Players "Wall of Crazy" ideas

Icykill_

My "crazy idea" is to repair and improve on the Stronghold system we already have --

1) Fix bugs and glitches with existing decorations.

2) Add more hook options to existing decorations, especially those with only 1 option.

3) Add a pattern of Small and Medium Narrow hooks overlapping Centerpiece hooks.

4) Fix stronghold bugs, such as broken hooks and repeating intro videos.

5) Add more Floor Covering hooks to existing strongholds.

6) Restore drops of flashpoint and operation decorations that have disappeared.

7) Add a way to obtain Cartel Certificates.

8) Add new decorations to vendors and Cartel Market direct sale.

9) Increase limits on decorations such as Felucia Stato.

10) Give us the ability to donate Anniversary decorations to the guild using Purchase For Guild.

I completely support the idea of putting PVP and RP tags on specific servers. A server always feels empty if the majority of the population doesn't engage in your favorite style of play.

Edited by Xina_LA

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my crazy idea would be to make it with cartel coins, instead of buying packs and having horrible rgn( think that's what its called) u use those coins to directly buy the armors from the cartel market, obviously the higher the rating, the more expensive it will be

Revert to the 4.0 gearing system so I can play all those alt's I made prior to 5.0.

Stop clinging to RnG as a "cop out" rather than adding true depth to game systems.

Shut the game down if you cannot afford to properly invest in a team large enough to develop and release adequate content.

I want a Star Wars RPG that is given the resources and attention the IP deserves...

There you go...May be harsh but it is also honest.

Edited by Soljin

Well you asked for crazy:

1. A dye system that lets a large number of players use a large selection of dyes on a large selection of outfits instead of the current system that only lets a small number of players get the dyes they want on a small number of outfits, which is stupid.

2. A Tuning system that lets a large number of players use a wide selection of Tunings on a wide selection of weapons, instead of the current system that only lets a small number of players use a limited selection of Tunings, which is stupid.

3. A 'speak ONLY when spoken to' option for the ship droids. This alone is guaranteed to bring back subscribers by the boatload and dramatically improve crate sales, or something.

Some outfits and weapons should be rare, modifications to outfits and weapons should not be. Dyes and tunings are too rare and too expensive. When a dye for an outfit costs 250 times more than the entire outift cost something has gone very wrong. When consumable cosmetic enhancements are hoarded as investments instead of being used something has gone very wrong.

I'd also love to know how much time and effort they put into the Tuning system and exactly how many players actually have active Tunings. I suspect it is a very small percentage.

Well you asked for crazy:

1. A dye system that lets a large number of players use a large selection of dyes on a large selection of outfits instead of the current system that only lets a small number of players get the dyes they want on a small number of outfits, which is stupid.

All players can use the massive variety of dyes that exist in all outfits. Well that was easy.

2. A Tuning system that lets a large number of players use a wide selection of Tunings on a wide selection of weapons, instead of the current system that only lets a small number of players use a limited selection of Tunings, which is stupid.

The Tuning system is brand new and therefore there are only a few tunings. However all players can use them in any weapon. That was easy too.

3. A 'speak ONLY when spoken to' option for the ship droids. This alone is guaranteed to bring back subscribers by the boatload and dramatically improve crate sales, or something.

The ship droid originally spoke anytime a player got near the droid. EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME. It's drastically improved and subscribers approve of it's current state. It also has nothing to do with crates or whatever you think it does.

Some outfits and weapons should be rare, modifications to outfits and weapons should not be. Dyes and tunings are too rare and too expensive. When a dye for an outfit costs 250 times more than the entire outift cost something has gone very wrong. When consumable cosmetic enhancements are hoarded as investments instead of being used something has gone very wrong.

Welcome to the MMO world. That's how it works. However, many of the dyes can be crafted by Artifice. Rare outfits and weapons already exist. They're gold CM items and items that don't exist anymore that players have held on to from way back in the days of the game. Can't afford some dyes and tunings? Go make some cash. Trust me, they're not overly expensive (save the rarest, but again, welcome to the MMO world), you just need to watch a "how to make credits" video. I've never had over 5 mil across all 20 characters (discounting DvL 10 mil achievement) since the game started. Then I recently sold an item I learned would sell big. Now I have more than I've ever had.

I'd also love to know how much time and effort they put into the Tuning system and exactly how many players actually have active Tunings. I suspect it is a very small percentage.

As already stated, the tuning system is brand new. It hasn't existed for more than a year, and there aren't many tunings. The same was done with dyes, but tunings are more difficult to make than an item that simply changes the texture of an outfit.

Hey look at that! Your wall of crazy ideas has been fulfilled! Except they're feedback/suggestions. Still, it's been fulfilled. You're welcome!

Edited by HKtheindomitable

All players can use the massive variety of dyes that exist in all outfits. Well that was easy.

Interesting. According to a quick count on Dulfy there are 30 primary dyes and thus presumably 30 secondary giving us a total possible combination count of 900. That's a lot! However, due to the system used in SWTOR there are only about 10% of those combinations available in the game. You may consider 90 combinations to be a massive amount, good for you, I'm glad you are happy with it.

Guild Wars 2, for example, has three colour slots on each armour peice. There are 21 dyes in the starter set you get for free. The Common set has about 180, Uncommon 120 and Rare 210. So just using the two-color SWOTOR dye system, that game has a possible combination count of 281,961. Now THAT is a massive variety and all of them exist in the game.

The system limiting SWTORs colours is not the amount of colours though, it is the way in which the dyes are found/applied.

The Tuning system is brand new and therefore there are only a few tunings. However all players can use them in any weapon. That was easy too.

Tunings dropped in patch 4.4 in March 2016. Brand new? Really?

Whilst the prices fluctuate the rough value of credits/real money on my server, is roughly 3,000,000cr per £. That's if you bought packs and sold them for the current going rate on the GTN. If you bought the Stalwart Protector set from the Cartel Market it would cost you 1,200CC and on the GTN it is about 15-16mill, so roughly 3mill per £.

Light attuned Tunings on my server are currently 95mill. Lightning & Volatile 40-45mill. That's £15 for a minor lighting effect on a weapon when an entire armour set costs a third as much. Glad you are happy with that situation though, good for you.

The ship droid originally spoke anytime a player got near the droid. EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME. It's drastically improved and subscribers approve of it's current state. It also has nothing to do with crates or whatever you think it does.

Sigh. Scott Adams (Dilbert) recently calculated that about a third of the population literally has no sense of humour.

Welcome to the MMO world. That's how it works. However, many of the dyes can be crafted by Artifice. Rare outfits and weapons already exist. They're gold CM items and items that don't exist anymore that players have held on to from way back in the days of the game. Can't afford some dyes and tunings? Go make some cash. Trust me, they're not overly expensive (save the rarest, but again, welcome to the MMO world), you just need to watch a "how to make credits" video. I've never had over 5 mil across all 20 characters (discounting DvL 10 mil achievement) since the game started. Then I recently sold an item I learned would sell big. Now I have more than I've ever had.

Well thank you for educating me on how MMOs work. It would seem however, that my experiences in MMOs differ somewhat for yours. The Guild Wars 2 style dye system could easily have been implemented in SWTOR but it wasn't.

Let me explain how this works: I roll a new Vanguard, I've been eyeing up that Stalwart Protector set in the market for some time but I don't like the colours. Happily there is a dye system that lets me change those colours. I decide I want the chest/legs black & orange and the head, belt, boots & gloves to be white and black (it's just an example I know it sucks!).

So I spend 15mill on the set and then 66mill on the dyes (current prices GTN my server) equating to £22 of real money to get it the way I want. Well that was expensive but at least a bit later on when I realise the 'ranged tank' description that is still on the official page for Vanguard is actually complete b**&^ks (bitter, me?!) and I want to re-roll to Commando I won't have to buy all those dyes again.. oh wait...

I'm glad you are happy with those costs, good for you. I, however, am very much NOT happy with it. It is stupid and limiting. Because of these costs I simply won't buy the armour from the market in the first place and thus the game loses revenue. Meanwhile, in GW2, I can buy any armour I want secure in the knowledge that I can dye it any combination of colours I have unlocked for free and thus I buy more armour and the game makes more revenue.

I know that is a simplistic example but the current system is, frankly, crap. There are much better ways of doing it such as a terminal similar to the Appearance Modification stations. Let the armour be the rare item, not the dyes.

As already stated, the tuning system is brand new. It hasn't existed for more than a year, and there aren't many tunings. The same was done with dyes, but tunings are more difficult to make than an item that simply changes the texture of an outfit.

Hey look at that! Your wall of crazy ideas has been fulfilled! Except they're feedback/suggestions. Still, it's been fulfilled. You're welcome!

The problems with the tunings is not the amount of types but the amount of drops. These are pretty minor effects that are incredibly rare and very, very expensive for what you get. Make them less rare and less expensive and more people will buy them. At the moment, for me, they may as well not exist because the value of the item is not worth the cost of the item. Bang for buck ratio is all wrong.

I'm glad you are happy put up with sucky systems when better ones could be implemented but I am not. You're welcome!

Edited by DingoChutney

Interesting. According to a quick count on Dulfy there are 30 primary dyes and thus presumably 30 secondary giving us a total possible combination count of 900. That's a lot! However, due to the system used in SWTOR there are only about 10% of those combinations available in the game. You may consider 90 combinations to be a massive amount, good for you, I'm glad you are happy with it.

Guild Wars 2, for example, has three colour slots on each armour peice. There are 21 dyes in the starter set you get for free. The Common set has about 180, Uncommon 120 and Rare 210. So just using the two-color SWOTOR dye system, that game has a possible combination count of 281,961. Now THAT is a massive variety and all of them exist in the game.

The system limiting SWTORs colours is not the amount of colours though, it is the way in which the dyes are found/applied.

Tunings dropped in patch 4.4 in March 2016. Brand new? Really?

Whilst the prices fluctuate the rough value of credits/real money on my server, is roughly 3,000,000cr per £. That's if you bought packs and sold them for the current going rate on the GTN. If you bought the Stalwart Protector set from the Cartel Market it would cost you 1,200CC and on the GTN it is about 15-16mill, so roughly 3mill per £.

Light attuned Tunings on my server are currently 95mill. Lightning & Volatile 40-45mill. That's £15 for a minor lighting effect on a weapon when an entire armour set costs a third as much. Glad you are happy with that situation though, good for you.

Sigh. Scott Adams (Dilbert) recently calculated that about a third of the population literally has no sense of humour.

Well thank you for educating me on how MMOs work. It would seem however, that my experiences in MMOs differ somewhat for yours. The Guild Wars 2 style dye system could easily have been implemented in SWTOR but it wasn't.

Let me explain how this works: I roll a new Vanguard, I've been eyeing up that Stalwart Protector set in the market for some time but I don't like the colours. Happily there is a dye system that lets me change those colours. I decide I want the chest/legs black & orange and the head, belt, boots & gloves to be white and black (it's just an example I know it sucks!).

So I spend 15mill on the set and then 66mill on the dyes (current prices GTN my server) equating to £22 of real money to get it the way I want. Well that was expensive but at least a bit later on when I realise the 'ranged tank' description that is still on the official page for Vanguard is actually complete b**&^ks (bitter, me?!) and I want to re-roll to Commando I won't have to buy all those dyes again.. oh wait...

I'm glad you are happy with those costs, good for you. I, however, am very much NOT happy with it. It is stupid and limiting. Because of these costs I simply won't buy the armour from the market in the first place and thus the game loses revenue. Meanwhile, in GW2, I can buy any armour I want secure in the knowledge that I can dye it any combination of colours I have unlocked for free and thus I buy more armour and the game makes more revenue.

I know that is a simplistic example but the current system is, frankly, crap. There are much better ways of doing it such as a terminal similar to the Appearance Modification stations. Let the armour be the rare item, not the dyes.

The problems with the tunings is not the amount of types but the amount of drops. These are pretty minor effects that are incredibly rare and very, very expensive for what you get. Make them less rare and less expensive and more people will buy them. At the moment, for me, they may as well not exist because the value of the item is not worth the cost of the item. Bang for buck ratio is all wrong.

I'm glad you are happy put up with sucky systems when better ones could be implemented but I am not. You're welcome!

Aha ha ha ha! Okay. Believe what you want. There are plenty of dyes, there will be plenty of tunings, there are plenty of options. Things are not that expensive that one cannot make the cash to get what they want easily, if one takes the time.

This is not GW2. You are comparing two vastly different types of games with one another. This is SWTOR. Your comparisons don't work. If you understand how to manage in-game funds, you can easily afford what you want and have no trouble. There is plenty of everything you listed.

Your opinion that the system is "sucky" is noted, but not agreed with by the vast majority of players.

Edited by HKtheindomitable

We need a Kashyyyk expansion. It's not too early at this point.

Man, if you saw how Awesome Kashyyyk was in SWG, it would blow a lot of peoples minds. It did at one time in the CU have Lots of content like i got 'Katarns Knucklers'. I got 2 of those Ultra Rare pieces for my Teras Kasi Master/ Martial-Artist. Kashyyyk would be very nice if they could make it almost exact in "some" ways like SWG did, of course SWG takes place over 3,000 years later.

Aha ha ha ha! Okay. Believe what you want. There are plenty of dyes, there will be plenty of tunings, there are plenty of options. Things are not that expensive that one cannot make the cash to get what they want easily, if one takes the time.

This is not GW2. You are comparing two vastly different types of games with one another. This is SWTOR. Your comparisons don't work. If you understand how to manage in-game funds, you can easily afford what you want and have no trouble. There is plenty of everything you listed.

Your opinion that the system is "sucky" is noted, but not agreed with by the vast majority of players.

Actually he responded with very relevant information and you are basically using a Trump stance based off "not" facts...

I agree with him and you definitely do not speak for the vast majority of SWToR players.

Besides last time I checked this was a post your crazy ideas thread not a bomb other peoples crazy ideas thread....

Edited by Soljin

Man, if you saw how Awesome Kashyyyk was in SWG, it would blow a lot of peoples minds. It did at one time in the CU have Lots of content like i got 'Katarns Knucklers'. I got 2 of those Ultra Rare pieces for my Teras Kasi Master/ Martial-Artist. Kashyyyk would be very nice if they could make it almost exact in "some" ways like SWG did, of course SWG takes place over 3,000 years later.

It also took place in 3000 times better.

Actually he responded with very relevant information and you are basically using a Trump stance based off "not" facts...

I agree with him and you definitely do not speak for the vast majority of SWToR players.

Besides last time I checked this was a post your crazy ideas thread not a bomb other peoples crazy ideas thread....

And a "crazy ideas thread" isn't a thread to post feedback or suggestions, which is technically what his original post was. And yes, there is a difference. I've seen many crazy ideas that I know are impossible to do, or will never be done. But I never responded because they qualify as "crazy idea", not feedback about dissatisfaction with a current system. I am not going to argue this point further because it is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

All of my facts were stated in my response to their first post.

Finally, you two are the only two I've seen state that there is a problem with the number of combinations of dyes vs outfits in the five years I've been playing. If you can provide proof of many different users making complaints about this, I will concede the point.

Aha ha ha ha! Okay. Believe what you want. There are plenty of dyes, there will be plenty of tunings, there are plenty of options. Things are not that expensive that one cannot make the cash to get what they want easily, if one takes the time..

Wow, I'm glad you can make 95million credits 'easily', well 190million 'easily' if you want the effect on dual wielded weapons. Good for you though.

However, you seem to have difficulty comprehending the difference between Value and Price. Packs are bought with CC which is bought with real money and they, and their contents, are then sold for credits so there is a direct link Money -> CC -->Credits. Currently, on my server, 3million credits equals one pound, or $1.30 if you prefer.

That makes the price of Light Tunings on my server £31 each, or $40. If I had a Light-side Sentinel I might want two of those. Do you think the value of two lighting effects is $80? This is a subjective thing as value applies to each person separately and unlike you I don't deign to speak for the majority of players but I would think that most players would not value those tunings at anywhere near the price.

If Bioware put them on the Cartel Market for a whopping 4,800cc each, how many do you think they would sell?

The cost of tunings is artificially inflated because of rarity and that rarity can be adjusted and then the cost would fall to be more in line with the value.

Hey, fun fact time! The cost of actual real life black fabric dye on Amazon is significantly cheaper than black digital dye in SWTOR!

This is not GW2. You are comparing two vastly different types of games with one another. This is SWTOR. Your comparisons don't work.

Um.. "Welcome to the MMO world. That's how it works". Your words. Except that is NOT how it works is it? GW2, TESO, FFXIV and even Runescape have better systems than SWTOR.

If you understand how to manage in-game funds, you can easily afford what you want and have no trouble. There is plenty of everything you listed.

Again, Price vs Value. I have the funds but simply don't value the item that much. If Timex bought out a cool looking watch but made it a limited edition and priced it the same as a Rolex would you buy it? The Price and Value don't match.

Besides, time has a value as well. Figure out how long it takes you to farm 3million credits and that $1.30 is how much your time is worth.

And you would know that because? Have you surveyed them all? No, didn't think so.

And a "crazy ideas thread" isn't a thread to post feedback or suggestions,

You are, of course entitled to your opinion and the world would be a staggeringly dull place if we all agreed on everything.

All of my facts were stated in my response to their first post.

You may want to do some googling on the difference between facts and opinion.

Finally, you two are the only two I've seen state that there is a problem with the number of combinations of dyes vs outfits in the five years I've been playing. If you can provide proof of many different users making complaints about this, I will concede the point.

Ok, go to forum search and enter the terms 'dye system'. Wow, look at that from 2013 "More dyes or a different dye system " and "Petition To Change Current Dye System ", two pages of hits right the way up to this year with the rather popular thread "Time to update the dye system".

Well, fancy that.

Edited by DingoChutney
Typos! Everywhere!

Here's my wall of crazy idea.

Nerf the heals healer sorcs/sages dish out, BUT buff the force use by a large percent.

I am sick of having to recharge over and over and over and over and over and over and over mashing that = button without end, only to not really get very far in doing so, not to mention risk my party members' health doing so. It's the most annoying thing these days. It's not fun. I'd much rather have my heals nerfed but have the force use buffed, so this way I can keep dishing heals out and enjoy the class with wiggle room as far as force goes.

Another wall of crazy idea..

GIMME ME DAYUM ZAKUUL STRONKHOLD

Not really. I'd absolutely adore, and love, an Alderaan palace. A large stronghold with a big courtyard, don't make the palace itself TOO big, and have it be like Yavin a little bit. Include some "walking trails" through the mountains and trees. Maybe include a lake. That'd be so amazing. It'd be perfect for my uh......

Romance.... Stuff.

I'd like to see options for viewing all Bronze, SIlver, Gold, Platinum items/armor in the collections window.

It could be in the drop down menu for Show collected and show uncollected. I don't always feel like going to external sites to view bronze/silver/gold armor sets and it shouldn't be too hard to add it as an option.

Of course I'm only assuming it shouldn't be too hard to implement, coming from me sitting infront of my pc in my chair position knowing nothing about coding.:rak_03:

Here's my crazy idea: fix, iterate and improve what's already in the game that you left unrefined, abandoned or well... broke down the line. That includes already-existing tools of interaction with the game's world left rotting as well as missions/instances/flashpoints that were not included in the game's Group Finder pool. It's not even about "new things I would like to see added", but rather about abandoned & unrefined systems, content and mechanics that are already in the game.

#1 - slot machines. This is such a simple yet effective mini-game side activity that lets the players interact with the environment. Nar Shaddaa was practially begging for something like this since launch. It was finally done few years later but then it gets turned off for 10 months out of 12 I absolutely understand if you want to have a special event rewards and all, but why not leave some machines still on with different, more common rewards, for the rest of the year? Nothing says "poor world interaction" in any type of a game than a non-clickable machines in casino "levels".

And then of course there's the stronghold Contraband Slot Machine. One of the few actually interactive decorations that provide side activity and input on the game's environment. Yes, the chance of winning Certificate and Jawa Junk was way too big. But so was the nerf that made the machines completly useless. Why not just balanace in the middle and use it to support other game systems, i.e. decorations from Cartel Certificate vendor?

#2 - Seeker droid. Where to even start on this one... Dig areas are very small, why? Why not just allow digging on the entire "main" world map of Tatooine/Hoth/Makeb/Alderaan etc? Or at the VERY least make the dig areas much bigger and mark them somehow, perhaps with NPCs using the Seeker Droids and digging themselves (like on Rishi). The game doesn't even bother to inform where you should look for dig sites or what's their size. Relying entirely on fansite guides is not the way it should be.

Then there's the completly unnecessary mess with seeker droid's buffs (one of them ONLY obtained through crafting) to achieve any kind of a well-functioning droid's pointing marker. The droid should function BY DEFAULT like it currently does with all the buffs. No additional buffs should be necessary to go through such kind of side activity. Plus, to actually get the Seeker Droid dig ability, you have to finish the entire long quest chain that ends with a Heroic 4 that's near impossible to find group for lol. Seeker droid should be simply a purchasable ability/item to buy at any of the GSI vendors for cheap.

And then there's of course the issue of rewards. Add some Jawa Junk, decorations to dig up, more armors (why not Remnant armors as an alternative to Alliance Boxes?) and Cartel Certificates. Make it worth digging through ground. Include the Seeker Droid in the game's loot economy

#3 - Missions/instances that ARE Flashpoints yet not in Group Finder thus abandoned and underutilized - again, why? And it keeps happening over and over again despite changes in leadership. Latest example - Star Fortresses. Just why were they not put in the group finder? To make it look even more so that KOTFE had no new group content despite Star Fortresses literally sitting there waiting to be included in group content rotation?

Same goes for Seeker Droid/Macrobinocular ending missions. These are flashpoint designs and at this point finishing them is near impossible due to lack of grouping tools. They should recieve Solo versions as well as get added to the Finder

Eternal Championship should be in Group Finder too, why not? You're basically asking the players that participate in Group Content rotation to be bored with the same old stuff when you actively go out of your way not to put newly developed content that should be in Finder in there.

Edited by Pietrastor

A Few ideas:

One make our Alts alive for each character. Add the ability to place alts in our strongholds as deco. That way character A can walk around and see character B, C, D and so on.

We have rename tokens, how about a token to add a Surname to a character and the Legacy name is more to the point of the story you are writing for your characters. My main is my hero and my alts the supporting cast. They are not related and have no surnames. Only my main. Anakin didn't have Obi-Wan Skywalker or Mace Skywalker, these are all different characters in his legacy.

While we're talking names how about the naming being Legacy unique? So we can see less of xxNAMExx. Tells could work /whisper Character Name Legacy Name.

Allow us to have different player ships now. Player owned decorative ships would be nice outside guild ships. I was hoping for the Gravestone but that didn't happen. A smaller frigate would be fine, not as much as the guild ship but enough to have fun with.

Ultimately I'd love to see more appearance slots. Backs (coats separate from the chest), possible upper and lower arms, upper and lower legs along with groin and feet, head and hands. This would allow for some real customized looks.

And talking appearence. Gear that will make us truly appear as a droid. Maybe even loosen up the naming restrictions so we can use numbers. Maybe I want a C4-V2.

I'm done for now.

1. Fix bugs: like Star Fortress Elevators and gender/other errors in text star fortress quest descriptions, etc

2. Fix the Codex so that you can actually "finish" a planet, put in the ones that got "omitted" when new content was added

3. sith pureblood and chiss romance-able companions (that you can actually keep, not like the guy on manaan or the one in the IA story)

4. fully "customizable" companion - you choose gender/bodytype/ basically everything that is available for your character, and use it to make a companion.

5 ability to add your character as a Stronghold decoration - i.e. (my sw: (pointing at a figure of a Sith inquisitor)- "this was my brother. He was on the Dark Council. I wonder what happened to him?")

6. make an alternative to operations solo-able (i.e. at the end of the Oricon story- like they did for Yavin4).