Discussion Thread: Galactic Starfighter

EricMusco

I guess this is a friction point.

I would like to see GS be more alt friendly. Ideally I would like all GS points to be legacy wide. If this is too much then I suggest something along one or more of these approaches.

1- Allow points to be moved to a legacy bank at some amount less than 100% conversion

2- All ship mastery to apply legacy wide

3- create a new currency that accrues legacy wide

4- have companion unlocks apply legacy wide

Thanks for the topic.

Edited by VarKoE

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish there was a PVE element to GSF. No not those silly rail shooters. I'm talking about a 4 man strike squad doing a PVE mission similar to that of a flashpoint or uprising. These could also help teach skills to those who want to learn. I know there is a tutorial but it does nothing to help teach them against live fire intelligently moving targets. I run an event for my guild every week to try to teach people but it makes it difficult in a PVP format when the opponents we go against are hardcore players. It only turns them away from it. I can't help but think a 4 man PVE mission would bring a huge amount of interest into GSF that wasn't there before.

I think the same problem would still exist. There's no easy way to learn GSF. You just have to keep plugging away bit by bit and for many players, having to learn a game without real instruction just won't do. In the space missions, it took me a bit to get the mechanics of just maneuvering down. Then the rest. I then go to GSF and it seems nothing I learned in those missions applied. Each ship is a new lesson which we don't get a chance to learn before boom. The space missions should be our introduction to it but that doesn't seem to be the case. Or I have much more to learn than I thought.

I could write a book about how I would switch the ship types into four classes, and just let us customize them however we want based on what's available for that ship-type. I could also go into how the hitboxes need to be different for each size of ship, and how there should be a co-op PVE version...

But the reality is, that I really just wanted to post to Bret Hoffman how freaking thankful I am that GSF got made in the first place. With not too much of a stretch, you can make some amazing ships and have extremely dynamic battles. Yes, it takes the community to not lopside it really bad, or to bully people, but the reality is that GSF is very very good.

It was an extremely bold and brave idea to make some kind of PVP that didn't rely on ingame level, and it pulled that off amazingly. It was skill-based, which a lot of people appreciated. I know with just a few small tweaks, GSF can continue being amazing.

Thanks again so much Bret Hoffman. I really mean it. GSF is something to be extremely proud of. Thanks for hanging in there with us, for us.