Is it true Bioware got Trolled hard over slicing?

Engleheart

Actually, OP, it was about a 71%+ reduction in Slicing. In some cases closer to 80%.

I don't think the precedent they've set is quite as bad as some think. Slicing did need a nerf, so it's not just because of the whiners.

However, the precedent they've set is still pretty bad: Nerf <target> into the ground, nerf it into uselessness. I'm guessing after they're finished with that, over several weeks/months they might give slight buffs to make it viable again.

You are looking at only the mission portion of slicing, and not taking into accounts all the safes you slice out in the world, nor the extra patterns/mission items you get. Add those up, and tell me how it goes after that.

Slicing making money through missioning ON TOP of slicing boxes out in the field was too much. The nerf looks ok, but we still need more time to see how it pans out.

Seriously, I'm a slicer, and I'm still making tons of money. If you're not then you're doing it wrong. Don't go for the low level boxes.

Slicing was in desperate need of a nerf, and it's not because of the whining. But it will 'always' be the case when anything is nerfed that the people that have been exploiting the nerfed feature will yell how this nerf broke the game.

It didn't. It was necessary. I'm still making oodles of money on my slicing alt.

This here totally is the fact. Really people slicing is in line with other crew skills now. Basically you just need to level it up and ALSO improve the relation with your compaion before you start seeing good returns. Just make sure your using someone that has a bouns to slicing so you crit more.

They do. Slicing was a government printing more money without anytihng real to back it up. Prices rise, the rich get richer and the poor can't afford anything.

That would be true if slicers didnt buy stuff from the GM, i was spending plenty of credits on the GM, Guess i better not talk about how much Treasure hunting made me, or for that matter Diplomacy from selling comp Gifts or that will be next.

The only troll here is the OP. He is attempting to state that it was whiners that got slicing nerfed when actually it was the fact that it was a free license to print money. BioWare have metrics, they can see for themselves when something isn't working as originally intended.

They already nerfed slicing from beta, we all knew then that it wouldn't be enough and it was still the golden goose. I abused Slicing since launch and have amassed a personal fortune.

Do you actually have a point? You're saying that a skill that increases the supply of credits in a huge amount is a good thing for the economy?

Actually, it is.

What you're failing to understand is that MMOs have permanent money sinks. Real economies do not. Whenever you repair, whenever you use a Taxi, whenever you buy something from a Vendor... that money disappears. It is taken out of circulation. So you need ways to replace it for a viable game economy. Questing and vendoring trash isn't enough. That's a role that Slicing played.

Until the nerf, Slicers were buying mats and other goods from the AH because they could afford it. They were the only ones doing it, because at this early stage of MMO, the AH is pretty much useless (there's nothing there that you can't get better from a quest or drop as you level). They were circulating money to the crafters and feeding hamster wheel. That, and Cybernetic Schematics and Mission discoveries were VERY cheap because a lot of people used Slicing.

Now, there's going to be a marked spike in schematic and mission prices, and overall crafters will make less money until they're at max skill and a majority of players are at end game.

Yes, Slicing needed nerf. Not a NUKE.

Op if you are going to try and take the approach that a nerf was needed but was overdone you need to completely re-write your first post.

You mention the % nerf then start whining about how bioware nerfed slicer because of the whiners. If you had keep the post related to how much it was nerfed not the fact it was nerfed you would be far more ceditable.