1xp short of 66, cannot level up

Sprigget

Hello,

I took advantage of a referral link for its 7-day subscription following a year away from SWTOR and immediately ran into an issue where I'm stuck 1xp shy of level 66 and cannot advance. I managed to find some posts with the same issue saying it was linked to the latest expansion. Since I just completed Chapter X of Fallen Empire, and haven't moved into the new content, could that be the reason why?

Thanks!

I think the 7 day link gives you a taste of the content but if you want to level past 65 then you need to subscribe. There is no bug that blocks you from leveling. The previous bug on XP was that it was incorrectly displaying how much XP but I found the right amount was being added. They fixed that.

Hello,

I took advantage of a referral link for its 7-day subscription following a year away from SWTOR and immediately ran into an issue where I'm stuck 1xp shy of level 66 and cannot advance. I managed to find some posts with the same issue saying it was linked to the latest expansion. Since I just completed Chapter X of Fallen Empire, and haven't moved into the new content, could that be the reason why?

Thanks!

The 7 day is a referral not a true subscription so you will not be able to level up until you actually purchase a sub. My best friend did this when she came back and it locked her out of leveling until she resubbed.

Yeah, a referral link doesn't treat you as a true subscriber when it comes to game entitlements.

It'll remove all the gameplay restrictions but it won't give you rewards or expansions.

You'll still need to cough up a month's worth of cash to get those.

Yeah, a referral link doesn't treat you as a true subscriber when it comes to game entitlements.

It'll remove all the gameplay restrictions but it won't give you rewards or expansions.

You'll still need to cough up a month's worth of cash to get those.

Still though 1 months subscription for all past expansions for free and the current one is more generous then coughing up an additional $40+ for the expansion (look at WoW and their expansions :D)

Still though 1 months subscription for all past expansions for free and the current one is more generous then coughing up an additional $40+ for the expansion (look at WoW and their expansions :D)

I'm afraid it's just not worth it where I am in the game and the direction BW wants to take SWTOR. I have all 8 classes at 65, so none can level up without paying for a subscription. My hope was to take the 7-day referral link, play through the rest of KotFE (assuming I wasn't going to get level-capped since the game says I'm a "subscriber"), and then pay for a month to finish the final expansion.

Suffice to say the experience in the past few days has been lackluster at best. It's been over a year since I was a full subscriber, leaving when KotFE essentially axed the co-op feeling of the game, and in that time my guildmates and I have all moved to a different MMO in that time. Not WoW, however we did spend time there and enjoyed it. All of us used the same referral link for the 7-day deal and all found the game to be much more clunky and unpolished than we remember. I had many issues playing the game, far too many to list here, but I can't justify even the 1-month subscription for the game as it is right now. A few years ago it was awesome, but now it seems like such a long way from that. :(

My hope was to take the 7-day referral link, play through the rest of KotFE (assuming I wasn't going to get level-capped since the game says I'm a "subscriber"), and then pay for a month to finish the final expansion.

Paying for a month now would allow you to do exactly what you want to do. You retain access to all current expansions even after your subscription expires, so there's only a 7 day difference between what would have happened if the link had given you access, and what you'll be able to do by paying for 30 days.

• 2 years later...
The 7 day is a referral not a true subscription so you will not be able to level up until you actually purchase a sub. My best friend did this when she came back and it locked her out of leveling until she resubbed.

I know this is from 2 years ago, but wanted to say this has changed. I have recently started to play again after 6-7y and uses referal and got 7 days sub, and it works as a full subscription, did just complete the entire story :) Only thing that didnt work was my refer a friend link 😁 I think thats fair, that you need to pay 1 month for it to work.

Edited by Gollee

• 9 months later...
I know this is from 2 years ago, but wanted to say this has changed. I have recently started to play again after 6-7y and uses referal and got 7 days sub, and it works as a full subscription, did just complete the entire story :) Only thing that didnt work was my refer a friend link 😁 I think thats fair, that you need to pay 1 month for it to work.

This makes no sense for me because I didnt bought a 30 sub since 2017/08/12 and in february I used a referall code and it worked perflectly fine, I played the story and got some characters to lvl 75.

So I wanted to do this again and used one today and now its not working anymore which is strange because I already did the Onlaught story.

This makes no sense for me because I didnt bought a 30 sub since 2017/08/12 and in february I used a referall code and it worked perflectly fine, I played the story and got some characters to lvl 75.

So I wanted to do this again and used one today and now its not working anymore which is strange because I already did the Onlaught story.

They probably changed how it works. They do that sometimes. For example, some Subscription rewards like companion were obtainable by being preferred at the required date. But this time Shae Vizla was not granted to preferred players.

So you got some toons before to 75 but since you are not subscriber you did not unlock it for the account and now is not doing the same temporary unlock as before.

Referral codes only work once. Once you use a referral code on your account and get the rewards for doing so, you cant claim another at a later date. I have heard through rumor that after so many years of being unsubbed, its possible to use another code, but I i havent seen anything to confirm that theory.

:rak_03:

I'm afraid it's just not worth it where I am in the game and the direction BW wants to take SWTOR. I have all 8 classes at 65, so none can level up without paying for a subscription. My hope was to take the 7-day referral link, play through the rest of KotFE (assuming I wasn't going to get level-capped since the game says I'm a "subscriber"), and then pay for a month to finish the final expansion.

Suffice to say the experience in the past few days has been lackluster at best. It's been over a year since I was a full subscriber, leaving when KotFE essentially axed the co-op feeling of the game, and in that time my guildmates and I have all moved to a different MMO in that time. Not WoW, however we did spend time there and enjoyed it. All of us used the same referral link for the 7-day deal and all found the game to be much more clunky and unpolished than we remember. I had many issues playing the game, far too many to list here, but I can't justify even the 1-month subscription for the game as it is right now. A few years ago it was awesome, but now it seems like such a long way from that. :(

Really? You think that a one month sub of 13 bucks is not worth it to permanently unlock the current expansions? Well, I think that in that case you are done here then. I mean, not trying to be rude but 13 bucks is not a whole lot and you only need to sub one month to get level 75 unlocked permanently. If that's not good enough, I'm surprised you want to continue in this game at all then. In other words, if it's not worth 13 bucks to you, I have no idea why you would want it at all.

Edited by Tsillah

Really? You think that a one month sub of 13 bucks is not worth it to permanently unlock the current expansions? Well, I think that in that case you are done here then. I mean, not trying to be rude but 13 bucks is not a whole lot and you only need to sub one month to get level 75 unlocked permanently. If that's not good enough, I'm surprised you want to continue in this game at all then. In other words, if it's not worth 13 bucks to you, I have no idea why you would want it at all.

Well as he posted that comment in 2017... :D

Referral codes only work once. Once you use a referral code on your account and get the rewards for doing so, you cant claim another at a later date. I have heard through rumor that after so many years of being unsubbed, its possible to use another code, but I i havent seen anything to confirm that theory.

This is incorrect. One will only receive the bundle once, Jumpstart Bundle for first use on a new account, Preferred Friends Bundle on second use and for returning players, but the 7-days of premium time can be acquired multiple times. As per the Terms for the referral program, "Previous Subscribers who participate in Friends of SWTOR cannot be referred again for 90 days."

http://www.swtor.com/info/friends