Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Accuracy or naw?

Maegi

ok so I am NOT a theory crafter and I don't care to be. I know that some of you are and love that kind of stuff, so I'm here to ask where we have landed on accuracy for predominantly white-damage dealers. I want to say that I was hearing 105% accuracy for pvp, but I'm not sure. I don't like having to put accuracy in my gear if I'm honest and I think accuracy should just be removed like expertise. I mean, if BW truly want people to be able to easily switch between PvP and PvE....and PvP doesn't gear with that ridiculous 110% accuracy....what gives? anyway... I would love to hear what everyone thinks.

You absolutely should get that 5% Accuracy. I go with just slightly more myself even.

Some people will argue 0 Accuracy untill it kills them, but anyone who thinks in a sensible manner can see taking up on that Accuracy is just straight up pure gain. Sure, your stuff might hit a little less hard in the case that you're lucky and don't miss anything, but if you consider the consequences of what happens in case you do miss.. then yeah. The choice is pretty damn easy.

It doesn't just go for damage either. Accuracy also takes effect on your chances to successfully land your CC.

Especially when people use defensive cooldowns that only provides them with moderately increased

defenses Accuracy just wipes the floor with every other stat.

If absolutely none of your vital abilities have anything to do with white "damage" ie Concealment Operative and the likes, then you could seriously consider going 0 Accuracy. But even on those classes Accuracy still has its above stated function and advantage.

Edited by Evolixe

Go with 105% for a heavy white damage spec. Keep in mind that bolster may give you some help, so you may only need about 103-104% outside of a warzone to get to that 105 number. It depends on the gear rating of your expertise enhancements. The bolster cap is at 238, so if you use a 240 acc enhancement, you won't get any help.

The theory behind going with 105% is that all classes have at least a 5% base defense chance, so you are countering that. Some have 10% (Inq / Cons). Some have more than 10% (tank specs, depending on gearing).

it really doesn't matter, certainly not the way it does for pve. it is critical to have the full 110% accuracy in pve, because a miss is the absolute worst thing that can happen to your dps number. in pvp, though, you are constantly missing due to the enemy players defensive abilities. try running a parse the next time you are in a pvp match and then go back and look at the number of times one of your attacks does 0-10% of the damage it should have. an additional 5 hits out of 100 shots is not going to make any difference in the face of that. my advice would be to gear up as you would for pve (with full accuracy), but if you want to be super anal about it, then get an additional non accuracy piece that you can swap in for each piece of accuracy gear, just for pvp. Edited by sumquy

You absolutely should get that 5% Accuracy. I go with just slightly more myself even.

Some people will argue 0 Accuracy untill it kills them, but anyone who thinks in a sensible manner can see taking up on that Accuracy is just straight up pure gain. Sure, your stuff might hit a little less hard in the case that you're lucky and don't miss anything, but if you consider the consequences of what happens in case you do miss.. then yeah. The choice is pretty damn easy.

It doesn't just go for damage either. Accuracy also takes effect on your chances to successfully land your CC.

Especially when people use defensive cooldowns that only provides them with moderately increased

defenses Accuracy just wipes the floor with every other stat.

If absolutely none of your vital abilities have anything to do with white "damage" ie Concealment Operative and the likes, then you could seriously consider going 0 Accuracy. But even on those classes Accuracy still has its above stated function and advantage.

Accuracy on concealment operatives... better not miss that corrosive dart

Accuracy on concealment operatives... better not miss that corrosive dart

"Especially when people use defensive cooldowns that only provides them with moderately increased

defenses Accuracy just wipes the floor with every other stat."

Reading, it's not your strongpoint.

There's absolutely still an argument to be made to have some Accuracy. It's just not as big of a deal.

I don't bother myself but I do like to keep all readers here as properly informed as possible. Even if real-world application is rare.

Edited by Evolixe

Run 110 percent accuracy on any spec with white damage; obviously specs like concealment, madness/lightning don't apply.

Why?

Inquisitors have that extra 10 percent defense chance. Other classes have 7.5 percent. Cooldowns like deflection and saber ward abound in this game, and the tertiary stat pools are high enough to where you can hit crit DR and get some decent levels of alacrity while running 110 percent accuracy. Plus, you have to run 110% accuracy in pve anyway - it'll save you the trouble of swapping gear.

Even a hatred sin should have 110 percent accuracy; if lacerate misses, your dots don't spread. What about missing that autocrit as marksman? Would suck, especially with all the sorc healers out there and their extra defense chance.

I run 110 percent accuracy on all toons except sorc (and concealment obviously). Hell, even in 4.0 I noticed a SIGNIFICANT dps gain when I upped my arsenal merc's accuracy from 105 to 107.5 percent. But then again, I don't dps into deflection, shroud, saber ward etc. If you swap off cooldowns (which is the proper thing to do most of the time) you'll notice a significant increase in raw dps and you'll probably get an extra kill per warzone.

Edited by Hoppinswtor

Hoppin, that's an interesting perspective. I'll have to give that a try. I don't have any toons even close to full 248, so I'm working with a smaller stat budget than maximum. Maybe it's not worth it until I get all the way there, or at least full 242? My Mara is the only one with (almost) full 242. Edited by teclado

I have 4-6% accuracy, but that's after Bolster is applied. Usually I only need to apply one accuracy enhancement and possibly an Augment.

You don't need much above that unless you intend to Sage/Sorc healer hunt every match.

Tanks apply a 5% accuracy debuff thingy so I believe that's why white damage dealers pick up 5% extra
5% extra accuracy is common because all classes have a base 5% defense chance

Run 110 percent accuracy on any spec with white damage; obviously specs like concealment, madness/lightning don't apply.

Why?

Inquisitors have that extra 10 percent defense chance. Other classes have 7.5 percent. Cooldowns like deflection and saber ward abound in this game, and the tertiary stat pools are high enough to where you can hit crit DR and get some decent levels of alacrity while running 110 percent accuracy. Plus, you have to run 110% accuracy in pve anyway - it'll save you the trouble of swapping gear.

I've come to agree with this recently myself. There are so many defense chance passives that far less of that 5 extra percent is wasted than you might imagine. Even if it's a minor loss of DPS for certain specs against certain other specs it seems to me a tiny DPS loss is well worth maximizing the odds important white hits landing.

oh yea and not needing to switch stims is a sweet perk

110% seems like a bit much even to me tbh, but it can be worth it if you have frequent run-ins with tanks.

You could always just swap your implants and stims based on what you're facing in any case.

Edited by Evolixe

"Especially when people use defensive cooldowns that only provides them with moderately increased

defenses Accuracy just wipes the floor with every other stat."

Reading, it's not your strongpoint.

There's absolutely still an argument to be made to have some Accuracy. It's just not as big of a deal.

I don't bother myself but I do like to keep all readers here as properly informed as possible. Even if real-world application is rare.

It makes 0 difference. The only time I miss attacks is when I stand in diversion or a sent uses pacify and gets 75% resists, literally everything else hits.

You might think you're good at assassin (lul) but please leave operatives to the ones that actually play the class.

Inb4 "durr stack 45% accuracy so you won't ever miss now hurr durr" stick with sins evolixe

Edited by WickedGonzo

Done plenty of tests on Merc/Sorc healers with armor buff accuracy always pulled ahead, at least for white damage. 105-107%. 110% Is unnoticeable from 107%, however the difference between 105%-107% is min at best, it's more noticeable on heavy armor users like Juggernaut and Mercenary.

I personally run 105%, I sometimes go 107 with a stim if I feel like it. I more than often do it on my mercenary than any other class though. (107% wise)

Yellow damage dealers that have little or no white don't need it, and i'd even say hatred doesn't need it as if assassinate misses it's proc will still be there and CD will still be up, which is great.

As an engineering sniper I did some experimenting. Swapped Accuracy for Alacrity at 248 gear. DPS decrease. Fighting tanks was way more difficult.

Returned back to 110% and it was much easier. Stayed on PVE gearing ever since.

This is for unranked.

It makes 0 difference. The only time I miss attacks is when I stand in diversion or a sent uses pacify and gets 75% resists, literally everything else hits.

You might think you're good at assassin (lul) but please leave operatives to the ones that actually play the class.

Inb4 "durr stack 45% accuracy so you won't ever miss now hurr durr" stick with sins evolixe

Do you have a small *****? You sure sound like you do.

Nobody here is really impressed though. Maybe try that attitude on your mom.

Anyway, **** logic. Of course you never miss.

The higher your rank on the leaderboard the less chance you have to miss :rolleyes:

I find accuracy totally useless in PVP. I play marauder and sin with 100% accuracy and it's fine. YES, I miss... but it's very rare. It happens once or twice / match or not at all which is ok.

I can do 3.5-4 mil damage in voidstar on my mara. So I guess accuracy isn't something I should worry about.

I find accuracy totally useless in PVP. I play marauder and sin with 100% accuracy and it's fine. YES, I miss... but it's very rare. It happens once or twice / match or not at all which is ok.

I can do 3.5-4 mil damage in voidstar on my mara. So I guess accuracy isn't something I should worry about.

Nobody ever claimed running no accuracy is going to impede doom on you.

But the difference in danage you do is so low that you might as well grab some accuracy so you never get into a position where your target has 2k health and your finishing ability misses/gets dodged/parried etc.

Because there is nothing more frustrating than that imo.

In PvP accuracy is important. Let's say you are playing a Carnage Mara. As Carnage you a small window to kill someone, if your gore/throw/ravage misses when you are setting up your burst, you just missed an opportunity to get a kill. That's why it's important for single target burst classes for example, to run 5% or even 10% more accuracy because it could be the difference between killing someone and not.

I think you should read that post again. Either you didn't read it properly or you intentionally forget the part where I said it would only help you during times where you are affected by accuracy debuffs.

And no, they don't miss. They get resisted. But it's just a different word for the same effect really.

The only one here out on a personal vendetta is you though. I simply noticed the truckload of salt.

It's really adorable how hard you try to put me in a dark corner :rolleyes:

You have a big mouth behind your keyboard though. Hiding your game id because oh **** what if someone knew :rolleyes:

I aint hiding ****, you know all my character names, what i look like and hell if you tried hard enough you should be able to find my rough whereabouts too.

But hey, lets hear some more of that **** talking of yours.

Edited by Evolixe

A big thank you for everyone's input and a shoutout to the trolls who are entertaining as always.

I'm going with 110% accuracy on my Sorc and Conc op. and 0% on everything else :rak_03:

*kisses*

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.