy. You are more than welcome to dress your male companions and skimpy clothes as well. It works both ways.

I don't know. I always liked Senya's personality, and since they gave her a face lift, I think she's pretty attractive now in a total sexy older woman kind of way.

I <3 Senya. And she was a total dish when she was younger.

Why does it matter at all? It's a fantasy. You are more than welcome to dress your male companions and skimpy clothes as well. It works both ways.

Actually, you can't. The skimpy/slave clothes are only for female characters.

And it seems like some dudebros can't respect female characters/companions unless they're dressed like Hooters waitresses and taken down a peg, the same way they harass female players with disgusting comments. It's a lack of respect. Nothing to be done about it but that doesn't mean one has to like it.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Actually, you can't. The skimpy/slave clothes are only for female characters. And it's something dudebros in the game do to objectify and demean, which does make it problematic, the same way they harass female players. They can't respect or have a female companion unless she's dressed like a Hooters waitress.

I am not sure where you are playing but I have only been harassed one time in all the time I have been playing (since launch). Most of the guys that know I am female give me respect whether or not I am wearing skimpy clothing or not. I have over 16 outfits and I have some very skimpy clothing I wear. I have always been treated with respect , other than maybe a couple of times.

Yes their are extroverted or skipy outfits that work on male/females, even invisible. STAR WARS itself is not bound by P.C.ness limits by design.

They used to be more popular packs but you cant get all of them anymore. They were a freak show but hilarious in PvP and all the bell hats or Rishi hats and toothpick. Some still available.

Slave girl one is 100% movie lore so blame Lucas.

Edited by IntegrationArch

And it seems like some dudebros can't respect female characters/companions unless they're dressed like Hooters waitresses and taken down a peg, the same way they harass female players with disgusting comments. It's a lack of respect. Nothing to be done about it but that doesn't mean one has to like it.

This isn't true at all. In fact, I tried Xoxaan's set on one of my male toons and it shows way more skin than on the female. Same thing with Darth Sion's Pauldron and that one smuggler trench coat that I have on my smuggler that shows a bare chest on a male.

Anything skimpy that you can put on a female you can put on a male - and it's usually way more revealing on guys. I'm fine with it as long as it works both ways, and also because it's a freaking video game.

I don't dress my Lana with that kind of clothes, but it's a game, other players have their rights to do so .

BTW I put twilek dancers around Satele Shan's statue in my SH!:D

I've never been harassed on swtor by anyone, it happend on wow and Aion a looong time ago, but never on swtor. I'm sure it happens though. There's one guy on my server on the fleet who seems to keep all the ladies close! I thought it was a girl being nice first, but it's a dude. Nothing harmful, it just looks beyond silly. I don't think there's didn't anything disrespectful about dressing your character or companion skimpy, they are toons not people. I never quite understand people who are so offended by it.

Generally from what I see, people are disrespectful to everyone, men and women alike on my server.

Well I tried putting Lana in an Exotic Dancers outfit and quickly took it off of her. She is one scary pale yellow eyed woman. It is best to leave her fully dressed less you want a walking terror stalking you every where you go.

I usually put all my girls in skimpy clothes but there are a few that are just too scary to put in revealing outfits and Lana is one of them.

I am not sure where you are playing but I have only been harassed one time in all the time I have been playing (since launch). Most of the guys that know I am female give me respect whether or not I am wearing skimpy clothing or not. I have over 16 outfits and I have some very skimpy clothing I wear. I have always been treated with respect , other than maybe a couple of times.

I had one instance of someone following my Assassinette round Quesh saying BS like "sexy" and so on. OK, she was wearing the Darth Andeddu set (minus the helmet, thanks), but really, dude, give it a break. I changed her outfit slot to the one holding the Synthetic Biofiber suit, and the moron got bored and went away.

On the topic of skimpy Lanas:

* Commandogirl Kylath gave her a Black/Deep Red BBA Bounty Tracker suit, like the whole crew wears. Not skimpy.

* 3-year(1) Shadow Lyuze gave her a full set of the SoR-style Lana Beniko's Armor. Not skimpy. Lyuze wears Shadowsilk Aegis.

* Vigiguardiannette Tikreva'tarsil gave her a pretty skimpy set, notably Darth Andeddu's shorts and the Fancy Dancer top, with Ultrachrome boots, but that isn't skimpier than what Tikreva'tarsil wears herself. (Hunt in my posting history to find pictures...)

* Empire's Wrath Xalari'pelarth is crafting a set of Charged Hypercloth Force-Expert's Armor. Two maniacs wearing that and wielding red sabres should look pretty scary.

I didnt see any skimpy Lanas yesterday, all Lanas I came across were pretty much all covered up. Some very nice looking armor combinations too.

I gave my old Kjell Dragon tunic for her, suits her very well.

Edited by Kiesu

Is that a Black/Black or a Black Primary?

Either way I admire your commitment to your NPC's

The main pieces of Xoxxan's only show the primary, so any dye with primary black works. I used a crafted black/red. New black shoes and you are set! I tried quite a few belts, but they were a distraction, not an enhancement. Fierce yellow eyes are the only accessory you need ;)