Will you stay or will you go?

-Bob-

As for me, I'll wait until 5.3 drops. I'm not sure why I'll wait that long, the things that frustrate me most aren't even balance issues. Today was my day off and i spent the better part of the day just playing warzones. The groups were terrible. I got bored of leaving matches at some point and would stay through a few of them just to see how they would turn out, they were disasters. A civil war loss that was 0-600 and these guys were patting each other on the back saying "Good job, nice try"

The lack of concern or desire to even try and succeed in PVP matches is driving me away. Close games will keep me interested but steamrolls because an entire team wants to sit on a node to get it over with leaves me feeling quite jaded.

I might cancel before 5.3, i'm undecided right now.

Do you plan on staying with the game?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, just find a premade. But hey I'm not gonna criticize you if that's your reasoning to leave.

My sub ends in July and I've been barely logging in much since late April. I have no plans on renewing as long as this disgusting gear disparity exists and the devs continue to leave RNG gearing as a main way to gear. I'm tired of the Korean grind. I'll come back once RNG gearing is removed or made for SOLO content only. Until then I cannot continue justifying a sub for this game.

I'm sticking around. Still lots of terrible WZs, but lately it seems more of a n00b players issue than imbalance per se. I'm probably just telling myself what I want to hear, but I'm chalking that up to an increase in the playerbase, and waiting to see how Keith's follow through is. So far, I've seen enough to say I'm actually happy with the direction the game is headed right now, if not exactly ecstatic about its current location.

The problem is controversive for some of us I believe. I mainly play warzones,yes sometimes the teams are terrible and you can't fight the toxic part where you get insulted for no reason and the one who insults you is the worse player of the group - this for me is normal in a game.

But not only the big difference in gear is the problem,the class inbalance is a big struggle for me really. I subbed for as long as I remember in this game,because I am a big fan. I hope that the Devs will read these sections and take into account the majority of complains about some classes being useless. I hope we don't start to see 8v8 only mercs and snipers.

I've stopped pvping.. I'm not even bothering at the moment..

I hate most of the way the game went through the new pve story since 3.0, doing it once is ok, but you can only run so many toons through it when the story is exactly the same for each class.

I've run out of my paid slots on Harbinger and refuse to give them more money to do the Vanilla stories and planet missions again. My girl decided she wanted to do some of the Vanilla stories and suggested it might take my mind off the pvp issues. So we rolled on other servers to do the Vanilla stories. They were fun for a bit, I've now got 89 toons on my main account and probably another 25 on my other (sub cancelled back in Feb).

I don't know if I'll stick around after 5.3, especially as my main class, Lightning is still at the bottom of the scrap heap and no sign of it ever getting better.

There has also been no discussion about Bolster and gear gap. It's been a major issue/topic in the pvp community and forum, but they've totally ignored the topic or even actually mentioning the words gear gap or Bolster. That alone makes me depressed because they happily respond, joke and talk about mundane things, but always steer past controversial or important topics like this. I would have loved even a token mention that they hear our concern and would like to discuss it with us, but nothing except more gear grind and making it a "tiny" bit faster if you already gear grind in pvp to 300 😢. Maybe that gear grind wouldn't be so bad if you didn't get destroyed by BiS players for the first 100 lvls. I don't mean pve BiS players either, I mean real pvpers in BiS where skill can't overcome gear gaps. Then once you finally get one to 300, you have to go through it all again if you want to play an alt. Even at a 25% increase it will be a joke to grind through and certainly not enjoyable. It's why I've boycotted lvl 70 and ranked until its fixed. But any pvp sub 70 is pretty much dead most of the time and they don't seem to be doing anything to reinvigorate it, like accumulating components while doing sub 70 pvp. There doesn't even need to be a lot of them, just some to encourage people to play those brackets.

Anyway, staying past 5.3 is looking like a no. It really saddens me that they don't focus on what's broken before adding more bling things or QoL. Fixing bugs and what's broken should be at the top of the list,

I hate most of the way the game went through the new pve story since 3.0, doing it once is ok, but you can only run so many toons through it when the story is exactly the same for each class.

For certain. My alts all stop at or before Ziost. Rishi in particular is still great and worth it for the class story epilogues.

Edited by stoopicus

I couldn't even do them once. I started one character down the "god emperor vs. god you" story and got so bored with it I just never finished. I had a toon stuck in the 60's and since mids pop less and less often now I thought about doing the iokath story to try to get to 70, and then found that I can't do it until 70. So I'll probably never do that that story either.

As far as staying for PvP. I'll probably stay as long as I find enough fun games. I still find enough fun matches to make it worth it at the moment, even with all the gripes (mine included). I doubt 5.3 will change that directly. It might change it indirectly if more people leave I guess. Depends on which people leave. :D

Edited by Banderal

As for me, I'll wait until 5.3 drops. I'm not sure why I'll wait that long, the things that frustrate me most aren't even balance issues. Today was my day off and i spent the better part of the day just playing warzones. The groups were terrible. I got bored of leaving matches at some point and would stay through a few of them just to see how they would turn out, they were disasters. A civil war loss that was 0-600 and these guys were patting each other on the back saying "Good job, nice try"

The lack of concern or desire to even try and succeed in PVP matches is driving me away. Close games will keep me interested but steamrolls because an entire team wants to sit on a node to get it over with leaves me feeling quite jaded.

Definitely staying, why the heck wouldn't I stay with a game I enjoy? I might not like every change, but I'm not a reactionary snowflake either :cool:

I enjoy the game so I'll stick around, the increase in communication is definitely a big plus and with class balancing about to come around, I'm hoping we'll see a more balanced meta.

I take it you haven't seen the balance threads yet.

I couldn't even do them once. I started one character down the "god emperor vs. god you" story and got so bored with it I just never finished. I had a toon stuck in the 60's and since mids pop less and less often now I thought about doing the iokath story to try to get to 70, and then found that I can't do it until 70. So I'll probably never do that that story either.

As far as staying for PvP. I'll probably stay as long as I find enough fun games. I still find enough fun matches to make it worth it at the moment, even with all the gripes (mine included). I doubt 5.3 will change that directly. It might change it indirectly if more people leave I guess. Depends on which people leave. :D

I got one to chapter 3 and gave up and went back to pvp

At some point, the quality of solo queue players seemed to take a nosedive. It's probably the players who have to grind warzones to get Unassembled Components for the 248, and often they don't really care to try very hard. Many games are just not even a contest. I had a lot more fun when there were a lot more decent solo queue players, ones who actually wanted to try to win.

I'm just not playing much, but I'm too much of a masochist to leave. I have no real interest in any other games. So here I stay. :(

I already left.. my sub ran 6/5 and the only reason I can still post is the system has not kicked me off (and last I logged I was still a sub so I can still post). Why would I stay? PvP has no content. Alts gearing is way too long. Populations are falling and BW has not even attempted anything for match making. And class balance changes that are at snail speed and unlikely to fix or change anything.

I may sub again, but it does not seem likely in the near future.

school is out now so yea, you will see a lot of new players. its summer time

MMO populations decrease in the summer.

RE the topic: If I thought there was something better out there I would already be gone; PvP in this game gets worse with every single patch.

Well I renewed the subscription so I could grind the gear and then enjoy me some PVP.

Nice thing is, to gain gear you can PVP. Great. Or not. PVP is so TERRIBLE now that I literally feel sick to queue. It's a frustration after frustration. Regs were always hit and miss, but pretty pleasant overall, current state is beyond bad, and I'm not a complaining type.

To think I grind just to be "competitive" at THIS is hilarious.

TLDR. YES, unless they remove gear from pvp or think of some other way of keeping the locust away and WZs playable.

Edited by stu_ungar

Well I renewed the subscription so I could grind the gear and then enjoy me some PVP.

Nice thing is, to gain gear you can PVP. Great. Or not. PVP is so TERRIBLE now that I literally feel sick to queue. It's a frustration after frustration. Regs were always hit and miss, but pretty pleasant overall, current state is beyond bad, and I'm not a complaining type.

To think I grind just to be "competitive" at THIS is hilarious.

TLDR. YES, unless they remove gear from pvp or think of some other way of keeping the locust away and WZs playable.

i want warzone comms back.... was 35356267 faster to gear up with like 0 rng

I've been playing sorc dps since I started playing this game. I didn't reroll to merc in 5.0. I love this game and I hope Keith does too

And haven't us Sorcs had a nerf - buff - nerf - nerf journey along the way.. I mained my Sorc since launch but also have a Merc and other classes.. I was using my Merc successfully in objective pvp prior to 5.0... but as soon as it became FOTM it went straight on the shelf.

Gonna stay until they throw me out, but in the very first time ever I solemnly promise NOT(EDIT, SORRY GUYS) to mock anyone for leaving . . . there's only so many way's one can screw a good thing up . . . 2.2 Was this games gaming peek, 3.3 was the pvp peek

Edited by t-darko