So how many ppl bought the vented lightsaber?

LordAppius

Better question is, WHY does it say on SWTOR.com that the Vented saber is on sale through TODAY, yet it is NOT on sale???? Galactic bait & switch?

On the launcher the ad stated UNTIL today not THROUGH.

On the site here is what is says:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20170502-1

DEFIANT VENTED LIGHTSABER: DIRECT SALE ITEM

WEEKDAY SALE ONLY: Tuesday, May 2 - Friday, May 5 – 7500 CCs NOW 5,600 CARTEL COINS

WEEKDEND ONLY: Saturday, May 6 - Tuesday, May 9 – 7500 CARTEL COINS

With the cartel market, the weekly sales are updated on Tuesdays serveral hours into the day Pacific Standard Time which is the time Bioware goes by. I suspect this was the case with Vented Saber sale.

I'm confused in how it's a lore-killer.

Also, people said that about Darth Maul's lightsaber :p

The reaction to Maul, his saberstaff, and his ship (Sith Infiltrator) was overwhelmingly positive and nowhere near the reaction to Kylo Ren and his saber.

The Ben Solo saber is awesome in an eccentric, outrageous way but not one you would think the son of Han Solo should wield.

Edited by jimmorrisson

The Ben Solo saber is awesome in an eccentric, outrageous way but not one you would think the son of Han Solo should wield.

I hadn't thought of it that way. The son of Han Solo. Though, it sounds like his parents weren't really together. He was shipped off. So, Han may not have had much influence on him other than him missing his daddy.

Well OP if you are thinking of selling it, it was not worth buying.

Anyway as to how many of us brought it.

Nope not me, but did buy the new hair packs for 3 of my accounts. May well get the hair pack for my other two accounts at a later date.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

I didn't purchase one. I did get one from a pack, I think it was a chance cube (I tend to get really lucky with those), not long ago and gave it away to a RL friend that wanted it. I don't like the look of that thing so that was an easy choice.

Bought it. Sold it. Used the credits to get a tythan lightsaber pike :cool:

The tyth saber is so god damn horrible.

To theguy that called us whales, i disagree if i can get coins trhough refer links not sure why i shouldn't ask my friends to click it. Buying hypercrates atp is a no go with the outrageously low drop rates. I remember when i used to buy them off the GTN 3 years ago or more and a lot of good stuff would pop, now i get the same crap over and over and those rng crates. I still love how a hypercrate, that is rng drops a second item that gives rng ... (most times it is crap)

What do you all think about Lord Tyranus (Count Dooku) curved handle design? I liked it and wish they would add something like it. I believe Darth Bane used something similar.

There alreadt are 3/4 curved lightsaber models in game. 1 from the inquisitor story line thaT is now bound to legacy, another one that you can get via hypercrates, one that is a random drop and a command crate drop as well

Well i had enough cartel coins from subscription, and since buying a hypercrate is a no go i used them on the saber. Question is should i use or sell it, since they sell really high

I only use Legacy bound weapons, that way I can share them with my other toons.

Looks be damned, cheaper to augment one weapon instead of 50.

I only use Legacy bound weapons, that way I can share them with my other toons.

Looks be damned, cheaper to augment one weapon instead of 50.

Thats me. Until there is a weapon slot outfit designer, I'll use nothing but a legacy weapon no matter how it looks.

Better to augment just one weapon and move it around. Legacy - It's one of the few things I really like about swtor and something I hate bw isn't doing more with.