Update on Roadmap

KeithKanneg

We will never get vanilla SWTOR back. We wont get the open worlds. We wont get the voice acting. We wont get the story arcs back. We won't get side quests back. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the only thing they have a chance of doing well at this point is OPS, PvP, GSF, and Flashpoints.

All that I dont want and Need - I want quests, questlines, new and open planets, open world events, some new profession or substancial changes in the professions

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that I dont want and Need - I want quests, questlines, new and open planets, open world events, some new profession or substancial changes in the professions

You realize none of that is ever going to happen again in this game, right?

I would like it too. The class stories are still the best part of the PvE game, by a wide margin.

But it's over. BW hasn't done anything like that since Ziost.

You realize none of that is ever going to happen again in this game, right?

I would like it too. The class stories are still the best part of the PvE game, by a wide margin.

But it's over. BW hasn't done anything like that since Ziost.

BW hasn't done anything strongly class related since Corellia. For the record. (A side quest on Rishi is the only partial exception I can think of)

BW hasn't done anything strongly class related since Corellia. For the record. (A side quest on Rishi is the only partial exception I can think of)

Yup. And Ziost was barely an open world. It is, but the organization is pretty linear.

Rishi and Yavin were fine though.

Bioware abandoned the open world model long ago, in favor of stories on rails. It totally sucks, but it is what it is.

I would trade everything in KotFEET - 4.0, 5.0, all of it - for a single Hutt Cartel style expansion. But it's not going to happen.

I would trade everything in KotFEET - 4.0, 5.0, all of it - for a single Hutt Cartel style expansion. But it's not going to happen.

+1

I'd love if we could do that...I'd even PAY for an expansion.

+1

Yeah, me too.

I understand the appeal of F2P both from a consumer and game company point of view, but I do think it has significantly lowered the bar in terms of quality of content in updates.

All The Best

+1

I'd be happy to lay down cash for an expansion if it meant we got a REAL expansion instead of a dozen cutscenes and a gaggle of boring trash mobs masquerading as an expansion.

I'd be happy to lay down cash for an expansion if it meant we got a REAL expansion instead of a dozen cutscenes and a gaggle of boring trash mobs masquerading as an expansion.

The way expansions used to be years and years ago in other games. ie WoW

Yup. And Ziost was barely an open world. It is, but the organization is pretty linear.

Bioware abandoned the open world model long ago, in favor of stories on rails. It totally sucks, but it is what it is.

They keep going to extremes.

After Yavin 4 which was all dailies no story, they went nuts and created 2 years of instanced stories, now it will be FP and OPS, after this there won't be a game.

They should have stuck to the basic plan they had:

• A new planet
  • Some class level story
  • Expertise Based PvP Gear
  • Drop based PvE gear
  • A new FP
  • A new or extended OP

These "extreme experiments" have cost them their customer base. There are probably not enough $$ coming in to even pay a staff that could do all that.

Has anyone else noticed a drop off in people logged in since the roadmap was released?

Both TEH and Harbinger have been pretty dead since it happened. There are still people about, but it seems there is a noticeable drop in the last day.

Is there some holiday or something happening in the US because I can usually get pvp pops with in 2-3 mins at this time and it's more like 1-2 matches an hour at the moment. That's if there is even a full team on both sides.

Has anyone else noticed a drop off in people logged in since the roadmap was released?

Both TEH and Harbinger have been pretty dead since it happened. There are still people about, but it seems there is a noticeable drop in the last day.

Is there some holiday or something happening in the US because I can usually get pvp pops with in 2-3 mins at this time and it's more like 1-2 matches an hour at the moment. That's if there is even a full team on both sides.

Memorial Day was Monday; that is the symbolic start of summer in the US. Vacations, life outdoors, etc.

Memorial Day was Monday; that is the symbolic start of summer in the US. Vacations, life outdoors, etc.

Ok, but that was 4 days ago.

I mean in just the last 24-36 hours the amount of people logged in seems to have dropped.

SNIP...

It's been hard to keep our raid and PVP groups going but not since the road map. Thats been going on for months now.

I'll know tonight if things appear worse I guess as this is the first night since the road map has been released for me to get some feedback from players but we already knew so much of the information released I expect thats about all I will hear.

Ok, but that was 4 days ago.

I mean in just the last 24-36 hours the amount of people logged in seems to have dropped.

http://mirror.torstatus.net/shards/us/trends

No noticeable drop off than normal for this time of the week. I'm guessing a really small weekend/Monday spike in comparison to previous weeks due to the holiday.

It's quite a depressing site to look at these days on the whole also, especially if you compare it to previous years with internet archive. The legacy on Ben Irving lives on.

Now that the Roadmap is out... If you are interested in it's contents there is still a chance the item your after is not going in game for awhile.

In my case once my Sub is up in a week or so I plan to maybe come back this Fall to take a look.... Beyond that No plans for this game.

I'm sure a few others that have been hanging around just to see the Roadmap have also now decided to go away. It seems logical to go away for awhile until something of interest to them is scheduled to drop...

Seems possible that the Forums will die down quite a bit until some of the promises are put in game... Minus a plethora of request threads.

Edited by Soljin

No real drop off on JC. Fleet between 90 and 100 and Starter planets around 70 where they have been for the last week. I did notice that Harbinger is running higher than usual on fleet at the moment but lower than normal on the starter planets, so maybe the apparent dropoff was transitory.

+1

Tux, it's the darned implementation, 2 storylines for 1, Needed more Meaning with more Romance imo and a lot of the storyline had some stuff cut that we know because they were ordered to have a Chapter every month with exception to KOTET, where now it's stalled for the good and bad reason.

Plus, a lot of us know here that Bioware never gets the amount of people/ resources/ money, etc etc etc. Even if they did another ROTHC Expansion, it might still lack.

I'd pay $100.00 for a KOTFE/KOTET redone, where we don't have this stupid Empire vs. Republic bull, and get to have the Alliance Faction instead.

I know you like the Galactic War, but me and you have been doing this for what seems to be 20 years. From at first SWG Beta to this game.:mad:

Edited by MandFlurry

When i think open world i dont think ziost. its a very small open world.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.