Queues again??

AscendingSky

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EVERY WEEK! This has happened at least once every. single. week. This is NOT okay! Get it together guys! NO Excuses! NONE! Every once in a while, fine. BUt Every Week??? Come on!! Unacceptable! If we were all FTP, that's one thing. You get what you pay for. But paying a subscription every month to have continual outages?? Unacceptable.

We are gonna be halting logins on all east coast servers to work on addressing the issue. More info to come, thank you for your patience.

-eric

Man, you're just copy-pasting from last time this happened (that wasn't many days ago). Now we're waiting for ten minutes and then you can copy-paste the "Oh damn, we gotta boot everyone off the server, sorry!"-reply too.

Now when this have happened multiple times in a row, we'd like to know what's actually going on, because frankly, with these non-content replies that just repeat, it doesn't make you guys look very good. In fact, it gives the distinct impression that you haven't the slightest clue what's going on and instead sit and desperately unplug and replug cables and hope for something to happen.

Now, I'm not even mad, because these things happen, but I'm quite worried because it seems to be a weekly reoccurring event nowadays... :confused:

Hey folks,

The team is looking into it now. I will pass on information as I have it.

-eric

Please get this fixed so that it does NOT happen again! I got kicked out off my character, logged back into her, couldn't do anything, then logged out of the game thinking something was messing up. Logged back in now and I'm in a queue. This is the THIRD TIME this month! >:(

Man, you're just copy-pasting from last time this happened (that wasn't many days ago). Now we're waiting for ten minutes and then you can copy-paste the "Oh damn, we gotta boot everyone off the server, sorry!"-reply too.

Now when this have happened multiple times in a row, we'd like to know what's actually going on, because frankly, with these non-content replies that just repeat, it doesn't make you guys look very good. In fact, it gives the distinct impression that you haven't the slightest clue what's going on and instead sit and desperately unplug and replug cables and hope for something to happen.

Now, I'm not even mad, because these things happen, but I'm quite worried because it seems to be a weekly reoccurring event nowadays... :confused:

Even the forum is on a timed mechanic? :p

^^ lol this x 1000

EVERY WEEK! This has happened at least once every. single. week. This is NOT okay! Get it together guys! NO Excuses! NONE! Every once in a while, fine. BUt Every Week??? Come on!! Unacceptable! If we were all FTP, that's one thing. You get what you pay for. But paying a subscription every month to have continual outages?? Unacceptable.

Well said!

i love paying for a sub to get this

To plug in her vacuum cleaner, the cleaning lady unplugged the UPS for the login server and forgot to plug it back in when she was done....

What sort of hardcore cleaning lady has a three-phase vacuum? That thing must really suck!

Could be worse. I knew a contractor that went in to do some work in a server room on a Saturday morning for a large global company I used to work for. He did his thing, finished before lunch, and headed out. Must have been new to the job, because rather than hitting the light switch (which he shouldn’t have touched anyway), he punched the fire suppression system. All equipment instantly powers off, room fills with inert gas about 30 seconds after he gets out.

Realizing his mistake (because let’s face it, you’d have to be special kinds of dumb not to at that point), he goes home, and never says a word. CIO of the company, all server admins, network techs, etc get called in to get the place up and running about 30 minutes after the fire service has made a $50,000+ house call for a false alarm. No one has any idea what happened, or who did it. Took two days to get everything back up properly, and another three weeks before they eventually managed to find the guy responsible.

Needless to say, he never worked for my company, or the company (another global company) he was contracted from, again.

Edited by _SHAME_

We are gonna be halting logins on all east coast servers to work on addressing the issue. More info to come, thank you for your patience.

-eric

Throughout all my years playing online games, this is by far the worst server uptime. Doesn't matter which servers or location. Overall, all server issues SWTOR runs, run badly and have the most downtime. Unacceptable

During the recent server maintenance actions over the past few weeks, did you populated the east coast servers with hand-me-downs from Garbinger??

Coincidence? The move to a new data-center not too long ago seems to have introduced some new... issues: High Latency; Sudden loss of connectivity for brief/extended periods of time, both for clients and (apparently) between servers/services; "Glitching", where the timings/mechanics of the game/instance are not "as intended", and in some instanced cases, appear to get worse the longer you are in it.

And these are just my top 3 since the move. Be it in the hardware, the software, the managing/supporting tech weenies, or even a combination there of... regardless: Fix The Problem, Not The Blame.

If it were my bus to drive, it would be headed to a new location in short order without some clearly defined and highly visible improvements...

they cant fix servers but they are working hard to nerf your classes

Give them a break will you. I mean seriously, you think Eric Musco has no life that he wants to spend it fixing a login queue issue? Pretty sure Eric likely doesn't want to be fixing a server at Midnight Central Time. My lord you all act like its life and death. Get up, walk around, cuddle your significant other, heck get a pet and play catch.

Lots to do in this world folks outside of earning virtual currency on virtual paper dolls.

Edited by Blakinik

Well....since it's like a weekly occurrence at this point, it should come with weekly rewards.

Or once it's all finally fixed, we all get a pet or mount that says, "I survived the 2017 Server Queues!" :D:D

Well....since it's like a weekly occurrence at this point, it should come with weekly rewards.

Or once it's all finally fixed, we all get a pet or mount that says, "I survived the 2017 Server Queues!" :D:D

We need a title too! "The Stoic" would fit!

Yeah, cause we all need ANOTHER tiny astromech. Hey they can be server specific. Shadowlands will have FU-SL droids.

Give them a break will you. I mean seriously, you think Eric Musco has no life that he wants to spend it fixing a login queue issue? Pretty sure Eric likely doesn't want to be fixing a server at Midnight Central Time. My lord you all act like its life and death. Get up, walk around, cuddle your significant other, heck get a pet and play catch.

Lots to do in this world folks outside of earning virtual currency on virtual paper dolls.

LMAO ridiculous

Give them a break will you...

This is not a 9-5, M-F game, it is 24/7. Therefore, the support must be 24/7. This is the reality that any 24/7 service provider chooses to live and work in, and that we, as Paying customers, expect to have in a properly functioning order.

Do outages and issues occur? yes

This frequently and repeatedly? no

Yeah... not like anyone actually pays real money to use their service.

Oh... wait.

Shove off, apologist.