Torian Cadera weapon?

Cristari

Ok Just got Torian and want to know what weapons he can use, he comes with a Tech Staff but I am wondering if he can use Electrostaff, Vibroswords, Lightsabers (single/double) ??

I can make him armour but I'm wanting not to waste commendations on him!

Any tips are useful.

Cheers.

Torian Cadera Weapon Proficiency: Techblade, Techstaff.

Techblade = Vibroknife/Vibrosword?

Techstaff = Techstaff/Vibrostaff?

Answer: Techblade and Techstaff ONLY.

He can not use vibroknifes vibroswords, vibrostaffs, lightsavers.

Edited by Cristari

i just spent around 50k credits and hours of crating to outfit him just to realise, that there are no techstaffs around... i accidently modded an orange electrostaff :(

(on some sites it is still listed as electrostaff for torian... -.-)

this is soo stupid! why would you give companions weapons you can't upgrade?!

Edited by Weidekuh

i just spent around 50k credits and hours of crating to outfit him just to realise, that there are no techstaffs around... i accidently modded an orange electrostaff :(

(on some sites it is still listed as electrostaff for torian... -.-)

this is soo stupid! why would you give companions weapons you can't upgrade?!

It is indeed retarded. This issue affects Skadge as well. You can at least get a lvl 50 blue weapon for them if you do the "Lights Out" heroic 4 daily on Belsavis (which offers companion weapons as a reward). Which highlights the issue even more given the weapon options for Mako, Gault and Blizz are all moddable but the tech weapons for Torian and Skadge are not.

Belsavis bonus 4man quest gives option for a very nice blue weapon for Torian. It's blue but it's stats are more like an epic. I assume they did this so that they can later add another blue later on the road when items are surpassed that level in some other quest, probably coming with this first planet they are planning on releasing.

There is an ancient warblade that is moddable that you can get on corellia, its green but moddable. Im not sure if Skadge can use it, since I never use him, but you can test that out.

I believe this is a bug. It should be reported as such. In the codex entry for Torian it says he uses electrostaffs. In reality he uses a "techstaff". You can buy electrostaffs and other things for your companions at the commendation dealers. You can't buy a techstaff. I think it's bugged.

I believe this is a bug. It should be reported as such. In the codex entry for Torian it says he uses electrostaffs. In reality he uses a "techstaff". You can buy electrostaffs and other things for your companions at the commendation dealers. You can't buy a techstaff. I think it's bugged.

Problem is that his stats and others like him, is that their primary stat is aim.

To use an electrostaff there would need to be hilts with aim.

Furthermore on his char sheet his damage shows up in the ranged tab, yet he's melee?

imo his stat should have been str and weapons like vibrosword.

Nevermind the fact that Torian is a melee character and having aim as his primary attribute makes no sense...

Excuse me sir, I see that you are trying to bring common sense into this thread. I'd like to remind you that this is an Internet forum, and that kind of behavior is not acceptable.

• 3 weeks later...
Whenever I get a new companion, I usually check out "Persons of Note" under the Codex tab of my quest log to check out their likes, dislikes, stats, primary weapons etc. In the Persons of Note, it states that Torian Cadera's Primary Weapon is in fact a Electrostaff despite the weapon proficiency stated under the "Abilities/Companions" I did open a ticket to mention that. I thought maybe it was a Codex set for Beta but then at Release they changed Torian's Proficiency. So I, myself am waiting to see if it was an error or if something will be fixed with regards to that :)

One of three things should happen.

Either they give them pistols, shotguns, or whatever other close-ranged weapons there is.

Change their base stat to Strength...

Or,

Make Aim hilts... Which just doesn't seem right some how.

Either of these are fine with me. I do think if they swap them to strength then an Armormech won't be able to make them gear, which is also fine, since Synthweaving can't make gear for a couple of their companions.

I was able to beta test the game up till October 2011 and then his primary stat was strength. At that time there was also no techstaffs they were all electrostaffs that all had strength and willpower as their main stat. At that time all items blue or higher were moddable there was no orange items. I'm not sure why they changed it seems like having orange moddable items makes eliminates any need to have any type of other items.

I wonder if Torian's (and Skadge's) Aim focus is meant to be convenience -- they can wear the BH's hand-me-downs that way, or other drops that are meant for the BH class.

...which seems well-thought-out, but someone forgot to finish the thought with the available weapons. :| I'm hoping this is something that might get addressed in a larger content update -- I wouldn't expect to see it fixed in a weekly bug patch, but who knows?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.